Diminishing return at wildfire

2»

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    No it is totally a choice on siege you made a character on a pvp totally a choice you choose to have hiding and stealth drop all pvp is consensual you choose to go through the red gate etc. 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    OMG only you @popps
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    @popps ; ,  Can you read  @Goldie  post (you quoted it)  again? 
    He stated that most of time he is hiding and crawling somewhere to kill another slime or a rat. You cannot get points for staying hidden and walking towards your next  prey. It depends on how many mobs you killed. He is slow at killing. 
    It is not kindergarten contest where you get a medal just for participation of any kind (sitting and crying included). 

On another topic you a stating that tamers only need to hide. Here you beleive that Siedge is only hiding . Go hit some stuff. Do hit and run . Or just stay at home , reforge weapon and sell. Prices for cold weaps are very high now. Sell it and buy drops to turn in. 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    edited July 2021
    I was in the midst of playing on Siege when the event started and it just didn’t seem worth it to spend the time crawling around invisible to try to get anything only to be murdered and looted, so I just have been spending time on another shard to participate and get the rewards I want. 

I don’t exactly know if this needs to be “fixed” or what a solution would be but this is something that resonated with me in the post. 
    dvvid said:
    I was in the midst of playing on Siege when the event started and it just didn’t seem worth it to spend the time crawling around invisible to try to get anything only to be murdered and looted, so I just have been spending time on another shard to participate and get the rewards I want. 

I don’t exactly know if this needs to be “fixed” or what a solution would be but this is something that resonated with me in the post. 
    Fixed like how? You can   do this event with PVP template. Or with naked template, trying to kill stuff, siege-bless one drop and run to turn it in. Rinse and repeat. 
    There is no "I habited to play this way so make event where my toon will be top 1"  
    You need to change and adapt if you want to win something. Or  just buy it from other players who did. 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I’m saying I don’t know how it would be “fixed” because I don't know if I’d say anything is broken. I already know it’s a different approach over there. 

All I’m pointing out is that the amount of time it takes to get 1 drop and get it to a bank/home compared to how many drops you can get on another shard is very disproportionate. Seeing that it is a temporary event, I found it a better use of my time to play on a shard that isn’t siege so I can fully take advantage of the event and the drops. It’s preference for sure, which is why I can’t say anything needs to be “fixed” but it might be cool if there was a way for it to be more worthwhile on Siege. 

Overall, It’s not much of a concern for me. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    No Bag of Sending on Siege?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    Bilbo said:
    LMAO Shakes head and walks away, it's back.
    See the source image
    just make sure your scroll button is actually set to scroll and just roll on by . . .
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited July 2021
    Gwen said:
    dvvid said:

Fixed like how? You can   do this event with PVP template. Or with naked template, trying to kill stuff, siege-bless one drop and run to turn it in. Rinse and repeat. 
    There is no "I habited to play this way so make event where my toon will be top 1"  
    You need to change and adapt if you want to win something. Or  just buy it from other players who did. 
    You have not explained, though, why the "Diminishing Returns code" which was conceived against Trammel ruleset farmers, would be something "needed" for the Siege and Mugen.

I have a guess..... because there is ZERO reason for this code to exist on Siege and Mugen since, on those Shards, due to being PvP ruleset and not having insurance, farming is not an issue or, at the very least, nowhere comparable to the issue that it is on the Trammel ruleset.

Now, why then to have this code which penalizes further players on these 2 particular Shards when it is not needed there to start with ?

Because it obviously makes life easier to Pkillers who can now more easily find their Targets in those Dungeons hosting the "Treasures of...." type of Events since their Targets, due to that code, have to stay visible, and are forced to have to move around and change targets all over the place ?

Never thought that, if one subset of players is having it easy, the Pkillers, then the other subset of players, their PvM targets, might be having it harder, as I seem to understand from Goldie's Post ?

He/she did mention that, when frustrated, he/she goes to enjoy the Event on Atlantic....

