Pub 108 - Ultima Store Items Feedback

2»

Comments

• KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited March 2020
    The dungeon bull - probably should be named what it actually is... but that is a bit morbid.

anyhoo.. would be interesting if it also played a sound when approached (a la singing ball) - but would be a person groaning or something (or screaming, if the devs wish it - but groaning is better I think). And of course, the ability to turn it off and on. Now THAT I would throw some cash for. Love the artwork on this one - but really, some sound or the off puff of steam from the snout would be awesome-er.

put it an the dungeon fountains on display in TC/Luna. 

Enjoy

ETA:
    Got some dyes, cos obviously the fountains need the dye - but dying the bull kinds messes with the flames. Can please adjust that?

Used Tokuno Pigments (berserker red & luna white)

• fonsvitaefonsvitae Posts: 51
    @Kirthag And here I thought it was a representation of the golden calf, but looking at the welding lines on that thing, your assessment seems the more correct one.

That said, what a silly torture device that bull is. A pot with a lid would have done just as well.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    A Golden Torture Device.  I love it!  Fix the fire so we can dye the Bull. Please
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    edited March 2020
    The fire would look much better un-dyed 
  • I like the new dungeon set. The Fountain is perfect. The Bull is great only if you don't dye it. You were able to keep the skulls on the fountain the same color but have the pool and water be dyed. When you dye the Bull it become 1 solid color. Is it possible to keep the flame as is and just have the Bull be dyed instead of the whole piece ? The furniture is awesome also but it is lighter in color. You need a Dark Wall & Floor to show it off in color.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I still have a 1000 sovereign Coconut Crab that was a wasted purchase.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    edited March 2020
    @Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna How about adding a "pet reincarnation token". Use it on a pet to reset it back to it's origional stats/slots, and drops any power scrolls previously used on the pet onto your packback to reuse (even as, say "pet only use"). I suspect it would be a HUGE seller, at 1500-2500 sovereigns!!!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Can add in a retouch tool that can change all the high lights on mounts to more natural colors or remove them all together 
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited August 2021
    Old thread, but yeah, the Anvil of Artifacts sucks. Just bought one as i'm trying to finish up my Dexxer Luck Suit, and i'm trying to craft a Studded Gorget with low Physical/low Fire/high Energy (2/4/3/11/16 is what i was crafting with the Anvil), and reforge it to clean 150 Luck (+LMC or +Stam as well is fine) using a Horned Runic with just Grand Artifice+Inspired Artifice (Auspicious/of Fortune). In 18 attempts, i ended up with 0 clean 150 Luck Studded Gorgets. The closest i got, was a Studded Gorget with 150 Luck but it also boosted the Energy Resist from 16 to 26, taking it over what i needed and eating up a property slot/intensity, making it to where i couldn't imbue what i wanted on it.
    The moment you introduce the RNG of the Reforging system into the mix, the Anvil of Artifacts becomes a waste.

Seriously, the only real reason you'd have to use the Anvil of Artifacts, is when trying to craft a Luck Suit. Major/Legendary Artifact loot provides superior Mage/Dexxer armor compared to what can be crafted, but Auspicious/of Fortune doesn't spawn on Major/Legendary Artifact loot (so no high-end Luck gear, asides from the pre-patch no-name Legendaries that go for several Plat).

@Kyronix There any particular reason why Auspicious/of Fortune does not spawn on high end armor anymore?
    Major/Legendary Artifacts that were Auspicious+of Wizardry would be perfect for a Caster Luck Suit, but Dexxers would still be forced to rely upon crafted gear to have a Luck Suit with both +Stam and +LMC.

• King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    Old thread, but yeah, the Anvil of Artifacts sucks. Just bought one as i'm trying to finish up my Dexxer Luck Suit, and i'm trying to craft a Studded Gorget with low Physical/low Fire/high Energy (2/4/3/11/16 is what i was crafting with the Anvil), and reforge it to clean 150 Luck (+LMC or +Stam as well is fine) using a Horned Runic with just Grand Artifice+Inspired Artifice (Auspicious/of Fortune). In 18 attempts, i ended up with 0 clean 150 Luck Studded Gorgets. The closest i got, was a Studded Gorget with 150 Luck but it also boosted the Energy Resist from 16 to 26, taking it over what i needed and eating up a property slot/intensity, making it to where i couldn't imbue what i wanted on it.
    The moment you introduce the RNG of the Reforging system into the mix, the Anvil of Artifacts becomes a waste.

Seriously, the only real reason you'd have to use the Anvil of Artifacts, is when trying to craft a Luck Suit. Major/Legendary Artifact loot provides superior Mage/Dexxer armor compared to what can be crafted, but Auspicious/of Fortune doesn't spawn on Major/Legendary Artifact loot (so no high-end Luck gear, asides from the pre-patch no-name Legendaries that go for several Plat).

@ Kyronix There any particular reason why Auspicious/of Fortune does not spawn on high end armor anymore?
    Major/Legendary Artifacts that were Auspicious+of Wizardry would be perfect for a Caster Luck Suit, but Dexxers would still be forced to rely upon crafted gear to have a Luck Suit with both +Stam and +LMC.

This is why I suggested they rework reforging to where it has a menu that pops up showing the mods that would go on the piece and you got to pick whether you wanted to apply them to the piece or not. 

As it is, anvil of artifacts is nothing more than deco. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    There should be no random in crafting and of story...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited August 2021
    AMEN  Even if it cost more resources that would be great.
    Yes when it takes hundreds of reforges to maybe get an item close to what you want, The anvil is useless.

We should be able to apply it when the item is completed.  Or make it have 100 charges.

I have never tried for just Luck so maybe that would be too easy if it had more charges. 

But Mystic of Haste is not too easy.  Or any two property reforge.
    McDougle said:
    There should be no random in crafting and of story...
    Imbue has no random.  Random happens when you have the chance for higher values. Trade off.
    Risk vs reward.

But the avil has no reward because 10 never makes what you want one time.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    Pawain said:
    Yes when it takes hundreds of reforges to maybe get an item close to what you want, The anvil is useless.

We should be able to apply it when the item is completed.  Or make it have 100 charges.

I have never tried for just Luck so maybe that would be too easy if it had more charges. 

But Mystic of Haste is not too easy.  Or any two property reforge.
    “I agree”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.