This event proves to me the devs have no idea what's going on or what they're doing

2»

Comments

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 917
    edited April 21
    Violet said:
    The only real problem with this event is all the blatant multi-boxing in the void pool, but that has been an increasing problem the past several years.
       I agree,  I feel like the drop-rate for this and even the previous events were more fair than the events prior.  the drop-rate aspect for legit players has been getting better.  but the cheating is getting worse, and that's not at all a good trade-off (nor should it be one, cheating is it's own thing, and should be dealt with accordingly)

The blatant botting is going kill the game sooner or later.     It's either allowed, or it's not.      instead the devs seem to like having a grey area to excuse it, there's no reason to play by the rules when others are allowed to break them without consequences.

if this continues, UO probably won't be around many more years.   you can already tell there are less individual players at these events compared to prior ones and the several multi-boxers are increasing (maybe botters are increasing enough to offset the individual loss?)

on a side note, I did see one person multi-clienting with 3 characters the legit way.  always fun to see people try to reset auto-follow when it breaks.

Also just to be clear.
    Violet said:

On Origin players complained about AFKers. That was fixed immediately. Now people have to contribute.

That kind of 'afk' is much better than press-play afk, that goes on at these events regardless.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • PupuPupu Posts: 6
    It’s nice to be able to enjoy the event in a variety of ways. I usually enjoy fishing alone. Void pool with friends after a long time.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,354
    popps said:
    Does it occur to anyone that the devs don't take into account the gold cost of anything? They just want people to have fun getting the stuff they want. I'm having fun, dunno about anyone else. I'll do treasure maps, because I like doing them and I get other stuff besides hats, there's plenty of time at the rate hats drop in maps to get the rewards I want before the end of the event.

I'll also do some pirating and some mib fishing and maybe the void pool when my guild decide to go there. I can almost guarantee that by doing all the different activities I'll get bored a lot less quickly than folk who are knocking themselves out to amass loads of hats from void pool

Did you know that the dread pirates hats have their names on? Some of those I won't be handing in at all, I'll keep them for souvenirs.
    The Hats I am getting have no name... they are all labelled "Plunderin' Pirate Hat"...

Is that a rare drop a Pirate Hat with a name ? Do you know how many Pirate names there are for Pirate Hats ?
    I said Dread pirate hats

No, I don't know how many there are. Let me know which ones you get and we'll make a list.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 370
    Have to agree this is a fun event I've mostly done pirating, but enjoy going to the void pool as well. Not sure where @username gets his information from but I'm not getting close to one hat per level, regardless of how much damage I do. As for scripters they should be dealt with in general the events simply emphasis how many there are. Only complaint I have about the event is a small one that is more thought could have been put into new rewards. Sure that's caused by the focus on NL. Will be glad when it's past. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,959
    popps said:
    Does it occur to anyone that the devs don't take into account the gold cost of anything? They just want people to have fun getting the stuff they want. I'm having fun, dunno about anyone else. I'll do treasure maps, because I like doing them and I get other stuff besides hats, there's plenty of time at the rate hats drop in maps to get the rewards I want before the end of the event.

I'll also do some pirating and some mib fishing and maybe the void pool when my guild decide to go there. I can almost guarantee that by doing all the different activities I'll get bored a lot less quickly than folk who are knocking themselves out to amass loads of hats from void pool

Did you know that the dread pirates hats have their names on? Some of those I won't be handing in at all, I'll keep them for souvenirs.
    The Hats I am getting have no name... they are all labelled "Plunderin' Pirate Hat"...

Is that a rare drop a Pirate Hat with a name ? Do you know how many Pirate names there are for Pirate Hats ?
    I said Dread pirate hats

No, I don't know how many there are. Let me know which ones you get and we'll make a list.
    Thank you for the clarification, the Hats I mentioned are from the Void Pool.

Sure, let me first get the points I need for the Rewards I would like to get from the Void Pool and then, when I am calm and can play the way I enjoy, I will go hunt Dread Pirates and collect the named Hats for fun. It might take a while though, because this time of the year I do not have much time to play because of real life and, even at the Void Pool, I can only collect like 20-30 hats per day and I need a few hundreds to get the rewards I would like to claim...
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,959
    Riner said:
    Have to agree this is a fun event I've mostly done pirating, but enjoy going to the void pool as well. Not sure where @ username gets his information from but I'm not getting close to one hat per level, regardless of how much damage I do. As for scripters they should be dealt with in general the events simply emphasis how many there are. Only complaint I have about the event is a small one that is more thought could have been put into new rewards. Sure that's caused by the focus on NL. Will be glad when it's past. 
    I would love to do pirating but I am concerned about the drop rate since there is a lot of dead time in between having to search for Orc Ships with a Dread Pirate on board, perhaps having to attack Beacons/Merchants also in order to get a Dread Pirate Ship to spawn and so forth.

May I ask, moreless, how many Pirate Hats did you average to get in 1 hour of gameplay on the Seas ? Are you doing it solo or with other players in a partied group ?

