soulbinder stuck at grand soul forever

Hi...im doing a lot of tmaps my soulbinder went to grand soul very fast and now doing many level4 im still stock there can i go over grand soul whitout killing a boss?

ty

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Always carry at least 3 binders. I have not done T maps but someone PMed me that the maps were collecting more than the seas.he was doing trove. 

Are all the guardians Orange? And what level map I'm sure the mobs are scaled.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    Fortis said:

Hi...im doing a lot of tmaps my soulbinder went to grand soul very fast and now doing many level4 im still stock there can i go over grand soul whitout killing a boss?

I turned in several soulbinders after completing 1 map when patch first went to Baja.

Cache maps gave something around 70ish points

Hoard maps 270ish points. (so that would mean 10 +/- hoard maps should have to be completed to go from grand to exalted).

I didnt test any trove.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    @Kyronix I noticed doing corgul that each of our tamers clearing the HUNDREDS of red spawn got a binder to 'grand' level in the first bash of one bunch (ie within 1 minute of starting).  Say about 12 mobs. 

After that we didn't get ANY more at all although we then killed the other 20 or more bunch of spawns.   Probably another hundred or so mobs.  ZIP, nada, nothing more.

I have been taking 10 empty soul binders on each character when I go.  So of those AFTER all the red spawn is killed only ONE bottle is filled to 'grand' level. 

Then when we kill corgul,  those same 'grand' bottles fill to 'legendary' and the other 9 bottles are empty.

The two characters my ally and I play with that don't touch the spawn but do come in on corgul, a bard (to discord and cast the odd earth ele to get rights) and weaver (also with 10 empty binders) seem have in each case scored 5-6 mythic bottles of the ten they carry.   This has happened in every instance of kiling him.

I don't know but if this is working as intended it kinda sucks given the chars who have done all the work clearing the spawn and killing corgul from the first hit to the last, get a whole ONE legendary bottle, yet the chars that did nothing other than hit the boss with word of death at the end get 5-6 mythics.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    we noticed this the other day as well the sampire doing massive damage got very little my bard doing minimal damage but buffing and healing got 4 mythic bottles...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    I don't like the randomness either.
    edited September 2019
    Just as an aside, we just did corgul again.

Again after the first 5 seconds each of us had ONE binder filled to 'grand' level then nothing more.  So we put those 'grand' binders in the hold of the ship and hit another bunch of spawn and again another bottle filled to 'grand'. 

It seems if you leave the binder in your pack you wont get more til you remove it. 

Yet again on the Boss, the character who did word of death at the end was the ONLY one who got mythic drops (5) on the one char from the boss.  The tamer chars who had been on it the whole time had one grand bottle fil to legendary.

If this is working as intended then it is well and truly borked.

Cheers MissE

I was doing WoD and had a pet the whole time on Corgul and got 1 binder.  A player tossing slow fireballs and thats all got 3.  It is not damage related. It is random.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Is the soulbinder in your top level backpack?
    yep all of them are.

Cheers MissE

Of course. And someone said they only had 3 on them and they got a message another could have filled.  I cant verify that.

The red guys should fill the binders more.  Thats a lot of fighting.

Kyronix said:

edited September 2019
    The binders aren’t filled until they are at Legendary Mythical.  If you aren’t getting a message that some of the soul is lost and you are getting a sound effect, the binder is filling up.  As to how much of a creatures soul you get, that is based on “top attacker” similarly to how other similar systems work with point distributions based on your position on the list.  Not saying there couldn’t be an issue, but would need more information to try and debug it.  
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    Kyronix said:
    The binders aren’t filled until they are at Legendary.  If you aren’t getting a message that some of the soul is lost and you are getting a sound effect, the binder is filling up.  As to how much of a creatures soul you get, that is based on “top attacker” similarly to how other similar systems work with point distributions based on your position on the list.  Not saying there couldn’t be an issue, but would need more information to try and debug it.  

i can guarantee you there is an issue seem to be the opposite less you do better the reward is
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    MissE said:
    Just as an aside, we just did corgul again.

Again after the first 5 seconds each of us had ONE binder filled to 'grand' level then nothing more.  So we put those 'grand' binders in the hold of the ship and hit another bunch of spawn and again another bottle filled to 'grand'. 

