Spell Focusing Sash

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
Both Clients, when you disable the Spell Focusing effect, you receive the system message twice.

This bugs me, i don't know why, it's just unprofessional.
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2020
    A second bug with this sash,

It seems that when you cast the "harm" spell on a valid target at a distance of greater than 2 tiles, you're unable to build up any focus on a target up to 100%, (but strangely post 100% the focus does build)

I think this is due to the low spell damage output (when damage is less than 3), as when i arm a 50% sdi book, the focus does build. Maybe this is intended..
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Please note, if you remove the sash, you're no longer under the spell focusing effect, yet the buff remains.

Expected result: buff to disappear on removal of sash.

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2022
    Mervyn said:
    Please note, if you remove the sash, you're no longer under the spell focusing effect, yet the buff remains.

Expected result: buff to disappear on removal of sash.
    “I should clarify. Currently on official classic client, the only way to create a macro to enable/disable spell focusing is by using the dress macros, to wear an enabled spell focusing sash or non focusing sash. 
    And with the buff remaining after you remove the focusing enabled sash it can be confusing. Currently a work around is to dye the different sashes different Colors however this limits you to wearing a transmogrified parrot or epaulette to be able to see the sash..
    would be nice if this bug was fixed so you have the option to wear a robe/shroud too. And also to cleanse the buff bar.

(This has not been reported before as non official client users just enable/disable the spell focusing sash using a macro so they avoid the buff remaining bug AND don’t need to carry a second sash

its interesting that nobody else has complained about this problem in 2 years, I guess that says something about the clients being used)”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited October 2022
    “Hello I am having issue with this now.

My workaround for this bug is no longer possible as I cannot transmog the new robe (mantle of archlich) onto a parrot 
    (https://forum.uo.com/discussion/7412/cannot-repair-parrot)
    So I cannot see which sash I am wearing under the robe.

please fix at least one of these two bugs, or preferably both
    (Or add capability to make macro to enable/disable spell focusing)

Players should not have to download the illegal client just to wear Mantle of the Archlich”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    In ec you can just drag it to a hotbar
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    In ec you can just drag it to a hotbar
    "then what please? "

Single click to use or set hot key 
    “It doesn’t appear to be doing anything.
    what do you mean by use?”
    Is not your issue you can't activate in cc because it's hidden? 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    After a query as to how this might work I have experimented a little. Dragging the item to a hot bar does not work because you need to right click it to get the context menu, however there is a way to make that menu accessible in EC. Here's how I did it:
    First, in a hotbar slot place your 'store default object' icon and set that as the sash.
    Then in the macro 'target object one, use targeted object'. Then right click on the target bar, as shown, to access the menu.

edited October 2022
    “It’s no good sorry
    cant stop moving to right click menu.

other client can create macro to toggle on/off.

if you have to stop for 1 second to click a menu you will be dead of course.

A solution exists for both clients already (just swapping using dress) but need buff to disappear when sash no longer being worn, is stupid bug”
    edited October 2022
    resolved in ***** client
    outstanding in CC"

edited January 2023
    “I found this spell focusing debuff in the buff/debuff files

its possible it’s supposed to start off as a red debuff then when reaching positive it turns green?

Also feature request: for spell focusing %age to show on buff without having to mouse over it”
    edited January 2023
    “Also,
    In CC, my kluge solution to dress/undress the sash to enable/disable focusing on a macro that is causing bug of buff to remain after sash removed has a second issue. Dressing/undressing will cause spell interruption. Obviously not ideal for a spell casting mod.
    Whereas enabling/disabling the sash does not. So this is another bug that is avoided by EC

so again ideal solution is to add macro option to toggle spell focusing in CC too”