Moongate to star room does not appear on altar after slaying khal ankhur

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
Moongate to star room does not appear on altar in fel after slaying khal ankhur (also same is true for dragon turtle still)
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,121Dev
    edited September 2018
    The gate only appears with champions where a skull is dropped. 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited September 2018
    Like hythloth (Abyssal)and primevil?

Also, it was stated in a newsletter before that a gate would appear for dragon turtle. 

I agree with the logic however this would mean Abyssal and Primevil champions are then not behaving correctly. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

The implementation of the Dragon Turtle & Khal Ankur champ spawns occurred following the conventions set forth in the original implementation of the champion spawn system with regard to the gate/skull.  Why the two spawns you mention didn't, I can't speak to.  Given the inconsistency the other two spawns exist as a bug, albeit a very low priority one that has not ETA on being resolved.

I also had a look at the newsletter archive, and couldn't find where we referenced the gate appearing at the DT spawn, do you have a link?
    edited September 2018
    I also could not locate it anywhere in the archives, I can only conclude i was mistaken. (Unless it was post January 2018)

• GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    It is nice to have the gate for quick exit regardless of skull dropping or not.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 898
    meh, I honestly think the gates never should have been there for any spawn, same with the sparkles (teleporters) from dungeon to dungeon.

But the inconsistency about it "bugs" me more than anything.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited March 2019
    @Kyronix
    i found where a dev indicated they were adding a gate to star from dragon turtle champ at publish 100. It wasn’t a newsletter, it was here:
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/227/16-bugs-to-be-fixed-for-publish-100-please#latest

By Misk

(also stated there would be a brainstorming session at some point over what to do about insta pet logging during combat and i’ve since provided a solution that would not result in any loss of pets)

In the linked thread Misk repeats your list, with in-line responses to the listed issues.  There is no response in the linked thread regarding the Dragon Turtle gate.  The same is true as before, only Champions that drop Harrower summoning skulls spawn gates to the star room, and I will direct you to the previous response.

With regard to pet logging, thank you for your suggestions.  We will take them into consideration.
    edited March 2019
    yeah it's at the top, he lists some including this as:
    "These are all known issues that I have moved to the list of potential Publish 100 bug fixes. "

I don't really mind but i just saw and it and thought: so THAT's where i read it would be fixed..