What happened to Pirate, Merchant Ships and Beacons in TOKUNO ?

I used to be able to find lots of Pirate and Merchant Ships in Tokuno as well as Beacons, but now no longer...

I spent (I should say more wasted...) the last hour and a half trying to find some in Tokuno but all I found was 1 Beacon... the tracking returned players' ships...

What gives ?

Was something changed to the spawn of NPCs Ships in Tokuno and, if so, why ?

Ca we please go back to a good and lively spawn of NPCs ships in Tokuno, especially because of the upcoming Spring Event ?

Thank you.

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    which shard please?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    This is always an perception issue 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    Mariah said:
    which shard please?
    Oh, sorry, forgot to mention.... this was on Catskills...

Spawn differs from Shard to Shard ? I thought it was the same, regardless of the Shard...

I mean, I can understand that the "composition" in between Pirate Ships, Merchant Ships and Beacons may vary from Shard to Shard as it depends on players' gameplay, I understand, but whether in a given area X NPC Ships/Beacons are set to spawn, I thought that this was the same across all Shards....

It is not the same ? Some Shards may have X spawn in a given area while other Shards may have Y or even Z NPC Ships/Beacons spawning ?
    Yes, it should be the same, but that doesn't preclude problems cropping up on specific shards, not long ago Europa and Drachs had no red pirates. That's now fixed.
    popps said:
    Mariah said:
    which shard please?

Spawn differs from Shard to Shard ? I thought it was the same, regardless of the Shard...

I mean, I can understand that the "composition" in between Pirate Ships, Merchant Ships and Beacons may vary from Shard to Shard as it depends on players' gameplay, I understand, but whether in a given area X NPC Ships/Beacons are set to spawn, I thought that this was the same across all Shards....

It is not the same ? Some Shards may have X spawn in a given area while other Shards may have Y or even Z NPC Ships/Beacons spawning ?
    You can't just sail around the little islands...
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:
    Mariah said:
    which shard please?

You can't just sail around the little islands...
    I have been sailing where in the past I always found Pirate Ships, Merchant Ships and Beacons... it is like between day and night... where I used to find lots of Ships and Beacons now is the desert... I have been sailing the waters South of the Mount Hakonu on Isamu Jima as well as the waters North East of the Yamadon Point and also West of the Beetlescape and Lightest Dark areas.

All waters where, in the past, I found plenty of NPC Ships and Beacons but not now...
    less than 5 min to find ..it's your perception

Grimbeard said:
    less than 5 min to find ..it's your perception

That is a Beacon... as I said, I did find a Beacon and, actually, another one after posting... the one you are showing is one, and there is another South of the Mount Hakonu.

What I could not find is NPCs "ships"...

Before, I did not have any problems at all in finding both Pirates and Merchant Ships in Tokuno... it might be my perception, but time back I could find them easily, now it is a waste of my time which takes the fun of it away for me...
    You have to kill the beacons to get more ships to spawn..
    Grimbeard said:
    I know that, and I disagree with it.

They are entirely separate hunts, those for Beacons, those for Pirates Ships and those for Merchant ships... if players want to do Pirates hunting (or Merchant Ships hunting or Beacons hunting), why should they waste their limited playing time having to hunt "other" naval things because otherwise, what they are interested to hunt, won't spawn ?

To me, it sounds absurd and a waste of players'  gameplay time.

Regardless though, that in such a large area, I was able to only find 2 Beacons seems excessive to me, as compared to those Tokuno waters I was used to sail in the past where I found plenty of all types of NPCs naval things... I would like to see again the Tokuno spawn in the water be increased.
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:

They are entirely separate hunts, those for Beacons, those for Pirates Ships and those for Merchant ships... if players want to do Pirates hunting (or Merchant Ships hunting or Beacons hunting), why should they waste their limited playing time having to hunt "other" naval things because otherwise, what they are interested to hunt, won't spawn ?

Regardless though, that in such a large area, I was able to only find 2 Beacons seems excessive to me, as compared to those Tokuno waters I was used to sail in the past where I found plenty of all types of NPCs naval things... I would like to see again the Tokuno spawn in the water be increased.
    You could have killed them multiple times since your first post 
  • vortexvortex Posts: 202
    On great lakes I had 4 around me in tokono tons there all kinds
    vortex said:
    Also on Catskills there used to be plenty in Tokuno... not now, though, and I wonder what may have caused this scarcity...
  • popps said:
    Grimbeard said:

lol tough shit, you expect them the change the game for you? oh yes you have 3,860 posts demanding just that.........
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:

He just told you how to get more ships and alls you want to do is argue with someone trying to help.  It does not matter if you like it or not, it is the way the game is set up.  This is not your game it belongs to UO, when you own UO you can set it up any way you want to.  Do you wonder why people get tired of trying to help you?  A simple TY @Grimbeard for the information would do.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    edited February 20
    popps said:
    vortex said:
    Also on Catskills there used to be plenty in Tokuno... not now, though, and I wonder what may have caused this scarcity...
    There are some spawns in UO that the more you kill it the larger the spawn gets.  Go kill the Beacons and see what happens.  And I do not need a As I see it  BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH from you.  Just take @Grimbeard advice and see for yourself what happens.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:

If you knew that, then why did title a thread like this:

Instead of:  

I don't like how the high seas acts like a spawn where you have to kill what's there to get new stuff.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    Ya other posters do want to help others.  It is very disrespectful to make a thread that implies you need help and others go check the shard and return results.

Then say, oh I don't need help I just want the game mechanics work like I want them to work.

@Mariah this thread should be closed because the OP is being disrespectful and dishonest to other posters.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:

Instead of:  

I don't like how the high seas acts like a spawn where you have to kill what's there to get new stuff.
    No, because I did the spawn in Tokuno waters in the past and it did use to be a whole lot more lively so, to my point of view, the title of the thread is on spot...

It used to be thriving of NPCs Ships and Beacons while now it is a waste of time to try find a Pirate Ship or Merchant Ship or Beacon given their current scarcity, at least on Catskills...
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:

Instead of:  

No, because I did the spawn in Tokuno waters in the past and it did use to be a whole lot more lively so, to my point of view, the title of the thread is on spot...

It used to be thriving of NPCs Ships and Beacons while now it is a waste of time to try find a Pirate Ship or Merchant Ship or Beacon given their current scarcity, at least on Catskills...
    Like i said it's your perception 
    Locking this - because I looked around on Cats for ships, and popps was right, they weren't there. They should be spawning again now.
This discussion has been closed.