EC bugs to fix please!

ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
@Bleak

Some that immediately come to mind specific to EC.  Not running pinco...

1. The healthbars stop updating for players and pets after some play time.  Maybe a memory leak?  Easily reproduces when running 1-2 champ spawns where many mobs are encountered.  I have the mobiles bar active.  Also impacts the ability to drag health bars after a time.  Possibly the damage windows leaking?  Garbage collection after a time?
2. EC hangs for about 30 seconds entering certain shadowguard rooms.  Most obvious on the "bar".  If you enter with a group of 3+ people, you'll often enter the room dead as the encounter happily starts without you.  If there is no easy fix for EC, please delay the encounter spawn 30 seconds.
3. The bandage next damaged pet mobile doesn't generally work, as enemies get categorized as mobiles (attempts to heal damaged enemies).

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited July 2020
    The heath bar issue is happening every time, it affects every monsters from shadowguard, Champ spawn, high seas, dungeons etc. It is a critical bug, please help to fix this asap, thanks @Bleak
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Please let the "Get Hue" macro action be used outside of a house. It would remove the need for a tamer to carry a house decoration tool around to find out what color a beast is.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    If mediation fails there is no cool down timer shown to let you know how long you need to wait before you can try to mediate again. However, there is a cool down timer if mediation was successful. 
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    edited July 2020
    I have a couple I wish to add to this list:

using the tracking skill does not show a cooldown timer like hiding or detect hidden does for example.

show names of incoming players is not working reliably. not even using an all names macro helps with this, they just run around on your screen without a name above their character.

sometimes other players appear as naked characters on foot (running naked man) until you double click them. After clicking them they will show dressed and mounted again.

ghost spawn and ghost characters are still a problem. Monsters or player characters will get "stuck" on your screen and the game will attempt to target them causing issues with target nearest macros. Only thing that gets rid of them is reloging (which is not an option in the middle of a fight for example).

sometimes when using a smoke bomb your character will suddenly pop back one tile and become unhidden. Not sure if this is lag but it seems like it has something to do with the EC not tracking your position correctly and trying to correct it.

the block war on party feature isn't working reliably. Sometimes party members will be attacked despite block war on party being active.

some CC vs EC issues:

circle of transparency is still too small, please make it the same size as in CC

EC handles shadowjump differently than CC does. When another player shadowjumps in CC you see a smoke cloud at the position he jumped from. In EC you don't see anything.

Please add the auto open corpse feature CC has to the EC as well.
    edited July 2020
    Over the years the bugs are accumulating and there isn't much done for each update.

Rate of bug increased > Rate of bug resolved.

It will get worse and worse.

I read this somewhere:
    Customers do not expect you to be perfect, but they do expect you to solve a problem as they arise.

Then the reply could be manpower issue. Too few staff to handle pvp, bugs, new content, etc.

So then we ask for results only: Is there really a plan to resolve the bugs, or will EC die a natural death one day - so will be my days in UO.
    @Misk @Bleak

Among all the bugs submitted, I feel this is one of the really critical bug. It affects us during fighting, and could happen to any monster.

It normally starts fine, but after a while or something triggered the health bar to stop working. This especially prominent in monsters with high HP, such as Invasion Generals, or the Champspawn bosses. We don't really see the HP for weaker monsters, but for the bosses, we need to know when to swap to luck gear, or where to cast WOD, etc. For Travesty, for example, we know it will call help when HP reaches 10%?

This is a critical bug, please please please add into your bug list to be resolved. Every day I play I dread this thing would happen suddenly and have no idea what actions would trigger this.
    Sorry to trouble either one of you, is it possible to move this thread to bug forum?
    Thanks!
    edited May 2021
    I wanted to ask earlier if this issue has been included in the bug list.

I have been fighting high hp monsters recently, e.g. champ spawn boss hp stops updating after a while e.g. at 90% health and stays that way until suddenly it dies.

