Evasion Timer Broken

PaithanPaithan Posts: 46
The evasion timer is supposed to be 20 seconds.  The problem is the timer to recast evasion starts right when someone starts to evade (which lasts 6-8 seconds).  That makes it so the actual timer is somewhere between 12-14 seconds.  I have brought this up many times before- but never got an answer as to why the timer works like that.  Can you let us know if that was intended- because it seems pretty broken to me to be able to Evade 60% of attacks for 8 seconds, have a 12 second cool down and repeat.  

Comments

  • MervynMervyn Posts: 1,113
    Don’t all cooldowns work from time of activation rather than end of effect? 
    Genuine question, are there some cooldowns that start from end of effect over activation? 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

    Breaking in the young since 2002
  • PaithanPaithan Posts: 46
    Mervyn said:
    Don’t all cooldowns work from time of activation rather than end of effect? 
    Genuine question, are there some cooldowns that start from end of effect over activation? 
    Most other cool downs that I can think of are instant cast/use and don't work for an amount of time such as the 6-8s of evade.  

    That 6/8s on a 20s cool down is pretty significant. You are evading for 30-40% of the cooldown.  
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 1,113
    Well, how does gift of renewal and skill cooldowns work? say you meditate and after 10 seconds i’m sure you can meditate again even though you’re still meditating. 

    As far as I can think, every cooldown is from activation and I’d like to keep things consistent. 

    Perhaps you’d like to simply increase the evasion cooldown time.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

    Breaking in the young since 2002
  • PaithanPaithan Posts: 46
    Mervyn said:
    Well, how does gift of renewal and skill cooldowns work? say you meditate and after 10 seconds i’m sure you can meditate again even though you’re still meditating. 

    As far as I can think, every cooldown is from activation and I’d like to keep things consistent. 

    Perhaps you’d like to simply increase the evasion cooldown time.
    Skill cooldowns are all the same. Skills are also instant (see post above).

    This is a spell (and a spell that uses a timer).
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 1,113
    I’m sure when the devs set the spell duration, they incorporated the cooldown timer into their calculations. There is no evidence to suggest otherwise as this is how every cooldown works. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

    Breaking in the young since 2002
  • PaithanPaithan Posts: 46
    Mervyn said:
    I’m sure when the devs set the spell duration, they incorporated the cooldown timer into their calculations. There is no evidence to suggest otherwise as this is how every cooldown works. 
     Forgive me if I don’t take your guess as fact. 

    I will wait wait and see what the devs say. If they say that a 12 second cool down to evade 60% of spells is correct then ok. If it was overlooked As many things have been over the years ... then they just need to correct/extend the timer to align with an actual 20 second timer. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 104
    I like the way it is for pvm. No issue to enforce the 20s for pvp.. though heh. 
  • PaithanPaithan Posts: 46
    Seth said:
    I like the way it is for pvm. No issue to enforce the 20s for pvp.. though heh. 
    I think anyone that uses it likes the way it is. 

    You can have evasion up 40% of the time you are playing and evade 60% of the spells for that time.  Makes it pretty hard to die.
  • SethSeth Posts: 104
    edited January 17
    Paithan said:
    Seth said:
    I like the way it is for pvm. No issue to enforce the 20s for pvp.. though heh. 
    I think anyone that uses it likes the way it is. 

    You can have evasion up 40% of the time you are playing and evade 60% of the spells for that time.  Makes it pretty hard to die.
    I am not sure for pvp, so I would assume that is true without going deeper. Will leave this for those who are using it for pvp to discuss. 

    For PvM, not so much. Actually, does evasion really evade all spells 100% during the 8 secs window? In my experience, I don't recall that it is 100% effective, I.e. perfect immunity in the 8 secs. Some still go through.

    In any case, one blood oath at the unexpected time is still instant death if I don't tab out in time. Not everyone has the same quick reaction. Like when fighting the Dark Father and its minion or the Lich at the Roof, it's easy to get carried away in the battle fighting the spawns and Boss at the same time, and suddenly BO strikes.

    Actually I did not try to time the 20 secs but I did test that I have the full 8 secs. If there is really only 12 secs of cool down and not 20... it still feels awfully long lol...
Sign In or Register to comment.