Last new

Skills 2009
Things we can tame rather than from statue 2015...

I love all the new stuff and while we definitely don't need anymore land mass some new skills and actual tamable creatures would be great..
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Such as?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Well keeping in mind I'm not smart or a programmer so i don't know how it all works 

Sailing trains by sailing maybe so many nautical miles slight  ship speed increase etc

Gunner same as above but with ship cannons inc dmg faster loading 

House designer? Gets the ability to create mini house deeds that we can clik and deploy. 

Honestly totally not prepared as didn't think it was in realm of possibility 

Pets maybe just open up some of the current nontamable who doesn't want a pet allosaurus..
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
    edited September 2021
    My .02:

New tameables:
    1. Yamandon - 3 slot
    2. Hydra - 3 slot
    3. Troglodyte - 1 slot
    Can flesh out specific stats if interest in pursuing...

New taming enhancements:
    1. Ability to apply a one-time "slayer" type to a pet.
    2. AI / manual context control improvements - ability to control which skills, spells, etc get used/not used.
    3. Removal of spurious mastery usage, e.g. pets with discordance try to use barding mastery very briefly.
    4. Saddle for riding pets like the triton.

• RoxoRoxo Posts: 32
    I’m excited for New Legacy and the style of play it will bring. Once it is up and running for a bit, it would be nice to see some new dungeons and boss encounters whether that is through an expansion or individually. Even if they don’t introduce new powerful items, having them drop reskins of past items or blank items with a fresh art to transmog to would be awesome. Just the thought of traversing a new dungeonscape with new monsters and puzzles is exciting. 
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    Kyronix said:
    Such as?
    Frost Steed
    80 cold damage, 20 physical, stats could be similar to the Fire Steed, hopefully without a dragon breath (maybe some extra intensity if no breath).  Doesn't need new artwork a rehue would work well and since it would be based off a fire steed no balancing issues.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    The above horse and a push me pull you horse that spins around and does 100% cold damage 1 hit and 100% fire the next.  Or just 50% cold 50% fire damage.  It does not have to spin.

Pets that do 25% 25% 50% damage of your choice that is not physical.

Base any new pet on the Triton start. 
    Kyronix said:
    Such as?

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Kyronix said:
    Such as?

Back in newsletter #2 you guys seemed quite excited to look at making the Frost Mite and Ossien Ram ridable but then in newsletter #5 that idea was shot down in flames. 

I believe that the ram was a problem with its horns getting in the way.

But could the Frost Mite be made ridable like its distance  relatives the Fire and Giant Beetle?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Kyronix said:
    Such as?
    For example, 9 new breeds of CU-Sidhes which would cover different Resistences as the current ones ?

We have Crimson Drakes and Platinum Drakes who can do damage 100% in Physical, or Fire, or Cold or Energy (why none that can do 100% Poison ?).

The current Cu-Sidhe, does damage 50% Cold and 50% Energy.

How about, having these new Breed of CU-Sidhes do damage in other assortments, like (each line would be 1 CU-Sidhe "new" breed) : 

- 50% Physical and 50% Fire

- 50% Physical and 50% Cold

- 50% Physical and 50% Poison

- 50% Physical and 50% Energy

- 50% Fire and 50% Cold

- 50% Fire and 50% Poison

- 50% Fire and 50% Energy

- 50% Cold and 50% Poison

- 50% Poison and 50% Energy

This way, players could be more specific in what CU-Sidhe to use for what hunt....

Of course, that would also necessarily need to be accompanied by a Stable slots increase.... forcing players to have to discard older pets, perhaps trained and fully scrolled, in order to accomodate new pets, I do not think would be the right thing to do....

The more the pets, the larger the stable slots should get, to my opinion.
    edited September 2021
    @popps please stop. The reason Cus are good is because they do not do physical damage. A triton does a damage you requested.

Lore stuff. Most mobs have high physical resist. We do not need more physical damage pets. Hiryus do 100% physical as does almost everything in Eodon.

There are crimson and platinum drakes that do poison damage. They are where nightmares spawn. They are the green ones that nobody uses. Actually Kyronix just added those per your request. Yay let the rest of us get a new pet now.

Please go back to gaining Bushido.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
    edited September 2021

Kyronix said:
    Such as?
    For example, 9 new breeds of CU-Sidhes which would cover different Resistences as the current ones ?

We have Crimson Drakes and Platinum Drakes who can do damage 100% in Physical, or Fire, or Cold or Energy (why none that can do 100% Poison ?).

[..]

How about, having these new Breed of CU-Sidhes do damage in other assortments, like (each line would be 1 CU-Sidhe "new" breed) : 

[...]

- 50% Fire and 50% Cold

This way, players could be more specific in what CU-Sidhe to use for what hunt....

Of course, that would also necessarily need to be accompanied by a Stable slots increase.... forcing players to have to discard older pets, perhaps trained and fully scrolled, in order to accomodate new pets, I do not think would be the right thing to do....

