EJ players can't visit private houses?

2»

Comments

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Well, this gets even more bizarre.  I tried to have the third character and then the second character on the EJ account use the safe and they got no gump at all.  Couldn't open it.  They also weren't added to the friends menu.   I added the second character from that account as a friend and she could use the safe after that.

Tried the first character on yet another old closed account and she couldn't use the safe either.  So as it stands now, a character on an EJ account can use the safe in a public house if the character has been added to the house sign as a friend.   That makes sense now and seems safe.   I still don't understand why a while ago, though, an un-friended EJ character could access the safe.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    JollyJade said:
    Ok so if I set my house public and put a wall safe they can just access it?

If I put my house private and have a normal chest they can no access it?

Still trying to find any logic. Maybe an official answer could shed some light? @ Kyronix @ Bleak @ Mesanna

Do you you ever play?  Why dont you go try it and tell us.  Half or more of your posts are just rambling about what you dont know can or can not be done. 

GO PLAY!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Pawain said:
    JollyJade said:
    Ok so if I set my house public and put a wall safe they can just access it?

If I put my house private and have a normal chest they can no access it?

Still trying to find any logic. Maybe an official answer could shed some light? @ Kyronix @ Bleak @ Mesanna

Do you you ever play?  Why dont you go try it and tell us.  Half or more of your posts are just rambling about what you dont know can or can not be done. 

GO PLAY!
    Seriously? Go read my posts in this thread. My playstyle involves interacting with other players and helping them out a lot. I do this by taking them to my house quite often. I can't do that for EJ accounts. Can't try it myself since I don't have a public house nor a wall safe. Hard to understand, huh?

And still no official response why public houses are ok to be friended but private houses somehow are not. @Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I think maybe this needs more investigation, so that players don't accidentally get themselves robbed! Since I am a bit vague on how the wall safe actually works I would probably set it up wrong first time I used it. Nice that there is a special setting for 'friends and endless journey players' but I can imagine many mistakes will be made. We already see dishonest players checking out houses for unsecured storage.  :(
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,340
    just to clarify, that image shows the wall safe access is set to owner only, presumably you have changed that to the setting you have highlighted?
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,175
    just to clarify, that image shows the wall safe access is set to owner only, presumably you have changed that to the setting you have highlighted?
    Yes I did change it to Friends and Endless...you can test it if you want, I have a teleporter at my luna house that's set to anyone and both my luna house and castle are public so anyone can get to my castle from there. The wall safe is kinda floating in the air because I don't have any wall space on the bottom floor for it atm :/ lol

But even as owner of the castle, when I click on the safe it shows ~Tinkerbells secure Account~ so it's set per account/per character so no one else can get the gold.

I also logged onto the other character on the account that put the gold in and there's nothing in her secure account at all.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,340
    edited April 2018
    There's no gold in that safe. It's only in the secure accounts. You'll need to deposit in the safe before anyone can draw it out. 0 gold deposited.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/player/money/
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,175
    Ohh yeah I forgot to do that.....so I went back and re-tested......and the results aren't good :(

Penelope was able to steal 50 gold from Durick once he deposited it into the safe.

So I guess putting gold into a safe accessed to Friends and EJ is NOT a good idea since it HAS to be in a public house....

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    I appreciate the bumps, but could this split into his own thread? It has very little to do with my initial question.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)