EC bug list for the next publish

DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
edited March 2018 in Bugs
The devs have said the next publish was going to be a big bug fix publish so I thought I would list up some current bugs / issues with the EC for them to see here. Feel free to add any to the list.

@Mesanna
@Kyronix
@Bleak
@Misk

All of these bugs are found in the default EC with running no modifications:

1. Mobiles bar overflows. Maybe add a limit to the amount of mobiles for each section? There is a feature like this in Pinco UI already.

I have my mobile bars separated into 4 main sections.

"attackables" = Grey mobs
"murderers" = Red mobs
"mobiles" = Everything else
"innocents" = Blue mobs

If I go to an area where there is a large amount of a certain mob it floods the bar and I cannot see the others. It would be good to cap the amount of each that is shown. For example I could set a limit to only show 5x attackables, 5x innocents etc.

If you go to a champ spawn for example the bar will flood with all the grey bars for the spawn. A blue or red player arrives and the mobile bar wont show because the "attackables" bar is filled.

The screenshot below shows my mobiles bar setup on the left and what happens when the bar floods with mobs on the right.

2. In the mobiles section "attackable", "criminal", "neutral animals" all seem to be the same thing.

If I am at a spawn for example all the spawn will show in the grey "attackable" mobiles bar. Along with neutral animals and criminals. Is there anyway to separate these with a different colour? A grey player (criminal) just blends in with all the spawn / neutral animals.

3. Some speech repeats itself in every chat channel even if you set a filter.

As you can see in the screenshot below I have 3 main windows for my chat.

Top = System / Journal
Middle = General chat
Bottom = Guild / Party

Some certain text shows in EVERY SINGLE WINDOW even when I have chat filter set. In the example below you can see the Spellweaving message shows in all of the windows even when the middle box is set to show "chat (channel)" only and the bottom box is set to show "party/guild/alliance".

4. Target nearest enemy will target my own summons or red guild mates.

Not much to explain here. I have a hotkey setup for "attack nearest enemy". It will flag my own summons or red / orange guild mate if they are close to me. Can be very annoying in fights when it everyone is close to each other.

There are many more which I shall work on posting up with images where possible to explain.

Please feel free to add any more you come across.

Comments

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    edited March 2018
    This one I first posted on another forum back in 2015! It is still broken today.

If you have "show close and extract buttons on healthbars" UN-TICKED and grab a players bar using CTRL + drag the bar will vanish once you go off screen.

I love the ability to quickly grab a health bar from the mobiles bar using CTRL + Drag. It is so much faster than having to click that tiny button on each mobile.

PS.. Just made this video today (31st March) note the NPC showing naked as I run around the field.

2nd video with a different character on a different shard:

When you click "Lock atlas" to lock the EC map it unlocks when you login next time.

Also is it possible to make it so we can assign a hot key to "enlarge the map for tactical purposes" rather than having to click that small green button to enlarge it?
  • BubblegumBubblegum Posts: 41
    DJAd said:
    As you can see in the screenshot below I have 3 main windows for my chat.

Top = System / Journal
    Middle = General chat
    Bottom = Guild / Party

Some certain text shows in EVERY SINGLE WINDOW even when I have chat filter set. In the example below you can see the Spellweaving message shows in all of the windows even when the middle box is set to show "chat (channel)" only and the bottom box is set to show "party/guild/alliance".

Please feel free to add any more you come across.

YES YES. I 2nd this, I would love to have multiply tabs for chat, (ie.~say/guild/combat/etc etc), but since they still show up in the other tabs, (filtered or not), what's the point.

Please fix thanks.

