Help with EC Tame, Rename, Release macro/script

Hail;
I have used the  macro and it works ok, but it lacks one thing. It needs an "If then" command. After the taming attempt, it should look to see if the target is tamed, if it is, then it should continue with the rest of the rename release macro, if it is not tamed then the macro should end.

I know the result i want I just do not know how to execute it, can anyone supply me with the command script I can insert to do this?
Thank you

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,459
    You would be surprised how much you can learn from EC just by looking. Here's a tip, once you tame something, your follower count increases by a specific amount...start looking there.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Mordin_RockbiterMordin_Rockbiter Posts: 90
    edited July 18
    Garth, I get the general idea but, consider my mastery of command/spripting is the equivalant to my command of Spanish learned through Taco Bell menu's. How would I write such a command? TBH, it is not really a pressing matter, I am using the standard Tame, Rename, Release macro and added Peacemaking self at the end, So I am training Lore, Taming, Music and Peacemaking with a single stroke. I will swap out various skills later testing combos at the beginning and the end of the macro, but the "if then" command I think would greatly improve the efficiency of the macro.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,612
    @TimSt or @Arroth_Thaiel ; can answer.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,836
    Pawain said:
    @ TimSt or @ Arroth_Thaiel  can answer.
    There appears to be no currently scriptable action that will do this. @ForeverFun, @Arroth_Thaiel, or myself would need to code up an action that would check if the target is tamed and end the macro if is it not.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 855

Here is an old post from Arroth_Thaiel on this.

This is a case where you don't strictly need an if-then check.  You can assume the taming succeeded, as the rename and release do nothing if the pet didn't tame successfully.
    edited July 21
    Except time saved and overhead text.  I also have overhead chat fade delay set to 5 seconds, thats the lowest I can go
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,020

Here is an old post from Arroth_Thaiel on this.

This is a case where you don't strictly need an if-then check.  You can assume the taming succeeded, as the rename and release do nothing if the pet didn't tame successfully.
    That is the one i use and it works great. As stated, no big consequence if you fail the tame. I used it to get to 90 on several characters to avoid using a Mythic. after 90 it's a repeating macro of Last spell, last target with an appropriate delay to raise it. I do love the Masteries.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited July 21
    Except time saved and overhead text.  I also have overhead chat fade delay set to 5 seconds, thats the lowest I can go

1. You could perhaps save 0.25 seconds.
    2. You could take steps 2-7 from Arroth post, and put those in a new LUA function that You define.  You would need to follow the process for putting in place your own new UI.
    3. You could add the "if-then" logic you seek in a new LUA function.  Several ways to check if the tame succeeded: a) check if the context option for "release" exists on the target, b) check if the player slot count changed from the start of the macro invocation, c) track the cliloc ID that indicates the tame succeeded.
    4. "PetName release" is the fastest way to release a pet.
    5. a pet peeve:  all pet commands should use "Whisper" and not "Say".  Nobody else really cares about other player commands to Fido the dog, so Whisper is better. 
    6. You could instead use the context command to release the pet, without triggering any text.  But it's "much" slower.  You can acknowledge the context release gump as so: GumpsParsing.PressButton(601, 1)
    7. If you really don't like pet command text (I don't), you can filter all of it out.  You can look for a post for me for how to filter out the "Very well" spam that comes from commanded undead.
    8. Consider swapping the "rename" and "release" operations with a kill operation, for weak pets.  Then you'll benefit from the respawn.
    The short answer: the above probably isn't worthwhile for most players.  Feel free to post your work :)
    edited July 21
    Here's a way to do an if-then test, without modifying the UI.  This just assumes you started with no followers.

script if (tonumber(WindowData.PlayerStatus["Followers"]) > 0) then Debug.PrintToChat(L"hasfollower_dosomething") end
    You could use one of each of above for Arroth commands instead of the Debug.PrintToChat().
    You can look for another post for how to issue the "Whisper" or "Say" from a script command.
  • Thank you for suggestions. I seem to keep getting the original macro out of sync, then have to get it back in sync. the rename release will on occasion not continue, then will finish as I am taming the next target. My eyesight shaky and Dagger Island is rough enough on my eyes without that flashing of the context menu
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,153
    Mythic token and mastery raising taming the old way not worth it..
  • The 2 reverts today, I lost 4 points of taming gains, thought I was going to hit 90, but like Sisyphus looks like I have to push that boulder back up the mountain.

edited July 24
    I do want to thank you ForeverFun, your thoughts caused me to revisit some of my settings. Turned off overhead chat and viewing contents of public houses and am using the journal tab on my chat. Do wish I could filter like mobiles to eliminate npc's and wandering healers. I also switched to whispers, I had not recieved any complaints from the creatures and Taming is a pretty solitary activity, but better safe than sorry. I tried the script you provided and although I did not get "unknown" messages, I did not see any discernable difference. I tried with followers at zero and one and in different locations within the macro. I tried after taming and both before and after delay and also after context window open but before the rename and release script. I apologize have not done much with the other suggestions, some seem real straightforward, but at first glance translates to something like "ok, and now you fly". I know what you mean, but not exactly sure how I execute it.
  • Grimbeard, you don't learn anything using a token and it does not help me in aiding and training others. The mastery method is obviously another useful tool in a tamer's toolbox, but I want to be well versed in all techniques
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,153
    Grimbeard, you don't learn anything using a token and it does not help me in aiding and training others. The mastery method is obviously another useful tool in a tamer's toolbox, but I want to be well versed in all techniques
    I understand and I guess everyone should suffer through the old ways once