Is it hard to think that, perhaps, just perhaps, just like Goldie, there may be other players on those Shards, incapacitated to enjoy these "Treasure of...." type of Events, by the Design which badly applies to the particular ruleset of those 2 Shards (the Diminishing Returns code which I am suggesting to deactivate for those 2 Shards), who may then "migrate" to Production Shards to enjoy these "Treasures of...." style of Events and, who knows, perhaps not go back to Siege and Mugen for good, then, or, even stop playing althougether UO ?

Is it really this that people want ? To see Ultima Online further loose players' base ?

Because, as I said, players react to Design choices and if those Design choices make their drops plummet to 1 an hour, I do not see what the point would be to play the game....

I mean, seriously ?

Spend 200 real time hours farming to get an item ? It is totally unreasonable, to my opinion.

Under those conditions, it is much better to stop playing althougether, at that point, and move to go play something else. And then Ultima Online further looses players' base....
    edited July 2021
    dvvid said:
    I’m saying I don’t know how it would be “fixed” because I don't know if I’d say anything is broken. I already know it’s a different approach over there. 

All I’m pointing out is that the amount of time it takes to get 1 drop and get it to a bank/home compared to how many drops you can get on another shard is very disproportionate. Seeing that it is a temporary event, I found it a better use of my time to play on a shard that isn’t siege so I can fully take advantage of the event and the drops. It’s preference for sure, which is why I can’t say anything needs to be “fixed” but it might be cool if there was a way for it to be more worthwhile on Siege. 

Overall, It’s not much of a concern for me. 
    All I’m pointing out is that the amount of time it takes to get 1 drop and get it to a bank/home compared to how many drops you can get on another shard is very disproportionate. 

This Paragraph that I highlighted, on itself, shows to me how it is dead wrong, to my viewing, to want to apply the same exact Design conceived for Trammel Ruleset Shards to Siege and Mugen Shards....

For example, since the drop rate, as reported, on those Shards is way much lower, the cost of the items on those Shards should ALSO be much lower....

If Goldie experienced a 1 drop an hour drop rate on Siege, while on Production Shards it is, like about 10 drops an hour, THEN, items on Siege and Mugen should NOT have the same cost as they have on Production Shards but, require considerable less drops...

For example, if the ratio was 1 to 10 per hour between Siege/Mugen and Production Shards, then, as an example, the Wildfire Ostard which cost 200 points on Production Shards, on Siege/Mugen should cost 20 points.... this, to make these PvM Events and the Rewards that they bring, also viable for all players on those Shards, to my opinion, so that they would not feel to go play those Event on other Shards.....

This is only an example saying that, just like the "Diminishing Returns Code" is out of place on Siege/Mugen because it was conceived and intended for the Trammel Ruleset, a much different Ruleset, LIKEWISE, it is not possible to take the cost for Reward Items conceived for Trammel Ruleset Production Shards where people can more easily farm for drops, and "flat out" apply the same cost for Reward Items on Siege and Mugen where the drop rate for artifacts during these "Treasures of.... " type of Events is abysmally lower....

This, if we want players to keep playing on those Shards and justify the upkeep and cost of them running... otherwise, as @dvvid well pointed out, he went to other Shards to enjoy the "Treasures of ...." Event, certainly did NOT do it on Siege, with that ridicolously low rate of drops, given the particular Ruleset and gameplay of that Shard....

I wonder how many "active" players there may really be on Siege and Mugen ..... I would not be surprised to learn that, all in all, perhaps there is like 20, at most 30 players logging regularly on those 2 Shards.... I cannot possibly see how such a low number of active, regular players, can EVER justify running and covering the costs for having these Shards up and running...

And if the Design of these Events is one that, when "wrongly" applied to the Siege and Mugen Ruleset,  "force" players from these Shards to have to go to other Shards, to then be able to enjoy these Events, as @Goldie and @dvvid pointed out, in the long run, these players might start asking themselves "what is the point" to play on Siege/Mugen if then, to enjoy playing PvM Events, they have to go play them elsewhere...

