Ultima Online Classic Client Upgrade!

124»

Comments

• I've got to wonder how many people were banned for using what's now going to be the new "Classic" client. Will they be un-banned now? What other third party programs, currently disallowed, are to be allowed in altered version?

Paying accounts that weren't scripting or doing anything hinky went untouched.
  • I've got to wonder how many people were banned for using what's now going to be the new "Classic" client. Will they be un-banned now? What other third party programs, currently disallowed, are to be allowed in altered version?

Do we know this or are you speculating?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,969
    I've got to wonder how many people were banned for using what's now going to be the new "Classic" client. Will they be un-banned now? What other third party programs, currently disallowed, are to be allowed in altered version?

Do we know this or are you speculating?
    Everything is speculation with our development team...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 270
    edited September 29
    I'm quite sure. As to how...
    edited September 29
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,269
    There's no real way to skim around this but if they can make it have the look and feel of Outlands that's HUGE. 
  • KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 201
    edited September 30
    I've got to wonder how many people were banned for using what's now going to be the new "Classic" client. Will they be un-banned now? What other third party programs, currently disallowed, are to be allowed in altered version?

Paying accounts..
    You could have stopped there.. If u read the war on third party; mesanna posted.. any payed account can use illegal third party on production and from my RECENT experience in game.. any paid account can mutlibox 10 scripting bots unpunished, under BS management.
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio
  • sibblesibble Posts: 179
    deadite said:
    CovenantX said:
       It's not about what CUO is currently, it's about what people are going to code into it, if it stays open source.        I'm still skeptical that people would even switch to CUO when they're already using Or**n, unless there's any actual rule-enforcement to prevent unapproved programs that'll actually work IF & when CUO is approved..
    Just because it's open source doesn't mean that the official client is going to be insecure. That's a bizarre take.
    It's not bizarre when we have words coming from CUO dev discord saying that:
     "They (broadsword) aren't creating their own fork or maintaining the project, CUO will be maintaining so it will remain open source"

Again, just an unofficial statement, but there's not much of official word on what's going to happen so...
    "everything looks stupid" UO feedback 2024
    edited September 30
    sibble said:
    Again, just an unofficial statement, but there's not much of official word on what's going to happen so...
    I can help on that, pure speculation (for now) but..

(broadsword) aren't creating their own fork or maintaining the project, CUO will be maintaining so it will remain open source"
    as u said CUO will be creating & maintaining BS own fork (CUO official version)
    as u also said; CUO will also remain open source.

PS: not sure why u seems to HATE CUO that much, but I think I prove the point.. u can stop attacking it, our version is going to be different/limited; secure and sanctionned.

NOW.. let me help you.. UO in 2024 is OPEN CLIENT.. if u wanna attack something change of target CUO is not the problem.. it's the fact u can use any client u want!

So your point should be, who care it won't change a thing.. people will still use the illegal third party client they been using.. why would u use the sanction CUO version if u already using the CUO buffet version?
    To this i don't know what else to say than; BS unofficially sanction every single client by their inaction.

Back then you would risk your account by touching easyUO.. if u wanted to PvP top tier; the 15 USD toward UOAssist was a must.. now if they can offer me a CC that can compete in PvP for free?
    I'm all ears.. but yeah, with BS actual management if it has no auto-play option i'm gonna be HIGHLY disapointed. *rolling eyes*

For real tho.. the hater in me thinks it's gonna have HIGH limitation since BS seems to love their version of the KR client (compared with the little love the CC has receive).. but i'm expecting CUO to be, at least, as good as EC & UOA but up to date, free and maintain in the future.

Edit: I just googled CUO; the first video that pop up is a dude using it on his personal shard doing deceit spawn and he has an army of bots with him attacking everything moving around him.
    1.PNG 8.4K
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    edited September 30
    KroDuK said:

Back then you would risk your account by touching easyUO.. if u wanted to PvP top tier; the 15 USD toward UOAssist was a must..

LOL, this doesn't match up with my experience at all. Absolutely no one in my old RP guild of 20+ years ago was training characters without scripts, and everyone had bandage scripts and stuff even just for PVM. I never even heard of anyone getting in trouble.

The UO client was bent over and broken open decades ago, a new one being open source makes zero difference. The old ones may as well have been open source all along. Every time the devs try to change something to thwart third parties, it's rendered pointless in a matter of days.

Anything they plan to do to inhibit cheating has to be 100% server side. It would also help if GMs actually existed and did things, but there's no way we're getting that.
  • sibblesibble Posts: 179
    edited September 30
    KroDuK said:
    sibble said:
    I can help on that, pure speculation (for now) but..

(broadsword) aren't creating their own fork or maintaining the project, CUO will be maintaining so it will remain open source"
    as u said CUO will be creating & maintaining BS own fork (CUO official version)
    as u also said; CUO will also remain open source.

PS: not sure why u seems to HATE CUO that much, but I think I prove the point.. u can stop attacking it, our version is going to be different/limited; secure and sanctionned.
    I'm not sure what gave you the idea that I hate CUO or that I'm attacking it...  Quite the contrary, I'm advocating for additions to be made to it so that it has support for custom modding like EC does so we have some kind of equality with the multiple gaming clients.

