Last new

Comments

• It's the perfect place because it's snowy and dreary.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    popps said:
    I had a bit of a play with @ Violet 's frost steed idea. I'm no graphic expert, so I just took a fire steed and did 'invert' on the colour. Not sure where it would spawn though. 

Having said that, I wouldn't be against Tyrath's idea of changing the damage on giant beetles, only they're not 'blue' in EC. 

oh and I can see why we can't ride frost mites, they're just too darn big

The “Frostmare” could spawn in ice dungeon, the icy spots in Ilshenar, the arctic ilse, that’s all I can think of while at work. I’ll look into it more when I get home (sometime late tonight lol). 
    Leave the Artic Island the "moreless" peacefull place that it is, other then some lower end aggresive creature....

It is quite important for starting Tamers to train their skill up....

Lots and lots of tamers spent quite a good time all over the Artic Island taming left and right to raise the skill....
    In another post i talked about training and why it's important to train in fighting conditions vs some tricks and find it's especially true for tamers who never ta
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited September 2021
    I agree the glacial colour needs toning down somewhat. If I had the skills to do it, I'd have made it the same colour as my character's outfit.
    Another thought. The area where it spawns need not be 'cold' now, it could be that the creature's presence makes it cold - a bit like the snow ele area in Blackthorns was. It could be used to bring life to an otherwise neglected area of the map. 
    As an example, Rock dungeon, bottom left corner of the map. That might not work though, it could spawn as a paragon there.
    @McDougle I agree with you on the training.  I did spend some time chasing polar bears, but I mostly trained on aggressive creatures, which taught me, the player, not the character, how to lead tame effectively. 
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    edited September 2021
    I’m less concerned about the actual avatar, but more rideable pets with 100% elemental damage and healing would be excellent.

A few ideas:
    Ice Mare (100% cold, healing special)
    Swamp Ostard (100% poison, healing special)
    Static Charged Llama (rideable purple llama!) (100% energy, healing special)

• AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    A water-only pet like a Kraken or something would be nice!
    Aayla said:
    My dream come true!! 
    Another thing that could be new is updated schools of magic IMO I've always thought some where just incomplete 
    Mystic/imbuing we are powerful we can even weave magic into items opps we forget how to recall or mark  resurrection nah 

Bards should have spellsongs some suggestions 

Recall =encore
    Mark =steady gig
    Cure=hair if the dog
    Heal =soothing sounds

Etc etc yes i know magery blah blah cookie cutter blah 

These are simple renaming of spells that would add flavor and variety something you storied oldtimers seem to hate 

Fun! shudder...
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Aayla said:
    Wasn't a rideable Sea Horse intended to make it into UO some time back ?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    They could make a sea mount. But where will the tamer be when dismounted. Swimming?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    They could make a sea mount. But where will the tamer be when dismounted. Swimming?
    Only pirates and fishermen can use 
    And don't think I've forgotten about a nice sea based champ spawn @Kyronix
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    So it is a Seahorse rowboat.  Fine by me.  Slowpoke.
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    I once sailed from moonglow to the floating emporium in a rowboat 
    McDougle said:

Does the pumpkin one go slower?  It is sooooo slow!
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:

Does the pumpkin one go slower?  It is sooooo slow!
    As soon as @Kyronix fixes it so i can launch from boat I'll let you know 
  • McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    In the Snow?

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• DragoDrago Posts: 290
    Violet said:
    Kyronix said:
    Such as?
    Frost Steed
    80 cold damage, 20 physical, stats could be similar to the Fire Steed, hopefully without a dragon breath (maybe some extra intensity if no breath).  Doesn't need new artwork a rehue would work well and since it would be based off a fire steed no balancing issues.

+1 on this.  We have fire steed.  Its polar opposite would be awesome.
    Drago said:
    Violet said:
    Kyronix said:
    Such as?
    Frost Steed
    80 cold damage, 20 physical, stats could be similar to the Fire Steed, hopefully without a dragon breath (maybe some extra intensity if no breath).  Doesn't need new artwork a rehue would work well and since it would be based off a fire steed no balancing issues.

+1 on this.  We have fire steed.  Its polar opposite would be awesome.
    Yes but would this perhaps be unfair to all the players who have invested time and money in training non ridable pets time and money that might have been spent differently if this mount was created ?

I would therefore suggest that perhaps the saddle that's been discussed  be created and given free to all players who have in fact invested said time and money. 

If this is not possible might i then suggest that we the tamer unable to ride our cold pets instead be allowed to carry them ? Either firman shoulder carry or piggyback would of course work 

At least that's how I see it...
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    McDougle said:

Yes but would this perhaps be unfair to all the players who have invested time and money in training non ridable pets time and money that might have been spent differently if this mount was created ?

I would therefore suggest that perhaps the saddle that's been discussed  be created and given free to all players who have in fact invested said time and money. 

If this is not possible might i then suggest that we the tamer unable to ride our cold pets instead be allowed to carry them ? Either firman shoulder carry or piggyback would of course work 

No, it wouldn’t. No more than releasing the Wildfire Ostard is unfair to Bane owners or the epaulettes were unfair to the people who built their suits under the previous possible combinations. 

• VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited October 2021

Base any new pet on the Triton start. 

:s

While I'm sure people would love new pets to be based on triton starts, there are too many balancing issues to make this a thing.  You don't need triton stats to have a successful pet.  

Also, Tritons are available behind a paywall (expansion) and many mechanics in order to get them.  You cannot go out and tame a dozen of them in 10 minutes like spawning animals.

Pawain said:

Actually Ill go out on a limb. (5 slot pet) After thinking about it for 15 seconds. I think the Cu Sidhe is the only pet that has a mixed damage that does not do physical damage. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Reptalon would beg to differ.

Merus said:
    I’m less concerned about the actual avatar, but more rideable pets with 100% elemental damage and healing would be excellent.

A few ideas:
    Ice Mare (100% cold, healing special)
    Swamp Ostard (100% poison, healing special)
    Static Charged Llama (rideable purple llama!) (100% energy, healing special)

Healing shouldn't be added to more animals, if it is, they should not be magic capable or mountable. Healing should have cost a lot more intensity points than it does. 

No magic capable rideable  pet has 100% single elemental damage, and in my opinion they shouldn't.  There has to be a balance to tameables.  If there was a series of 100% single elemental damage magic capable mountables then there would be no reason to use nonmountable animals.  80 elemental 20 physical/second elemental is a fair compromise that has precedence in already spawning animals like the fire steed.

Kyronix has mentioned (unfortunately i dont have time to look up the source) that one of the issues with adding more tameables is the balance issue.   Coming up with suggestions that are in line with currently in game balanced pets is imperative to getting more actual tameables in game.
    McDougle said:

By that logic nothing new should ever be (re)introduced to the game, come on now McDougle.

Making all pets rideable is just not feasible for any time in the new future due to new legacy. But also again it comes to pet tradeoffs. Tritons are as powerful as they are because they are NOT mountable. There should and has been differences especially for the more newly released animals. From a balance standpoint I cannot get behind pet saddles/pet carry other than crystal balls. I can get behind pets that fill a need that are balanced in power. An 80% Cold 20% Physical Frost Steed based on Fire Steed stats would be this animal.
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    Violet said:
    No rideable pet has 100% single elemental damage, and in my opinion they shouldn't.  

Fire beetle would beg to differ
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    Chrille said:
    You're right, all though I think the logic there is the fire beetle is a special case since it lacks the full schools of magic. 
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited October 2021
    Chrille said:

Touche. I've been working on this reply for 2 days, apparently it didn't save one of my many edits. And this is why I don't like actually posting just after waking up. :D Thank you for spoting that so I could edit for clarity.  

Magic Capable. (original post was edited to include that)

The fire beetle balance is that it is not magic capable. Though one could argue that RC can be just as powerful as any additional magic in terms of balance.  However the fire beetle's own damage output is "capped" due to having no additional damage via a true magic.  If you add it to a group setting, the fire beetle will not see huge damage increases

All 5 slot mountable pets with the exception of the blue and fire beetle are magic capable.  
    edited October 2021
    I agree that the unjust monopoly held for too long by Bane owners and others who got the eppellets rightfully deserved to be crushed. 

I would indeed suggest that those of us who suffered this cruel oppression be immediately be awarded reparations. 

A bonded blaze max intensity Bane and blessed not shard bound eppellets for all who have suffered 

And I'm totally serious my pet has served me for years is it in fact not high time i literally carried him or her .

Dare i suggest pet carrying straps that would allow us to safely carry our non rideable pets and perhaps smaller pets could indeed possibly be worn as hats providing some small boon to the wearer

of course as i I carry my beloved beast i will need increased foot speed as monsters might perhaps catch and slay me otherwise 

At least that's how I see it 
    edited October 2021
    Violet said:

Touche
    I thought of those but the 25 was physical in my head.  You have the advantage, they don't have the green neck in CC.

I used a Reptalon some in Khaldun since it could theoretically damage 3 of the Skeletons.
    I forgot about that.

Since that is the pet of the day.  Ill concede the Triton and let the new pet be based on the 2 slot version of the Reptalon without Dragon Breath and Paralyze.
    It is already a mount and clearly not OP since there are so few out there.
    :)
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    @McDougle a little less sarcasm please. :)
    Mariah said:
    @ McDougle a little less sarcasm please. :)
    LOL a couple fell for it.  One was Violet!   :D
    Yes ma'am 
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    A good portion of pet saddles not being needed would be fixing pets being able to pass through(push?) Through npcs, players, mobs, and other pets in tram. For that matter, why dont flappy pets flap over those, as a boon for not being mountable.

And what need does a garg have of pads of the cus if they cant mount? Adding in new pets, mountable or otherwise, is good, but i feel they should all be able to go to 5 slots.

As far as healing cost on a pet, i dont see it needing to cost more than 100 intensity. Some of the other pets that can get it, are very lack luster.
    Any chance at  a footwear transmog potion for Christmas @Kyronix ;