Yukki Onna's loot quality....

I find the quality of the Winter Spur new Spawn totaly underwhelmed...

Very little quantity of items and of very, very low quality.... I have yet to find an Artifact item on it, not even a Lesser Artifact item !!

Considering how long it takes to kill it, and how many players are needed, to my opinion it should yield a lot more items and Legendary Artifacts too....

Comments

• Don't bother with it then. Go do something with better loot.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,308
    Maybe pick up gold instead.  Have only looked at the boss loot a couple of times and it is just the usual stuff like last time.  Maybe, if you can do it without getting killed, check the ladies of the snow and dragons at the end.  They might have something good.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    edited December 2023
    Don't bother with it then. Go do something with better loot.
    That is not the point.

There is several Loot Tables which the Developers, to my understanding, can link to a given Creature.

Why was Yukki Onna given such a poor Loot Table, considering how long it takes to kill it and how many players ?

Other MoBs in the game that take moreless as long as it takes to kill, by many players, this Boss, have a way much better Loot Table with a lot more items, including several Legendary items....

Yukki Onna should be given, IMHO, a Loot Table that is more consistent with the time and players it takes to kill it.

This is the point that I am trying to make.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,108
    popps said:
    That is not the point.

There is several Loot Tables which the Developers, to my understanding, can link to a given Creature.

Why was Yukki Onna given such a poor Loot Table, considering how long it takes to kill it and how many players ?

Other MoBs in the game that take moreless as long as it takes to kill, by many players, this Boss, have a way much better Loot Table with a lot more items, including several Legendary items....

Yukki Onna should be given, IMHO, a Loot Table that is more consistent with the time and players it takes to kill it.

In a game that no one has won in 26 years of playing.  Time is not money in UO.  Let that settle into your mind.  Something taking a long time does not mean better rewards.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 202
    popps said:
    That is not the point.

I've gotten a few nice things... Couple nice legendary jewels
    vortex said:
    popps said:
    That is not the point.

I've gotten a few nice things... Couple nice legendary jewels
    Are you sure that you found them on Yukki Onna's corpse and not on the corpses of some other MoB that spawned ?

I could not even find a Lesser Artifact on Yukki Onna's corpse and, I wait 'till the corpse go public and it usually has like 10-15ish items total on the corpse, if at even, regardless how many players fought it...

Other MoBs which also take lots of players to kill have way, but waaaaay more items on their corpse and of way much better quality, to my opinion.

I fail to understand why this Boss was assigned such a poor Loot Table.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,843
    edited December 2023
    popps said:
    That is not the point.

You don't have a point popps, you only have a complaint. The rewards for this are the trees and statues. I have almost completed my tree set and have multiple statues. if you want nice items go do Krampus, he has good items, not every Boss does or should have nice items on their corpse.. Get off the boards and play the game.

popps said:
    That is not the point.

You don't have a point popps, you only have a complaint. The rewards for this are the trees and statues. I have almost completed my tree set and have multiple statues. if you want nice items go do Krampus, he has good items, not every Boss does or should have nice items on their corpse.. Get off the boards and play the game.
    Exodus drops Commendation scrolls yet, it also carries on its corpse Legendary Artifacts and quite nice too...

Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer can drop a small Soulfourge, yet, it also carries  on its corpse Legendary Artifacts and quite nice too...

UO has plenty MoBs which offer "side" Rewards like Yukki Onna does and, still, also spawn high quality Loot on their corpse and in a large number too, when many players contribute to their killing...

I fail to see why Yukki Onna should be made an exception and carry only poor quality loot and in very small quantity...
  • popps said:
    popps said:
    That is not the point.

Exodus drops Commendation scrolls yet, it also carries on its corpse Legendary Artifacts and quite nice too...

Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer can drop a small Soulfourge, yet, it also carries  on its corpse Legendary Artifacts and quite nice too...

UO has plenty MoBs which offer "side" Rewards like Yukki Onna does and, still, also spawn high quality Loot on their corpse and in a large number too, when many players contribute to their killing...

I fail to see why Yukki Onna should be made an exception and carry only poor quality loot and in very small quantity...
    Again, if you want high quality loot, fight another boss.