Can you show me the official word that our version is going to be "different/limited; secure and sanctioned"?  Because the statement you linked only states "officially sanctioned" - I'm not going to assume "different/limited/secure."  I think skepticism here is healthy conversation.

From my understanding, we have no word either way.  Bottom line, nothing about implementing CUO as an official client is addressing "the war on 3rd party" whether it remains open or not, whether they come out with their own secure and sanctioned version or not...  Cheaters will continue cheating unless actions are taken against them.
    "everything looks stupid" UO feedback 2024
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,969
    If they developers would simply communicate there would be zero speculation 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited September 30

LOL, this doesn't match up with my experience at all. Absolutely no one in my old RP guild of 20+ years ago was training characters without scripts, and everyone had bandage scripts and stuff even just for PVM. I never even heard of anyone getting in trouble.
    For that type of stuff we agree, I was thinking about auto loot, speed hack, cutting bones, auto opening doors.. no one would run around with an alt pocket healer on the auto heal.. or chicken mode healing for seed of life at x% hp or the freaking sexy screen shot in the other post.. do u know how hard it is to locate those stalagmite with the circle of transparency?

personally couple time I did AFK training for parrying back then with cats or the scissor/banana technic.. You would just be playing end game faster.. EA would just lose money on the noob token.

From my experience i've reported and seen ~20 players over the years disappeared, most of them were on LS under origin system.. with EA in ~2007 it took couple days to get rid of a 3 speed hacker that came to annoyed us on Legends.

What about the BOTS now? I couldn't even count the numbers of bot I reported that just vanished (mostly gatherer)

PS: i'm not losing hope on the GM stuff  ;)

sibble said:
    Can you show me the official word ..
    Just look at UOAssist vs easyUO for example.. UOA was limited and authorise., unlike the second wich was open source.. u could get any kind of scripts for this thing.

It's just their wording:"the goal is to make an officially sanctioned VERSION" I mean what more do you want.. we won't have the open source model; 100%.

sibble said:
    From my understanding, we have no word either way.  Bottom line, nothing about implementing CUO as an official client is addressing "the war on 3rd party" whether it remains open or not, whether they come out with their own secure and sanctioned version or not...  Cheaters will continue cheating unless actions are taken against them.
    At least we can agree on that, with the current position of BoardSword.. why would u limit urself if your already using CUO.. even better why would u use CUO in the first place with better unofficially sanctioned alternatives.  :/
  • sibble said:

"the war on 3rd party"

The war is over, the third party won, and will be responsible for client development going forward.

If there's anything you want added to CUO you may as well get off this forum and go ask in the CUO team's Discord server.
  • We thank you all for your continued patience and understanding throughout this process!  We just ask that you please continue to be patient with us and keep an eye out on uo.com as well as any e-mail announcements in the future! Thank you all again!
    Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
    Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
    Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
    E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com

• PsycoderPsycoder Posts: 26
    @Community Manager Please remind them to clarify how and when they take action against accounts. Right now, they ban players for minor issues, logging in with multiple accounts. But they refuse to take action against major offenses, on-going and proven script+exploit use for more than 2 years.

@Lord_Nythrax UO was never going to win that war.
  • Amen for that one. Really.

Ever since the "war on third party software" I had to drop Razor to go for UOAssist instead. The actions themselves were nothing disallowed (plain hotkeys, macros, basic scripts for organizing loot on backpack... ), but done on a non-official tool which had to be substituted by UOAssist.

And my... UOAssist... it is... agh... To begin with, its license costs almost 8 months of UO subscription for me, which is a little fortune in my crap currency. Non-EJ UO is only viable to me because of the very ultra-discount 6 month subs plan, which makes it affordable in these parts here. Otherwise, its EJ only.

Beleive it, UOAssist can really cost 8 month worth of game time out and about in the world. And the thing itself is... meh.

So yes, VERY good move there by the devs. Why, maybe even the best move in many years!

Congrats and thanks
    edited October 2
    Psycoder said:
    @ Lord_Nythrax UO was never going to win that war.
    It's not about winning.. when your cheaters.. I mean players arn't even bother trying to hide it anymore..

Take example on gold selling.. similar stuff.. if tomorow BS start selling plat on origin store people gonna say it's a P2W.. while the gold seller is a grey zone (it's not mainstreamed/ as popular)

UO under BS is open client u can farm with 10 bots stacks on top of each other unpunished.. u can run 3 bots in heartwood with 2 lumber and 2 miner bots at the same time if u want.. just go play your main account or cross your arm and monitor the screen or go to bed with an AI assistant!

If u got ban botting.. the **** is u didn't have enough subbed bots (step up your game son) and you try to profit from it/ annoying the gold seller.. do like the mulitple cheaters/players and keep the booty for urself and sub 10 of them.. your gonna have 0 trouble.

