Fix for 2H swing animation while mounted in classic client?

Greetings all, I am a longtime UO player who recently returned to the game to check out new things that have been added.  Much to my dismay it appears that the 2H swinging animation in the classic client is still broken, in that the character swings the arm that isn't holding the weapon.

Is there any way to fix this?  I would greatly appreciate any input.

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    As it is a cosmetic fix it is prob. very low on the priority list.
  • Agreed it should be fixed. It's surprisingly immersion-breaking. I long had tried to not pay attention to things like this, but seeing the brand new systems being done for a shard that doesn't even exist yet has really raised the bar for me.
    So this is the new catch phrase "surprisingly immersion-breaking"  So my miner swing a spell book while digging because you do not need to equip a shovel to dig ore with should be "surprisingly immersion-breaking", LOL Walks away shaking head.  
  • It would be nice to have both actually.  But the 2h animation "should" be a simple fix, I would think.  I know it used to work prior to AoS.   The last time I asked about a fix for this issue was about ten years ago.   It may be a low priority, but I was really hoping it would be fixed by now.  Like JohnKnighthawke said, it's really immersion-breaking and it severely reduces my enjoyment of the game.

I really miss riding into combat on my lumberjack=swordsman and seeing him swing his axe high over head, bringing it crashing down on his enemies.  Was really satisfying to see :(

I tried the enhanced client, but it's just not enjoyable for me, and the animation in that client is just odd.

Broadsword, if you are watching this:  If you can fix this animation, I pledge to spend $1000 in the EA store on UO items.  I am 100% serious, and you can hold me to it.   Anyone else wanna pledge to help get this fixed?
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2021
    Maybe a suggestion voting system will provide better transparency as to what players want most. One credit card, one vote or follow forum account . It may not mean the Dev need to stick with this but to balance effort vs reward (player base happiness index).

Example is upvote.

Have a link in the game to voting page.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Whatever it takes to get bug fixes to actually happen, I fully support. 
    edited April 2021
    dvvid said:
    Whatever it takes to get bug fixes to actually happen, I fully support. 

Hmm, bugs. Maybe I got it wrong.
    • Bugs should be classified as critical, major and minor. So my guess is cosmetics are normally lowest in priority under "minor". This should not need a vote since Dev might have a long list to deal depending on urgency, including exploits. They have limited manpower.
    • Feature and item suggestions should have a dedicated page or site for voting up, including those for PVP, event items, rewards, etc. It needs to be accessible from within the game, as not every players visit forum. Its just vote, no noise, argument, flaming, war, locks, etc etc etc.

edited April 2021
    Have a set location in Brit and place ballot boxes with books stating whatever and let the voting begin.  1 paid account = 1 vote and the account has to be 30 days+ active to prevent people from opening just to vote.
    edited April 2021
    Bilbo said:
    Have a set location in Brit and place ballot boxes with books stating whatever and let the voting begin.  1 paid account = 1 vote and the account has to be 30 days+ active to prevent people from opening just to vote.

Yeah, as long as the game Dev (Bleak) has the time for this. The advantage of using a website, means we do not have to rely on Bleak, so he can focus his time on the coding (and prevent more bugs) :D

My idea is just a simple link button on the login page like the Account button, or even simpler is an additional link in the popup game menu.

@Malystryx997 sorry for the slight digress, but there are already some other similar feedback under bugs section already, and we agree with your point.
    Just a link does not work unless there is a login in process to go with it to ensure that only valid accounts are casting votes and I mean paid accounts only.
    Bilbo said:
    Just a link does not work unless there is a login in process to go with it to ensure that only valid accounts are casting votes and I mean paid accounts only.
    Since this forum has polling function, we just need a new category which is solely for requests and polling.

Currently, such polls are all over the place. They can all be grouped as a forum category same like bugs, skills or housing.
    Seth said:
    Bilbo said:
    Since this forum has polling function, we just need a new category which is solely for requests and polling.

Currently, such polls are all over the place. They can all be grouped as a forum category same like bugs, skills or housing.
    Voting on such things needs to be more than just the people that post here, we are just a small sampling of the UO player base.  If UO were to ever do it then it would need to go on the Log-in screen stating to go to UO Forums to cast your vote then this forum and what ever forum is used in Asia and Europe would need the same to ensure that all are given the opportunity to cast a vote.
  • I would certainly be willing to do whatever it takes on my end to help get this bug fixed.  I mean yeah, it doesn't affect function.. but it's been around for a very, very long time.  I tried making a poll, but it wont let me.
  • Bilbo said:
    So this is the new catch phrase "surprisingly immersion-breaking"  So my miner swing a spell book while digging because you do not need to equip a shovel to dig ore with should be "surprisingly immersion-breaking", LOL Walks away shaking head.  

You're the one who I called out for asserting incorrect facts a few weeks ago, right? Still mad, I see. That's ok. It works for you I guess.

Now as to the substance of the matter, it's rather sad, but quite unsurprising, to see the negative reactions to this. One problem with UO players, consistently going back years now, is that the more competitive players (who also usually are the loudest) tend to like to ridicule concerns that they don't share.
  • Bilbo said:

You're the one who I called out for asserting incorrect facts a few weeks ago, right? Still mad, I see. That's ok. It works for you I guess.

Now as to the substance of the matter, it's rather sad, but quite unsurprising, to see the negative reactions to this. One problem with UO players, consistently going back years now, is that the more competitive players (who also usually are the loudest) tend to like to ridicule concerns that they don't share.
    This game's community has always been a pretty divisive one, going way back to the early days.

I ask that we please keep this thread on topic for those of us who would really like to see some long-standing bugs, however minor they may be, fixed for the sake of every player's enjoyment of the game.

I have to imagine that there isn't anyone who wouldn't like to see this fixed.  I for one, am willing to put my money where my mouth is on the subject :)