Please make IDOCs go away for good

This is another topic that the Devs are choosing to ignore.
The whole idoc system need to be changed or go away for good.
The current system only benefit the scripters.
The whole 5-10-15 hours is not working as it should, of 100 houses that goes idoc, way over 90 of them collapse at 15 hours only.
Pls dont allow pack horses near idocs, make the area retricted like you have for new toons or ejs. There is people that bring 25-30 packies to idocs. Everybody know who they are and to make even worst , someone sold them a packie script and now you see 4 or 5 different crews coming to idocs with 20-30 packies each crew, and dry the place out in seconds. You can even see them trying to pick up heavy boxes with their script and you will see bouncing back on the floor every sec bc is too heavy.
Thaj the devs say, page on them???? We paged 1000000000000x and guess what, they keep coming and they are now bringing even more and more and more packies.
No wonder people are quitting.
Pls remove idocs for goods or create a restriction for the use of packies on those areas. Make a way that people cant take the boxes from the floor. Whatever anything at this point.

Comments

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,831
    The last two on Siege dropped at 5 hrs the one before that i think was at 10.  Please Do not remove IDOCS we are having way too much fun on Siege killing each other and fighting for the loot and then the spot (if it is a coveted spot) i would say send the Dark Lady a personal invite to her email on the next IDOC and see if you can get her to look at it, but getting rid of IDOCS is too extreme.  
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• LeonidasLeonidas Posts: 30
    or they can make all Idocs area like Siege :)
    but TBH, I have to agree with this topic, the amount of pack horses showing nowadays it is amazing! and they are all controlled by 1 person for sure, most of them, I guess friend their packies to a main account and they loot the place in seconds. 
    I also paged many times and nothing, so We are getting to the point that you ask 1x, 10x, 100x and when nothing happens, you just give up and quit doing .
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,831
    edited May 2019
    Leonidas said:
    or they can make all Idocs area like Siege :)
    but TBH, I have to agree with this topic, the amount of pack horses showing nowadays it is amazing! and they are all controlled by 1 person for sure, most of them, I guess friend their packies to a main account and they loot the place in seconds. 
    I also paged many times and nothing, so We are getting to the point that you ask 1x, 10x, 100x and when nothing happens, you just give up and quit doing .
    I could get into that, i don't do many IDOC's on prodo, but the few that i have done I saw the Packy brigade,  kinda sad.  That doesn't happen on Siege cause the Packies would get slaughtered. But don't give up or get discouraged, that's what they want, just keep trying and don't let it get to you.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    (...)
    Pls dont allow pack horses near idocs, make the area retricted like you have for new toons or ejs. There is people that bring 25-30 packies to idocs. Everybody know who they are and to make even worst , someone sold them a packie script and now you see 4 or 5 different crews coming to idocs with 20-30 packies each crew, and dry the place out in seconds. You can even see them trying to pick up heavy boxes with their script and you will see bouncing back on the floor every sec bc is too heavy.
    Thaj the devs say, page on them???? We paged 1000000000000x and guess what, they keep coming and they are now bringing even more and more and more packies.
    (...)
    +1000

This is a PERFECT idea. NO PACKIES in a REALLY wide radius around an IDOC will nullify a big
    chunck of the damned scripter "effortes".

• My biggest complaint is the 5-10-15 hour timer. Just pick one and stick to it. If devs insist on keeping those random times, then put the time the house went IDOC onto the house sign.
    a lot of people already told @Mesanna ; and @Bleak ; and @Kyronix ; that the 5, 10 and 15 hours are NOT working as it should, 90% of the time houses only collapse at the 15 hours, so they 33.33% rate is NOT working, and again this only favor the AFK scripters or the current packies Army.
    I agree with you 100% , put the time that the house will collapse on the sign or announce on the Town Cryer or make Packies NOT allowed on the area or don't do anything at all and just delete Idocs from the game. would be nice to log on the shard one day and notice that the luna next door is gone or the castle next to you is gone and the area is open to anyone to plot. would be FAIR game.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Kill the packie exploit and we could end up with a bunch of multiboxers.  The DEVs need to come to these IDOCs as much as possible and bring a BIG BAN HAMMER with them until the scripters get the point.
    you cant even get a GM, imagine a Dev.
    you page today and 20 days later you will get an email saying, sorry that we missed you in the day that you page!, We will SOON* investigate that!
  • CetricCetric Posts: 152
    edited May 2019
    Idoc loot should go to an auction box, like bidding on a storage locker left behind.  But instead of a winning bid taking it it is a lottery system, you can buy as many tickets on a box as you want.  Nothing is indicated on any given box about it's it's contents other than maybe home owner name and house style.
    and than the people with a lot of gold would win (again).
    RMT sites would sell gold like crazy!
  • AnglesWingsAnglesWings Posts: 22
    Not long ago, someone gave an idea that I honestly think is the best solution other than just delete idocs from the game.

Make all houses collapse at the server up.
    This would kill all the scripters as they have no way to be on all idocs at the same time or have time to setup their scripts , bc as soon as the server is up, the house would be gone already.
    This will be awesome because now you know that all houses will fall at 6am at the east coast shards, all houses on the west coast would fall at 8am, European shards at 12am and japanese shards at 6pm.  So would give at least chouces to anyone do idocs on various shards and all houses would collapse se time as the server up, dividing the people according to their priorities. No more wasting 15 hours waiting, the house would be gone at server up and people can plan their rest of the day.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Not long ago, someone gave an idea that I honestly think is the best solution other than just delete idocs from the game.

