13»

Comments

• psychopsycho Posts: 292
    edited March 4
    Grimbeard said:
    I think all the items OP listed are outdated 
    Pawain said:
    @ psycho

I'm lost. We have great mage items from head to toe.  
    The only slots that do not have a legendary quality item is the neck slot and bracelet that are specifically for mages.

Every other slot has a great item.
    No room for Hawkwinds but I hope you know about it.

What exactly are you looking for that we do not have already?

I have all of the items above, but cant list all as thread would be 99 terrabyte or smth.

That being said, several of the items you posted above are from events, where on some shards is hard/impossible to obtain. The other issue is the names are allovertheplace, but too late for that. How about Magician, Magi or Wizzard, its for mages afterall.

As for the "buff mage, nerf dex" debate, the hard caps decides in PvP.
    Even with hard caps, dex with insane stam suits use heavy 2-hand weapons and swing at minimum speeds, dealing heavy damage, which were never intended. But this was not intended to be a pvp balance debate thread, but rather about new mage items and suggestions for this.
    For pvp increasing the CastingFocus beyond the 12 CF cap would improve the balance.

Besides, not all character slots are well covered with good alternatives for mage. It seem to be a consensus for mages to have enough mana and SDI its all OK, but there are other mods the mage items are lacking, and it has to be meditable.

I dont mind a new mage armor piece with 4CF, 15SDI, 10LMC, 25LRC, 15 damage eater, which is good, but not overpowered, still a real alternative in its respective itemSlot.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    edited March 4
    psycho said:
    Grimbeard said:
    I think all the items OP listed are outdated 
    Pawain said:
    @ psycho

I'm lost. We have great mage items from head to toe.  
    The only slots that do not have a legendary quality item is the neck slot and bracelet that are specifically for mages.

Every other slot has a great item.
    No room for Hawkwinds but I hope you know about it.

What exactly are you looking for that we do not have already?

I have all of the items above, but cant list all as thread would be 99 terrabyte or smth.

That being said, several of the items you posted above are from events, where on some shards is hard/impossible to obtain. The other issue is the names are allovertheplace, but too late for that. How about Magician, Magi or Wizzard, its for mages afterall.

Besides, not all character slots are well covered with good alternatives for mage.

As for the "buff mage, nerf dex" debate, the hard caps decides in PvP.
    Even with hard caps, dex with insane stam suits use heavy 2-hand weapons and swing at minimum speeds, dealing heavy damage, which were never intended. But this was not intended to be a pvp balance debate thread, but rather about new mage items and suggestions for this.
    For pvp increasing the CastingFocus beyond the 12 CF cap would improve the balance.

I dont mind a new mage armor piece with 4CF, 15SDI, 10LMC, 25LRC, 15 damage eater, which is good, but not overpowered, still a real alternative in its respective itemSlot.

Exactly ask for a specific thing.

You can easily get a mage suit from Corgul or Scalis drops. that gives you all the mage requirements.
    40LMC, 70 Resist, 100 LRC, 30 MR.

The new items give you all of those things and have bumped SDI.  That is what mages want.

It seems you want Casting Focus of 4 on one item.

So ask for a Gorget

Casting Focus 4
    at least 15 each resist
    10 LMC 
    25 LRC
    15 Damage eater
    4 Mana Regen
    +5 Intel
    +10 Mana
    15 SDI

Make this item please!

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    The Devs recognised that several doom arties needed a boost. They introduced recipes that allow them to be upgraded.
    edited March 4
    Or a Bracelet:

20SDI
    Casting Focus 4
    25 LRC
    10 LMC
    4 MR
    15 Damage eater.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Pawain said:
    Or a Bracelet:

20SDI
    FC 4
    25 LRC
    10 LMC
    4 MR
    15 Damage eater.
    A counter part for compassion eye....don't forget luck
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Or a Bracelet:

20SDI
    FC 4
    25 LRC
    10 LMC
    4 MR
    15 Damage eater.
    You add 150 Luck in.  Lets get this Item!
    edited March 4
    Since I double posted.

Bracelet:

20SDI
    Casting Focus 4
    200 Luck
    25 LRC
    10 LMC
    4 MR
    15 Damage eater.

• psychopsycho Posts: 292
    Just a quick notice, I asked for CF (CastingFocus) and not FC (Faster Cast). Its a tad harder to reach the 12 CF on a mage suit than other things. This helps both PvM and PvP.
    Mariah said:
    The Devs recognised that several doom arties needed a boost. They introduced recipes that allow them to be upgraded.

This system is great.

psycho said:
    Just a quick notice, I asked for CF (CastingFocus) and not FC (Faster Cast). Its a tad harder to reach the 12 CF on a mage suit than other things. This helps both PvM and PvP.
    Mariah said:

This system is great.

Ah Well that makes it even better  they would never give FC 4 to us. lol

I changed the items.  I want that Bracelet.
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 294
    When it comes to parry, as I said before, most player's concerns are about the 1-hand setup in pvp being too strong defensivly + offensively, what needs to happen is  a nerf to the 1-hand setups by -10% parry chance down to 25% from 35%. This way it doesn't hurt PVM sampires who use 2-hands setup still at 40% chance parry, and the shield setups would stay at 35%.

It's that simple, this is due for years now.

Do you know that 25% parry chance is the equivalent of around 50% DCI (defense chance increase) in term of chance to dodge an attack? Still a pretty damn good chance in my honest opinion for a 1-hand setup
    Sure, when they nerf disarm and increase minimum swing speed to 3 seconds.
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Or a Bracelet:

20SDI
    FC 4
    25 LRC
    10 LMC
    4 MR
    15 Damage eater.
    This would be nice to have for some of my PVM chars.

Itd be a riot if they incorporated luck into PVP.  Luck roll and BAM RNG streak or BOOM double SDI.  :D
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    edited March 4
    Oreogl said:

Itd be a riot if they incorporated luck into PVP.  Luck roll and BAM RNG streak or BOOM double SDI.  :D
    :D
    Then you have a bad roll and your cure fizzles at 120.0
    shootgun said:
    Oreogl said:

:D
    Then you have a bad roll and your cure fizzles at 120.0
    Lol, right?  This would be my luck.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    Mariah said:
    This was a great move by the Devs to do this and it's something I wish they would consider doing again for Doom (or to other gear from things like Andros etc ) since most of the drops are just outdated at this point. Things like Divine mask / blade of insanity / axe of heavens were all items that I used when they were first introduced (and I finally got them) but they are now equivalent maybe a "lesser magic item".

I understand, as Kyronix has said before, there are some nuances that make doing the recipe thing a little complex over just adding brand new items to a ToT vendor but this is a great way of breathing new life into older content to make it relevant again.