Ej and Blue Beetles , DONT GET OFF OF THEM !!!

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    Seriously I am starting to wonder if they even play the game like a normal player or just fool around with godly equipment that never needs anything so they need no storage at all, but being the DEVs they have unlimited storage and weight limit in their backpacks..
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Someone please shoot me in the face. 

Some of the comments and reactions on this thread could be used for an ISIS recruitment campaign. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    LOL  Good to see UO at its best and some people will defend UO no matter what.  What colors are your POM POMs there guy?
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2018
    I just do not understand what people are going so crazy over.

They've said you can play for free with the following restrictions :
    Use Pack Animals

Yes 
    Yes, but may not mount pack animals with items in their pack.

And most people would think absolutely nothing of this, but a couple of people are making out that everyone has stored some kind of valuables in their blue beetle.

I mean lets take a step back and think about things. Who has stored anything valuable in a blue beetle, ever? And even if say for some strange reason 3 people did, would these items from 10 years ago still be valuable?

What exactly are we talking about here, who are these people who have stored event items in their blue beetles? who are they? and do we need them?

And lets say they did store event rares in their blue beetles, there's nothing stopping them from moving them from the blue beetle to their backpack..

I really feel sorry for people who are following certain people on facebook here.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Mervyn said:

Use Pack Animals

Yes 

And most people would think absolutely nothing of this, but a couple of people are making out that everyone has stored some kind of valuables in their blue beetle.

I mean lets take a step back and think about things. Who has stored anything valuable in a blue beetle, ever? And even if say for some strange reason 3 people did, would these items from 10 years ago still be valuable?

What exactly are we talking about here, who are these people who have stored event items in their blue beetles? who are they? and do we need them?

And lets say they did store event rares in their blue beetles, there's nothing stopping them from moving them from the blue beetle to their backpack..

I really feel sorry for people who are following certain people on facebook here.
    This time I totally agree with you. Unique... :D ;)
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    quite a lot of people packed up their account by loading as much of their items as they could into bank boxes and blue beetles, logging all characters out sitting on a beetle. However I'm thinking that people who considered all they'd stored to be precious in this way will either re-sub to retrieve it or simply not come back. Most would not expect to actually play while riding full beetles.
    It does not matter what is stored in them it is the simple fact that it ment something to the person closing an account and the whole idea of EJ was to try to get people to test out UO again and hopefully to get some more subs but again but again UO puts out an unfinished product and for all the POM POM crowd go throw away all your stuff right now because according top you it means nothing.  As far as the blue bug goes that restriction was added later to the list, it was not there at the beginning.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    In their infinite wisdom, the devs probably think everyone will panic and they can force/coerce them into pay $$ per month or whatever for a storage unit.  that was discussed.  It's all gonna lead up to a final money grab, most of us have seen that coming
    But the harsh reality is, most who try, will say screw this and just forget UO once again

Sadly @Uriah_Heep you are correct.  People will log in and see what a joke this is and log right back out.  BS/UO had a great opportunity to do something nice and blew it by releasing a half done product again.
    edited April 2018
    Half finished this, badly programmed that, blah blah blah.
    One question: If UO is this crap, why you waste you precious time playing it?
    Friends are still here...when they go, nothing else will keep me here as it is.  Plus we hold out hope that someday they will get it right
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    I'm sorry but there is no better game than UO out there, what are you gonna do? Complain that you're allowed to play for free with restrictions? Look EJ is for people new to the game, not for vets who wanna play for free with no restrictions. Quit being cheap and pay the sub instead of wasting ur time watching Netflix. Jesus u people are dramatic, if its so important to you, pay the sub like every other vet who has access to the things that matter in the game. 
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    Really you are shocked that Broadsword is running UO to hopefully turn a profit and not just provide you with free game play? 

I don't KNOW what the intent of EJ is but it seem to me to be an easy way for people to come back and see what has changed as well as letting new player get their feet wet for free. 
    Not for long term play.

The old trial accounts were being used for many other things then intended. I know I did on occasion.  EJ with its limits on storage solve that problem from Broadsword's point of view with out eating into the existing player $ base. If you have extra accounts for storage and or extra houses are you switching them to EJ accounts?
    Note the restrictions on interaction to house storage (Drop logs/ingots (and other stackable items) on a locked down pile No) as an example.