Thank you !
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,180
    I'm glad there are multiple ways to get the hats for rewards because the amount of blatant botting going on at the void pool on ATL is stupid. If the rewards weren't 50% of repeated items that I already have (and even out of the new rewards there are only a couple I want), I'd probably be a little more annoyed by it. The amount of toons in there all spamming consecrate weapons / AI / area spells is to the point where I'm lagging out and can't do a whole lot.

When it comes to the extreme botting/scripting on ATL, I think it's probably actually better for players to go do the other things to get hats (like t chests / pirating / etc). On less populated shards I'd guess that the void pool probably isn't too bad.

I think the Dev team picked the right dungeon to have the event in (while considering botting) because when it comes to the Void Pool, there definitely is a point of diminishing returns so once that point is reached; you are better off pirating/chest hunting. The last ToT event the bots kinda just ran while getting on average X drops per hour. The difference with the Void Pool is that as the levels get higher it gets harder and returns slow down.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,692
    popps said:

I said Dread pirate hats

i started the list on stratics 
    Pirate Names | Stratics Community Forums

(i update it when i see them announced at the sea market)
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,692
    I have only done void pool a couple of times and have found for me that it is easier to get them from doing tmaps on those shards. I got what i needed from doing SOS on Europa.

I did do one plunderbeacon on Origin while i was out doing a SOS and got 12 hats from that.

I'm loving that there is a broad range of stuff to do. It is keeping me from getting bored with the event. (I did about 600 SOS in January and got burned out on it for awhile, but with this event I'm not getting bored because i can switch it up)

not everyone has the ELITE template to get as many drops as you can. don't expect them to nurf it because you are gettting more than the average player. 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,213
    i started the list on stratics 
    Pirate Names | Stratics Community Forums

(i update it when i see them announced at the sea market)

:D There's a possibility of getting a "stink fist" or "fat pants"?! 

If @Kyronix added real player names we could have gotten some real collectables. 
  • VioletViolet Posts: 372
    I'd just stop participating before I bothered caring about the pitiful low level of hats from everything besides the void pool.
    It's all about how efficient you are at those other tasks. I can get over 100 an hour using normal SOS and a potion using a single character.  There are other very lucrative ways also. 

Urge said:

:D There's a possibility of getting a "stink fist" or "fat pants"?! 
    Got a "Fat Pants Sarah" over the weekend.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,133
    Void Pool is fun for killing.  Do what you like to do fast for Hats.  74 today doing beacons and ships.  I have a potion from December that I have somehow not accidently clicked in my backpack.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,180
    Violet said:
    I'd just stop participating before I bothered caring about the pitiful low level of hats from everything besides the void pool.
    It's all about how efficient you are at those other tasks. I can get over 100 an hour using normal SOS and a potion using a single character.  There are other very lucrative ways also. 

Do you think that 100 hats was on the high side of RNG or is that average (I'm assuming you have gathered all the SOS that are in the same area when doing that to maximize time under effect.)?? Also what is your average without a luck potion using the same strategy?

Reason I ask is that when I was doing stash/supply maps for about an hour I only got 2 so I'd assume even with a luck potion I'd be at maybe 10 max.
  • LettuceLettuce Posts: 17
    edited April 24
    Me and my brother have been doing void pool for the past 3 days so on atl over 2000 hats around a 1000 on pac only useing 2 characters. I would assume if i have like 5 accounts i would have about 5 times as many, and yes I got a loop running to drop evs and wildfire. I'm just watching movies while that shit loops, 2eZ.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 392
    @Kyronix

the issue with giving out the best armor in the game for extremely cheap / easy, is that no one bothers to do actual day to day content anymore.  why would someone loot legendary gloves, chest, arms, etc now that we have these?  which are all more powerful than anything currently available as boss loot.  the only way to correct this would be to go back to more than 8 property legendaries again.   these items would have have been balanced if they had about 200 less imbue point property weight.  still good but not OPed.

if i can get something for dirt cheap and just buy it, im not doing the content myself for any more than to check it out.  these type of events fuel bot accounts because you can get 1,000s afk, sell them still for a profit, and the casuals like me will just buy them because its not worth the time to farm yourself on 1 account attended.
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 294
    Drops seem to be decent for the rate you play at.  I’ve spent maybe a few hours of play time since release and got half the items already
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 917

Smoot said:
    @ Kyronix

the issue with giving out the best armor in the game for extremely cheap / easy, is that no one bothers to do actual day to day content anymore.  why would someone loot legendary gloves, chest, arms, etc now that we have these?  which are all more powerful than anything currently available as boss loot.  the only way to correct this would be to go back to more than 8 property legendaries again.   these items would have have been balanced if they had about 200 less imbue point property weight.  still good but not OPed.

if i can get something for dirt cheap and just buy it, im not doing the content myself for any more than to check it out.  these type of events fuel bot accounts because you can get 1,000s afk, sell them still for a profit, and the casuals like me will just buy them because its not worth the time to farm yourself on 1 account attended.
        the flipside to that is, if these reward items aren't good enough, people won't bother doing the event.... 

