Isn't it strange that the number of bots and players using bots increased since the event start?

Am I hallucinating or is this what's going on?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,110
    I have yet to see any so, I can not answer about quantity.

Drops are still 1M on Atlantic, so the market is not flooded.  Buying drops on Atl 500k each.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    When they realize that GM's aren't investigating and they can free reign as long as they don't get hit by the afk timer, yup. 
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    @Mariah @Rorschach ; why is Mervyn allowed back?  Just have his 3 year old posts pop up every week if you think we need to read the same fantasy things over and over.  
    edited December 2023
    i am wondering Pawain, if they didn’t publish they are adding nerve strike debuff, to this day would you even have noticed that they added it? After your 12 years of successfully blocking it from being fixed.

it’s interesting actually cos I never read anyone complaining anything at all about the fix since they added it. 

just carry on blowing up boats in trammel without using cannonballs. Is your fave bug report that forum mods sided with you and declared
    working as intended.

give yourself pat on the back

why you can even craft cannonballs if it’s working as intended to not need them to fire your cannons.
    i guess just deco..
    I showed you pics of my cannons with cannonballs. Come look any day if you want. Every pirate ship hold has plenty of cannon supplies to scuttle another pirate ship.  I do not exploit like you do. 

Pro tip: You only need 15 of each cannon supply to start pirating.  You will never run out of supplies once you begin. 

You talk about exploiting so much that you think it is normal gameplay.  
    How do I block reports?  You are delusional.   :D
    You @ the forum mods to close them and they do, and dev won’t read a closed report cos they will think it’s closed/fixed.
    it’s why so many bugs go unfixed for so long. Cos of forum mods and you.

EG
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/3847/in-game-targeting-system-is-broken#latest

not even my bug report and you get it closed and this is still not fixed today!

and surprise surprise yet another bug people have to source their own fixes via unauthorised means.

Mods always saying not to encourage cheating. But all the bugs that cause people to use cheat programs to fix, devs miss cos mod closed report. It’s why it’s not fixed still today.

You got 100 bots running around Atlantic ice part. Less people would be botting if there wasn’t an option to do it on their client. 
    It’s gateway, people download cheat programs to fix bugs, then they move onto actual cheating as option is there for them.

And now newsletter says they are not fixing wall of stone bug, so even the people who refuse to DL cheat programs - they don’t want their custom so have to stick to trammel or cancel subscription.
    You are completely delusional.  I and many others have played this event without using Bots or anything but CC or EC.  Maybe you need to learn to play UO and you wont need help from a program.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    edited December 2023
    Pawain said:
    You @ the forum mods to close them and they do, and dev won’t read a closed report cos they will think it’s closed/fixed.

EG

and surprise surprise yet another bug people have to source their own fixes via unauthorised means.

Mods always saying not to encourage cheating. But all the bugs that cause people to use cheat programs to fix, devs miss cos mod closed report. It’s why it’s not fixed still today.

You got 100 bots running around Atlantic ice part. Less people would be botting if there wasn’t an option to do it on their client. 
    It’s gateway, people download cheat programs to fix bugs, then they move onto actual cheating as option is there for them.

And now newsletter says they are not fixing wall of stone bug, so even the people who refuse to DL cheat programs - they don’t want their custom so have to stick to trammel or cancel subscription.
    You are completely delusional.  I and many others have played this event without using Bots or anything but CC or EC.  Maybe you need to learn to play UO and you wont need help from a program.
    The problem with BOTs running around in packs of 5-6 easily controlled by the same key strokes thanking to unauthorized Third Party applications, to my understaning, is that they make it way, but way easy for some players to pile up lots and lots of drops (I heard that a pack of 5-6 BOTs can easily gather in an hour like 250-600 drops) which then "devaluate" the value of the drops, and thus of the Rewards, for the rest of players not using multi-packs of BOTs to gather their drops and thus Rewards.

To my opinion, what needs to be looked at, is NOT whether the accounts are subscribed or not but, rather, to the TIME, real life time, that a player spends in order to get something in the game.

The real value is the time spent to get something in a game because, after all, time is money as the saying goes...