It seems if you leave the binder in your pack you wont get more til you remove it. 

Yet again on the Boss, the character who did word of death at the end was the ONLY one who got mythic drops (5) on the one char from the boss.  The tamer chars who had been on it the whole time had one grand bottle fil to legendary.

If this is working as intended then it is well and truly borked.

I suspect that the "kill" awards way too much Souls (5 Mythic) to the character who gets that kill which, in a party of many players, could be really like a Lottery....

I would say that, instead, the total "Pool" of Souls awarded by that given creature should be awarded to any and all those participating in the fight in an equal measure, regardless of the damage or kill that they were to do.....
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Kyronix said:
    The binders aren’t filled until they are at Legendary.  If you aren’t getting a message that some of the soul is lost and you are getting a sound effect, the binder is filling up.  As to how much of a creatures soul you get, that is based on “top attacker” similarly to how other similar systems work with point distributions based on your position on the list.  Not saying there couldn’t be an issue, but would need more information to try and debug it.  
    And that is what in the end does not work well....

The "Top Attacker" thing....

Rather then going to the top attacker, to my viewing, the Soul from the killed creature should be evenly split up among all of those participating regardless from who does the most damage or who kills it....
    They aren't going to the top attacker tho, in our case the bard who did NOTHING in the way of direct attack other than cast a few earth eles once it was down to around 40% health to get rights was picking up 5-6 while his tamer that cleared all the spawn and was on corgul from the first instant got 1 legendary for the whole encounter, all the red spawn and the boss. The bard didnt so much as touch the red prespawn.

The weaver does a lot of dmage once word of death comes in but that was the ONLY damage that char did.

Cheers MissE

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Kyronix said:
    meaning main backpack?
    because I was trying to get a full set of each level (for display purposes before I forget)
    I put a legendary inside another bag and it turned mythical when I killed a pirate.
    I'm guessing because it was already being worked on.
    And the person who was with me, also had that happen.
    Yes, main backpack.  It cannot be in a sub container.

Remember that “top attacker” counts for damage dealt, damage received, and damage healed. It’s a combo of all those things. 
    Kyronix said:
    Yes, main backpack.  It cannot be in a sub container.

Remember that “top attacker” counts for damage dealt, damage received, and damage healed. It’s a combo of all those things. 

When I have a pet on the mob all the time and healing other players then doing >700 damage WoD there is no way a player tossing out EVs every once in a while and doing nothing else is a higher qualifier than I am.  They got more binders than I did.  I know how to get top damager or whatever you want to call it.

Im fine with a top participant method of filling them but it seems backwards in the game.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    hey people want to be really disgust try ej accounts and group them with your group with plently of empty soulbinder on them you will see them filled like crazy
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    So your opening post is "hey I'm stuck" and your last one is....nvm....*shakes head*
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Well it is NOT working as intended.   The soul binders get stuck at 'grand' when killing the spawn, only ONE will fill this is after killing about 20 mobs.  Until you shift that out of your backpack no more will fill and it will not progress any further even after then spending another 15 mins or so killing 20 x the amount of spawn. After killing  orc spawn on pirate ships the bottles will go from grand and not long after to exalted etc on less than 1/10th of the kill, this is not the case with corgul mobs. 

Cheers MissE

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    it's about time us bards were reward for all our hard buffing and healing work ")

Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MissE said:
    Well it is NOT working as intended.   The soul binders get stuck at 'grand' when killing the spawn, only ONE will fill this is after killing about 20 mobs.  Until you shift that out of your backpack no more will fill and it will not progress any further even after then spending another 15 mins or so killing 20 x the amount of spawn. After killing  orc spawn on pirate ships the bottles will go from grand and not long after to exalted etc on less than 1/10th of the kill, this is not the case with corgul mobs. 
    I believe it is working as intended, I had the same doubts and tested many combos.  Yes, killing one pack fills a soul binder to Grand but I believe, the threshold to hit grand is about 1-200 points.

Try this, kill one pack, stick the bottle in your hold, then go kill the rest of the packs and stick that bottle in the hold.  Remember which is which and complete the spawn.  Go hand those bottles in and see the point difference, both Grand but the second will be worth around 2000 points.