I think this is a functional issue and it definitely affects game play. Please help to expedite this issue, thanks!
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I have experienced this one, and I hope it gets fixed soon, but in the meantime. I discovered by accident one day while fighting Rikktor that there is a sort of work around to reduce the annoyance a little.  I was retreating when he 'huffed' till after he roared and actually went far enough for his life bar to grey out, when I returned it lit back up, updated.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I think clicking and dragging the healthbar sometimes updates it too. 
    @Petra_Fyde
    Ok, I will try that out next time and see if it works. But eventually it’s better to have this fixed.

@dvvid
    Yes I think it works when I double clicked in the past, but I tried again with Unbound EV and Piper but no.
    I have experienced this one, and I hope it gets fixed soon, but in the meantime. I discovered by accident one day while fighting Rikktor that there is a sort of work around to reduce the annoyance a little.  I was retreating when he 'huffed' till after he roared and actually went far enough for his life bar to grey out, when I returned it lit back up, updated.

Ok, this method works (run away and back), but is not good for gameplay experience. I am concern new players trying out EC will find this bug amazing...

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I agree it is by far preferable for this to be fixed, but in the meantime, my work around at least reduces the annoyance level.
    EC health bar bug still not fix.

Health bar is the most basic display for any game. It makes the game looks like a beta going to be deleted soon.

Of all bugs please fix this ASAP.

@Mesanna @Kyronix @Misk @Bleak
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2022
    “Actually this happens on CC too.

it happens when you drag too many health bars (10), and you have to log out/in to correct the issue.

I’ll make an assumption the cause is the same on EC (except the bars are probably not pulled manually but automatically with the mobiles bar)”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    “Actually this happens on CC too.

it happens when you drag too many health bars (10), and you have to log out/in to correct the issue.

I’ll make an assumption the cause is the same on EC (except the bars are probably not pulled manually but automatically with the mobiles bar)”
    I am not too sure of the causes, but I know normally it works fine and after some time it just suddenly stopped updating. It’s irritating when we don’t know how much life is left on a paragon.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
    edited September 2023

Bleak, regarding issue #1 (healthbars not updating)

This (link) appears to fix the issue. Can you propogate this/similiar change to all EC users?

If you want a "1-line" fix, something like the bold below likely works, without fixing other leaks/etc:

MobileHealthBar.lua
    function MobileHealthBar.UpdateStatus(mobileId)
    local windowName = "MobileHealthBar_"..mobileId

local mobileData = Interface.GetMobileData(mobileId, true)
    local data = mobileData -- (avoid double/out-of-sync data dependency) previously was local data = WindowData.MobileName[mobileId]
    See this link for more background on #2.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,900
    The fact that this is a 3+ years old post and all these bugs are still active is so unacceptable 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Think many of these bugs are the result of UO’s servers and your servers just not being able to keep up with the action.  Not sure we’re the fault lies but it appears to be more of a computing power problem than a programing problem.  Maybe it’s the programming language used.  At any rate it appears to be more of a data processing overload than anything else.  Wish developers would just admit that.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    edited September 2023
    Arnold7 said:
    Think many of these bugs are the result of UO’s servers and your servers just not being able to keep up with the action.  Not sure we’re the fault lies but it appears to be more of a computing power problem than a programing problem.  Maybe it’s the programming language used.  At any rate it appears to be more of a data processing overload than anything else.  Wish developers would just admit that.
    It appears to be an error within the EC's code. It is fixed with Pinco's UI. The changes ForeverFun posted also appear to fix (at least some of) the problems with health bars. I say "some" as a qualifier, because there still might be something going on that the posted fixes don't address.

The programming language used (primarily) for the EC is Lua, which is/was used for CryEngine, Amazon Lumberyard, and now Star Citizen's Star Engine. So, any problems are unlikely to be Lua.

It could be that some of the Lua code is linking back to proprietary Origin code - which I believe was referred to as "Wombat" - but that's still blaming the language, which is both the easy way out and inaccurate, since these problems are fixed in Pinco's and with ForeverFun's changes in the linked thread.
    -Arroth