new spawn reward !!

13»

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,061
    edited May 2021
    I've had this issue too. I don't get them every time from the first (or second) spawn of the day. I've gotten several on the same char but I have yet to get more than 1 a day. There were a few days where I didn't get them until a few runs in. 

Also for what it's worth I've gotten a page from the first 3 levels spawn. I haven't received anything from the 4th level though. 

This is why I was saying there really should be like a 50/50 chance to get a page from the champ so it encourage people to keep working the event. Today I got my lore page on my second run this morning so I'm done running the spawn on that char today. I might try on another char if enough people are working it.

I'd imagine the Devs didn't want us to walk away from new content less than a week into it but that's what appears to be happening on a few shards.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    you can get one page a day I'm 99% sure it happens in second round with controllers( i even got a compassion sage this morning!) and golems 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    That's how the cubes and statues were. 
    The drop mechanic seems un explainable.
    You just have to do the spawn a lot.

I found that doing the first round each day would get me drops better than anything else.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    As an experiment i made a new char to see how long it would take to get looting rights i played between 2 and 5 hours at a time and took 3 days from total new archer to looting rights i did both the earring quest and worked spawn that's it no going to good normal spots to train(which i asume a new player wouldn't know about anyway)
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Has anyone gotten more than one page on the same char in the same day? This might save a lot of people a lot of time/frustration if we know this.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    keven2002 said:
    Has anyone gotten more than one page on the same char in the same day? This might save a lot of people a lot of time/frustration if we know this.
    I believe I had two characters who did, but only when they killed the boss between spawns.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    It seems like 1 per day. 
  • ActionEllyActionElly Posts: 156
    Okay, I'm going to go with 1 a day and you have to do it quite a few times. I wish it was how many you killed instead though.
    Yea I did the spawn 4 times yday (only twice was start to finish... didn't join until level 3 two other times) and didn't get anything. 

Anyone know if in game luck has anything to do with it?
    Do the spawn when it begins.  Luckily Players on LS have been finishing it.  Set a timer for 30 min. Get there at the start of the spawn.  When you get a Page, change toons.  I got 3 from the first level today on 3 toons.  

I think this is only the 4th day I have been able to play since it began:

By trading I got all 13 pages.

Each day when you log on, go to the spawn and if reverted to the first level you have a good chance of getting a drop.  When you get a drop, change accounts or toons and go till you are bored.  I stop at level 2.  I rarely get a drop past level 2.

That is the method I have used on all 3 of these Dynamic Spawns.

Somedays you get nothing tho.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,245
    I'm not getting a drop a day. I've only got 1 page so far on my main character and then I got 1 drop on another character. I tried different characters because I started thinking that it might be 1 drop per character but after reading here I'm trying again on my main.

I did a full run start to finish and killed the boss but still didn't get a drop so I'm confused. :s

I'm getting a really low drop rate also - 1 every few days. I try lots of characters, lot of spawns, different shards. I also don't see how this is working, when it happens it often appears to be in the first minute or two of a spawn against the easiest monsters, then that's it. Also, a couple of times for me, it's when I took on about 100 mobs right at the start, and died to them... it appeared in my backpack when I ressed.

Pawain said:
    Do the spawn when it begins.  Luckily Players on LS have been finishing it.  Set a timer for 30 min. Get there at the start of the spawn.  When you get a Page, change toons.  I got 3 from the first level today on 3 toons.  

Each day when you log on, go to the spawn and if reverted to the first level you have a good chance of getting a drop.  When you get a drop, change accounts or toons and go till you are bored.  I stop at level 2.  I rarely get a drop past level 2.

Congrats on getting all 13 pages. How long did you play when you got 3 in one day? I'm assuming it wasn't all within the same time frame (perhaps it was over the course of many hours)? 
    edited May 2021
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:

Congrats on getting all 13 pages. How long did you play when you got 3 in one day? I'm assuming it wasn't all within the same time frame (perhaps it was over the course of many hours)? 
    It was during the first and second level of a spawn I started myself. As soon as a toon got a drop I took him out and brought another in. 3 other players joined the spawn and 2 said they got a page. So that spawn had at least 5 drop.

