Anyone remember the story of this BIG flat dirt field in T2A?

This is just to the south of the Popua Docks.  You can see the building on the north side of the map.

Perhaps, if houses were allowed in The Lost Lands... you could have 2 castles side by side in this spot.

Owner of the Red & Purple Mini Mall, established 2001. - The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood [Town] Atlantic Shard.
Proud member of the Department of Mayhem.

Comments

• Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    edited November 2018
    It's where the Minax faction base was in Fel, before it was mmoved to the north side of the Dragonhame mountains.

The blank spot is in both Tram and Fel. 
  • What did it look like, Dot?

Was it like a camp or like a town... or what?

Any clue how long ago?

Lets play historian.  ;-)

This must have been a time before Tram, right?  (Thus the mirror image.)

The current location still exist?  Fel, I'm sure.

Owner of the Red & Purple Mini Mall, established 2001. - The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood [Town] Atlantic Shard.
  • Dot's right...

That was the Minax base.    As for history... I am not your flunky in the typing pool... learn to use the google search.

• Please, Lady Storm.  Its called "General Discussion" for a reason.   

No one asked you to make rude comments. 

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208

Dot's right...

That was the Minax base.    As for history... I am not your flunky in the typing pool... learn to use the google search.

I don’t believe this, the forum is for general discussion about uo and someone comes on for that reason and doesn’t make posts like everyone else crying to make the game more easy and they are responded to with this attitude...
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• This is where I wish you could hear the inflection in the voice as its said... Google will find you faster the correct info.   People need to not over read things.    The joke is I am not your personal flunky in the typing pool... im my kids flunky who knows how to type    see I had a stroke a few years ago  it tends to clip my thoughts and even thought I tell my fingers what to enter you might find sentences half there or a wrong word entered....  its quite frustrating when I want to say something and the words wont come to mind, or they are on the tip of my tongue and I cant get it out....  Most of the players out there didn't play UO when Minax was first introduced 
  • OkamiOkami Posts: 61
    The Dirt Field was not actually originally present in T2A Trammel IIRC, as Factions didnt go live until after the facet split.

I -suspect- what happened is that at some point of map updating, the map was "cloned" from Felucca to Trammel, and this is a carry over of that. Possibly when ML dungeons were added?