Put Legendaries back!

2»

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited February 2019
    That ring will give no advantage at all. 

Anyone half decent has capped out all useful stats with normal legendaries.

All it means is that when they die to me, I get more insurance as it will have a high insurance value as insurance is calculated by item intensity. 

Also, only 20 EP is a massive fail
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• GandalfGandalf Posts: 115
    edited February 2019
    Mervyn miskin

It's true you have such good knowledge of pvp playing on a shard with only 20 people connected. On top of that being the one who always die first on the field

But this is not the subject of this thread and I think your opinion is not suitable for this discussion.

edited February 2019
    This thread is a total joke. It’s well established that item creep is an ongoing problem and your suggestion to spawn more items like this is a step backwards. 

And I’ve seen the vids of other people’s guilds with “Mervyn first target” as an ongoing theme... I take it as a compliment. People left Euro to play on Atl cos they kept getting owned by ‘W’ so they thought they’d play somewhere easier. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• Mervyn said:
    This thread is a total joke. It’s well established that item creep is an ongoing problem and your suggestion to spawn more items like this is a step backwards. 

And I’ve seen the vids of other people’s guilds with “Mervyn first target” as an ongoing theme... I take it as a compliment. People left Euro to play on Atl cos they kept getting owned by ‘W’ so they thought they’d play somewhere easier. 
    Fact is : the weakest players are always the first target ....
    But anways yeah you're the best player of all time !! 

edited February 2019
    Me being better at pvp than anyone else doesn’t necessarily mean anything when discussing such topics. A nooby miner can tell you this thread is garbage. 

I just don’t see how someone having an extra 30 stat and 10 ssi is going to help them. Please enlighten us all.

• KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    @Gandalf I have seen that ring before! ;)
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    Gandalf said:
    20 plat ?  that ring don't have any values. Developers make a fix and leave the casuals/daily players without any chances of getting this. I believe that this is reserved only to bot farmers or brokers or players that pay in cash.
    I can tell you, with confidence, that the current owner of that ring, bought it with gold, and gold that was earned LEGALLY!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    FYI, that ring is now FOR SALE!!! Check out the "other UO site" for details!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    KHAN said:
    FYI, that ring is now FOR SALE!!! Check out the "other UO site" for details!

Yes if you read what he said he put it up for auction because of this thread. The sky is falling, no more good loot is dropping!  Im sure he is thankful all the participants in the thread for his Plats.  :p
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    @Pawain I PM'd you bud. :)
  • Power creep from items doesn't excuse or justify removal of items already allowed for years. The items should have NEVER been allowed from the start if your using unbalanced power creep for a defense. Folks have spent years legit farming for these items. I have a few of them. All were legit farmed by hand on ONE account, not BOT farmed w/ multiclients. 

Removal of even the chance to get these drops makes me not want to play anymore. I have the Davie's Locker 100% FULL of lvl 6 Fel Maps & another 50-60 lvl 7 Fel maps. I've spent countless hours farming maps & digging chests for loot. They have effectively killed this entire aspect of the game by this loot nerf. I will do none of this any longer. 

Who cares right, I'm just one guy? I'm one guy that now plays other games far more then UO as one major incentive to play was stealth removed. Keep removing reasons to keep players coming back & lets see how that works for ya.....

The unbalance these items cause are from only a few folks having them. Removing the chance for them to drop makes it worse.

Mervyn said:
    That ring will give no advantage at all. 
    If these items give no advantage at all why not put them back in the loot table? What does it matter if these items truly give no advantage. Fact is, OF COURSE they give an advantage and in some cases a HUGE advantage.
  • hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    ive been told its still possible to get these items but i see no signs of it 
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    edited February 2019
    hunter11 said:

Where did u hear that? The official word at the meet & greet from the boss was they all got nixed.

hunter11 said:
    Well it's not written in the note patch.
    It would be nice if one of a dev confirm us because farm for items which does not spawn anymore, it is completely stupid.
  • psychopsycho Posts: 282
    This thread reminds me of the start of AoS, where there were no hard caps and people had FC 4, high SDI, endless DI and SSI and whatnot, and amazingly still getting owned by FC2 players with GM crafted gear.  The difference since then is that we now have hard caps of FC2, 20sdi(unfocused), 40lmc, 45dci 45hci etc. 

