Ej and Blue Beetles , DONT GET OFF OF THEM !!!

13»

Comments

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Ivenor said:
    MissE said:
    Mervyn said:
    I just do not understand what people are going so crazy over.

They've said you can play for free with the following restrictions :
    Use Pack Animals

Yes 
    Yes, but may not mount pack animals with items in their pack.

And most people would think absolutely nothing of this, but a couple of people are making out that everyone has stored some kind of valuables in their blue beetle.

I mean lets take a step back and think about things. Who has stored anything valuable in a blue beetle, ever? And even if say for some strange reason 3 people did, would these items from 10 years ago still be valuable?

What exactly are we talking about here, who are these people who have stored event items in their blue beetles? who are they? and do we need them?

And lets say they did store event rares in their blue beetles, there's nothing stopping them from moving them from the blue beetle to their backpack..

I really feel sorry for people who are following certain people on facebook here.
    When I quit UO for two years in 2009, I packed up 3 castles that had the full storage upgrade on them and 2 max 18/18 luna plots into characters bankboxes, backpacks and beetles.  EVERY single character was FULL.  Even then I still gave a way a LOT of stuff, ask the people on oceania, when I left i went round putting all manner of nice things in peoples letterboxes, heritage tokens, all sorts of stuff. 

Since I returned I have opened 3 accounts and now have 2 Castles and a Max 18x18 luna plot on Oceania, and since playing siege I have obtained a Castle, a Keep and max 18x18 on Malas.

On the two accounts still closed, I have reopened one when I needed to house hold once, and the character that placed had to be gated to an exisiting house so I could unload it to 'move' as the char was pretty much overweight and stuck in luna inn.  All other chars on that account and the other are on beetles and due to the fact the heavy stuff has to go in the bank, a lot of rares are on either the character or in the beetle. 

Just because you don't see a need doesn't mean lot of people don't.  My two guildies who went to play WOW also did the same, packed up castles and max plots onto chars and beetles.  On one char you can store  175+125+125 = a max of 425 items (assuming you were fully empty to start with). To pack a castle which has 7500 lockdowns you would need technically 17 characters.  On an account that has 7 that is 10 chars short. So yeah there are LOTS of accounts out there that have characters packed to the gils with stuff. 

I can see a lot of people logging in to check it out, jumping off their beetles to see whats inside them and then having a nasty shock when they realise they can't jump back on. 

Sorry, but did you pay your subs when not actively playing? If yes, and you still pay now what is the problem? If not... IMO one should be grateful to still have ANY stuff preserved: I don't remeber that was wrote anywhere that, besiede the 90 days of "grace" period after stop paying for a sub, there were a warranty of stuff preservation for inactive accounts...
    Why would I pay subs when not actively playing, why would I bother even packing up my stuff if the intent was to never come back?  Sorry but the reason people 'pack up' is to actually keep their stuff on the off chance of coming back.  I reopened 3/5 accounts which I pay for every month, when I had the 5 accounts open I also paid EVERY month for those, not every 90 days like some.  I gave my castles and luna plots to friends instead of selling them for rl dollars which I was offered but declined. I also had an agreement with one of the friends to have a castle returned to me if I returned seeing as I gave them 2 castles and a luna spot. 

If I go back to 'wow'  all my stuff is there as well, as I left it.  Frankly if I had to lose all my stuff then I would NEVER have even come back. 

The reason people pack up is that it has always been the case that it is preserved if you come back, guarantee you if it wasnt the case and people had to start from scratch the majority of returnees wouldn't bother returning.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited April 2018
    MissE said:
    Ivenor said:
    MissE said:
    Mervyn said:
    I just do not understand what people are going so crazy over.

They've said you can play for free with the following restrictions :
    Use Pack Animals

Yes 
    Yes, but may not mount pack animals with items in their pack.

And most people would think absolutely nothing of this, but a couple of people are making out that everyone has stored some kind of valuables in their blue beetle.

I mean lets take a step back and think about things. Who has stored anything valuable in a blue beetle, ever? And even if say for some strange reason 3 people did, would these items from 10 years ago still be valuable?

What exactly are we talking about here, who are these people who have stored event items in their blue beetles? who are they? and do we need them?

And lets say they did store event rares in their blue beetles, there's nothing stopping them from moving them from the blue beetle to their backpack..

I really feel sorry for people who are following certain people on facebook here.
    When I quit UO for two years in 2009, I packed up 3 castles that had the full storage upgrade on them and 2 max 18/18 luna plots into characters bankboxes, backpacks and beetles.  EVERY single character was FULL.  Even then I still gave a way a LOT of stuff, ask the people on oceania, when I left i went round putting all manner of nice things in peoples letterboxes, heritage tokens, all sorts of stuff. 

Since I returned I have opened 3 accounts and now have 2 Castles and a Max 18x18 luna plot on Oceania, and since playing siege I have obtained a Castle, a Keep and max 18x18 on Malas.