@popps, great idea on more variety with Cu damage types.  Maybe even the color of the dog would impact which damage types it is assigned?    Trimmed your list based on other comments.

The max number of stable slots seems OK to increase, would just drive more sales of stable slot increase tokens, right?

Yay they Just added a Triton per Your Damage type request. 50 Physical 50 Energy. You got what you wanted now do more Elemental only pets.

Do not ruin Cus with Physical damage you non tamers.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Well since we are doing skins for cus now, how about a vet reward saddle, that lets you mount any pet, and while mounted, changes the pets graphic to a horse, llama, ostard, beetle, or cu.

Or a quested potion to remove and refund the points of a base ability of pets.(dragon breath, magery, necro so on). Make it usable once per pet, and take a while to quest for. It is something that has been requested multiple times.
  • Pawain said:
    Or just 50% cold 50% fire damage.  
    Kyronix said:
    Such as?

popps said:
    Kyronix said:
    Such as?

- 50% Fire and 50% Cold

[...]

Pawain said:
    Yay they Just added a Triton per Your Damage type request. 50 Physical 50 Energy. You got what you wanted now do more Elemental only pets.

@Pawain, the damage split you requested above seems to match one of popps proposed splits, not sure you saw that?

I don't know who the "non tamers" are that you're addressing with that comment.  I certainly wouldn't weigh in on a taming thread if I wasn't a tamer, or didn't have interest in it.  It doesn't seem like a productive comment at any rate.  Good ideas can come from anywhere.
    edited September 2021
    Pawain said:
    Or just 50% cold 50% fire damage.  
    Kyronix said:
    Such as?

popps said:
    Kyronix said:
    Such as?

- 50% Fire and 50% Cold

[...]

Pawain said:

@ Pawain, the damage split you requested above seems to match one of popps proposed splits, not sure you saw that?

I don't know who the "non tamers" are that you're addressing with that comment.  I certainly wouldn't weigh in on a taming thread if I wasn't a tamer, or didn't have interest in it.  It doesn't seem like a productive comment at any rate.  Good ideas can come from anywhere.
    Um Ya I put 50 Cold 50 fire before he posted.  More pets with physical damage are not good Ideas. If you are a tamer you know most pet types do some physical damage. There are few pets that have just elemental damage that are not 100% of an element.

Actually Ill go out on a limb. (5 slot pet) After thinking about it for 15 seconds. I think the Cu Sidhe is the only pet that has a mixed damage that does not do physical damage. Feel free to prove me wrong.
    Healing plus no physical damage makes the Cu a Great pet.

We need new pet looks, not Cus with random damages.

So Ill stick with my Idea as good pets.  25/25/50 any damage no physical. And the fun and exiting Push Me Pull You.  And the Frost Steed above would be a fine Equine. 
    edited September 2021
    Norry said:
    Well since we are doing skins for cus now, how about a vet reward saddle, that lets you mount any pet, and while mounted, changes the pets graphic to a horse, llama, ostard, beetle, or cu.

Or a quested potion to remove and refund the points of a base ability of pets.(dragon breath, magery, necro so on). Make it usable once per pet, and take a while to quest for. It is something that has been requested multiple times.
    Good Idea for a work around for the sprites not looking good with a mount!

Pet saddles were in the original plans of the pet Revamp.

Would be nice to make more viable pets from Necro and Magery pets since those magics do not work completely.  Could have some nice AI/Chiv Rams, Tsuki Wolves Dread Spiders,and more.

They would not have to make new pet types if we could build all of the pets we have and make them killers.
    Pawain said:
    @ popps please stop. The reason Cus are good is because they do not do physical damage. A triton does a damage you requested.

Lore stuff. Most mobs have high physical resist. We do not need more physical damage pets. Hiryus do 100% physical as does almost everything in Eodon.

There are crimson and platinum drakes that do poison damage. They are where nightmares spawn. They are the green ones that nobody uses. Actually Kyronix just added those per your request. Yay let the rest of us get a new pet now.

Please go back to gaining Bushido.
    I may have expressed myself wrongly, my apologies in that case....

I NEVER suggested to take out the current CU-Sidhe spawn with CUs that do 50% Cold and 50% Energy damage.

I suggested, rather, to ADD more CU-Sidhes (9 new Breeds) that did "other" varieties of 50%+50% Damage of other types....

Then, Tamers would consider which CU-Sidhe was to be more appropriate for their particular Hunt (that is, what type of 50%+50% variety of damage was to be most effective), and they would use that one.

It is true that the Hiryus do 100% damage yet, they do not come with Healing as the CU-Sidhe does...

And yes, the Triton does Physical Damage and comes with healing but is NOT rideable as the CU-Sidhe and, only comes as 50% Physical and 50% Energy damage, there is no other flavour of 50%+50% damage....

So, at least to my opinion, adding CU-Sidhes that are rideable, and can do "other" flavour of 50%+50% damage, could be a nice addition for Tamers....

Of course, as I said, this would enormousily increase Tamers' need for Stables storage space (imagine having to tame several of these other CU-Sidhes breeds before getting the ones wanted...) so, along with adding more pets that are tameable, a SIGNIFICANT Stables' Slots increase should also be added.