I have enough toons that I do not try for multiple pages on the same one in one day.
    I might be crazy on this but I think there might be some logic around limiting the pages for chars that do the spawn throughout the day (and perhaps multiple days) or maybe even something against sampires. This is a total guess and might be wrong. Sorry for the novel below but I wanted to outline my experience and see if anyone had similar experiences. 

I decided to dedicate my entire morning yesterday to doing the Abomination champ spawn so I grabbed my sampire and went to work (on ATL) first thing. I joined the spawn mid-way but I hadn't killed the champ in a few days so I wanted to kill it in case that was my "reset". I started the next 3 spawns from the start (actually there as it restarted). I worked the first 2 of the 3 the entire way (killing the champ too) and the third I left after the 3rd round. I must have killed over a thousand things within those spawns and no drop. I was a bit unmotivated after that so I got to the 4th champ spawn during mid second spawn and worked until level 4 and still nothing. At that point my jewelry and weapon needed repairs so I went home to grab my crafter and fix things up and that's when I switched to my tamer because I was tired of beating up my armor for no return. I hadn't used my tamer on the spawn since day 1 of the event. I started the next spawn mid level 1 and within 2 minutes of running around casting EQ I had a page pop in my pack. I recalled out and grabbed my mage/weaver (which I've never used on the spawn) and by the time the spawn went to level 3 he had a page too. I thought maybe it was the spawn so I switched back to my sampire to finish the spawn (level 3) but no luck there. It wasn't until the next spawn that my sampire finally got a page; this was his 6th spawn that he did. 

It could just be RNG and weird timing but I thought it was a bit curious that the char I use the most (sampire) on a daily basis to do the spawn took 6 spawns to eventually get a drop (around 6 hours) whereas within the first 5-10min at the spawn the chars I haven't used at all in the last week get a drop.

Has anyone else tested this theory??
    I spent at least 5 hours on the Sonoma spawn and got 1 page on my tamer. With 9 players on the boss it took us an hour to kill it.

I spent a few hours on LS and got none on my tamers.

No matter what type toon. I have better luck with pages if I am there when the spawn begins. 

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 778
    edited June 2021
    For standard champ spawns, seems there is a limit of about 5-6 pink drops per spawn?

So, it wouldn't be surprising if a given abomination spawn (from start of spawn to death of boss) only yields at most 5-6 lore book page drops.  The lore page drops might replace the pink drops in the champ logic.

One problem is that many people abandon a spawn without completing it, and you can be left with a spawn that advances and reverts all day long (without killing the boss) as not enough forward progress is made.  Not many page drops in a given day that way.

For standard champ spawns, seems there is a limit of about 5-6 pink drops per spawn?

So, it wouldn't be surprising if a given abomination spawn (from start of spawn to death of boss) only yields at most 5-6 lore book page drops.  The lore page drops might replace the pink drops in the champ logic.

One problem is that many people abandon a spawn without completing it, and you can be left with a spawn that advances and reverts all day long (without killing the boss) as not enough forward progress is made.  Not many page drops in a given day that way.

That is actually a very possible theory. @Kyronix - Any truth to this?
    Ya pink drops seem random to me also, so maybe that's how these drops work.

At the black gate spawn, we never finished it after about week three.  But I would go there daily and still get cube drops from the orcs. But I stopped as soon as the spawn advanced.
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Anybody figured out what to do in Yukio cave (where also are orcs and monks)? How to save her?
    Entrance is via sparkles SW from new champoin spawn. 
    Gwen said:
    Anybody figured out what to do in Yukio cave (where also are orcs and monks)? How to save her?
    Entrance is via sparkles SW from new champoin spawn. 
    They just tell us about Wildfire.  We  can not enter it on LS.
    Yea I think this just storyline... kind of like the blood tree for the last champ spawn in Ilsh. There were all sorts of people to talk to but ultimately they didn't actually do anything. If I remember correctly I think those monks had prisoners too.