From my recent experience non of the bots i've reported has been ban, they ***** multiply instead.. u can log and go in zone like heartwood and see the same bots everyday 16/7 moving on a timed script.. yesterday I went film a video there.. every 12min you have the bots mounting up leaving heartwood and coming back inside.. I was calling the bot ~2 seconds before he mount and reset.. 5 time in a row.. this is CLEARLY a script and they been there every single day since i reinstall in june..

If tomorow that bot owner unsub a couple of his bots and start selling crafting totem 30-29% (mostly perfect) for millions and sell tons of recipe or heartwood tools for real cheap.. this is when the cheater "force" BS to take actions, cuz he's ruinning their unofficial business.. if the same cheater use his botted items to kill people in PvP (like the 10 bots from fan dancer dojo) This is fairplay.. cuz BS just gave up on UO.

All that to say yes they would never win the war on third party.. but this is not a reason to wave the white flag and not trying to limit it, after declaring the war on them!
    That Mesanna war on third party post.. the level of hypocrisie is unreal.

SHAMEFUL DISPLAY!
  • creampiecreampie Posts: 94
    edited October 2
    KroDuK said:
    Psycoder said:
    @ Lord_Nythrax UO was never going to win that war.
    It's not about winning.. when your cheaters.. I mean players arn't even bother trying to hide it anymore..

Take example on gold selling.. similar stuff.. if tomorow BS start selling plat on origin store people gonna say it's a P2W.. while the gold seller is a grey zone (it's not mainstreamed/ as popular)

UO under BS is open client u can farm with 10 bots stacks on top of each other unpunished.. u can run 3 bots in heartwood with 2 lumber and 2 miner bots at the same time if u want.. just go play your main account or cross your arm and monitor the screen or go to bed with an AI assistant!

If u got ban botting.. the **** is u didn't have enough subbed bots (step up your game son) and you try to profit from it/ annoying the gold seller.. do like the mulitple cheaters/players and keep the booty for urself and sub 10 of them.. your gonna have 0 trouble.

From my recent experience non of the bots i've reported has been ban, they **** multiply instead.. u can log and go in zone like heartwood and see the same bots everyday 16/7 moving on a timed script.. yesterday I went film a video there.. every 12min you have the bots mounting up leaving heartwood and coming back inside.. I was calling the bot ~2 seconds before he mount and reset.. 5 time in a row.. this is CLEARLY a script and they been there every single day since i reinstall in june..

If tomorow that bot owner unsub a couple of his bots and start selling crafting totem 30-29% (mostly perfect) for millions and sell tons of recipe or heartwood tools for real cheap.. this is when the cheater "force" BS to take actions, cuz he's ruinning their unofficial business.. if the same cheater use his botted items to kill people in PvP (like the 10 bots from fan dancer dojo) This is fairplay.. cuz BS just gave up on UO.

All that to say yes they would never win the war on third party.. but this is not a reason to wave the white flag and not trying to limit it, after declaring the war on them!
    That Mesanna war on third party post.. the level of hypocrisie is unreal.

SHAMEFUL DISPLAY!

you should take a look at unicorn in ilshenar they look suspicious !!! maybe they are horse in disguise kit... buy that last em drop from sonoma and smoke it...maybe it will help you to see game differently and enjoy it.
    edited October 2
    creampie said:

you should take a look at unicorn in ilshenar they look suspicious !!! maybe they are horse in disguise kit... buy that last em drop from sonoma and smoke it...maybe it will help you to see game differently and enjoy it.
    look who's here, our bot lover friend:

I'm not playing on Sonoma.
    As the for suspicion..

Story time.. it's the year 2003.. the lil bro got his PC.. he come in my room.. he's like how the **** can u play on Lake Superior? i'm like ???

He tells me he got kick and only sees japanese servers.. i'm going in his room i'm like WTF!! What did u do?
    Find out he bought 100millions gold.. the ebay sellers is asking for a tip, even if it's 3 cents he NEEDS one.. the lil bro ignored it after he took his gold.. he wouldn't even give a review to the reseller on ebay (the lil bro is REAL bad in english)

I'm like tip him 3 cents.. he did and 5 seconds later all the western server selection came back.

PS: he legit got kicked out LS after grabbing his 100m and couldn't relog on LS.. only asian server until...

Edit: You're Paiwan alt arn't you?  <3
    12.PNG 15.4K
  • ZyloZylo Posts: 20

9/25/2024

There is no mistaking the iconic aesthetics of the Ultima Online Classic Client are irreplaceable.  Since its release in 1997, players have come to appreciate the performance and quality of life upgrades that are now a cornerstone of an enjoyable gameplay experience.

As such, we are extremely excited to announce that we are working with the developers of the third-party client “ClassicUO” with the goal of making available an officially sanctioned version for use on all shards!

We also want to make sure that the official Ultima Online Classic Client meets the expectations of our players from a performance standpoint.  To deliver this performance we will be upgrading the Classic Client renderer to support higher frame rates and a larger play window."

This is the greatest thing I have ever read in my 27 years of Ultima Online. THANK YOU!