Now, if a player only needs 1 hour to get what another player needs 5 or 6 hours of their time to get in UO thanking to being able to control, synchronously, 5 or 6 characters at once, of course that the player only controlling 1 character will be at a gross disadvantage !!

That item which took to them 5 or 6 hours to get, will of course be worth proportionally to the 5 or 6 hours spent for them to get it.

YET, for the other player who, instead, spent only 1 hour to get it, thanking to the synchronous control of 5 or 6 characters (regardless whether subscribed or not), that given item will be worth a lot less, proportionally to the only 1 hour spent to get it.

Thus, what is likely to happen is that, the player who took much less time to get that item, only 1 hour, and likely got multiple of them being able to get it in much less time, will probably sell it on VS at a way below the value of the other player who instead took 5-6 hours to get it could possibly sell it.

Bottom line is, the ability for players to synchronously control multiple characters in the game with one key stroke, eventually, can drive out of the market other players who, instead, do not do the same.

That is, is my opinion, it makes it not worth it for a player who only plays 1 character, to actually play that given Event when it takes to them 5 or 6 times more time to get the same item which other players can get in 1/5th or 1/6th of the time even though those 5 or 6 characters are from subscribed accounts....

The subscribed accounts being used might well be 5 or 6 yet, the number of players and their time used up is not 5 or 6 but only 1, thanking to being able to easily synchronously controlling those 5 or 6 characters all at once, with the strike of the same key..... and this is, at least to my opinion, the crucial matter....

And the number of UO players "loosing interest" in playing the game increases because they cannot compete with other players running groups of BOTs controlled synchrounously with the same 1 key stroke thanking to some un-authorized UO Third Party application.... 

This is basically the same with the gathering of resources and scripters.... how many UO players actually still spend "their" time at the keyboard to gather resources and how many, instead, by them from players who script gather them thus not using their time at the keyboard ?

Do the same as those UO players who script, automatize, BOT their characters using un-authorized Third Party applications to synchronize their control with the same one key stroke to remain competitive? Thanks but no, there is players who actually think that playing by the rules is important... better perhaps just quit playing that game where many of its players do not play by the official rules, instead ?

What I am trying to say is that, to my opinion, not stopping for good players to be able to automatize, script, BOT activities in the game, basically not using much of their time to get things done in the game, makes it for the rest of players who do NOT automatize, do NOT scripts, do NOT BOT activities in the game, to not be able to compete (since they have to invest considerable much more of their time to get the same activities done)  and thus abandon doing those activities in UO... the game sees more and more players losing interest in a lot of things of the game and eventually get to log less and less and looses players....

@Mesanna , @Kyronix , please, to my opinion, it is important that the ability for players to automatize, script, BOT activities in the game, perhaps using un-authorized Third Party applications, gets stopped for good (or is made available, easily, to ALL of UO players). Players wants to get things done in the game ? They need to use their time at the keyboard and to control 1 character, not a pack of characters, synchronously, using the same 1 key stroke OR, the game will provide to any and all players the same ability to be able to control multiple characters at once..., thank you.

At least, that is the way I see it.
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    edited December 2023
    To be honest guys, if they wanted to solve this problem, they could have already solved it. As I mentioned in another post, they could just take a quick 2 minute look at Atlantic server ice area and see all of the bots. They can give those accounts a temporary warning. Or make sure that the accounts running bots can't go back to ice area until the event is over.

The bot problem is so bad right now, you cannot even take 2 steps at the northern part of the island. Add the fact that all of the spawns with good drop rate are packed into the same subserver, you cant even have a meaningful/relaxing game play despite buying membership and fortune potions. Devs/management still don't care.

Normally I would not mind people using bots. But the problem is so bad right now even the legitimate players cannot play the game. The bots are literally bringing the server to point of crash, and nobody is doing anything.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 202
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

EG

The problem with BOTs running around in packs of 5-6 easily controlled by the same key strokes thanking to unauthorized Third Party applications, to my understaning, is that they make it way, but way easy for some players to pile up lots and lots of drops (I heard that a pack of 5-6 BOTs can easily gather in an hour like 250-600 drops) which then "devaluate" the value of the drops, and thus of the Rewards, for the rest of players not using multi-packs of BOTs to gather their drops and thus Rewards.