Wildfire

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Nice post @DJAd it would be great if they could fix the particle effect problem too, turning it off completely is not really a solution, now I have no idea when a huge spell is going off so I am a bit slow at hitting those heals!  :/
    Bump? I posted these way before the "bug fix publish" and guess what. They are all still in the game. 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited February 2019
    I was looking at this last night actually,  (I’m also surprised they didn’t correct the EC character sheet https://forum.uo.com/discussion/872/enhance-client-character-sheet#latest )

number 2. is not a bug, the list is a “mobiles” list, what you’re requesting is an additional feature to distinguish players from non player mobiles.

number 4. Is linked with this issue https://forum.uo.com/discussion/3190/issues-with-block-war-on-options#latest
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Mervyn said:
    number 2. is not a bug, the list is a “mobiles” list, what you’re requesting is an additional feature to distinguish players from non player mobiles.
    Hmmmmm. I see where you are coming from but I wouldn't really class a cat or dog as a criminal but definitely a neutral animal. However it still appears under the criminal mobile section. A blue player that has flagged grey from combat / stealing is what I would expect to see under criminals. 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,318
    Mobiles list:
    Under 'user settings' 'Mobiles bar' uncheck 'neutral animals' and 'summons' to remove those from your list.
    I don’t use EC much so I’ll have to test when I have a chance, but I’ve a feeling when you uncheck ‘neutral animals’ that’s just the wording it uses for grey and will also stop criminals appearing on the mobile bar. I’ll have to test though as last time I played I didn’t have the “summons” option, that is new to me and sounds like a nice filter if it works. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

edited February 2019
    Mobiles list:
    Under 'user settings' 'Mobiles bar' uncheck 'neutral animals' and 'summons' to remove those from your list.
    Mervyn said:
    but I’ve a feeling when you uncheck ‘neutral animals’ that’s just the wording it uses for grey and will also stop criminals appearing on the mobile bar. 
    This is what happens. If I uncheck neutral animals they just appear under the other grey bars. I think the filters just work from the mob colours rather than actually what the mob is.
    edited March 2019
    Odd because the game is able to distinguish between players and monsters without direct interaction, as the tracking menu gives options of Animals, Monsters, NPCs, or Players.

• and yet it is not able to distinguish between animals and humans as soon as the humans are in animal form...
    well they've turned into an animal/monster though

• JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 286
    edited March 2019
    -- What about the deco bug in EC? This has been a massive annoyance for people who play exclusively in EC.

If you're trying to place an item on, say, the third floor and there is a container on the first or second floor below that tile, the item drops into the container. Deeded items can't be placed, either, because the cursor focuses on the containers on the floors below and not on the floor tile.

When customizing a house or decorating, I have to switch over to Classic for it.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
    -- What about the deco bug in EC? This has been a massive annoyance for people who play exclusively in EC.

If you're trying to place an item on, say, the third floor and there is a container on the first or second floor below that tile, the item drops into the container. Deeded items can't be placed, either, because the cursor focuses on the containers on the floors below and not on the floor tile.

When customizing a house or decorating, I have to switch over to Classic for it.

You can put an item into a box or a trash barrel then chop the container with an axe to place items. This is by no means ideal but it will work. 
  • DubhDubh Posts: 28
    How about the EC special color picker, used for special dye tubs and hair dye? It asks you to pick a color based on a bad sample, but the color is always different because the internal tables don't seem to line up with the samples.

Sometimes you can get the right color by picking one off but often not.

I've been trying for a half hour to get dark brown hair. This should be easy!
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    ^ yes this is frustrating. Also, can the colors be shown with a square instead of asterisks?  The choice to show a color on a dye tub color selection window using a few asterisks is really weird. 
  • dapHdapH Posts: 5
    Years later, any news after about these things? Ok, point 4 from the first post and the mentioned deco-bug is nothing I ever tried/encountered.
    But (a) readable chat windows would be so.. .. normal. And a cleaner/reasonable mobile bar too.
    dapH said:
    Years later, any news after about these things?
    Don't be silly! of course not.
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    dapH said:
    Years later, any news after about these things? Ok, point 4 from the first post and the mentioned deco-bug is nothing I ever tried/encountered.
    But (a) readable chat windows would be so.. .. normal. And a cleaner/reasonable mobile bar too.
    If you're waiting for an answer, you might take a life insurance while waiting lol