What is your wish for the next event?

* A new tameable pet that has the same stats as bane dragon (must be ridable as well)
* First aid belt
* Runic reforging for rings/bracelets or at least provide base items that can be enhanced with imbuing.
* New recipes for craftables that use items from normal dungeons as ingredients.
* Gargoyle horn ring slot and something that goes there.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,969
    edited September 27
    Two new portals one a gravestone that takes you to graveyards and and the other an anchor that goes to all ports including sea market. 
    Jolly Rodgers sails. 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PezPez Posts: 8
    edited September 28

New tameable; runner-up: increase the grizzled mare to 5 slot capability.

Archlich items would fit: Scabbard of Juo'nar, Corrupted Paladin Vambraces, Epaulettes

Luck apron!

• SSI Epaulettes, First Aid Belt, Bogling Hide Mukluks, Deco that has to be stolen from inside heavy spawn areas that cast reveal at a high frequency. It should pop at random places, at random times, so people can't camp locations.
  • I want new pets to tame. I would like it if they are in multiple spots in the world so they are not bottle necked by other tamers, bots, or arses.

I liked the ease of getting hats in the last event. I was able to get as many rewards as I wanted on my limited play time. I hope this continues.
  • KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 201
    edited September 30
    a **** BOT HUNT!
    with a pokemon theme; catch'em all!

Then we win their equip items when they get ban.. this is what the october event should be and nothing else.
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio
  • psychopsycho Posts: 311

A new item of an existing item that is either Counterfeit, Replica or Shard bound.
    No seriously, many different versions of the same item is not a good idea, we have plenty of that.

Id like something new, however its up to the devs to take out a list of items on the shards and see what item that is picked the least from the previous dynamic events and add it to the reward list. That way we will have some more balance to the different items picked past years.  Also items that costs plats upon plats might have spawned or been picked too little for the current population/playerbase.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,433
    edited September 30
    KroDuK said:
    a **** BOT HUNT!

Then we win their equip items when they get ban.. this is what the october event should be and nothing else.
    When the events are held in Felucca, this is exactly what we do, it is a lot of fun. :)

This is why sometimes, I say don't complain, just make it part of the game.
  • That it be good. That it have involving fiction that makes the mechanics seem as little like a chore as practical.
  • poppspopps Posts: 4,004
    edited September 30
    KroDuK said:
    a **** BOT HUNT!

Actually, that could be an idea... characters scripting and BOTting even in non-Felucca facets, could be sent to Felucca in a specific area, where other players could engage with them in combat....

Imagine a character scripting House placement... after a few minutes into the script the character would be taken into Felucca with a downtime period before they can get back to any other facet....

Just a thought...
  • Jha_durJha_dur Posts: 20
    edited September 29
    I definitely would like to see some new items. One area that seems to be under represented for humans and elves is the earring slot. I know the HCI earrings, and SDI earrings are out there but depending on the shard you play on, can be hard to obtain and if you can find them, extremely expensive. Something that maybe has some useful mods for a mage (one item) and a warrior (second item). I am all for some cool house deco items as well. I am partial to more of the classic art (original art items such as flash, candles, scrolls, open books, etc.) and less some of the new art items personally.

As someone who did not play from roughly 2015 thru 2023 though, the reintroduction of items that were previously available would be nice as well. Items like Paladin Bracers, SSI Epps, HCI Earrings, Archlich robe, etc. are all very solid items that if available can really change how you build a suit or character. Unfortunately on most shards, other than Atlantic, finding even one of these items that someone is willing to sell it almost impossible. So being able to obtain them another way would be nice.

Outside of rewards, something other than a tokuno style event would be nice. I remember the monster invasions of old. Something that progressively got harder, similar to a champion spawn, with an eventual 'boss' or 'general' could be fun. It would definitely be cool if the amount of enemies in the area was directly related to the number of playable characters in the invasion area. The amount of spawn killed would have not effect on the amount of points earned (see next paragraph). This would instead allow smaller and less populated shards the ability to fight at the same difficulty level as more populated shards. Having it tie into a story line gives a purpose for those who enjoy a bit more of the RP side of things as well.

