2H mounted weapon animation broken - empty hand is swung - classic 2d client

Hello!  This bug has been around forever, but is nevertheless very annoying and immersion-breaking for players like myself.

I posted this in general, but wanted to make an actual post here.  I've been playing since the OU:Ren era, and recently returned.  I was hoping to see this bug fixed along with all of the other awesome new additions in the last few years since I played, but much to my dismay it hasn't

I know this is an old game, and there are more important things that need to be worked on, but please, I'm begging here:  for the next publish, could you please squeeze in a fix for this long-standing bug?  Thank you!

Poll attached
  1. Would you like to see this bug finally fixed in the next pub? Enough to delay something else minor?7 votes
    1. Yes, please this bug has been around a long time, and I would really like to see it fixed finally
      42.86%
    2. No, there are more important things to address.
      57.14%

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Do you mine or do T-Maps, I bet not having to equip a shovel just drives you up a wall.  UO has whales to fry and your minnow will be taken care of SOON 
  • Bilbo said:
    Do you mine or do T-Maps, I bet not having to equip a shovel just drives you up a wall.  UO has whales to fry and your minnow will be taken care of SOON 
    Not so much really, since there has never been, at least in my playing since the OU:R days, an animation for an equipped shovel.  It's hard to miss something you never had <span>:smile:</span>  I do think it would be pretty awesome to have one, it shouldn't be too difficult to add an image for the paperdoll, and it could use the 2h swing animation without looking too wonky.

In combat, its a different story.   In situations where I'm neck deep in a crowd of mobs, it can be hard to tell in the chaos whether or not my character is actually attacking.  It was a lot easier to see what was going on back when a mounted dexxer would make that big overhead swipe!

Whales vs. minnows:   I get where you are coming from, but there has never been a time where UO didn't have issues both large and small, and issues more important to one portion of the playerbase vs. another.

We as the playerbase can help the devs get more accomplished if we work with each other instead of against each other.  After 20 years, surely we can realize this.

I do hope you are correct about the animation being fixed soon!

• MiskMisk Posts: 61Dev
    This bug has been around forever
    The only weapon that I am aware of with this issue with is the Short Spear.  Would you please provide any additional weapons that you are seeing this issue with?

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2021
    "i think he's talking about while mounted, the most common used weapons, the double axe and bladed staff, perform a wrestling action instead of hit with the axe (also two-handed handed axe, halberd, bardiche, executions axe, hatchet), there are surely more. Interestingly the ornate axe and no-dachi don't suffer this issue - they seems to sit in the opposing hand.

It may be beneficial for a developer to play the game"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.