NPCs do not accept cash

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
edited July 2018 in Bugs
Both clients, NPCs will not accept gold from your backpack when purchasing items and will only accept gold if deposited into the bank.

Expected result: gold to be taken primarily from backpack and secondarily from bank box. 
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• BasaraBasara Posts: 153
    It's been this way since the changes to the gold system.

This really needs changed, as it affects new and returning players who do not know about the changes. The ONLY thing currently that loose coin in the backpack can be used for is buying up skills (unless you count things like the Prism entry quest that you have to mark 10,000 gold as a quest item).
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    I think we may have lost an additional function here also. When you craft something, if you put the resources in a container, the items you craft would appear in that container. I can't remember but imagine if you used to put gold in a container, the items you purchase would fall in that container.

At the moment, all purchased items drop into the top level of the backpack as gold is (erroneously) taken from the bank.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002