Make all houses collapse at the server up.
    This would kill all the scripters as they have no way to be on all idocs at the same time or have time to setup their scripts , bc as soon as the server is up, the house would be gone already.
    This will be awesome because now you know that all houses will fall at 6am at the east coast shards, all houses on the west coast would fall at 8am, European shards at 12am and japanese shards at 6pm.  So would give at least chouces to anyone do idocs on various shards and all houses would collapse se time as the server up, dividing the people according to their priorities. No more wasting 15 hours waiting, the house would be gone at server up and people can plan their rest of the day.
    STANDING OVATION!!!

(Plus a "No-Packie Zone"!)
  • Just throwing it out there to whoever wants to have some fun...

Grab a Shepard's crook and start herding up a swarm of whatever is aggressive nearby to show the area some love.
  • Idocs are great.  the packy scripting tho has gotten way out of control.....I can deal with 15 scripters, there after items or what have you …..what I cannot deal with is 1 person "or 2"  there with 20 packys  running a script that auto loads boxes, trunks and any other container.  You cannot compete with it.  they don't even have to be at the pc to do it....they line the house with their packys, 5 on each toon and they run that packy auto load script on each one.....you know I actually counted at a castle once, and the same toon brought in 25 accounts with 5 packys each....everything on the outside walls vanished before people could run to the middle.....its greedy, its selfish and its out of control...…. and Mesanna turns a blind eye to it.  .and after the packys are loaded the scripty bots will sit and flash trying to throw boxes on the horses and they continuously hit the ground  and it just goes on and on until the person controlling the bots comes around to tell all the packys "that are friended to him" to follow him as he stops the scripts on his bots...……. Idocs were the 1 thing I truly enjoyed in uo and I can no longer enjoy them.   Oblivion is amazing.....im shutting my 4 ea accounts down Monday, im done yall. just cant deal with it anymore...……   its been a fun 20! and im gonna try to fall in love with UO again only not here.
  • you know people time idocs, GMs have been give the exact fall times  and still wont show up....or if they are they are turning their heads to it as well......but I seriously doubt their even showing up......so its not like their having to set in a blind and just wait for their target to walk up on them....they know when to be there, they know the cords.....that is no excuse
  • SummonedSummoned Posts: 37
    So the real problem is scripting and CC client again. Just like the other 100 post. 
  • SoldahouseSoldahouse Posts: 129
    Your wrong on 90% fall at 15 hour mark. Yesterday all 5 idocs fell on the 5 hour mark or 10 hour mark. Today I had 6 and 3 fell on the 5 hour mark.  Very few seem to take 15 hours to fall. Im trying to share all Atl idocs with everyone, so I have been going to them last few weeks. I do see packies but I also fill my backpack up, sometimes recalling to empty it out and refill it again. When a big house falls it takes about 5 minutes for everything to be picked up. when its a small house or not much in it, its gone fast. I know there are cheaters I just haven't seen them in the 2 weeks I have been going to idocs and very few last the whole 15 hours. 
  • you should try idocing on GL, Europa, LA, Drach, Asuka and a couple others...you would see exactly what we are talking about with the packy thing.....
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    " its been a fun 20! and im gonna try to fall in love with UO again only not here."

Drop by somewhere once in a while and let us know how that goes.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,793
    I wonder if there is a way to disable all scripting in the area for a minute after a house falls. It would mean client changes.   That would put an end to the scripting issue.
  • TimSt said:
    I wonder if there is a way to disable all scripting in the area for a minute after a house falls. It would mean client changes.   That would put an end to the scripting issue.
    From a programming point of view, that's not possible.
  • Summoned said:
    So the real problem is scripting and CC client again. Just like the other 100 post. 
    This to me is like people saying Apple computers can't get a virus. In reality they can, it's just that the majority of the public uses PC. So people who create a virus are more likely to make one for PC than Mac.

If classic client were to shut down, then everyone would be playing EC or quitting. If the scripters decide to stick around, they'll start creating programs/scripts for EC, assuming they haven't already.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,793
    TimSt said:

It should be possible considering they were able to re-enable the crafting actions like make-last. They could add an if statement like "if (time < g_timeHouseFell + g_idocTimeLimit) { return; } to each of the scriptable actions.
    Summoned said:
    You do understand that you can write a script for the EC with the EC and please tell me you do not think that scripts haven't already been written for the EC.
  • TimSt said:
    TimSt said:

It should be possible considering they were able to re-enable the crafting actions like make-last. They could add an if statement like "if (time < g_timeHouseFell + g_idocTimeLimit) { return; } to each of the scriptable actions.
    I don’t see how that would stop a 3rd party script though. I’m fairly new to programming and have only worked with java (and a tiny bit of swift) so far. So maybe I’m missing something. 
    They do not have to write something to stop it alls they need to do is look and they can see it running and pull the person to jail which if I am not mistaken stops all activity from that account.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    Posts have been removed from this thread, please DO NOT post content that could be deemed as libelous.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 22
    Question: Would you rather the team spent their time chasing down these accounts, which requires actually catching them in the act, not watching a video, or developing the game and investigating and fixing bugs?

Another Question: If you delegated this task to GMs should they stop answering help calls to do it?  

There are only so many hours in a day and only a finite number of Broadsword employees, rather less than the number of cheaters you can find.  They do catch and remove some, as posted on the newsletters, there is a large difference between what is desirable and what is possible. Many older players understand that. 

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,339
    Please stop posting that quote. I do not condone cheating, far from it, I condemn it utterly, however as someone who has moderated a forum and removed countless numbers of screen prints showing client hacks over many years, I believe I have a better understanding of the scale of that particular problem and a far less simplistic view on what it would take to fix it.  This thread is not the same problem.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    Some disrespectful posts have been removed.
This discussion has been closed.