Beta Week 4 Objectives Feedback

PawainPawain Posts: 9,633

Beta Testing Weekend 4 – 8/16/2024 through 8/19/2024

• Lycaeum Event
    • Visit the “Congiarum Coordinator” in various magical shops throughout Trinsic, Skara, and Moonglow to learn more.
    • In the previous beta weekend, the congiarium was upgraded and thusly higher level loot properties are available throughout the realm.
  • Guild Objectives
    • All guild objectives, guild leveling, and guild housing are available for testing and feedback.  Grab your guildies get your guild to level 2!
    • 20x increase on Prestige Tokens will unlock the coveted guild banner builder faster as well as access to PREMIUM guild housing.
  • Crimson Dragon & Solen Matriarch
    • Test your mettle against these daring encounters!
  • Crafting
    • The Congiarium has unlocked new crafting abilities, grab your tools and make some noise!
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,633
    edited August 16
    Started the Crafter path today.

I notice this early. 

If you  do not have the required resources or you are not near enough to a forge you will start the animation and continue it for the amount of time, then it tells you you do not have enough resources or are not close enough to a forge.

Expected result:
    When crafting it should check your amount of resources and if your are close to a forge before you begin the animation.

Thanks

I love the new mining.  Saves a lot of clicking!  But some say I chat too much while mining, don't listen to them.
    When crafting the 5 shields it says to put them in the crate.  They will not go in the crate.
    You have to mark them as quest items and they go away.

The quest dialog needs to match the actual method.

edited August 16

Please make gold from Mobs go to our resource bag automatically!!!!  

Every time I run from the Mines to the city in Occlo I hard crash my client.  Same as prodo when I go to TerMur.  CC. Doubt that can be fixed tho.
  • AnukanakaAnukanaka Posts: 17
    Gathering resources balance seems to be unfair 
    Lumberjacking:
    Unlimited uses on axe 
    Gathering 10(!!!) boards per tick
    Could lumber while riding
    Could craft Carpentry while Lumbering 
    vs
    Mining:
    Limited uses on pickaxes/showels, so have to spent almost all points from bods for 150-200 uses showels
    Gathering 2(!!!) ingots per tick 
    Cant dig while riding 
    Crafting only near forge and anvil 

edited August 17
    I bought about 10 shovels and picks. 50 use ones.  I got over 1500 ingots.  I'm not complaining.  But I'm only 50 skill, and there are more colors of ingots than wood. So I may lack later.
    I gave a filled BOD to Diedra the Blacksmith Trainer and it just went poof. Shining Path Armory.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,024
    Pawain said:
    I gave a filled BOD to Diedra the Blacksmith Trainer and it just went poof. Shining Path Armory.
    I submitted a bug on that with the Carpentry trainers doing that to my Carpentry bods. 

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited August 17
    The Building that is a supply depot? is labeled a Butcher shop on the Trinsic map legend in the game.
    The 2 buildings in that spot have no sign with a name.  You go to one for a quest.

It is the Last building before the South Trinsic exit.
  • AnukanakaAnukanaka Posts: 17
    Pawain said:
    I bought about 10 shovels and picks. 50 use ones.  I got over 1500 ingots.  I'm not complaining.  But I'm only 50 skill, and there are more colors of ingots than wood. So I may lack later.
    u cant get 1500 ingots from 500 uses, it,s only 1000 ingots due to 2 ingots = 1 use )) 
    yeah, and there is a little bit more colors ( 
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 269
    How come every NPC in town is just labelled the Guildmaster? I know my way around most cities so finding the correct shop isn't so bad.  But if you didn't isn't finding the correct building a hassle?

Why don't they list their profession in their title anymore so people know that they are a Healer Guildmaster, or Cooking, Blacksmith etc ?
    Anukanaka said:
    Pawain said:
    u cant get 1500 ingots from 500 uses, it,s only 1000 ingots due to 2 ingots = 1 use )) 
    yeah, and there is a little bit more colors ( 
    My other guys also gave him the shovels and picks that they have found, im a packrat.

The numbers you give are not equivalent for each different thing.  I agree.

I just mined 2500 ingots to get from 68 to 70 and hope they last for a few more BODs.

I'm getting some Dull copper.

I agree that it would be nice to get more ingots per dig.  The BODs use a lot.

So, my feedback on this subject is, make the mining numbers go up, not the others go down.
    How come every NPC in town is just labelled the Guildmaster? I know my way around most cities so finding the correct shop isn't so bad.  But if you didn't isn't finding the correct building a hassle?

