Day 1 of my Return! Dun dun dun. A semi-comedic journal.

Comments

• FeigrFeigr Posts: 490
    Thanks Mariah, worked like a charm.  Maybe less needed now, but it'd be nice to buy from map still.  

I'm still getting the greater heal jingle on my tamer character even after an overnight.
  • I am getting sounds too. Almost like after you eat an enchanted fish.. sounds like ramping up energy sound and then a jingle. It is happening every min or so. Driving me more mad then I already am. It started yesterday and continues today.
    I am getting sounds too. Almost like after you eat an enchanted fish.. sounds like ramping up energy sound and then a jingle. It is happening every min or so. Driving me more mad then I already am. It started yesterday and continues today.
    Yep, that's it exactly Scarlett! I wonder if others are.  We were both in Destard too.  That's when it started happening to me.

Day 27 I sold a whopping 300 eggs yesterday.  I temporarily swapped out resist for forensic eval to begin working it.  The healer in New Haven only got it mid 20s for starting.  I couldn't find a judge or anyone to get it to 40. As far as I can tell the only way to raise it is to use eval on corpses .1 gain at a time.  It doesn't even gain every time in the 20s.  De struggle is real.  I got it to 32 yesterday.  I would have gone higher, but Artio was spawned and left.  Someone from the -G- guild cleared it later in the evening.  I'm going to try to tie the skill check in with a loot container macro of some kind today... hopefully that works.  Or maybe a scavenger for gold.

I decided on leveling forensic because I found SIX lost items in a row on my first rotation through my egg spawns.  It feels like the lost items spawn very slowly.  The whole virtue is a pain to raise.

Three houses were in IDOC yesterday.  They were all in a hidden valley in Malas.  The same valley.  It was a process trying to find how to get a rune.  I internet sleuthed that this one was found in Doom.  Thankfully an alliance member had a rune already and I didn't have to go down there.  

Two were falling in the evening and one in the afternoon.  The first one netted me a Wizard's Hat.  It wasn't even magic.  The 3rd one was completely empty.  The 2nd one netted me a SOT of .6 Stealth, some Scrolls of Alacrity, a harpsicord, a banner of New Mag, a chaos tile, and a Tjenik gave me the cherry blossom tree he got.  Oh, I also got a lot of mysterious fragments.

The alliance fought Scalis yesterday.  I think Scarlett tossed 6 nets, but we only pulled one Scalis.  It killed my backup Greater Dragon while I'm waiting for the other one to bond.  We then went to the Sleeping Dragon spawn.  I got a couple death robes between level jumps, but the boss was silly easy.  I didn't get anything though.

Reading back through this... it was a pretty full day and I had fun.  I didn't watch much because of that.

---

Funniest Thing Seen in Chat: A lot, but I didn't capture much.  Sorry.

Biggest Bug Encountered: This mob's healthbar stayed at 100% for our whole fight. I'm training Fencing and not using spells so the fight lasted a while.  It did die though.

Today's Question: Is that Tabard quest thing for the mysterious fragments still active? 

Items I'm Hunting: Daemon Bone Helm and Taming Primer 3.

Today’s Recommendation: Can anyone submit articles? I could not find information on the Banner of New Magencia.  I'm aware that players from that town's loyalty can get it now though, but I couldn't find anything on the Wiki or UO Guide.  I also struggled to find the Chaos Tile.  I'm pretty sure it's not too rare though?  

Favorite Moment This Session: Just joking around the IDOCs with people.

Favorite Player Seen: I didn't write down the name, but there was a player at the IDOC with the hooded robe, but they had dyed it the hue of death robes.  They also had a gray 16th anniversary horse.

What I Watched While Playing: Not much.  There's this Minibricks youtuber I had playing a lot.  She does a lot of dioramas.  They look amazing.  I'm not huge on art, but I'd visit a museum of those things.

Today’s Funny Picture: Pic of me during Scalis fight.Just Some
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,975Moderator
    Today's Question: Is that Tabard quest thing for the mysterious fragments still active?
    yes

However the required amulet is no longer obtainable from the original quest, but is instead sold by the black market merchant.

