"I've had it with the dev bashing."

13»

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    I'm not one to normally entertain conspiracy theories, but has anyone else considered that the web site only ever goes down outside of normal working hours. Does it occur to anyone but me that something, or someone is taking it down?
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,843
    Oreogl said:
    shootgun said:
    Grimbeard said:
    It's also the attitude of the forum anyone with an issue is immediately attacked and the issue dismissed 

This!!!

Coming here with a legitimate issue, a real issue that is effecting your game play, will immediately make you the target of 3 accounts that do not contribute anything to any thread but just attack the poster. They wont even have a valid point 99% of the time.

Bonnie was a dumb person to bet all of her chips on NL. NL was a stupid decision no matter how you look at it. Nobody asked for it. Nobody wanted it.

I and pretty much every single person in my guild, would much rather have the devs fix know bugs/exploits rather than work on NL. 

- Freeze the development on NL. 
    - Focus on fixing and improving the current production shards for a half year.
    - Take action against blatant exploit users and multiboxers.
    - Provision faster servers for the VS DB and event areas.

For f**ks sake, do these and you will have my total approval. But, this won't be done. Because bonnie is single handedly the dumbest and the worst product manager I have ever seen in my whole life.
    @ Victim_Of_Siege that bet still good?

What's your over/under? 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    What's your over/under? 
    I'd say about....... tree fiddy?

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    web site fixed.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,843
    keven2002 said:
    What's your over/under? 
    I'd say about....... tree fiddy?

Rim Shot GIFs - Find  Share on GIPHY
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited March 26
    I'm not one to normally entertain conspiracy theories, but has anyone else considered that the web site only ever goes down outside of normal working hours. Does it occur to anyone but me that something, or someone is taking it down?
    I believe it was said at a M&G some time ago that it has to be manually reset. If that's the case it would explain why it only is fixed during weekday working hours, sometimes on weekends in the afternoon. 

As to why it goes down? Nobody knows on these forums anyways but I doubt it's being attacked or something malicious. Given the track record of our glorious leaders I'd guess ignorance/negligence.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    username said:
    As to why it goes down? Nobody knows on these forums anyways but I doubt it's being attacked or something malicious. Given the track record of our glorious leaders I'd guess ignorance/negligence.
    If I had to guess - the issue is probably on the domain's side; just like the issue with logging into these forums in Chrome is obviously on Chrome's side. Both the domain and Chrome need to make fixes on their end to accommodate UO; definitely not the other way around. :#
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 492

It's not a DDOS attack.  It's a Database issue.  You can see the error if you know how.  I'll post it next time.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 492
    edited March 31

Error establishing a database connection

Error is only up for a few minutes.  I couldn't get more details after all. 

But, it does seem to be time related.  Looks like this is about the same time as last week.

EDIT: NVM about the time thing.  It wasn't the same time.