Remember with the hard caps, theres hardly an advantage with those 12mods legendarys.
    Theres 999 ways to make suits you dont need those 12mods legendarys at all.

Gandalf said:
    Well it's not written in the note patch.
    It would be nice if one of a dev confirm us because farm for items which does not spawn anymore, it is completely stupid.
    They dont need to. Part of the fun of going out hunting for items is the excitement that you never know what you could find. To take it one step further I think they also should re-introduce the "magical item" property, forcing people to have Item identification skill or wand. That would be amazing.

edited February 2019

Official response from M&G:

In the log of M&G(taken from another website) when they were speaking about the +8MODs :

"Hello Kitty: question is
    Hello Kitty: i seen ppl with items with 13+ properties
    Hello Kitty: i was told it doesnt drop anymore
    Hello Kitty: true or false?
    Mesanna: we put a cap on items
    Mesanna: but it is possible they were from before
    Hello Kitty: i believe so
    Hello Kitty: now
    Hello Kitty: how do i compete plaver vs player if i cant get those items
    Hello Kitty: its unfair
    Mesanna: not much we can do about it"

I think the subject close now...

• SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    the thing from the meet and greet doesnt prove anything.  she could have easily meant item number cap, not item intensity cap.  see my new thread.  the new item number cap is well documented in patch notes, im almost sure thats what she was referring to.
  • Gandalf said: Official response from M&G:
    In the log of M&G(taken from another website) when they were speaking about the +8MODs :
    "Hello Kitty: question is
    Hello Kitty: i seen ppl with items with 13+ properties
    Hello Kitty: i was told it doesnt drop anymore
    Hello Kitty: true or false?
    Mesanna: we put a cap on items
    Mesanna: but it is possible they were from before
    Hello Kitty: i believe so
    Hello Kitty: now
    Hello Kitty: how do i compete plaver vs player if i cant get those items
    Hello Kitty: its unfair
    I think the subject close now...

R.I.P UO.

• TimTim Posts: 783
    edited February 2019
    I think she was just shaking her head at the thought of PvP in UO being fair.

List of thing she has no control of
    • Player's hardware
    • Player's internet connection
    • How much said player spent on gear (real and gold)
    • What helper (cheat) programs he/she has running
    Sort of reminds me of an interview I saw of an online gambling expert bracking out in laughter when being asked how do you know if another player has a second computer doing the odds for him. When he stopped laughing he said the bigger problem was do you know the computer dealing the cards is honest?

As Robert A. Heinlein said "the game may be fixed but its the only one in town"

(yes I probably got the quote wrong)
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,896
    edited February 2019
    Acid_Rain said:
    I have the Davie's Locker 100% FULL of lvl 6 Fel Maps & another 50-60 lvl 7 Fel maps.
    How does one get Level 6 Felucca Maps?

Doesn't Miasma and the Paragons, Pyre, Rend, Abcess, Putrefier, Master Theophilus, Stygian Dragon give "random" level 6 Maps with those in Felucca being just rarely a drop ?

If so, in order to get 500 Felucca Maps one would need to get a LOT more level 6 Maps....

Also, don't level 7 Maps spawn in level 6 Chests at a low rate other then from Corgul the Soulbinder, and Scalis the Enforcer which are difficult to be spawned ?

If so, in order to get 50-60 Felucca level 7 maps how many Level 6 Treasures one would need to dig up ?

Or do Felucca level 6 and 7 Maps spawn also elsewhere ?
  • amitamit Posts: 36
    BUMPPP
  • hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    edited March 2019

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,930Moderator
    edited March 2019
    This question has been answered, repeatedly, at Meet and Greets.

Please also see item 5 in the terms of service.
This discussion has been closed.