You want to end up seeing only 5 to 10 active players on Siege and Mugen ? Is that the end goal ?

And, at that point, I do not see how Broadsword will be able to keep justifying covering the costs to keep those Shards up, with so few players actively playing on them....

But oh well, if that is what you guys want, then be it, enjoy seeing the active players on those Shards drop down to a ridicolously low number that it would no longer be possible to justify the costs related to keep those Shards up, and they will need to be shut down, I would imagine.....

At least, that is the way that I see it.
    Yes, @popps , he\she gets 1 per hour because she\he kills not enough mobs. 
    You need to kill more stuff to get more drops. It shouldt't be paragons or any tough stuff. Rats, slimes , dogs, cant and mages work perfect. You even dont need to kill - just get yourself looting rights.  And once you got drop - Siege Bless it
    So we arrange our priorities:
    1- kill more stuff
    2- loose more when killed (better nothing)
    3- move fast

So I see this template as gagrish (flying) or human (JOAT) 20 skiill with any weapon is better than 0. Rats will not hit you. 
    with 120 Spellweaving  :  drop fairies everywhere you see a slime , put them on fire , nature fury if it is tougher mob or smb is fighting paragon. Put a reaper if you have nothing to do.  Can kill mobs on roofs.  Can heal , can self-resurrect if needed, have mana shield mastery. No LRC or gear needed. 
    100-120 resist: run naked , wear junk from corpses . You have 40 resists and  nobody can take them from you. 
    100-120 meditation
    100 Focus (all for mana regen , as much as you can stack)
    Stats- 125 STR, 125 INT , 10 Dex. Or lower STR and INT according how many powerscrolls you ate. 

other skills- as you wish. Can be hiding\stealth\ninjia . Or magery for mage weapon you loot from mob corpses. 
    This way it is possible to earn 3 or more drops per hour. You are dead- go to entrance , resurrect and repeat your journey. Got a drop - go to entrance and exchange. 
    edited July 2021
    Gwen said:
    Yes, @ popps , he\she gets 1 per hour because she\he kills not enough mobs. 
    You need to kill more stuff to get more drops. It shouldt't be paragons or any tough stuff. Rats, slimes , dogs, cant and mages work perfect. You even dont need to kill - just get yourself looting rights.  And once you got drop - Siege Bless it
    So we arrange our priorities:
    1- kill more stuff
    2- loose more when killed (better nothing)
    3- move fast

So I see this template as gagrish (flying) or human (JOAT) 20 skiill with any weapon is better than 0. Rats will not hit you. 
    with 120 Spellweaving  :  drop fairies everywhere you see a slime , put them on fire , nature fury if it is tougher mob or smb is fighting paragon. Put a reaper if you have nothing to do.  Can kill mobs on roofs.  Can heal , can self-resurrect if needed, have mana shield mastery. No LRC or gear needed. 
    100-120 resist: run naked , wear junk from corpses . You have 40 resists and  nobody can take them from you. 
    100-120 meditation
    100 Focus (all for mana regen , as much as you can stack)
    Stats- 125 STR, 125 INT , 10 Dex. Or lower STR and INT according how many powerscrolls you ate. 

other skills- as you wish. Can be hiding\stealth\ninjia . Or magery for mage weapon you loot from mob corpses. 
    This way it is possible to earn 3 or more drops per hour. You are dead- go to entrance , resurrect and repeat your journey. Got a drop - go to entrance and exchange. 
    Sure thing BUT, do you agree that, if @Kyronix was to deactivate the "Diminishing Return code" for the Siege and Mugen Ruleset, then things for players on those Shards would improve, at least a little, thus giving them LESS reasons to have to go to Production Shards in order to enjoy these "Treasure of.... "type of PvM Events ?

I mean, farming is NOT an issue on Siege and Mugen, given their Ruleset or, at least, not "such" an issue that it is on Trammel Ruleset, Production Shards.

Therefore, I do not see the point to keep code which was conceived and meant to counter farming on Trammel Ruleset, on Shards like Siege and Mugen which do not have this issue.