To my opinion, what needs to be looked at, is NOT whether the accounts are subscribed or not but, rather, to the TIME, real life time, that a player spends in order to get something in the game.

The real value is the time spent to get something in a game because, after all, time is money as the saying goes...

Now, if a player only needs 1 hour to get what another player needs 5 or 6 hours of their time to get in UO thanking to being able to control, synchronously, 5 or 6 characters at once, of course that the player only controlling 1 character will be at a gross disadvantage !!

That item which took to them 5 or 6 hours to get, will of course be worth proportionally to the 5 or 6 hours spent for them to get it.

YET, for the other player who, instead, spent only 1 hour to get it, thanking to the synchronous control of 5 or 6 characters (regardless whether subscribed or not), that given item will be worth a lot less, proportionally to the only 1 hour spent to get it.

Thus, what is likely to happen is that, the player who took much less time to get that item, only 1 hour, and likely got multiple of them being able to get it in much less time, will probably sell it on VS at a way below the value of the other player who instead took 5-6 hours to get it could possibly sell it.

Bottom line is, the ability for players to synchronously control multiple characters in the game with one key stroke, eventually, can drive out of the market other players who, instead, do not do the same.

That is, is my opinion, it makes it not worth it for a player who only plays 1 character, to actually play that given Event when it takes to them 5 or 6 times more time to get the same item which other players can get in 1/5th or 1/6th of the time even though those 5 or 6 characters are from subscribed accounts....

The subscribed accounts being used might well be 5 or 6 yet, the number of players and their time used up is not 5 or 6 but only 1, thanking to being able to easily synchronously controlling those 5 or 6 characters all at once, with the strike of the same key..... and this is, at least to my opinion, the crucial matter....

And the number of UO players "loosing interest" in playing the game increases because they cannot compete with other players running groups of BOTs controlled synchrounously with the same 1 key stroke thanking to some un-authorized UO Third Party application.... 

This is basically the same with the gathering of resources and scripters.... how many UO players actually still spend "their" time at the keyboard to gather resources and how many, instead, by them from players who script gather them thus not using their time at the keyboard ?

Do the same as those UO players who script, automatize, BOT their characters using un-authorized Third Party applications to synchronize their control with the same one key stroke to remain competitive? Thanks but no, there is players who actually think that playing by the rules is important... better perhaps just quit playing that game where many of its players do not play by the official rules, instead ?

What I am trying to say is that, to my opinion, not stopping for good players to be able to automatize, script, BOT activities in the game, basically not using much of their time to get things done in the game, makes it for the rest of players who do NOT automatize, do NOT scripts, do NOT BOT activities in the game, to not be able to compete (since they have to invest considerable much more of their time to get the same activities done)  and thus abandon doing those activities in UO... the game sees more and more players losing interest in a lot of things of the game and eventually get to log less and less and looses players....

@ Mesanna , @ Kyronix , please, to my opinion, it is important that the ability for players to automatize, script, BOT activities in the game, perhaps using un-authorized Third Party applications, gets stopped for good (or is made available, easily, to ALL of UO players). Players wants to get things done in the game ? They need to use their time at the keyboard and to control 1 character, not a pack of characters, synchronously, using the same 1 key stroke OR, the game will provide to any and all players the same ability to be able to control multiple characters at once..., thank you.

Where you getting your info on 6 bots getting 600 drops in a hour that's 100 each in a hour maybe get half of that with a glorious potion on all of them...
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Kyronix has said:
    Do not discuss unapproved 3rd party programs or clients.  This is something on our radar and we aren't going to discuss any action we are taking publicly.  If you want to comment on this topic email uo@broadsword.com
    This is on their radar
    They are not going to discuss it publically

so keep posting over and over about it is simply trolling. Have patience, report the bots where you find them then play where the bots aren't and stop posting totally unfounded 'facts' such as that questioned by @vortex
    Thank you.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    edited December 2023
    vortex said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

EG

@ Mesanna , @ Kyronix , please, to my opinion, it is important that the ability for players to automatize, script, BOT activities in the game, perhaps using un-authorized Third Party applications, gets stopped for good (or is made available, easily, to ALL of UO players). Players wants to get things done in the game ? They need to use their time at the keyboard and to control 1 character, not a pack of characters, synchronously, using the same 1 key stroke OR, the game will provide to any and all players the same ability to be able to control multiple characters at once..., thank you.