I'm guessing the threshold between grand and exalted is rather large hence after killing all the packs with one soulbinder it looks like the soulbinder has not gained anything.

Try it yourself, you will see.
  • I'll put my neck on the chopping block here regarding values which are estimated and I will stand corrected if I'm away of the mark.

In terms of handin/silver points...

Kill your first mob it becomes a Lesser, or words to that effect, so guessing value between 0-200.

200-5000ish it is Grand
    5000-8000ish it is exalted(?)
    8000-9900ish it is Legendary(?)
    9900-10,000 it is Exalted

This is why I suspect so many posts are saying, stuck at grand!

If one corgul pack is worth say 200 max, you would have to kill around 25 packs for the soulbinder to advance to Exalted.  So you would have to clear the islands packs 3x for it to tip past Grand.

My figures above are a very rough guesstimate, but we know a full binder is worth 10,000 points so there must be numerical brackets in between.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Do the figures in the publish notes and on the wiki page not help?

• Grand Soul –  at least 1% full
    • Exalted Soul – at least 25% full
    • Legendary Soul – at least 50% full
    • Mythical Soul – at least 90% full

• Mariah said:
    Do the figures in the publish notes and on the wiki page not help?

• Grand Soul –  at least 1% full
    • Exalted Soul – at least 25% full
    • Legendary Soul – at least 50% full
    • Mythical Soul – at least 90% full

Haha!!  Totally, missed that detail.  Rest my case I guess.  All the packs, including the extra 5 that spawn after you engage Corgul will not go past Grand.

Thank you for highlighting that detail!
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662

200-5000ish it is Grand

I turned in a Legendary because it was stuck for days.
    All the others in my pack were changing but it wasn't.

I got 8900 points
  • Yui_Zii_AriyaYui_Zii_Ariya Posts: 65
    edited September 2019

200-5000ish it is Grand

I turned in a Legendary because it was stuck for days.
    All the others in my pack were changing but it wasn't.

I got 8900 points
    Given the new to me info, but blatantly obvious to all those that read patch notes, I make it the following...

Lesser(?) Soulbinder = 0-100
    Grand soulbinder = 100-2500
    Exalted soulbinder = 2500-5000
    Legendary soulbinder = 5000-9000
    Mythical soulbinder = 9000-10,000

Only odd ball I can throw in is that my warrior that clears all the Corgul packs gets an exalted soulbinder fill, I'm guessing the math says, after corgul is dead the soul point count will not fit on top of the grand soulbinder fill and subsequently fills a new one.

Essentially, your turn in was correct.
  • @Kyronix we did about 10 Scalis over 2 days and the "randomness" of who gets filled bottles is just wrong.  One person got 6 full Mythic bottles while others got 1 or only a Legendary.  We are a group of 8 that play together on similar templates and it's baffling on how they get filled.  I don't get why the "Top 2 or 3" get 5 or 6 and the rest get one or a partial.  We're all doing similar damage and it basically takes all the fairness out of doing it.  We end up pooling all the bottles and divide them up at the end, but this isn't possible when others join in.  This reminds me of the Dark Father Blood where only the 3 top damagers to the DFs get blood, which is not really fair since if you're the one killing off the spawn (which there is WAY too much of) doesn't get rewarded like the people that just keep their pet on the DF or just attack the DF.  If you're using this Model to divide the bottles it just doesn't seem like an even distribution.  If you do 100 more damage on a Scalis and get 6 while someone who did just about the same damage only gets 1 is not a fair distribution. 
    The distribution is exactly the same as we have used for all Treasures of.. events including Treasures of Tokuno, Treasures of Doom, Treasures of the Kotl City, Treasures of Khaldun etc.  

You position on the "top contributors" list is a ranking based on, 

• damage dealt
    • damage received
    • damage healed
    So you get credit for tanking, healing, and DPS.  Slight variations in these factors alter where you end up on the list.  This is how it works game wide for any implementation of the "top contributors" list.  We award the top 16 contributors with a progressively smaller percentage of the total soul points available from any given creature giving them credit for their overall contribution.