your pet rufuses to attack this creature! bypass

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
"Not sure if this is intended or not, some creatures you cannot get your pet to attack with the kill command (mechanical creatures), also you cannot set your pet to attack a player in a house with the kill command, this can be bypassed by simply telling your pet to guard and then you attack the target"-+-
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited February 2021
    The mechanical creatures are working as intended.  The game tells you they refuse to initiate attack. 
    Sounds like you are describing game features that work as intended. (The house part may be a bug tho.)

There is more than one way to skin a cat.  Many things in UO have options, they are not Bypasses.
    I see the Mervyn is strong in you.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "Sorry @Pawain, what creatures are you attacking? on various exodus creatures on both clients I am receiving the same message"-+-

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited February 2021
    Yes that is the message the developer that made that content put in. Pets do not attack Mechanical creations. But if a pet sees his owner in danger, the pet will attack anything to save his master.

Working as intended. Learn the lore of UO.

Similar to talisman sumonds pet.
    edited March 2021
    "not sure you're understanding, pet still attacks on guard function even if the master initiates attack”-+-
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Yes he understands. You pet sees you in combat and helps. That was the design at the time mechanical pets came out. It was intended.
    edited May 2023
    deleted
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    Pets and mechanicals have interacted in this way for many years. My memory is a bit hazy, but I think that would be around 2002.
    This is neither a bug nor and exploit.
    edited May 2023
    “To clarify, follower will attack the creature or orange in a house even if you’re (you the follower owner) the aggressor.

How you can say this is not a bug?

Why creature refuses to attack with all kill but will attack with all guard?

Whats the point in the refuse command on all kill only?

dev told you its not a bug or you’re just posting your opinion like its a fact? If it’s the latter you should perhaps have posted on your personal account as posting such a statement as a moderator gives a false impression of authority

Also, on CC my mask has fallen off my face on a mount when I walk south-east since way before 2002, does that mean that isn’t a bug?
    They left many bugs unfixed for 5 years now, if they leave for another 15 years they turn into features? Okay good to know.

even your own wiki states
    Your pet refuses to attack that targetPets can not be commanded to attack mechanical targets 

It doesn’t say ‘Pets can not be commanded to attack with all kill but can be commanded to attack with all guard’ “
    edited May 2023
    “I have question
    why I receive this message for all kill when targeting a vvv orange in a house? But not for targeting a non vvv orange, red, blue, grey, or green in house?”
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I have no idea on the pvp question. But I do have an idea on the mechanicals
    The pet cannot be commanded to attack with 'all kill' that's a given, however when you tell the pet to 'guard' you, you're not telling it to attack, you're telling it to defend. 
    A bit like if you're a warrior and you're in 'peace' mode, you don't attack, but you auto-defend. When in 'guard' mode, the pet is auto-defending you. Does that make sense? @Pawain @Norry

I also have my own theory on bugs, totally unproven or confirmed, but maybe relevant. If I were deciding which to prioritize I would ask myself 'is this bug game breaking? if no, does it warrant the time resources needed to fix it?' if it's not cost effective and it's not actually affecting game play, I wouldn't fix that one when there are more important ones that do justify the resources needed to fix them.  Also of course before you can fix a bug you have to be able to identify the cause and the action needed to fix it. That's why so much information is asked for in a bug report, and from the reports I've seen on forums, seldom supplied.
    Yes. You have to kill mechanical creatures with the pet in guard mode. Always been that way. The pet is following that command. 
    edited May 2023
    "okay i understand pet guarding you and will defend you,
    but pet still attacks even if YOU aggress, if you aggress it's not defend...
    even if mechanical creature has not even hit you any damage, you just double click it and pet attacks it immediately.  Here i log into old unsupported client just to show:

so what's point in system message for all kill?

as for bugs missing information, i have not seen any request for any additional information on any bug report, as far as i'm aware they're all reproducable following the steps posted/provided.

I am not saying its game breaking. Why they put this system message in in the first place to stop all kill? they must've done it for a reason.

They fix bug that had 'sandwhich' mispelled and corrected after many long campaigns to sandwich. It's not game breaking or affecting gameplay.. other than upsetting some relatives of the Earl of Sandwich.

Some tinkers who go mining have Golem or automaton protecting them, i should not be able to just kill their automatos/Golem wih my bane dragon by abusing this bug, it's very unfair on the miners.

Many people use Vollem and other mechanical pets too, I should not be able to just smash them down with bane dragon with this bug. Very unfair on mechanical pet owner especially because some of these mechanical pets do not bond

And i just kill with 5 slot bane dragon....

But i guess crafters are 'not important' enough people.. okay
    "

edited May 2023
    "let us factor in some things.
    Some crafter is mining using automatons to guard them from light spawn... If i kill the player.... I get murder count,
    but instead i can troll and just kill automatons without flagging player...

owner of automaton can normally heal it (repair it) if i attack it myself with spells etc, but i am using 5 slot bane to destroy it using bug and has no chance to repair in time, yes v v fair, not worth fixing....

i think tinker will think otherwise, so i kill her automatons with pet bypass bug and she can't even murder count me, nice game.

Their Mechanical pet supposed to be immune from attack from my 5 slot bane dragon but nah nothing to see here and okay for me to use this exploit on innocent crafter says forum admin...stated like it is a fact when it is at best a poor misguided opinion"
    edited May 2023
    @mariah i motion that you retract your statement that was written as forum mod
    until you seek guidance from somebody who know what they are talking about
    or at least repost on non mod account if you’re just offering it as opinion”
    I do not use all guard me often. But my pet will not attack things I aggro first. Also will not attack things already aggroed onto me if  I activate guard after. I have to tell it to attack or have to invis and start over.