Especially, when deactivating such code could help players there, to have a few more drops per hour and, thus, reduce the need to be aggravated by that Ruleset in their gameplay and feel the need to abandon those Shards in order to enjoy these PvM Events.

Also, the cost for the Reward items on Siege and Mugen should, to my opinion, considering the much lower drop rate there, be significantly reduced. Besides, being Siege and Mugen "no Transfer" Shards to and from Production Shards, having a different cost for Reward items for these "Treasures of.... " types of Events, would do no harm at all since items could not be transferred anyways.

It ain't possible, to my opinion, to have a Mirrored Design that was conceived and thought for Trammel ruleset, Production Shards, "flat out alike" be then applied for Siege and Mugen when gameplay (and drop rates) there, are so much different and lower....
    @popps diminishing returns occurs when you kill the same type mob over and over.

Being hidden gives you a smaller chance for drops. Does Siege need a bunch of hidden tamers? 

You can teleport onto the roofs of buildings and hide. Where many area spells will not reveal you.

Why don't you let Siege players decide how they want to play.
  • GoldieGoldie Posts: 142
    hi thanks for replays :)

Diminishing returns how it works and how long a para stays a para.  Thats the information I was asking for.   

there is a few pieces of good info here that I read ty  :)

I am a stealth ninji tamer, I stealth around beginning of the dungeon area and my pet kills stuff, I do not want to change this.  I like seige and the way things are, I have no problem with the rule set, I just don't pvp. 
      I kill slow this way cause when you spend time hiding and sneaking around to get drops trying not to get killed by a pk at the same time i get a drop cause my pet is busy killing something or just did. 

No No the way the events are I like and I enjoy them, if I didn't like it like I said I'd just play on Atlantic in tram.  

bad of sending can't be seige blessed, So I would lose it every time I get pked. 
    no recall and gate out of dungeons on seige so have to walk in and walk out front entrance.

Niniji tamer in Wolf form for run speed and a little extra health :)

Please don't change anything about seige rule set for these events I don't want them gone.  I like them.  I don't think the devs will have seige events different then the rest of UO. I am not asking for any change.

Some people go to these events on seige also not just me and pkers, I did see one person once and another time I saw another person trying to get drops.  Moments do happen where a pker is busy else were :)

sorry for long post again :)  Thank you
    edited July 2021
    Goldie said:
    I did see one person once and another time I saw another person trying to get drops.  
    Wow, I must say that I am impressed at how popular these "Treasures of...." type of Events are on Siege... you saw one person once, and another at some other time and then for the rest pkillers ?

I do not know if it is the extremely deadliness of those PvP ruleset Shards or if it is that these PvM Events are not popular there, but only looking at the participation for even the lowest populated Production Shards, there is definitely more then one player once and another player at some other time on Production Shards... there is multiple people attenting these Event and that, 24/7, on Production Shards...

If things are that bad on Siege, with such a scarce participation, it looks to me that something must be wrong otherwise, one would imagine, the participation of players to the Event, also there, would be much higher as what you describe...

But if you like it that way, more power to you, that does not mean that it is necessarily good for the Shard.... participation is what makes it good for the Shard and helps to pay for the running costs, not emptiness.... me thinks.
    @popps the way you want to change things on Siege, someone might actually think you played there.  Now you find out all those paragraphs of players killing everybody were false..
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Sometimes I wonder if he plays any shard has anyone ever met him in game  :p
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    Sometimes I wonder if he plays any shard has anyone ever met him in game  :p
    He plays the boards, not the game. 

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    @popps if all the pvm players get together, they can defend themselves from pks. Then they dont need to hide. This game was meant to be multiplayer, and seige forces that further by limiting 1 char per account.
    Let's just leave Siege the F88k alone, it's fine just like it is.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Let's just leave Siege the F88k alone, it's fine just like it is.
    A Fing men

If you do not want to play in Fel only no insurance then stay the hell out and leave SP alone.