your pet rufuses to attack this creature! bypass

2»

Comments

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    I am saying use pets with and withoit pack instict. See if there is a difference in damage. I believe the devs at the time didnt want pet users defensless
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2023
    “It’s a different thread, not related to this issue
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/12521/all-guard-me-nerf#latest “
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    this thread is going round in circles. 
    Pets set to 'guard' are defending!  It will not attack until something aggresses on you. Yes if you attack something, the pet will attack - it's still defending. By attacking you cause the mob to aggress on you. 

Exploring a little the possible pvp application, because I admit I am not experienced in that aspect of game play.
    If you attempt to attack a player in a house, that player would possibly be in peace mode?
    So the response to an attack would be auto-defend? Which would appear to a pet as an attack on the pet's owner, triggering the defense response?
    edited May 2023
    “End result is same, you can aggress mechanical creature or player with pet exact same as all kill, don’t matter how you slice it or dice it

if I am duping heartwood saws and combining them onto a non duped saw it’s okay because duped saw disappear, it’s the sort of argument Petra and Pawain saying.

Tinker not happy that i killed their mechanical pet using exploit”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    " @Misk @Misk1 when you're back from annual leave, please advise if this is working as intended"
    edited June 2023
    “how long @Misk on holiday for?
    it’s bug for me to be able to attack miners automaton with my bane dragon just by double clicking it, or not bug?

My pet supposed to refuse to attack her mechanical creature no?”
    @Mariah can you please link where dev confirmed this was not a bug? “
    edited July 2023
    "I am just intrigued cos i don't remember anyone mentioning this at a meet and greet, I guess i missed one?
    and you tell me you don't receive a response from dev to confirm some information about Samurai special mana cost in even 6 months after many chasing messages, but they respond to you so fast over this?
    and they are only responding to specific questions?
    and they are not allowed to post for themselves anymore and you must post on their behalf?"
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    If you covered all bugs rather than what affects you your arguments would have more credibility so talk about 
    Mystic aoe spells not working on provoked creatures 
    Or how  broken bait/bait suits are 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    Grimbeard said:
    If you covered all bugs rather than what affects you your arguments would have more credibility so talk about 
    Mystic aoe spells not working on provoked creatures 
    Or how  broken bait/bait suits are 

To be fair, we ALL need to speak on what we know. He's a full time pvper so he will only encounter pvp related bugs. I'm 99.9% sure he has no clue about fishing or provoke mechanics. 

It's our job to raise awareness and step by steps on bugs that come into our own day to day play. 

It's their job to fix them. 
    “It’s not my area of experience at all, 
    me commenting on fishing or provocation is like Pawain commenting on… pretty much anything

Credibility of poster is not a requirement for a bug report.
    if someone post that 2+2 does not equal 5, dev don’t need to do review of poster before fixing”
    “if Jeffrey Dahmer post all the bug reports, they not allowed to fix anything?”