Evasion Timer Broken 2

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
edited February 2019 in PvP / VvV
At the risk of a slap on the wrist for re-opening a closed thread, it seems this has been fixed for publish 104:
"Resolved issue with Bushido Evasion cooldown not correctly starting at the end of the ability."

I initially said there was no evidence to suggest it was broken. I asked the question about how the timers in spellweaving work (didn't get a response), and so wrongly assumed the cooldown started from activation. However after actually checking spellweaving. The cooldowns do indeed start at the end of attunement and gift of renewal. So I now agree that it was bugged and am happy with the fix.

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• PaithanPaithan Posts: 120
    I accept your apology.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Not an apology. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• TjalleTjalle Posts: 77
    From what I can tell it wasn´t broken so not sure why they are "fixing" it. @Bleak
    I can´t find any info anywhere that mentions a 20 sec timer between finish and restart. Maybe I didn´t look hard enough...
    All I found was this from Pub 46:
    • Evasion can now only be activated once every 20 seconds.

http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_46

So it sounds to me like it works like it´s supposed to.

But if it was indeed broken then I guess Whispering is broken as well since the timer on that starts directly after you start it, not after it finish...
    edited March 2019
    Nice, i will test warcry and a few more masteries too. I suspect there’s also a discrepancy with system messages too. 

edited March 2019

As @Tjalle said, Whispering's timer also starts from activation and not from the end of the spell effect, and at 120 taming/lore we're talking about a significant 600 seconds.

(The same is true for Warcry however, this spell lasts about 10 seconds and the cooldown is 20 minutes so it's not important.)

There are a couple of discrepancies with system messages/clilocs too sorry.
    Evasion (on test centre), warcry, and whispering,  when you try to cast the spell when the spell is already under effect you'll just get the standard message:
    "You must wait x seconds before you can use this ability again."
    Can you make it say:
    "This spell is already in effect." like it does with spellweaving spells. (Then after the spell is not in effect to give the message "You must wait x seconds before you can use this ability again.")

Also with Attunement and Gift of renewal, after the spell is no longer in effect but during the cooldown we receive a message "You must wait before trying again." can you change this to
    "You must wait x seconds before you can use this ability again."

• The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    I mean if were going to fix this type of issue, then every talisman in game that has an ability (i.e. summon orc brute, summon animal type)  needs to be fixed too.  Once you pop a brute out the talisman timer starts counting down and brute stays up for 10-15 mins, it only takes 30 mins total to reset talisman to pop it again.  
    edited March 2019
    Talisman summons are a little different, they're not a buff. But yeah that is a legit argument to make.