Publish 117 - PvP Updates Discussion

2»

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,180
    edited March 27
    I agree to a point about the team listening to feedback. There are things that even if everyone agrees on, the Dev team still won't listen (or maybe they decide to only meet the feedback half way).

That said, I do not envy them when it comes to PvP feedback because there is always 2 sides for every piece of feedback; those for the change and against the change which usually goes back to who is benefiting vs who isn't. Combine that with the fact that the Dev team likely doesn't PvP to know the in's and out's of each request and it makes for a tough task. Even in this semi short thread there are people who say the warlord steel is fine and others say it's broken. If I had to guess that's the people who use it now vs those who are being hit with it and killed by it.

I can't say much about PvP these days but I do have a suggestion on the teleport items. Instead of giving a delay on teleport and changing the game mechanics of these type of items, why not just have teleport rings spawn again as a reward for a quest or some VvV reward item? By opening it up to everyone to use, it no longer becomes about those who have and those who don't?
  • LynkLynk Posts: 186
    Quick little fix proposal for some ongoing issues in PvP. Can you make it so that if a hexidecimal value is transmitted via any text format in UO, that the client scrubs it out so it isn't delivered?

The proliferation of target sharing is so wide spread, that banning for it would ruin the game.  but i can't possibly think of a legitimate reason for hexadecimals to be transmitted in game for any reason.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,133
    Lynk said:
    Quick little fix proposal for some ongoing issues in PvP. Can you make it so that if a hexidecimal value is transmitted via any text format in UO, that the client scrubs it out so it isn't delivered?

The proliferation of target sharing is so wide spread, that banning for it would ruin the game.  but i can't possibly think of a legitimate reason for hexadecimals to be transmitted in game for any reason.
    I like those kind of fixes!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.