Having just completed a second crafting skill, I feel no accomplishment, only relief...

2»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,641
    @Kyronix
    I just Got my Tailor to GM I added Tailor to my GM Smith/miner
    For completing tailor quest.
    Need more wool.  I used Trinsic, Delucia, and Moonglow.
    Maybe if Llamas could be sheared for wool?
    Wool too expensive in stores.

Had to do 25 BODs 3 times.  Would be nice if that was just 20 each.  But, I do hate filling BODs.
    I do love the new BOD system when you added cooking and more.  I do those. 
    I like the new Large BODs in NL.  The whip one should be ported to Prodo.

I like the quests as a break between BODs.  They have a story if you read them.

I am not going for Carpentry, I hear everyone asking where the Heartwood, Bloodwood, Yew trees are all the time.  Even tho my daughter just bought French Doors made of Hemlock wood.

Thanks,  I feel very accomplished, I can repair items and imbue weapons now.  About to imbue some whips.

For others thinking of Tailoring.  The polar bears on Ice give good amount of leather.
    You can party with your or a friends fighter, they kill stuff and you follow and skin.

If your tailor has a Beetle, you can kill bulls with it faster than solo.  Mine never got low HP.
    Could even drag around 1 - 5 Beetles for that.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PinochlePinochle Posts: 26
    Just a note on carpentry, the types of wood are everywhere and plentiful, the issue you are seeing from other players are the quests (really easy [follow the text telling you where to go every 15 seconds or so] except for Frostwood, which is on Dagger Island, and there now that one is also easy) Carpentry is the easyest and fastest craft to level and complete BODs for, plus my crafter has switched to using a Vanquishing Crossbow of Thunder and is having a blast at 100 skill and little open range danger. Mine has done Carpentry GM, Tailor GM, Blacksmith GM, and Alchemy to 50 (just cannot find the pheramone stuff in the hive, stil trying) and Archery at 100, the armor is all 70's except for the last one, which is 68.

Pinochle said:
    Just a note on carpentry, the types of wood are everywhere and plentiful, the issue you are seeing from other players are the quests (really easy [follow the text telling you where to go every 15 seconds or so] except for Frostwood, which is on Dagger Island, and there now that one is also easy) Carpentry is the easyest and fastest craft to level and complete BODs for, plus my crafter has switched to using a Vanquishing Crossbow of Thunder and is having a blast at 100 skill and little open range danger. Mine has done Carpentry GM, Tailor GM, Blacksmith GM, and Alchemy to 50 (just cannot find the pheramone stuff in the hive, stil trying) and Archery at 100, the armor is all 70's except for the last one, which is 68.

Ok what skills did you begin with?  So, I can become an Archer if I started as a Smith then added Tailoring.

Ya I been finding a lot of nice Bows.
  • PinochlePinochle Posts: 26
    There is an NPC that will change your fighting skill ONE time (well, those are his words, not really sure) and he or she was near the training grounds in Trinsic. By the time I found him I had already finished the carpentry, tailoring, and blacksmithing quest lines (in that order) but do not think I had started the alchemy training. People in chat helped me find the person that changed my skill. Do not remember if there was a charge, but they also transfered all of the skill points, so did not have to start from scratch. The job board even gave skill points for archery as an option, oh and PAY YOUR CITY BOD TURN IN RENT NOW, IT TOOK ME FOUR HOURS, WAIT TOO LONG AND WHINE WITH THE REST (is a special tab on your house sign designating your amount due and the expiration of you lease of the house if you fail to perform)
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 242
    edited August 29
    Pawain said:
    These design choices are made to help new players.

I played only 1 toon until Samurai Empire came out.

He had a bunch of skills that made a very poor template.  A mage swords tinker camper among other things.

NL makes you start with a decent set of base skills, then you can ruin your template later.  But in regards to crafting.  You can't mess up, you can only add crafting skills.

So yeah according to the latest dev diary they've gone ahead and corrected the issue this thread was about. There was nothing about protecting people from messing up their template, no attempt to compensate for it elsewhere, nothing. It was just an oversight that they went ahead and patched out once their attention was called to it.

It's pretty hilarious watching you stick up for obvious problems and oversights and make up excuses for them out of thin air, only to have the devs ignore all that and just correct them.

OP: "I'm having an issue."
    Pawain: "NO IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT, HERE LET ME EXPLAIN WHY!"
    Devs: "We see what you mean OP, let us fix that for you."
    Pawain: "UH OKAY CARRY ON THEN! GLAD I COULD HELP!"
    edited August 29
    Pawain said:
    These design choices are made to help new players.

I played only 1 toon until Samurai Empire came out.

He had a bunch of skills that made a very poor template.  A mage swords tinker camper among other things.

NL makes you start with a decent set of base skills, then you can ruin your template later.  But in regards to crafting.  You can't mess up, you can only add crafting skills.

So yeah according to the latest dev diary they've gone ahead and corrected the issue this thread was about. There was nothing about protecting people from messing up their template, no attempt to compensate for it elsewhere, nothing. It was just an oversight that they went ahead and patched out once their attention was called to it.

It's pretty hilarious watching you stick up for obvious problems and oversights and make up excuses for them out of thin air, only to have the devs ignore all that and just correct them.

OP: "I'm having an issue."
    Pawain: "NO IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT, HERE LET ME EXPLAIN WHY!"
    Devs: "We see what you mean OP, let us fix that for you."
    Pawain: "UH OKAY CARRY ON THEN! GLAD I COULD HELP!"
    Yup if you want a toon with 50 in each skill you can go for it!

At least some of the players competing for items will have crap templates just so they can do what they want.  More drops and gold from from item sales for me.

You really think allowing players to make junk templates is for the betterment of NL?

Funny how you just give pawain  feedback instead of NL feedback.   I must be deep in your thoughts.  I love it.
  • Pawain said:

You really think allowing players to make junk templates is for the betterment of NL?

Absolutely yes, free-form character development is one of the hallmark features of Ultima Online. Clearly the developers agree with me, given that they corrected the issue that was preventing it. The only one who seems to think otherwise is you.