DEAR DEVELOPERS..... can we please have next Year's Arc be focused on CRAFTING and Crafters ?

1235»

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,954
    Bilbo said:
    Bilbo said:
    Another clueless crafter trying to tell us how easy it is to make anything worth while in crafting.

Your struggle with crafting is your problem, it isn't a complicated system unless you think grouped randomization is beyond comprehension.   

It's basic, your perception of me is basic, as is your posting.

LOL  No my understanding of you just like the OP is spot on as you  try to get people to believe you are both so wise and know what is better for the game despite the fact that nobody but you two think this is a great idea.

If you are as wise as you try to make yourself out to be how about you and popps get together and do what @ Rorschach suggested.

You do understand that there is a big difference between not knowing how to do something and knowing how to do something and choosing not to do it because it is not worth the effort, but you think because someone chooses not to do something means they do not know how to do it just proves my point that you are clueless.

Can't wait to see your and popps proposal.

Trying to baffle people with endless drivel and bs does not mean you know squat.
    You do understand that there is a big difference between not knowing how to do something and knowing how to do something and choosing not to do it because it is not worth the effort.....

That is my point....

I would like Crafting to be improved, so as to be possible to make same quality High End items as those being looted, which I think it as necessary in order to make it a worthwhile Profession for those players who actually enjoy Crafting as their MAIN activity in Ultima Online, BUT, at the same one time, make the Crafting learning process and mechanics such a "steep" learning curve and time consuming activity that the largest majority of players will "choose" not to bother with it because too much effort to be put in for whatever advantage they might be getting from it....

Bear with me for a minute, please....

Players who enjoy fighting, usually, just use a Crafter for their personal needs, to support their Fighter, that is. So, saved helping out a Guild mate or a friend, occsaionally, their Crafter is only used scarcely, whenever they may need something.

Players who instead enjoy Crafting, do use a Crafter most of their time, sell their wares to fellow players and all that.

Now, my vision of an enhancement for Crafting, would be one that makes Crafting sufficiently a burden and a chore for all those players who only seldomly use it for personal needs or for a friend here and there to "deter" them from wanting to bother, BUT, at the same time, make it a viable played Profession for those players who, instead, are not intimidated by putting the learning effort that it takes to really Master it and the significant time necessary to actually craft these High End items having the same quality of those looted....

This way, all those players who think that Crafting is not worth their effort, both in the work necessary to Learn all of its ins and outs as well as the actual time to craft the items, will necessarily have to resort for their Crafting needs and services, to those other players who, instead, decided that Crafting was their "Main" occupation and time investment in Ultima Online and, thus, took their time and effort to Learn and Master it.

At that point, we would have a balanced out scenario between Looted High End items and Crafted High End items and both could well co-exist without either one dominating the other.

At least, that is the way I see it.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    I'm going to lock this now.
    My reasons. popps has posted his reasoning and ideas sufficiently often and detailed that the developers should fully understand his position
    opposers are becoming more incensed and less respectful the longer the thread goes on. Time to call a halt.
This discussion has been closed.