Players are being driven out of PvP.

CookieCookie Posts: 706
edited January 29 in PvP / VvV

By the amount of Macros in and speed of Enhanced Client v Classic, By the new(ish) Orion Classic Client with its new "features" {and scripts}, and to a smaller extent Enhanced Razor for Classic Client and its "features" {and scripts}.

It has been bearable for quite a long while as not so many used them, but now, too many are using them, and making it unplayable for the rest.

@kyronix and @bleak - there are 2 solutions, please enact one.

1. Disable all of these clients from pvp, approved and unapproved clients, they all ruin it or;

2. Bring Classic Client, the original and main PvP client up to their level, by including their features in the game please.

Most players enjoy Classic Client far more for pvp, and it is now hitting critical mass in terms of imbalance. The fun is just going fast.

Please do something about it. If you start losing pvpers, you will lose a lot of the game.

Thank you.

Comments

• XrisXris Posts: 112
    Cookie said:

By the amount of Macros in and speed of Enhanced Client v Classic, By the new(ish) Orion Classic Client with its new "features" {and scripts}, and to a smaller extent Enhanced Razor for Classic Client and its "features" {and scripts}.

It has been bearable for quite a long while as not so many used them, but now, too many are using them, and making it unplayable for the rest.

@ kyronix and @ bleak - there are 2 solutions, please enact one.

1. Disable all of these clients from pvp, approved and unapproved clients, they all ruin it or;

2. Bring Classic Client, the original and main PvP client up to their level, by including their features in the game please.

Most players enjoy Classic Client far more for pvp, and it is now hitting critical mass in terms of imbalance. The fun is just going fast.

Please do something about it. If you start losing pvpers, you will lose a lot of the game.

Thank you.

+1000

• TailTail Posts: 60
    Speaking FACTS!
  • AniAni Posts: 16
    100% agreed, make pvp great again
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 342
    Agreed.

I prefer # 1.

My reason:: # 2. is closer to the game playing itself rather than the player playing the game.  this is the problem with UO pvp now, far outweighs any 'in-game' balancing issues to date.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • CookieCookie Posts: 706
    CovenantX said:
    Agreed.

I prefer # 1.

My reason:: # 2. is closer to the game playing itself rather than the player playing the game.  this is the problem with UO pvp now, far outweighs any 'in-game' balancing issues to date.

Option 1 was my hardcore option. :)

I fully agree with you, but it's a bit like when I say, delete Trammel, delete Sampires - ultimately yes it's the best thing for the game, but they are never going to do it.

• TjalleTjalle Posts: 37
    I agree.
    Something needs to be done. The inaction on cheats is such a taint on the game.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 196
    Cookie said:

Thank you.

Lost me 2 yrs ago. Got tired of waiting for the “soon” to be released updated list of approved programs and no action taken on those that chose to use unapproved programs. Plenty of games much more balanced out there... so I now play them. 

I’d love to come back but sadly not in the games current state. 
  • The team is completely lost on this since they dont play the game.  You can literally pick any video or screenshot out of any discord and they are all 100% illegal gameplay.  You may ask yourself why they need such cheats?  Its simple they are horrid players without it.  You could say they have the timing of a guy who walks into a funeral while cranking AC/DC Highway to hell.  LOL
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 146
    I agree 100% with everything in this post
  • I disagree with the points about the EC, I do agree with the rest,
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,213
    Cookie said:

I fully agree with you, but it's a bit like when I say, delete Trammel, 

Siege is the place for thee
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters