Poll on Power Scrolls Please Read before voting

Comments

• DukarloDukarlo Posts: 50
    I don't think the questions in the poll are fair or necessary for that matter.  They have already made it clear there are no plans to add them to trammel. Considering the lack of good content added to fell since trammel came out fel spawns are a success. All this time and they are still popular and well used. The big myth is that the average player can't obtain powesrolls. If someone Is so against going to fel for them there is tons more trammel high end content where as much or more gold can be made than at champ spawns. The time invested for that gold in trammel is no more than it takes champ spawning. In that regard scrolls are already available in trammel. Seems people want a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    I like the cursed items cant be shard transferable thing not to mention making item shard bound.  One problem solved. Whats next.

Polls are ok but they have their issues as well. Like what about those with multiple accounts? The results get skewed and then theres ppl that will say if that was voted well why isnt it like that yet?  

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    There is no select few, that is just a conspiracy you made up to not go try yourself.  I also want almost everything shard bound not just scrolls.  Im sure if you took all the players who post here about moving them to trammel and made a guild, you could spawn non-stop on any shard you want.  But then again, I don't know where you find the time since all you do is be a board warrior.
    And yet here you are right with me.  I am running on a public WiFy that is slow as shit and unable to go home ATM but why are you here so much to dispute it all, gee now why is that.  Sorry if my proposal interferes with your cash flow we wouldn't want to make UO more fun for all now would we.  Even the DEVs protect the select few by adding them to pets now.  PSs are truly the most unbalancing thing ever done to UO because unless you use them there is no way you can compete and the select few know it.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    I have played with hundreds of different people in the past 12 years in UO.  I have never met anyone that didn't go do spawns either by themselves or with their guild.  Ive even done public spawns and harrowers several times over the years inviting anyone to come get scrolls.  This conspiracy theory of yours is just nonsense, its like spreading fear propaganda about felucca.  Just go spawn yourself or move on, stop complaining already.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,399
    There is no select few, that is just a conspiracy you made up to not go try yourself.  I also want almost everything shard bound not just scrolls.  Im sure if you took all the players who post here about moving them to trammel and made a guild, you could spawn non-stop on any shard you want.  But then again, I don't know where you find the time since all you do is be a board warrior.
    Were is your tinfoil hat :s
    you need to put it on and step inline with the truth 
    Coming Soon -- Season 15 of the X-Files -- Moulder and Scully set out to find the select few who farm millions of PS's to sell in UO.   Rolling stone calls it "engrossing", New York Times says "best entertainment of 2018".   HAHAHA
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    Ivenor said:
    The answer, IMO, is making white PS scrolls available ONLY through completion of skill-related Quests, as it is now for Imbuing, and make those Quests NOT REPEATABLE for a specific Char.
    Limit the scroll dumps at Spanws to pink SoT and blue SoA, bumpig up the quantity.
    My 2 GPs.
    I.

So should I send my pet out to do those quests also?  Are you unaware that pets can use up to 9 different powerscrolls at once.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Pawain said:
    Ivenor said:
    The answer, IMO, is making white PS scrolls available ONLY through completion of skill-related Quests, as it is now for Imbuing, and make those Quests NOT REPEATABLE for a specific Char.
    Limit the scroll dumps at Spanws to pink SoT and blue SoA, bumpig up the quantity.
    My 2 GPs.
    I.

So should I send my pet out to do those quests also?  Are you unaware that pets can use up to 9 different powerscrolls at once.
    I didn't say to make their USE char locked, I said to make them only obtainable via Quest and only one for Char (and only of Chars of Subs, no Trial/EJ). After that you can use them on the Char that got them, on another Char, on a Pet or sell them.
    You bolded this part in your reply. 

and make those Quests NOT REPEATABLE for a specific Char.

How can I get multiple scrolls for my 42 pets.
    edited April 2018
    Pawain said:

Nobody is forced to max scroll all of his Pets. 4 PS for each Char (105/110/115/120) for each Skill for 7 Chars for every Account are not enough? One can always buy/barter for more PS with other REAL players.
    Ivenor said:
    Pawain said:

Nobody is forced to max scroll all of his Pets. 4 PS for each Char (105/110/115/120) for each Skill for 7 Chars for every Account are not enough? One can always buy/barter for more PS with other REAL players.
    Would that be like nobody is forced to max scroll their char?  We all know that a 7xGM can solo bosses or survive in PvP.  Pets will be no different.
  • PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    You know you can transfer to a shard and eat the scrolls there or feed them to pets there.  Just like players did with shard bound mastery primers.

im fine with them doing that buddy.  At least itll eat up their shields for no reason other then a couple scrolls.  LOL

I wasn't responding to you.  I know you know how the game works.