Where you getting your info on 6 bots getting 600 drops in a hour that's 100 each in a hour maybe get half of that with a glorious potion on all of them...
    Sorry, my bad, I mistyped, I meant to write 250-300, not 600..... at least from what I heard from others, not sure whether that is an accurate or not estimate, I just play using 1 account and my drops are way, but waaaaay much less then that....

Unfortunately I can no longer edit the post or I would change to the correct figure that I heard other players indicate when discussing multi-groups of characters being used all together by the same player. ( @Mariah , if possible, could you please edit my post above, changing the 600 figure mistakengly indicated into 300 ? Thanks!).

The figure is not even important, to my opinion, when a single player in 1 hour of gameplay controlling 1 character gets even 50 drops, but another player in the same hour controlling multiple characters all at once gets even "only" 150 drops, just to mention a figure for the sake of the discussion, we have 2 players who, in the same 1 hour of gameplay achieve much different results, one gets 3 times the results of the other, in the same exact time length of gameplay...

How can the player only using 1 account ever compete with another player who can use multiple accounts at once in the same time ? I do not see how they could....
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    Mariah said:
    Kyronix has said:
    Do not discuss unapproved 3rd party programs or clients.  This is something on our radar and we aren't going to discuss any action we are taking publicly.  If you want to comment on this topic email uo@ broadsword.com
    This is on their radar

so keep posting over and over about it is simply trolling. Have patience, report the bots where you find them then play where the bots aren't and stop posting totally unfounded 'facts' such as that questioned by @ vortex
    Thank you.
    Keep in mind that Mesanna has had the ability to detect 3rd party clients since 2011 so its been on thier radar a decade maybe not talking about it not the way to go...
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 527
    edited December 2023
    Quite frankly, they're never going to do anything about cheating in UO. It's been going on for far too long, and we've had confirmation from multiple former EA/Broadsword employees about it, from Draconi to GM River.

• Mariah said:
    Kyronix has said:
    Do not discuss unapproved 3rd party programs or clients.  This is something on our radar and we aren't going to discuss any action we are taking publicly.  If you want to comment on this topic email uo@ broadsword.com
    This is on their radar

so keep posting over and over about it is simply trolling. Have patience, report the bots where you find them then play where the bots aren't and stop posting totally unfounded 'facts' such as that questioned by @ vortex
    Thank you.

It's not trolling its keeping it on their radar and pushing it to a priority topic that needs to be addressed. I imagine people are sick of the dev's refusing to provide an even playing field for all and it's only getting worse.

• shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    edited December 2023
    Quite frankly, they're never going to do anything about cheating in UO. It's been going on for far too long, and we've had confirmation from multiple former EA/Broadsword employees about it, from Draconi to GM River.

Wow, that ama was eye widening. I am sad to hear it about the current situation.

That being said, I am grateful to all of the devs and management that keeps this game fun. With all of the criticism that's going on around I am sure it can be quite taxing working on game development, especially game development for a game that is more than 20 years old.

A lot of different people stated different opinions in this thread. Some may not agree with me but I personally do not care about people running bots as long as it does not interfere with my gameplay.

Here are a couple pointers for devs for the next event:
    - if the infrastructure allows it, please provision faster servers for events. Right now you can barely take a step at the northern part of the island.
    - Please try to distribute better rewards to different sub servers. (Right now, the ice field and the rune beetles drop more items than the creeps at other parts of the event. So everyone is packed into a single subserver while event Gamans are just eating grass without anyone bothering them)

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    To keep this topic "on the radar" this thread will be closed. Please keep your comments consolidated in this current thread started by the same OP...   
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/13480/extreme-server-lag-in-the-event-areas-due-to-bots#latest
This discussion has been closed.