On the two accounts still closed, I have reopened one when I needed to house hold once, and the character that placed had to be gated to an exisiting house so I could unload it to 'move' as the char was pretty much overweight and stuck in luna inn.  All other chars on that account and the other are on beetles and due to the fact the heavy stuff has to go in the bank, a lot of rares are on either the character or in the beetle. 

Just because you don't see a need doesn't mean lot of people don't.  My two guildies who went to play WOW also did the same, packed up castles and max plots onto chars and beetles.  On one char you can store  175+125+125 = a max of 425 items (assuming you were fully empty to start with). To pack a castle which has 7500 lockdowns you would need technically 17 characters.  On an account that has 7 that is 10 chars short. So yeah there are LOTS of accounts out there that have characters packed to the gils with stuff. 

I can see a lot of people logging in to check it out, jumping off their beetles to see whats inside them and then having a nasty shock when they realise they can't jump back on. 

Sorry, but did you pay your subs when not actively playing? If yes, and you still pay now what is the problem? If not... IMO one should be grateful to still have ANY stuff preserved: I don't remeber that was wrote anywhere that, besiede the 90 days of "grace" period after stop paying for a sub, there were a warranty of stuff preservation for inactive accounts...
    Why would I pay subs when not actively playing, why would I bother even packing up my stuff if the intent was to never come back?  Sorry but the reason people 'pack up' is to actually keep their stuff on the off chance of coming back.  I reopened 3/5 accounts which I pay for every month, when I had the 5 accounts open I also paid EVERY month for those, not every 90 days like some.  I gave my castles and luna plots to friends instead of selling them for rl dollars which I was offered but declined. I also had an agreement with one of the friends to have a castle returned to me if I returned seeing as I gave them 2 castles and a luna spot. 

If I go back to 'wow'  all my stuff is there as well, as I left it.  Frankly if I had to lose all my stuff then I would NEVER have even come back. 

The reason people pack up is that it has always been the case that it is preserved if you come back, guarantee you if it wasnt the case and people had to start from scratch the majority of returnees wouldn't bother returning.

Plase be so kind to underline the UO general PRE-EJ TOS passage in which it is ASSURED that a player returning to the game (as EJer or as resubber) after NOT PAYING for ANY period of time over the 90 days of "House NO-IDOC-bonus" will find ANY of its Chars/Stuff, or a similar passage in ANY OTHER MMORPG TOS.
    Nothing against you personally, of course, but it seems to me that there are some irrealistic expectations about this point.
    I returned to UO after some years "leave of absence", and was favorably impressed to find my chars AND my bank box content untouched, I cryed for my lost houses & stuff in them, but I NEVER considerd myself entitled to it, considering that, as said, I DIDN'T PAY A DIME during my absence, and that preserving the data costed instead BS some money, even if a minimal amount.
    Had I returnded as a FREE PLAY EJer instead of as subber and had not found ANY of my stuff/chars, I would never have dreamed of protesting, let's figure if the only limitations were the ones that have EJ storage as it is now, but that's me of course (and, believe me, I have no problem to protest when I feel wronged... :D ).
    That said I too believe that, considering that BS de facto apparently is so kind to store the data even of closed NON PAYING accounts, EJ should include at least some amount of secure storage, even if minimal, and that the original limitation for returning ex-subbers of an "only out" access to their BB was IMO reasonable. But I don't feel entitled to it.

I.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited April 2018
    Dude you're just arguing for the sake of argument.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Dude you're just arguing for the sake of argument.
    So more or less what u normally do?  :D ;)
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    When EJ was proposed it was stated that returning players could look into their bank boxes and take stuff out but not put stuff in.  It was also stated that they would be able to rent storage vaults.  It was also stated that EJ accounts could use pack animals but it was never stated that EJ accounts could not ride blue bugs when they had items in them.  Again UO publishes something with a we will fix it later attitude and they wounder why people just shake their head and walk away.  RTB never had no restrictions and guess what people UO survived.  Without some type of storage EJ is domed from the get go.  These 3 things need to be corrected ASAP as in yesterday not SOON
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    edited April 2018
    SOON = Someday.  Problem is:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwNuQulK6N0
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Bilbo said:
    When EJ was proposed it was stated that returning players could look into their bank boxes and take stuff out but not put stuff in.  It was also stated that they would be able to rent storage vaults.  It was also stated that EJ accounts could use pack animals but it was never stated that EJ accounts could not ride blue bugs when they had items in them. 
    Probably because it's a non issue.

Anyone who has been affected by this, I will happily refund them their 1600 oak logs.

Regards
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Mervyn said:
    Bilbo said:
    When EJ was proposed it was stated that returning players could look into their bank boxes and take stuff out but not put stuff in.  It was also stated that they would be able to rent storage vaults.  It was also stated that EJ accounts could use pack animals but it was never stated that EJ accounts could not ride blue bugs when they had items in them. 
    Probably because it's a non issue.

Anyone who has been affected by this, I will happily refund them their 1600 oak logs.

Regards
    Shows you how much you know.  I guess you and the other one determines what happens in UO.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,990Moderator
    I think the message in the OP has been received.
This discussion has been closed.