I could not find information on the Banner of New Magencia.
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/city-loyalty/

Day 28 Wasn't that fun of a night last night.  We did kill 2 Scalis, but no one felt like chatting much.  Was very oddly silent the entire time.  Even myself.  I'm going to focus on making some spreadsheets and organizing my gameplay.  

---

Funniest Thing Seen in Chat: Some more PVP trash talk.  It was a bit better, but still sounds like 1990s 5th graders insulting each other.  

Biggest Bug Encountered: None, good job.

Today's Question: None.

Today’s Recommendation: None today.

Favorite Moment This Session: Gathered a bunch of artifacts for disimbuing.

Favorite Player Seen: Marge did the tossing.

What I Watched While Playing: Not much, but I did finish the Paranormal Activities last night while not playing.

Today’s Funny Picture: 

• Feigr said:
    Day 28 Wasn't that fun of a night last night.  We did kill 2 Scalis, but no one felt like chatting much.  Was very oddly silent the entire time.  Even myself.  I'm going to focus on making some spreadsheets and organizing my gameplay.  

Oddly silent you say??--- probably because I was absent from it.  o:)

That's right! LOL 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I accept what I can’t control 

This makes me feel better after a bad day at work.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Day 29 I got my UI all set for characters.  I finished training lockpicking. It's 100.  That'll help with Forensic Eval because I can farm a bunch of paragon chests to rotate for gains.  I did 0 work on my organization other than the UIs.  

Yesterday was the PaxLair meeting and to be honest I mostly just attended in body only.  A game I've been enjoying released an update and I was getting the added content done while watching the chat in UO.  

I haven't replenished my egg stock for gold making.  I need to get inscription up and get some runebooks made.

I'm not feeling very well today so I'll be skipping entries until probably this weekend.  I'll still be playing, however, so if something interesting happens I'll post.

---

Funniest Thing Seen in Chat: Wasn't really paying attention yesterday too much, but there was some good stuff.  Sorry.

Biggest Bug Encountered: None, good job.

Today's Question: What're ya'll going to do to my goat in 21 hours?! 

Today’s Recommendation: None today.

Favorite Moment This Session: Getting 100 in Lockpicking.  

Favorite Player Seen: Sweetpeaz at the PaxLair meeting.  Nanoc was under tornado watch and couldn't make it.  

What I Watched While Playing: Played Vampire Survivors game.

Today’s Funny Picture: 

34 Dirty Pics For Dirty Minds
    Day 29 So I played more yesterday than ever because I was sick. I bought some Scrolls of Alacrity.  Lex gave me a couple as well.  I GM'd Inscription from 0 and I GM'd Alchemy from 81.  I spent 5 Mil on a recipe for Runic Atlas.  

We also had the EM event.  Gotta admit that I'm disappointed in those events.  They'd probably be more fun without all the people just hanging around doing nothing but causing lag.  There's just a lot of people that show up to those things.  I prefer the PaxLair events.

The graphics on the bunnies and spell effects were cool.  The elementals as well.

---

Funniest Thing Seen in Chat: Energizer Bunny! LOL Scarlett.

Biggest Bug Encountered: I bought a couple packies to hold scrolls as I pumped the vendors.  I encountered a bug a couple times where the packie's backpacks wouldn't open.  I tried multiple ways and they just never opened.  I had to run far from the bank and back for it to fix.

Today's Question: Where's Blue Martian been? 

Today’s Recommendation: Currently when you search a bag with the bag search it won't let you buy from the results from a vendor.  I recommend allowing it.  As it is now, the search just confirms that the bag has the item you want.

Favorite Moment This Session: GMing Inscription

Favorite Player Seen: EM Artemis

What I Watched While Playing: Big Brother Season 23 until my blood boiled.  I don't think I'll ever watch another BB season. 

Today’s Funny Picture: 

Last post was day 30*
    Here's a freebie. 