Others think that making scrolls shard bound will make scrolls magically appear in their small shards Vendor Search.  

Shard bound scrolls will just hurt players who do not have shard transfer shields.  Atlantic will always have the most Scrolls for sale.  Shard bound will just mean players can't bring those scrolls to the smaller shards like they are doing now.
    I dont have transfer shields.  And I am being hurt by my shards scrolls being sent away to Atlantic. So your argument there works both ways.  I don't care, much, I run spawns on my server and it is fine.  But The thought of transferring to Atl to buy a scroll that was farmed on my server is silly.

Better idea is to make scrolls drop in Tram at 50% rate, and give them a shard-bound property so scrolls farmed without risk cannot be transferred and sold for huge profits.
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Pawain said:

Would that be like nobody is forced to max scroll their char?  We all know that a 7xGM can solo bosses or survive in PvP.  Pets will be no different.

Should I also consult you daily since you want to tell me how to play?  I doubt you 2 play at all.
    Pawain said:
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Pawain said:

Should I also consult you daily since you want to tell me how to play?  I doubt you 2 play at all.
    Isn't that what you are doing.  Yes I play when I am at home but right now do to RL I can't be.  The question is do you even play or do you just pull these ideas out of thin air.
    Bilbo said:
    Pawain said:
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Pawain said:

Isn't that what you are doing.  Yes I play when I am at home but right now do to RL I can't be.  The question is do you even play or do you just pull these ideas out of thin air.
    None of these stupid things are my ideas.  Im responding to the stupid  ideas about only using 1 scroll. And you telling me how many scrolls my toon can have.

If any of you played, you would see that a pet with GM skills is far inferior to a pet with 120 scrolls.

But if all you kill is Artic Ogre Lords then you would not notice a difference.

I have no ideas for a thread that limits gameplay.  Because I play!
    Pawain said:
    Bilbo said:
    Pawain said:
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Pawain said:

None of these stupid things are my ideas.  Im responding to the stupid  ideas about only using 1 scroll. And you telling me how many scrolls my toon can have.

If any of you played, you would see that a pet with GM skills is far inferior to a pet with 120 scrolls.

If you look at the way they do quotes I was responding to Ivenor and you were part of his quote and then you direct quote me with a flippant question so what did you expect.  Maybe you need to take the time to see who is being directly quoted first.
    This is yours:

Only someone who does not play or does not do difficult things would have this opinion.

How many tests have you done with pets and scrolls?  What mob have you killed over and over and timed with and without scrolls?  I have done that.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    They just need to separate pet power scrolls from player ones, and leave the player ones dropping as they currently do, and the pet ones at both FEL and NON-FEL spawns. So on a Fel spawn eg it drops 12 player scrolls (current rate i think) and an additional 6 pet scrolls. At the Non-Fel ones drop 12 pet ones. With the addition and potential of EJ and returning players it is gonna be nearly IMPOSSIBLE to scroll a pet as it nearly already is.

Keep saying this.  It is a simple solution and one that would open up the amount of scrolls needed for pets which far exceeds the need for player ones given that pets can use up to 7-8 per pet and people have multiple pets. It would also greatly improve game content on the other spawns and enjoyment for everyone.

Open up the 3 ilshenar spawns, (humilty, valor, spirit), the 2 malas spawns (labyrinth, bedlam) , the tokuko (sleeping dragon) and Eodon (dragon turtle) spawns to drop just PET scrolls.

There is ONLY benefits by doing this for ALL THE PLAYERS not just players who are into the pvp spawns.

@Kyronix @Mesanna @Bleak

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    Pawain said:
    This is yours:

Only someone who does not play or does not do difficult things would have this opinion.

How many tests have you done with pets and scrolls?  What mob have you killed over and over and timed with and without scrolls?  I have done that.
    And you are assuming that after all this goes live that UO is not going to beef up the MOBs.  Everything has gotted harder for us from PUb16 on due to PSs and more high end gear.  Show me one BOSS that a 7xGM with GM gear can beat.  We will have more powerful pets so they will increase the MOBs and if your pet isn't upgraded just like you needed to do then you will be stuck doing low end MOBs.  And I am sorry but you need to look at who I said that to and look at the way it is stated but I guess you wouldn't know sarcasm if you saw it now would you.  Use you brain.
    edited April 2018
    Pawain said:
    Bilbo said:
    Pawain said:
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Pawain said:

Well, well: are we already at name-calling? :)

IMO it doesn't exist a STUPID idea (well, the today financialization of the RW economy beside... :D ) only idea that one doesn't agree with.

You don't agree with my ideas of "Quest-based, One-per-Char-Max-of-each-level" PS?