And significant would mean, a WHOLE LOT of more stables' slots, IMHO.

Usually, when I am loking for a good rating pet, I tame quite a good number of them that are quite good, just not "that" good as I want and I end up not wanting to release them because they are still quite nice, just not "that" good....

And so, I end up putting in the stables like 6 or 7 "quite good" pets for that 1 "really good" pet that I was looking for.

That is, 1 new pet, means for my stables, like 6 or 7 stable slots needed....

And I already have older pets stabled....

Yes, players can make more Tamers to store pets but, honestly, this becomes very annoying with all of the Training of skills necessary, the fact that swapping pets among Tamers unbonds them and all that.

Players play games to have fun, not to be aggravated by annoying stuff....

Honestly, I do not see why the Developers cannot just provide to Tamers a whole lot more stable slots, even through the UO Store so as to increase revenues for UO, and thus avoid to players that annoyance of having to train up skills on multiple tamers, have to get a Stall in New Magnincia to swap pets among Tamers on the same one account, have pets unbond all the time when moving them around from one tamer to another and all that.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited September 2021
    I had an idea to have one tamer that only had ridable pets.  The idea hit a wall when I realised there was no rideable cold damage pet.  So that's what I'd like.  I'm not worried if it's a 'frost steed' the frost beetle or some other variant. She has a nightmare, unicorn, cu sidhe, reptalon, fire steed, fire beetle and giant beetle.
    I nearly forgot, a lesser hiryu
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    I had an idea to have one tamer that only had ridable pets.  The idea hit a wall when I realised there was no rideable cold damage pet.  So that's what I'd like.  I'm not worried if it's a 'frost steed' the frost beetle or some other variant. She has a nightmare, unicorn, cu sidhe, reptalon, fire steed, fire beetle and giant beetle.
    I nearly forgot, a lesser hiryu

Or change the Blue Beetle to cold damage.

Pawain said:

Fairly simple solution to make everyone happy, make the damage like the resist and you set it to what you want.  If Popps want 100% Phys fine he can have it, you want 100% fire yep all yers, I want a even spread across all no problem.  The exception I would make is not being able to train damage type on pets that are 100% elemental now.
    Kyronix said:
    Such as?

How about finally giving me my 5 slot Greater Mongbats!  and Making Grizzled Mares 5 Slot as well.

Now let's stop hijacking this thread about new pets with silly talk about cu's have a different pet you'd like to tame let's hear it !

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited September 2021
    I had a bit of a play with @Violet 's frost steed idea. I'm no graphic expert, so I just took a fire steed and did 'invert' on the colour. Not sure where it would spawn though. 

Having said that, I wouldn't be against Tyrath's idea of changing the damage on giant beetles, only they're not 'blue' in EC. 

oh and I can see why we can't ride frost mites, they're just too darn big

Skeletal reindeer spawn around Krampus with a same chance as blaze cu of a Rudolph flying version..
  • How can you ask for new skills when there are so many in game already with no use.

Pets that only spawn during various holidays does sound cool though.
    How can you ask for new skills when there are so many in game already with no use.

Pets that only spawn during various holidays does sound cool though.
    Remember a few years ago when the quest involved some of the useless skill did we adapt and enjoy? No we complained and used joat then complained mire more when that made it hard . While I don't think we should delete these useless skills i think new ones that would be useful in everyday life would be great 
  • I had a bit of a play with @ Violet 's frost steed idea. I'm no graphic expert, so I just took a fire steed and did 'invert' on the colour. Not sure where it would spawn though. 

Having said that, I wouldn't be against Tyrath's idea of changing the damage on giant beetles, only they're not 'blue' in EC. 

The “Frostmare” could spawn in ice dungeon, the icy spots in Ilshenar, the arctic ilse, that’s all I can think of while at work. I’ll look into it more when I get home (sometime late tonight lol). 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    The icy spots in ter mur would be neat, we dont have many "useable" tames from ter mur 
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    I wouldn't be into the neon ice blue but a nice white like we see on the silver steed would be lovely.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I would like an Ostard in Hue 2753
    for Treasures of Destard
    Treasures of Flame Breath

=========

Zebra

would love to be able to tame and ride a Zebra

• Kyronix said:
    Such as?
    I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle, with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

I had a bit of a play with @ Violet 's frost steed idea. I'm no graphic expert, so I just took a fire steed and did 'invert' on the colour. Not sure where it would spawn though. 

The “Frostmare” could spawn in ice dungeon, the icy spots in Ilshenar, the arctic ilse, that’s all I can think of while at work. I’ll look into it more when I get home (sometime late tonight lol). 
    Leave the Artic Island the "moreless" peacefull place that it is, other then some lower end aggresive creature....

It is quite important for starting Tamers to train their skill up....

Lots and lots of tamers spent quite a good time all over the Artic Island taming left and right to raise the skill....
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Dagger Isle isn't a good location because it is largely residential.