I tested this theory twice and not sure if it's true. I went to a dead shard to work the champ spawn uninterrupted on my necro and worked it for 45min (level 1 & 2) without a drop. It's possible someone else worked it earlier so I thought that was why.

This morning I logged on to ATL at server up (spawn restarts) and worked it for 30min on my sampire killing everything in sight. There were 3 other people that came along maybe 10min into it but my understanding is that nobody gets multiple pages per spawn. They eventually left mid level 2 and I stayed to work it up to level 3 but never got a page. 
    edited June 2021
    keven2002 said:

I tested this theory twice and not sure if it's true. I went to a dead shard to work the champ spawn uninterrupted on my necro and worked it for 45min (level 1 & 2) without a drop. It's possible someone else worked it earlier so I thought that was why.

This morning I logged on to ATL at server up (spawn restarts) and worked it for 30min on my sampire killing everything in sight. There were 3 other people that came along maybe 10min into it but my understanding is that nobody gets multiple pages per spawn. They eventually left mid level 2 and I stayed to work it up to level 3 but never got a page. 

You can definitely have standard champ spawns with no pinks dropping.  (I think 5-6 is approx the max).

I started an ATL abomination champ today from the start.  Two times, got drops; no drop for one instance.  Only 2-3 others there for the case where none dropped.

Probably need a few cooperating players or a guild to confirm the number of pages that drop for a given spawn.

If there is a limit of number of page drops for a given champ instance, that puts this logic on par with the invasion mage general drop logic, especially for shards with a very tough champ...  Something I thought the developers wanted to avoid  - with new content.
    edited June 2021
    I got 3 drops today from a reverted spawn.  I got 3 on Tuesday.  Traded them for 2 earrings.

I'm trying the every other day method.  Since we have a boss that insta kills everything, we hardly ever kill the boss.  You know when we are trying because someone yells for a bard to help.  We area peace it over and over so it does not kill everyone.  Since it restores HP 3 times it takes a long time for the Rabbit to die.
    edited June 2021
    Pawain said:
    I got 3 drops today from a reverted spawn.  I got 3 on Tuesday.  Traded them for 2 earrings.

I'm trying the every other day method.  Since we have a boss that insta kills everything, we hardly ever kill the boss.  You know when we are trying because someone yells for a bard to help.  We area peace it over and over so it does not kill everyone.  Since it restores HP 3 times it takes a long time for the Rabbit to die.
    Re: reverted spawn...  A missing piece of info would be how many drops happened before you got a drop?  If it's a slow shard, could only be a small number before you (so some drops remained).  Did you get the three drops on the same character?

Server up spawn instance may be best for testing, on the tough champ shards.
    Might be as simple as @Kyronix letting us know how the drops work for the dynamic spawn...
    keven2002 said:
    Might be as simple as @ Kyronix letting us know how the drops work for the dynamic spawn...
    I doubt we're going to see a developer reply on this.  Why?  Because it's likely tied in with farming reduction game mechanics.

From my observations, the following are holding true:
    1. You can have spawn instances where zero pages drop for any players.  The probability for this happening is unknown.  50/50 is a guess at the moment.
    2. It seems the fewer the people at the spawn, the slower the drop rate (more work/time is required).  This is also consistent with the champ spawn advancement rate changing based on player activity at the spawn.  
    3. There indeed appears to be a fixed number of page drops per spawn (spawn being defined as start of spawn to death of boss). Unfortunately, pinning this number down is difficult, as other players don't consistently share this data.  It seems the range of 5-6 is about right, though somebody else indicated it's 8.  As the server is likely tracking "award" state for the spawn, it's likely been kept at a small number, so 8 wouldn't be surprising.
    4. If you're on a shard with a very tough boss, with low overall player participation later in the day, your best bet is to show up at server up, and take on that spawn.

Some redundancy in this thread:
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/8840/

Something else to add:
    5. There may be a per character drop cooldown timer.  Best guess is about 8 hours, or it may flip around midnight GMT.