That is why I tend not use use guard.  May as well tell them what to do.

Most Tamers on LS use guard mode.

Not sure what pets do in PvP. 
    Our pets at spawns seem to attack Orange players on their own.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Idk if exodus was intended or not but that came around the time of the mass tamer nerfs of old. 

Pvp nerf came at a time when rune beetles would teleport into houses and dragons could fly into private houses. 

I really wish they'd fix these gd forums. 30min to try to post this. 
    edited May 2023
    Pawain said:
    I do not use all guard me often. But my pet will not attack things I aggro first.

"What game are you playing?

don't post misinformation please"
    edited May 2023
    Yoshi said:
    Pawain said:
    I do not use all guard me often. But my pet will not attack things I aggro first.

"What game are you playing?

don't post misinformation please"
    Sorry facts are facts.  Thats why players use guard and stand back. I been killed many times because I run up to something and since I don't use guard normally.  I press the guard macro. Pet stands there and watches me die.  Now I have an all kill nearest target macro, to counter that.

If I run he will attack the winged thing that aggros me. If he decided to tag along.

Easy place to see this is Balrons at chaos.
    I see you mentioned Orange players. Do a spawn in fel with 1 Orange player and 5 blues. Someone and their  pet is always grey and or Orange. And we don't take area casting pets and the Orange player does not stand near the pets so the area Chiv spell won't hit them.

I think Cus just hate Orange players. Or we just suck at targeting. 

edited May 2023
    In one of your 2 year old posts you say the pet should not attack in guard mode if you initiate aggro first.  Why are you arguing about the game working as  intended? 

You can easily test this against mechanical creatures. Initiate aggro on one.  Tell pet to guard you. It will just stand there until you are aggroed by something else or the pet is aggroed. 

That's why I said you have to invis and start over.

I think this is a PvP issue you are having difficulty with.

edited May 2023
    "i proved with video how it works in ilshenar against monster, i literally uploaded a video, no hacks, and i know that is how it works because that is how i play... PvM
    you're saying it doesn't work like that?

you make video to show that its working differently.
    What's point in making 7000+ post in everyones thread with 7000+ wrong information just for sake or argue? if you're that bored go argue with chatgpt

steps to produce:
    say all guard me
    go in combat mode and double click mob.....observe pet attacks

"
    Best I could do was 1 picture.

First pet got stuck here, had to mount it to get it clear.

Went to top of steps invised, dismounted, told pet to guard. Then a Balron happened to walk near I attacked it, pet just stood there.   Before I could take another picture I was dead and pet ran off to attack something else.

Like I said there is a reason I don't use guard mode often, just at EM events.

Maybe my pet uses the official client.
    edited May 2023
    "i thought you play a tamer...
    you can't do basic controls?
    here i log on unsupported client again especially for you so you can watch again and again without rorscharch deleting

you're prob trying to attack something on steps that you don't have line of site to or your pet don't, or both..."

edited May 2023
    Ok I killed Balrons till I got my Fame back up.  I think what you are seeing is the pet defending you as it should. 

1.  Where does it say that a pet should not attack something that you aggro first?  The Mob has also aggroed you while guarding. I can not find a detailed description of Guard.

2. Where does it say a pet will never attack a mechanical mob?  You just can not tell it to. The pet needs a reason to kill. When it finds one it will.

I think my pet just does what he wants, sometimes I was able to initiate attack and my pet did help me.  But, the Mob has me on aggro, so why shouldn't the pet attack it, unless he just likes to see me die.

Went to Exodus to fight the mechanical things, similar results, if I were invised, pet walked around and just killed stuff that attacked him. 

So, the pet is smart enough to know when he is aggroed, why should he not know when the owner is?

Also noticed the pet would cause the mechanical things to aggro on him, when he cast Holy Light on a different target as a mechanical thing walked by.  So basically the pet caused the mechanical thing to aggro it.  Also lost lots of Karma since it killed many Paladins also by using HL on something else.

Are you just angry that Tamers can kill mechanical things with their pets?

Conclusion:

I see no reason or game mechanic a pet should not guard you, even if you initiate contact.

I will use Guard more.  And be nicer to my pets so they will follow said command.
    edited May 2023
    "stop post in this thread please"
    Yoshi said:
    "stop post here please"
    Yes you must be correct with your so called bugs and hate for someone to show you they are game mechanics, they wont change it so, Bye Bye.
    edited May 2023
    "lol you're going on and on about pet guarding and defending you seeing its owner being attacked blah blah,
    i explain that guard does same action as all kill
    and you don't beleive and think it's something only pvp
    then i show you 2 times with videos

and now you 'conclude', ah it's okay still...

come bring your automatons to yew moongate while i have my bane dragon

You would think after being proved wrong 7000+ times, you would stop posting such things

and Mariah abuse her position of authority to make false statements seem like fact, before consulting with someone who knows what they're talking about

"

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    The original "guard" command had you target an item, or items, or places. Your pet would attack anything that came near that wasnt you. This changed back before publish 10 or so.

All guard may end up with the pet attacking it, but i dont think it works the same as "kill" (pack instict) and possibly moves used(defensive abilities as opposed to offensive ones for bladeweave) there are so many hidden things still in this game, and most of what we know is from trial and error.

So test it. Attack some exodus bots, then have your pet guard, guard first ect.
    edited May 2023
    "what do you mean test it on exodus bots? I already showed a video of exodus and pawain done it too,
    why it needs more testing?
    you can get pet to aggress it same as all kill just by double clicking it

They are both 10 second videos, you don't even have to read any text

the original post in this thread was fairly clear with instructions "