PS before you claim I just a UO fan boy read my posts on Power Scrolls.
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    edited April 2018
    I have no intention of using EJ accounts for myself, even though I know several of my old closed accounts are now eligible to be used as EJ accounts. However, I certainly don't feel that I was out of line to MESSAGE (not a public post for all to read as some people here seem to think) three people that I used to play UO with to give them a warning that if they logged into their old accounts to check out UO under Endless Journey they would end up losing items stored in blue beetles if they didn't intend to pay for a subscription at this time. I have no idea if any of those three people did log out with loaded blue beetles and what they might have put in them. Knowing those people and the time when they quit playing--late 2005 to early 2006--they don't have any EM rares because there was no active EM program at that time and none of them were big-time, rich collectors anyway. I doubt any of them even had an account updated for more than 125 bank storage or seven characters on a shard.

I have not made any posts here derogatory to the development team. I don't think I've been a whiny snot about this either. I'm just trying to be realistic and post feedback that I hope is helpful to someone else, including the dev team. If their intention was to try to encourage old-time players to return, I'm not really sure they thought through some of the consequences of the EJ restrictions. Unfortunately, I really don't know what else they can do at this point that won't also open the door to people opening a lot of free accounts that they will never pay for.

It almost seems like they should limit EJ to brand new accounts and consider doing a Return to Britannia type of program (i.e., no housing possible) a few times per year, maybe for just 5 days or a week at a time, for old, non-trial/non-EJ accounts so ex-players can activate those accounts during that time to do some running around and exploring and see if they want to re-sub again.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    Margrette said:
    I have no intention of using EJ accounts for myself, even though I know several of my old closed accounts are now eligible to be used as EJ accounts. However, I certainly don't feel that I was out of line to MESSAGE (not a public post for all to read as some people here seem to think) three people that I used to play UO with to give them a warning that if they logged into their old accounts to check out UO under Endless Journey they would end up losing items stored in blue beetles if they didn't intend to pay for a subscription at this time. I have no idea if any of those three people did log out with loaded blue beetles and what they might have put in them. Knowing those people and the time when they quit playing--late 2005 to early 2006--they don't have any EM rares because there was no active EM program at that time and none of them were big-time, rich collectors anyway. I doubt any of them even had an account updated for more than 125 bank storage or seven characters on a shard.

I have not made any posts here derogatory to the development team. I don't think I've been a whiny snot about this either. I'm just trying to be realistic and post feedback that I hope is helpful to someone else, including the dev team. If their intention was to try to encourage old-time players to return, I'm not really sure they thought through some of the consequences of the EJ restrictions. Unfortunately, I really don't know what else they can do at this point that won't also open the door to people opening a lot of free accounts that they will never pay for.

It almost seems like they should limit EJ to brand new accounts and consider doing a Return to Britannia type of program (i.e., no housing possible) a few times per year, maybe for just 5 days or a week at a time, for old, non-trial/non-EJ accounts so ex-players can activate those accounts during that time to do some running around and exploring and see if they want to re-sub again.
    That is not correct.  If you log out in a safe place, your pet will log off also.  The beetle will not just sit there until it goes wild.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    That is not correct.  If you log out in a safe place, your pet will log off also.  The beetle will not just sit there until it goes wild.

When did it change that an unmounted blue beetle with items in its pack will log out when its owner logs out in a safe place?
    edited April 2018
    Pawain said: 
     I just tested this and what you said does not seem to be true. Dropped some muffins in a blue beetle and logged the owner out standing while both were at an inn. The blue beetle is still standing there while the owner is logged out.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    Yes that is correct, a pack animal with items in it's pack will NOT auto-log with you..EVER.

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    HAte to tell them but EJ died shortly after birth.  Was at the bank in another game this morning watching a group of folks talking about UO's EJ and what joke it is.  SO WOM Mouth is working, just not as the Dev team would like for it to :) 
    No looking into Bank Boxes to see what is there, no blue bugs and no rented storage.  3 things that was there in the beginning that have been removed/changed.
    They should have received the basic 125 bank.  And been able to rent the increased storage that we all bought.

But nope...yeah this is DOA
    Larisa said:
    Yes that is correct, a pack animal with items in it's pack will NOT auto-log with you..EVER.

Even if you log in on another toon?  That doesn't sound right.  So much for autostable.
    Ok They do stay and you can log in another toon.  I dont use them for storage so Ill move on outta this thread.
  • Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    *Taps pipe emptying the ash on the bottom of his boot. Reaching into a little pouch at his belt he pulls another pinch of Occlo Tabac and fills his pipe.*

Seems I read a tremendous amount of posts alerting the Devs to all the reasons an EJ account could be used as a scripted everything. That the Scripters were going to have a field day with these accounts and that the Devs should do everything they could to prevent that. 

Oh what a ridiculous thing to launch EJ it will be a Scripters heaven.  

Well you have been heard. How about acknowledging that. They provided you with a way for friends to check out the game updates and in a way to severely hamper a Scripter.

No bank access, no storage, no dropping into containers, etc.....