Having some type of point system that does not require the turn in of items but grants based on participation similar to void pool would be cool. The points would then be used to claim items from an NPC that is only available during the event. I know some people would not necessarily be as big of a fan of this type of system due to the inability to 'sell' the points similar to how people sold pirate hats the last event. I could go either way though.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,851
    Red Death spawning someplace other than Bedlam.  It is an undead horse so it would fit in with a Halloween theme event.
    Jha_dur said:
    I definitely would like to see some new items. One area that seems to be under represented for humans and elves is the earring slot. I know the HCI earrings, and SDI earrings are out there but depending on the shard you play on, can be hard to obtain and if you can find them, extremely expensive. Something that maybe has some useful mods for a mage (one item) and a warrior (second item). I am all for some cool house deco items as well. I am partial to more of the classic art (original art items such as flash, candles, scrolls, open books, etc.) and less some of the new art items personally.

As someone who did not play from roughly 2015 thru 2023 though, the reintroduction of items that were previously available would be nice as well. Items like Paladin Bracers, SSI Epps, HCI Earrings, Archlich robe, etc. are all very solid items that if available can really change how you build a suit or character. Unfortunately on most shards, other than Atlantic, finding even one of these items that someone is willing to sell it almost impossible. So being able to obtain them another way would be nice.

Outside of rewards, something other than a tokuno style event would be nice. I remember the monster invasions of old. Something that progressively got harder, similar to a champion spawn, with an eventual 'boss' or 'general' could be fun. It would definitely be cool if the amount of enemies in the area was directly related to the number of playable characters in the invasion area. The amount of spawn killed would have not effect on the amount of points earned (see next paragraph). This would instead allow smaller and less populated shards the ability to fight at the same difficulty level as more populated shards. Having it tie into a story line gives a purpose for those who enjoy a bit more of the RP side of things as well.

Having some type of point system that does not require the turn in of items but grants based on participation similar to void pool would be cool. The points would then be used to claim items from an NPC that is only available during the event. I know some people would not necessarily be as big of a fan of this type of system due to the inability to 'sell' the points similar to how people sold pirate hats the last event. I could go either way though.

I think this is along the right lines.

HCI earrings yes, hard to get, a cool item, we need more for more characters :)
    An idea of mine - Use the +10 HCI - and vary the +10 Ninja skill part, to be able to chose other skills - like you did with Stirling Ring you gave an option of skill matches.

The Mantle of the Archlich (robe), even the gloves of the archlich.

The Divinum Luminous Talisman.

My Mage offensive spellbook, a variation of that - sneaked it in the list again. :)

Deco for the deco guys, I never collect it, but I get it, and I always think the books are cool, but I've messed up collecting them.

Fingers crossed - Devs - the mission is to keep me happy, and quiet, from October 2024 to February 2025. You've managed it before. :)

Ooh, one I forgot to mention.

Artisan's Esteem ring. I only have 1 of these, need more, I don't know how I only got 1.
    Shard bound, and cannot find on vendor search.
  • KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 201
    edited September 30
    popps said:
    KroDuK said:
    a **** BOT HUNT!

Actually, that could be an idea... characters scripting and BOTting even in non-Felucca facets, could be sent to Felucca in a specific area, where other players could engage with them in combat....

Imagine a character scripting House placement...
    You missing the whole point tho.. the fact those bots would get BAN and the fact LEGIT players REPORTING them would earn their equip items.. since the bots are LEGION under BS mismanagement that could be the best event ever made for legit players and UO in general. (since u guys love to pretend these bots are own by gold sellers, they would just gonna make more bots and raise their prices.. when in fact.. :* )

Let's call this pokemon theme event.. catch'em all; THE PURGE.

After BS could release their new hype client and we could do a FELLUCA event and make THE PURGE 2 and go after cheater PvPing on illegal client.. the holy WAR ON THIRD PARTY could be real, instead of being only words; a shit PR move for NL!

After let's work on balancing the **** show, at least in PvP; itemization since BS contribution to it is even worst than the PvE heroes and bot lovers at mythic; with their new BIS heresy shard bound event items, let's hardcap this **** show, at least for PvP and bring back options and good PvP action on this **** buffet for cheaters we have right now.
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio
  • Jha_dur said:

This. Lost everything when taking time off.  Returned after the 2023 event finished and its been tough catching back up.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,969
    @Kyronix any hints ?? How about what dungeon?? 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PsycoderPsycoder Posts: 26
    edited October 3
    I forgot, pet collars or magical pet food that gives them different boons, HCI, DI, MR, for a duration. And, I mean more than 5 minutes.
  • REDFIVEREDFIVE Posts: 8
    My wish is for kangaroo ethy or tame