"Fine by me", "It Takes all Types", etc. But I kindly ask you to avoid to call my opinion stupid for the simple fact that you don't support them... :p ;)

I.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,983Moderator
    I strongly suggest that you agree to differ on this topic.
    Mariah said:
    I strongly suggest that you agree to differ on this topic.
    Fine by me. As they say, "Let's agree to disagree"... :D ;)
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    edited April 2018
    Bilbo said:
    Making them shard bound fixes nothing because alls you have to do is go to another shard and eat them then go home.  Quit catering the the select few and put PSs in Tram or make Fel consensual PvP so everybody can go get their own without worrying about the the select few that control the spawn.

What scrolls do you want?

Can I just give them to you, to make it 100% risk free and no effort?

Or shall I create a risk free land and call it Trammel and stack it with the most valuable loots?
    Oops, Devs already did that.

Delete Tram, make Trammies actually have to earn something for themselves for once instead of handing it all to them on a plate, then still having to listen to them whine how they don't have enough.

The Select Few is you Bilbo.

Cookie said:
    Bilbo said:
    Making them shard bound fixes nothing because alls you have to do is go to another shard and eat them then go home.  Quit catering the the select few and put PSs in Tram or make Fel consensual PvP so everybody can go get their own without worrying about the the select few that control the spawn.

(...)

Delete Tram, make Trammies actually have to earn something for themselves for once instead of handing it all to them on a plate, then still having to listen to them whine how they don't have enough.

(...)

So, to sum up:

TRAMMIES -
    Entitled bunch of couch potatoes afraid to go out and act as real men, ehr.. elfs, oops...gargs... darn! WHATEVER...
    FELLIS - Bunch of crazed P(sycho)vP(sycho) maniacs that pratice the killing of each other's Mounts for the sake of it.

But... LOOOOOL!!! :D B) ;)
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited April 2018
    I play on a shard where EVERYTHING is shard bound. It does not seem to cripple our economy.

I do want to add my vote to the idea of PS for pets only, available thru non-fel champion spawns.

If I had my dream, the RNG would be almost completely nuked. All monsters would consistently drop the same things. PS and artifacts would be quest rewards - some repeatable, some not. Deco and other items also as quest rewards. But then, I really am not a fan of RNG lol
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    stop shard transfer would be nice, only problem is all the ppl who already have access to too many scrolls from farming and now would have an advantage
    Problem with putting anything on a quest is it becomes highly scriptable.  Example heartwood runics.  Leave powerscrolls as is and make them shard bound.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    Well I mean an actual quest lol. Like, do something here, kill something there, gather X amount of materials, etc. They can still be time sinks, just not a GRIND like the RNG is.
  • KieraKiera Posts: 3
    edited April 2018
    I just wish there were more PS's above 110 on my low population shard.  I feel the huge increase in PS need/want for pets (say 6 to 9 PS 120s per pet) and most Tamers like myself will have multiple pets they want to advance to 120 has put a huge demand on the shrinking supply of 120 PSs.  I've played for 18+ years, multiple accounts and like some as age advances have some health issues that reduce any desire I have to go to Fel.  I've been there, been lied to a lot, PK'd over and over, it's just not my cup of tea, so allow me to share my feelings without name calling or jumping down my throat... I'm probably older than you, but still love the game.  I've been to live town halls in Seattle and was amazed that Fel players just couldn't figure out why we didn't want to go to Fel, to lose our stuff to you, lose lots of Insurance money, and take all the abuse Fel folks loved to dish out.  Amazing!  Abuse us then wonder why Fel lost players? 

Okay, so I save my UO gold, never purchased 1 gps, and buy some things to buff up characters, and PSs when (IF) available.  But since Pet Imbuing hit, the supply of PSs has plummeted, and prices have likely increased.  You might want 5-6 PS 120s on your Tamer, and some other chars but holy cow... maybe 20-50+ 120 PSs for all your favorite pets?  I bet a number of Tamers have given up hope to acquire all those 120s!  I don't think I've been able to get any the past few months.  At first I was hopeful with all the new excitement I had about Pet Imbuing, but hope came crashing down with almost no supply of 120s.

There is no consensus in previous comments.  I noticed that some want to dictate what others do, bad feeling in the mouth and heart if that is allowed to happen.  Some argue the same beneficial result by doing 180 degree opposite "solutions".  Crazy.

Devs are married to the notion of PSs ONLY in Fel, but I sure wish there was a less stressful way of getting PSs than being abused in Fel, or forever waiting (and giving up) to find PSs on my home shard.  Just fix it so we have a chance, playing it our way, rather than favoring scripters, multiboxers, and those who almost live only to play UO and dominate everyone else.  It's supposed to be fun!  Because if it ceases being fun, I'll just walk away, no longer helping to drive the UO economy.

Thanks for listening!

Kiera, Tamer (one of my fav chars)
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,252
    Very well said @Kiera