Maybe the community should make a not to be careful for what they ask for. I see the same people complaining about both issues.

EJ Accounts are not designed for you to be able to access all the items you stored when you logged out. They are designed for you to check out the new content and play if you are new. Eventually subbing

If you are a Vet to check out the new content and resub quickly if you like it. 

If you decide not to resub, well you could care less about your items anyway and most will quickly find them outdated as well. 

*Finishing the packing of his pipe he selects a small firebrand from the fire and holds it to the end of his pipe. A few puffs he set the fire brand back and sits back into his chair to enjoy his Occlo Tabac* 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Mervyn said:

Use Pack Animals

Yes 

When I quit UO for two years in 2009, I packed up 3 castles that had the full storage upgrade on them and 2 max 18/18 luna plots into characters bankboxes, backpacks and beetles.  EVERY single character was FULL.  Even then I still gave a way a LOT of stuff, ask the people on oceania, when I left i went round putting all manner of nice things in peoples letterboxes, heritage tokens, all sorts of stuff. 

Since I returned I have opened 3 accounts and now have 2 Castles and a Max 18x18 luna plot on Oceania, and since playing siege I have obtained a Castle, a Keep and max 18x18 on Malas.

On the two accounts still closed, I have reopened one when I needed to house hold once, and the character that placed had to be gated to an exisiting house so I could unload it to 'move' as the char was pretty much overweight and stuck in luna inn.  All other chars on that account and the other are on beetles and due to the fact the heavy stuff has to go in the bank, a lot of rares are on either the character or in the beetle. 

Just because you don't see a need doesn't mean lot of people don't.  My two guildies who went to play WOW also did the same, packed up castles and max plots onto chars and beetles.  On one char you can store  175+125+125 = a max of 425 items (assuming you were fully empty to start with). To pack a castle which has 7500 lockdowns you would need technically 17 characters.  On an account that has 7 that is 10 chars short. So yeah there are LOTS of accounts out there that have characters packed to the gils with stuff. 

I can see a lot of people logging in to check it out, jumping off their beetles to see whats inside them and then having a nasty shock when they realise they can't jump back on. 

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    So if you log in as an old Vet and decide to pack it up again pay your one month sub and secure your future. 

Think of it like paying for insurance. 

If you read the options there shouldn't be all this drama. 

What is provided for EJ is a direct result of Veteran Players comments and demands to the Devs. 

Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,407
    Just wondering 

say someone comes back and is on a beetle and decides to re-activite the account to get items from the beetle or bank, do they have to wait 90 or 180 days just to come back again as an EJ account ? 
    Skett said:
    Just wondering 

say someone comes back and is on a beetle and decides to re-activite the account to get items from the beetle or bank, do they have to wait 90 or 180 days just to come back again as an EJ account ? 

Yup they have to wait.
    edited April 2018
    MissE said:
    Mervyn said:

Use Pack Animals

Yes 

When I quit UO for two years in 2009, I packed up 3 castles that had the full storage upgrade on them and 2 max 18/18 luna plots into characters bankboxes, backpacks and beetles.  EVERY single character was FULL.  Even then I still gave a way a LOT of stuff, ask the people on oceania, when I left i went round putting all manner of nice things in peoples letterboxes, heritage tokens, all sorts of stuff. 

Since I returned I have opened 3 accounts and now have 2 Castles and a Max 18x18 luna plot on Oceania, and since playing siege I have obtained a Castle, a Keep and max 18x18 on Malas.

On the two accounts still closed, I have reopened one when I needed to house hold once, and the character that placed had to be gated to an exisiting house so I could unload it to 'move' as the char was pretty much overweight and stuck in luna inn.  All other chars on that account and the other are on beetles and due to the fact the heavy stuff has to go in the bank, a lot of rares are on either the character or in the beetle. 

Just because you don't see a need doesn't mean lot of people don't.  My two guildies who went to play WOW also did the same, packed up castles and max plots onto chars and beetles.  On one char you can store  175+125+125 = a max of 425 items (assuming you were fully empty to start with). To pack a castle which has 7500 lockdowns you would need technically 17 characters.  On an account that has 7 that is 10 chars short. So yeah there are LOTS of accounts out there that have characters packed to the gils with stuff. 

I can see a lot of people logging in to check it out, jumping off their beetles to see whats inside them and then having a nasty shock when they realise they can't jump back on. 

Sorry, but did you pay your subs when not actively playing? If yes, and you still pay now what is the problem? If not... IMO one should be grateful to still have ANY stuff preserved: I don't remeber that was wrote anywhere that, besiede the 90 days of "grace" period after stop paying for a sub, there were a warranty of stuff preservation for inactive accounts...
This discussion has been closed.