24 Fresh Memes of the Dankest Kind
    Day 31 Today I mostly focused on trying to level up Forensics since it was easy.  Surprisingly, I mostly struggled to get to 41 skill in Forensics.  I pinked the last few points.  I then created a macro and skill checked a paragon chest all day while collecting eggs.  I got to stare at "This lock was picked by Eight Ball." all day.

I took a break and decided to slum it at my very first shard, Legends.  This was AOL Legends before.  I was happy to see that one of my favorite people to play with still had a house in the exact same spot I remembered.  Jove's spot south of the Yew gate.  But back in the day she was the first person I knew to have a large tower.  We met mining in Minoc and killing Earth Elementals in Despise.  She actually is one of the reasons UO always stuck with me because she showed me how to enjoy an overwhelming game and get my footing.

I bought five more soulstones.  My goal is to have every skill GM.  Taste ID is gonna be tricky I read.

I redesigned my house a couple days ago.  It's more minimalistic, but I like it.  

---

Funniest Thing Seen in Chat: Wasn't really paying attention to chat too much.

Biggest Bug Encountered: That doesn't look like a scorpion...

Today's Question: None, thanks.

Today’s Recommendation: I understand Pincos can do this, but I think the base game should have either a hotkey or option to turn your corpse's name bar a color to make it easier to find in a pile.

Favorite Moment This Session: GMing Forensics

Favorite Player Seen: I always like to see Scarlett.

What I Watched While Playing: The movie Idiocracy.

Today’s Funny Picture: 

Hahahahah

It is easier to find your corpse if you use 'allnames' instead of 'ctrl shift'  (it's the top item in the 'other' list of 'actions' in EC
    also available in classic client

Thanks for all the help Mariah!
    Day 32 I made another character Nidingr.  This will be my thief.  He's unassociated with PaxLair as of yet so I'll miss out on some alliance chat til I see NANOC.  I'm training Hiding and Stealth first. Hopefully with Hiding I can soulstone it around to other characters.

I'm doing the quest for some crystal balls of knowledge today.  I think these are super useful.  

---

Funniest Thing Seen in Chat: 

Biggest Bug Encountered: Beginning today every time I log into Feigr I'm unable to open up the vendor at the house.  I have to cross server lines and come back.  This is unique to Feigr.  Other characters work.

Today's Question: What is Fur from Bouras for? Not pelts.  The yellow fur.  It's not the rectangle one.  I couldn't find this on UO Guide.  It just says "Yellow Fur" and no link.

Today’s Recommendation: Item Identification is currently a "useless" skill.  I think a cool idea would be the ability to use this to reroll stats on an item.  It will just reproc the RNG and give a same intensity magic item.  Nothing too OP, but could be fun.  Something that may need a keen balance eye that I also thought about was to combine it with Arms Lore and make it give a slight bonus to the subsequent results.

Favorite Moment This Session: Chat was hopping today.  Chesapeake chat is usually super chill too.  I love this shard.

Favorite Player Seen: Isobel was talkative.  

What I Watched While Playing: Wrapped up last streamable season of Young Sheldon

Today’s Funny Picture: 

The Games We Play

Biggest Bug Encountered: Beginning today every time I log into Feigr I'm unable to open up the vendor at the house.  I have to cross server lines and come back.  This is unique to Feigr.  Other characters work.

I was logging in and in War Mode.
    Boura fur got when carving a corpse has no known use, just deco.  And yes, trying to access a vendor in war mode is not a good way to go :)
    Day 33 I GM'd Tinkering today.  That was about it.  I did try to start training Betty, but it was very slow.

They did an eastern egg hunt yesterday, but I've gathered a bunch of eggs and didn't want to get greedy.  I didn't participate.  

---

Funniest Thing Seen in Chat: Lots of fun was had, but I was mostly watching stuff.

Biggest Bug Encountered: Crafting while ingots are in a mining satchel, puts items in that stachel.  That's normal for any other bag, but satchel shouldn't be able to hold those.

Today's Question: None today, thanks.

Today’s Recommendation: Taste ID could combine alchemy and cooking and give unique buffs that last longer than 5 minutes.

Favorite Moment This Session: GMing Tinkinering.

Favorite Player Seen: Saw Scarlett and her green/red rabbits.

What I Watched While Playing: Watched a bunch of B horror movies on Amazon Prime.

Today’s Funny Picture: 

23 Fresh Memes of the Dankest Kind

An inappropriate easter album
  • TXEggplantTXEggplant Posts: 161
    Feigr said:

I was logging in and in War Mode.
    I literally once paged a GM for the same "bug" hahaha!!
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com
    Didn't really play much yesterday, but did get started on carpentry a bit.
    Day 35 I GM'd Carpentry today.  I watched a Gladius6_ on Twitch.  Today was really fun as well.  Chat was really moving.  We had a good time.  Can't understate how much better the chat is on Chessy than other servers I've been on. 

I also watched some more of Waffles.  Finally got to see him live instead of a recorded vid.
    The alliance ran roof, but I have been lazy about learning what that is.  

I'm leveling Fletching now.  There were 5 SoAs on Vendor Search.  I'll prob pop them at 75.  I used to hoard SoAs like potions in Final Fantasy games and never use them, but I don't think I'll ever level anything again without at least one.  I don't know why they sell so cheap.  Unless you're over 100 they are pretty much a guaranteed 5.0 points.

---

Funniest Thing Seen in Chat: 
    Me: Mongbats, keeping you from swapping characters since 1997.

Biggest Bug Encountered: In EC, the default location of bags opening is over the bag it's in for me.  I can't get it to save anywhere else.  When I open a bag from within my backpack, the backpack will "activate" and pop up in front of the bag.  Very annoying.

Today's Question: None today, thanks.

Today’s Recommendation: Fix Tribarrel bug that makes the seed and any breeding into it random.  I didn't list this as a bug because previous players asked that this stay in, but I disagree. Or add a whole new seed that is actually a Tribarrel.

Favorite Moment This Session: Just chatting with everyone.  Bunch of people on.  

Favorite Player Seen: Nanoc jumped on to say hey while on his vacation.

What I Watched While Playing: Gladius6_ and Waffles_McGreggor.

Today’s Funny Picture: 

40 Things That Are Really Depressing
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    Since tri barrels are one of the least popular plants, you rarely would want them. You can get a seed from someone and self pollinate it to make 8 more.

They are one of the wheelbarrow plants so you can get a color flower on those.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited April 2022
    Pawain said:
    Since tri barrels are one of the least popular plants, you rarely would want them. You can get a seed from someone and self pollinate it to make 8 more.

They are one of the wheelbarrow plants so you can get a color flower on those.
    Self pollination results in a random plant too.  And so does crossbreeding with tribarrel.  It makes completing the old plants difficult.

Which kind of illustrates my point... I don't think many players who voted to keep this bug know the impact.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    "I don't know why they sell so cheap."

They come from treasure chest and it doesn't take long to build up a supply. They come from maps supply on up; so just about all of them. There will be two sometimes three in a chest. The supply builds up quickly.
    I think I may need more input on the plants. I understood it was the ones just named 'a cactus' that resulted in the mutations? Other cactus types mutate too?
    edited April 2022
    Mariah said:
    I think I may need more input on the plants. I understood it was the ones just named 'a cactus' that resulted in the mutations? Other cactus types mutate too?
    It's been a while since I tested it, but I'll go retest.  I know for sure that a self pollinating Tribarrel will not result in a tribarrel.  

But I'll retest the rest.  I want to say a fern and a tribarrel will not result in a water plant either.

If you have a tribarrel, that is rarer than you may think.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    edited April 2022
    Are you letting them do their own pollinating or self pollinating manually?  Try both.

I'm thinking if you just leave them alone they make what they start as 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    k, I took some tribarrel seeds to test center and used 'Grow_Plant' on them.
    Tri Barrel allowed to self polinate produced tri barrel seeds. Tri barrel when crossed with another produced a single barrel cactus.
    It may be the colored ones I'm thinking about like doing a red and blue tribarrel for a purple.

Mine didn't work.  I'll retest.