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,308
    Back in the day, some players used hang around till anyone could loot the boss and then grab as much as they could so they could unravel it for ingredients.  If you do imbuing that might not be that bad of an idea.  Don’t see this much anymore on my shard.  Think bosses have less loot overall now but that’s just my opinion.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    This has been the case with every dynamic champ spawn; it's also the same thing with EM event bosses. 

I'm not saying that I agree with it because for a spawn like this one where the final reward is an item that is only going to be useful for a month out of the year (and can be made public in houses for all to use) there isn't much reason people need to kill the boss after the first couple times. 

The Devs have decided to keep it the same loot even after people have said for years it should get an upgrade to make it worthwhile to finish out the spawn; whether it be that they are taking the lazy route or it be that they hear us but think it would cause balancing issues, they clearly have decided to keep it as a single piece of loot per person. Like Vic said, if you want better loot go kill another boss.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    Actually, what I'm seeing is, folk want to keep killing it until they have all 9 town's trees, and since they can also get a statue from the boss, until they have the full set of statues.
  • popps said:

Very little quantity of items and of very, very low quality.... I have yet to find an Artifact item on it, not even a Lesser Artifact item !!

Considering how long it takes to kill it, and how many players are needed, to my opinion it should yield a lot more items and Legendary Artifacts too....
    I think your mssing the point here, the point is the trees and the snow sculptures, and what you mean how many plsyers? i can solo it in about 30 minutes, in my book thats not  bad
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
     :D 
    edited December 2023
    Whitewolf said:
    popps said:

I think your mssing the point here, the point is the trees and the snow sculptures, and what you mean how many plsyers? i can solo it in about 30 minutes, in my book thats not  bad
    As I mentioned already in another Post in this Thread, UO has plenty MoBs which offer "side" Rewards like Yukki Onna does and, still, they also spawn high quality Loot on their corpse and in a large number too, when many players contribute to their killing...

For example, Exodus drops Commendation scrolls just like Yukki Onna has a chance to drop a Tree yet, Exodus also carries on its corpse Legendary Artifacts and quite nice too...

And what about Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer which can drop a small Soulfourge ? Regardless of the chance to be able to drop a small Soulforge in a player's backpack, it also carries on its corpse Legendary Artifacts and quite nice too...

My argument being, that UO has plenty MoBs which can drop a "main" item just like Yukki Onna has a chance to drop a Tree but, nonetheless, they also have Legendary Artifact items on their corpse when killed by players...

As in regards killing Yukka Onna solo in about 30 minutes, well, if one searches the Web, there is videos of UO players killing Exodus solo (well, technically 2 characters since that is the minimal requirement) and even Osiredon (not to mention other UO Bosses which can be soloed, one way or the other, and carry Legendary Artifacts on their corpses upon killing them) so, I am not sure whether the argument that Yukki Onna could be soloed in 30 minutes could justify its current low level loot items that spawn on the corpse upon killing it.

Furthermore to my opinion, there is also another argument which should support providing Yukki Onna with a much better Loot Table which was to spawn Legendary Artifacts on its corpse upon killing it... that of motivating UO players to still want to fight this spawn even when they have gotten all the trees which they might need/want, and help other fellow UO players who are still trying to collect their trees in the process...

If Yukki Onna (and all Bosses at this type of spawns) were to have a much better Looting Table and spawn Legendary Artifact items on their corpse, UO players would be more motivated to participate still to this spawn, no longer for the Trees which they have, but still for the Legendary Artifact items which they would spawn on their corpse... and in doing so, they would also help fellow UO players who are still trying to get their Trees or whatever other Reward these Bosses would have to offer....
    edited December 2023
    @popps the point of this boss is not quality loot, it is to get a Tree that boosts our Damage to Krampas, and extra Deco in the form of the Sculpture. (side bonus of all the gold he drops)  You then use that Boost in Damage to Krampus to More quickly kill him, and Krampus has the Phat Lootz. This champ is a side quest, not the main quest. I will say it one more time . . .

Victim_Of_Siege said: Again, if you want high quality loot, fight another boss.

edited December 2023
    @Mariah may want to lock this Troll fest. i think all the good discussion has been gotten out of it. Bullet Points Below

• @popps feels Holiday Champs should have a better loot quiality                                                                  (Sorry, there weren't any more. long arsed thread to accomplish what one email to Bonnie or Kyronix would have accomplished.)

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    I think it's fairly clear that for better loot you need to do permanent content, temporary content gives emphasis to the special loot.