Arguably that would be better, because at least loot would be 'top tier', but tbh... that kinda went out of the window when they made no-name items not drop from almost everything, and let the 9+ property items (pre-patch no-names & jewelry) to remain the same, most of which were bot farmed anyway.

even if they allowed no-names to drop again (which they should), with the power of these reward items from the past few events,  it would still be damn near impossible to replace items like balron bone armor, paladin arms & archlich gloves.  you'd literally have to find something with the same stats but perfect & over-capped rolls..

-Devs, do something about third-party clients, so the bots aren't ruining the game for everyone else so much.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Jha_durJha_dur Posts: 9
    username said:
    Like we even needed that affirmation, but...
    Void pool dishing out 100+ hats per hour per player while doing 1 damage per wave... while tmaps/beacons/other aspects giving a small fraction of the hat rewards. Yea, people are surely going to go dig up a TMap for the 2-5 hats it gives.
    A 150 point best in slot chest piece that took several hours to get previously to a 80 point where multiple can be claimed in one hour. Same thing for the other repeat rewards, these need to be distinguished between regular ToT and whatever these Spring events are and NOT have the ToT rewards repeated in the Spring if this is the way you guys are going to handle it.
    A luck helmet that sucks ass as the top point rewards... well guess who cares when you can claim 20 of them.

Now don't get me wrong, I appreciate that the rewards are easy to get, but unlike last Spring where the rewards were lower cost lower end repeats, some these are HIGHEST PRICED AND BEST IN SLOT TOT REPEATS for a cheaper price???? Hello?

Also, didn't learn anything from Destard did we? Bot armies go brrrr

@ Kyronix you seriously need to listen to player feedback as it's clear you guys don't play the game. What's even the point of it going to TC1 if you're not going to listen to over half the feedback?

A better option for this event would have been to keep with the Black Market update as the one half but instead of this goofy hat crap maybe update the void pool rewards instead? No wonder the void pool was always worthless content, look at the rewards! Hey more feedback they'll never take in to consideration.

Poolboy post in 3... 2... 1...

So a lot to unpack here. First I would like to know how you are getting 100 hats per hour. That is quite a lot. Unlike Atlantic though, most shards I have seen do not seem to push above 60-90 before the defense is over ran and the void pool resets. I think my personal best was 38 hats and that was when we set the shard record at that time of 84. Based on my numbers and how long it took us to get there, that is at least 2-3 hours of work to get the, and I quote "HIGHEST PRICED AND BEST IN SLOT" Balron Bone armor.

You also continuously state in comments below that "no one mentioned money in this thread" but the quote above proves that is a lie. I know some people are super mad about it being re-released. Some because it gives them an advantage for having versus those who do not but also the people that payed 750m+ for the armor piece for it to now be worth 30-40m. I would bit a bit irritated if I had spend multiple plats on something that I could not get for a fraction of the cost. Honestly I would prefer they did not re-release the items and did original ones every time. Instead or re-releasing the item, put the item on a vendor for X amount of gold a certain amount of time after the event goes offline. The gold is pulled out of the game and it allows players to get items they might have missed, although probably at a slightly higher price. This would also disincentive the scripting at the events as the potential ROI for the scripter is reduced dramatically if they know that at max in 6 months their item will be worth 75m.

Original thoughts now on the event and items. Overall I like the event. I think that the drop is overall okay. I do like that the event allows players who prefer to do other things in game like pirate hunting, plunder beacons, and treasure maps to go do those and still be able to participate. A lot of different play styles are able to participate which is great.

Regrading the items, I feel like the items in general are okay. As someone who missed the event to get the balron bone armor, I am super excited for the ability to obtain this and improve some of my characters suits. The talisman with repond slayer is also another nice add. While I would love to have a set of cameo's on each of my warrior's, they are just not within my price range or ability to grind to get. The luck helmet, as other have said, really just falls flat for me. I will get a couple of them to have purely for the luck, but it just does not give me any other useful properties I am looking for. I do think that the point values for the items is in the right range for things, minus the luck helm which seems high for what it provided.

While not related to this event specifically, I will echo other peoples comments about void pool rewards. The rewards for the void pool are kind of lacking. I have around 8k points on my sampire and the most useful thing for me and my play style is the Hephaestus shield. I already own all of the ones I need though and they do not have the negatives that come with the void pool items. It would be nice to see them revamped at some point or remove the times on some of the crafting related rewards so they can be claimed and at least sold on a vendor to someone who could use them. To be clear though, some updated rewards would be far better than tweaks to the existing but I could take positive tweaks if that is all I could get I guess.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,133

I can buy stuff for Atlantic on the cheap!

Best event that combats shard bound!  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,857
    Pawain said:

I can buy stuff for Atlantic on the cheap!

Best event that combats shard bound!  

Nice!
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo