Newsletter 18

https://mailchi.mp/broadsword/uo-newsletter-18

"We are targeting a spring release of Publish 117.  Publish 117 will include the following,
  • PvP Updates - These updates are focused on feedback we received in this thread.  While we were unable to address every concern, we are confident in the upcoming changes as a solid starting point.  Additional PvP updates based on feedback are scheduled for the future!

• Vet Rewards - We have some exciting new vet rewards in the works, including,
    • New Monster Statuettes
    • Enchanted Gardening Shears - quickly harvest from all your plants!
    • Greenhouse - more space to store all your finest flowers and peculiar plants!
    • Decorative Lava Pool - add a little heat to your castle with this bubbling behemoth!
    • Decorative Ultima Dragon Deco Pack - flags, banners, and more sporting the iconic Ultima Dragon!

• Black Market Update - new items for purchase in the black market!

• Spring Event: Shrouded Sails!  Take part in a hunt for the most prized possession of some of Britannia's most notorious pirates- their hats!  Battle pirates and plunderbeacons, ransack ship cargo, dig up treasure chests, fish up treasures from the deep, and try your mettle against a pirate brawl as you collect pirate hats to turn in for treasures!

We look forward to sharing more details on these changes and more!"

--SOS LOOT---

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    I approve this message 100%
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    edited February 15
    Wow. This is a great news. I'm looking forward to the new event and the black market update. I hope there is a bane dragon equivalent new pet.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    :) <3 :p
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    I don't PvP but that seems like a very low content thread to base changes on.

Not sure if normal pirate hunting and beacon killing will yield hats or are hats only from the pirate brawl.

Either way. I need to stock up on arrows.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    The green house and garden shears are great additions cant wait for them !
  • ABYSS HOUSES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE GRANDFATHERED. 

They should NOT condemn current homes
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    edited February 15
    ABYSS HOUSES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE GRANDFATHERED. 

I think they are referring to new winners of them.  Maybe grandfathered to the original winners. I don't feel that if I win the one on LS, that I should be able to have a second house on that account.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    edited February 15
    I logged into Discord today, and fell off my chair...

This newsletter is doing the rounds, then I get told we have an entire group of pvpers joining us...
    (New to official UO).

I am excited :)
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    Pawain said:
    I don't PvP but that seems like a very low content thread to base changes on.

Not sure if normal pirate hunting and beacon killing will yield hats or are hats only from the pirate brawl.

Either way. I need to stock up on arrows.

It is not low content thank you, I am revolutionary. :)
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253

If I remember right even when they first came out you had to give up your house to get these.  The Dark Lady was perty firm about the one house per account on Prodo Shards.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 910
    edited February 16
    I am pretty sure when they first came out they were added to acct so existing house were safe and these became grandfathered
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Sorry Jack, you're wrong. They were never grandfathered. Do you need me to prove that? or will you take my word for it?
  • AlexAlex Posts: 23
    how are we supposed to engage on the new PVP ideas as per suggestion if the thread is closed???

PvP Updates - These updates are focused on feedback we received in this thread.  While we were unable to address every concern, we are confident in the upcoming changes as a solid starting point.  Additional PvP updates based on feedback are scheduled for the future!

Alex said:
    how are we supposed to engage on the new PVP ideas as per suggestion if the thread is closed???

PvP Updates - These updates are focused on feedback we received in this thread.  While we were unable to address every concern, we are confident in the upcoming changes as a solid starting point.  Additional PvP updates based on feedback are scheduled for the future!

Read a bit further back on the letter to the part that says:
    PvP updates will be coming to TC1 soon, and it is imperative that those interested take part in the testing & feedback of those changes so we can effectively address any concerns.

• SmootSmoot Posts: 392
    edited February 16

they say grandfathered on the sign, but arent (poor game design)  i learned this hard lesson when i won a contest and chose an abyss house as a reward.  specifically chose the house because they said "grandfathered".  so when i claimed the house, it condemned my main house....    obviously wasnt happy.  Mesanna said none of the houses were supposed to be grandfathered.  if i would have known that i would have just took the poster as a prize.  instead i got no prize and a condemned main house (gave away the abyss house i won as it was on an asian shard i never played)

Welp, i dont have High Seas so i guess no spring content for me.   
    @Smoot you need to buy high seas best money you will ever spend on uo
  • Smoot said:
    Best expansion/booster ever, GET IT. you are really missing out of great content!
    Smoot said:
    Best expansion/booster ever, GET IT. you are really missing out of great content!

not for me.  boats are just too clunky.  can barely even see what your doing in in classic client. 
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited February 16
    Is there a guide anywhere on boats and how to do everything related to the spring event?
    • Battle pirates
    • plunderbeacons
    • ransack ship cargo
    • dig up treasure chests (in the sea? MIB/SOS?)
    • fish up treasures from the deep (nets?)
    • try your mettle against a pirate brawl
    As someone who hasn't really touched a boat in 10+ years this is all another language to me. 
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • Smoot said:
    Smoot said:

not for me.  boats are just too clunky.  can barely even see what your doing in in classic client. 
    Sailing is super smooth with booster.   Play EC with pincos what u up to ? EC and high seas a dream combo 
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 293
    I hope the content won’t be centered around plunder beacons.  Those are not fun and neither are the pirates really.

• username said:
    Is there a guide anywhere on boats and how to do everything related to the spring event?
    • Battle pirates
    • plunderbeacons
    • ransack ship cargo
    • dig up treasure chests (in the sea? MIB/SOS?)
    • fish up treasures from the deep (nets?)
    • try your mettle against a pirate brawl
    As someone who hasn't really touched a boat in 10+ years this is all another language to me. 
    I am assuming that t map and SOS will have extra items when event is live  plunderbeacons and pirate ships have been live for a few years so you can get going right away to learn how to be a pirate.  There are merchant ships u can plunder out there aswell   Waiting to learn about the pirate brawl. Looks to be where I turn in event items 
    you won't need a boat to dig up treasure chests. Other than that.
    General ship information here:
    Specific to beacons and the black market

• RangeIIRangeII Posts: 15
    Spring Event: Shrouded Sails!  Take part in a hunt for the most prized possession of some of Britannia's most notorious pirates- their hats!  Battle pirates and plunderbeacons, ransack ship cargo, dig up treasure chests, fish up treasures from the deep, and try your mettle against a pirate brawl as you collect pirate hats to turn in for treasures!

I hope the spawn is increased across all bodies of water because it is already competitive at times on ATL in the Tokono Dagger Island waters when hunting for ships and barges.
  • While i met Phreak at the plot on Great Lakes waiting to get it transfered from Her Highness, it seems that the plot on Lake Superior is owned by the same name.

• PhreakPhreak Posts: 3
    I am so glad you stopped by and told me that Trismegistos.  It seems that there has been a mistake.  I applied for the Great Lakes house last week and on Monday received an email from Mesanna that I had won.  I let her know that I would be working this week so she took my account name and character name to transfer the house for me.  It appears that I was given the Lake Superior house on accident.  I did not even know there was a contest for LS until you mentioned this house to me.  After further review it looks like the LS signup is still active.  I have emailed to let her know. 

• lol she ballsed that up as well :)
    That seems like an easy mistake anyone could have made and an easy fix. 
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 303
    PVP updates ? I was expecting some VvV updates or something, lets hope for a TC release 2 of pvp updates...

TC Release 1 – 2/16/2014

PVP Updates

Resolved Issues:
    -Fixed an issue where Shuriken & Darts could bypass the throw timer.  -Good exploit fix

Gameplay Changes:
    -Removed the ability to evade damage for oneself.  Lets call this exploit fix also

Visual Updates:
    -Explosion potions now display an animation when targeting.  Nice QoL change, nothing crazy

Spell and Ability Adjustments:
    -Casting teleport from a ring now inflicts a 1-second paralysis effect. -Good exploit fix

PvP Balancing:
    -Increased diminishing returns for Evasion mechanics with each successful parry in PvP.  -Is this the only real pvp change ?