Why don't they list their profession in their title anymore so people know that they are a Healer Guildmaster, or Cooking, Blacksmith etc ?
    Agree.
  • PinochlePinochle Posts: 26
    Carpentry is fun, Tailoring is tedious, Blacksmithing is absolute hell.
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 372
    Pawain said:

Please make gold from Mobs go to our resource bag automatically!!!!  

This, so much this.
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 372

I noticed this too, I hope this gets fixed.
    edited August 17
    I just watered 2 of these, they were all full size plant graphics.  Then I was staying here chatting and they turned to this.  It looks like they reverted around 11:45 Central.
    I dont think we are going to be able to test farming since we are not on every day.

Expected results, let us log in every day, I promise we will just tend our farms plots.

Yup that little sheepy got sheared.

edited August 17
    Not sure if intended.  There is an Obilisk on each side of the Yacht Club.  Do those rich *#!%$ deserve two Obelisks?
  • OrtOrt Posts: 12
    Bug: I used the autoloom on a pile of wool and it processed that pile but deleted a separate pile of wool I had in my pack without processing it.
    Ort said:
    Bug: I used the autoloom on a pile of wool and it processed that pile but deleted a separate pile of wool I had in my pack without processing it.
    Stack issues are carrying over from UO.  If you trade someone arrows or wool, maybe other stuff also, The item traded to you will not stack with the other pile that you had.

I drop wool on the ground to avoid that.  Then the guy can pick it up and it stacks.

I did have this happen to me with 2 piles, but I thought it just made both into cloth.
  • OrtOrt Posts: 12
    Pawain said:
    Ort said:
    Stack issues are carrying over from UO.  If you trade someone arrows or wool, maybe other stuff also, The item traded to you will not stack with the other pile that you had.

I drop wool on the ground to avoid that.  Then the guy can pick it up and it stacks.

I did have this happen to me with 2 piles, but I thought it just made both into cloth.
    Thanks for letting me know about that. I'll make sure to drop any extra on the floor. Although it looks like there's just a queue for any extra you make.
    @Kyronix ; we need wandering healers near Destard, The Crimson Dragon is a big meanie!

Or let that guy stationed there res us.

Thanks
    Got an Arctos treat.  I started taming and snow eles killed me before done.  When I returned I could not tame again.

:'( 
  • KelKel Posts: 35
    Here are my thoughts after this weekend:

Tamers
    • Lures might be too easy to get. Once you get your first one and break the seal you have an abundance. I have so many extra lures and not enough people to give them away to.
    • Taming Knowledge might be too easy to get. Same thoughts as above, I have too many knowledge books and every tamer I ask already has one. These were all acquired over a weekend. Not sure how keen we all are on NL having a gameplay lifespan of a couple weeks out of a year.
    • Emberwing might be too weak. I'm all for not creating an OP pet that is the meta, but Emberwing isn't vastly superior to a dragon and doesn't feel great to acquire after getting both the knowledge and the lure. It's situationally better than a dragon but overall nothing crazy. I didn't get the good feels after taming him.
    • Ossein Ram on the other hand are OP. When I got Undead Taming Knowledge I was super hyped to go tame some rams, and they didn't disappoint. These guys cook. They're so much better than any of the other available pets. I love my rams, but they need to be adjusted, be it slot count from 2 to 3 or overall strength to be more in-line with other equivalent 2 slotters. They still need to be good to validate the Undead Taming Knowledge though, as I haven't seen any other reason to get it.
    • Nightmare and Fire Steeds knowledge and location. Where are they and when will we be able to tame them?
    • Pets overall: I love that there is no meta pet (rams aside) and each pet has it's utility be it poison, bleed, mortal, etc. This allows tamers to use whatever pet they feel is best for an encounter without immediately being questioned for not following the obvious meta.
    Mages
    • As always mages are OP and most people will run a mage due to the utility and versatility.
    • Around 45% of the polled users in discord plan to roll mage on NL launch.
    • Vanquishing slayer books are pretty insane.
    • Enchanting books with AOE is an interesting mechanic. I, personally, like it. Haven't seen it widely used yet. I'd like to see what others who have used it chime in.
    • Is a mage set incoming? Right now Assassin set is mage BIS, and that's pretty weird RP.
    Warriors
    • Warriors start off pretty weak but look like they're finally on the come-up with slayers and vanquishing.
    • Around 20% of the polled users in discord plan to roll warrior on NL launch.
    • Lots of talk around warriors/rangers and their default stats and rolling one just for the stats then switching skills. I would suggest looking into a way to address str/dex/int being static OR helping us understand why it is the way it is.
    • Heavy armor is weird. I'm struggling to understand the benefits for using anything but plate. Maybe I'm dumb. But, solely due to the stam protection, studded, ringmail and chain seem to be a net loss over plate. It seems like the other sets should have some value outside of just being temporary, transitional pieces.
    • The new enhancements on weapons are really nice. I like the timer over the % chance.
    Rangers
    • I don't play one, but it also seems like nobody else does either. I think rangers need some help. With NL being fairly spawn heavy, rangers having no access to AOE seems like a gut punch.
    • Around 5% of the polled users in discord plan to roll ranger on NL launch. Ouch.
    • I think @Garret could speak to this quite well.
    Guilds
    • The 20x increase on Prestige Tokens made leveling the guild bearable, but still tough. I have no idea who would put the time into leveling it up without the 20x. This, in some form, might need to stay if you want anyone to hit level 2 in the year NL is up.
    • At this rate (20x), a progression guild will still take weeks to hit level 2.
    • Quaderacts... what are these even for? After having done multiple I see no point whatsoever. No rewards. Little to no guild progression.
    • Couldn't get Dungeon Outposts to work. Not sure what the requirements are. We thought we met them, but no luck. This was a testing point for week 2, but I'm not aware of anyone who's actually done one.
    • Prestige Token counter seems to randomly reset. Can this stay as a running counter of primary contributors?
    Congiarium
    • This was super cool. The tower rising dynamically, the crafters coming together to do something great. One of the coolest things in NL.
    • Needing a crafter to repair and enchant gear is awesome. This gives crafters a reason to log on and have an active role in the community.
    • TOO FAST. I hope this was accelerated a ton, but we essentially went from Level 0 to max level in a few days if you count last weekend. Going from base level items to vanquishing should take weeks to months on launch if you expect people to actually play this.
    • When you hit max level what happens to the other choices? There are some PVP focused choices. If everyone prioritized the PVE choices are the PVPers SOL?
    Gear
    • Gear progression due to the speed of the congiarium push was too fast. I went to bed with power weapons just starting to drop only to wake up to vanquishing weapons replacing them.
    • Quest lines that provide gear were now giving out max level (vanq/invul) gear. Not sure if this was intended or not, but please for goodness sake don't allow this. Nobody should be getting a free set of max gear for completing a quest line. You've killed any progression and any gear market completely. Feels super bad and terrible for the economy.
    • Assassin set is really good. Especially since there are no other sets. Should we be expecting more sets to be coming?
    • Boss drop sets (Solen, etc) seem to be worse than their rand loot counterparts. Same stats, but less durability. I feel like boss drop armor should be equivalent or better to rand loot.
    • Following above, 250/250 for rand loot seems too high. 100-150 durability seems to make more sense and keep crafters involved.
    • Talismans seem to be unrepairable by anyone (blacksmith, tailor, carpenter).
    Bosses
    • Solen Matriarch was cool and seems to have a decent loottable. Seems like a bit less than the previous bosses but not bad.
    • Crimson Dragon is a really cool and extremely difficult fight compared to all of the other bosses. However, the loottable is garbage. Haven't seen any loot outside of the knowledge or lure. For a boss this difficult, it probably warrants loot that exceeds the other bosses.
    • Loot drop % seems to be too high. Special items aren't special when everyone has them after a single weekend.
    Spawns
    • Those who have been running spawns feel the 3 hour spawn timer is WAY too long.
    • Completing a champ spawn within 1 hr and having to wait 2 hrs is painful.
    • I propose a 3hr timer UNLESS the champ spawn is completed. Then another one starts.
    • Are more champ spawns coming?
    • Barracoon loot leaves a lot to be desired compared to the other two active spawns. Needs a loottable upgrade.
    Random
    • Follower bug while in parties. Have to stable/log out etc. to fix.
    • Occasional follower slot bug when relogging where one pet can disappear into the void and the slots are relieved upon this happening as if the pet died or was stabled. Relogging again fixed it and the pet was back and slots were full again.
    • Not that it matters much, but it's easy to get out of Delucia.
    • Void Pool is active on NL.
    • Fire Steeds spawn via braziers in Deceit.
    • PVP is nonexistent. There is no reason to PVP either. You can't even loot the person you kill. You're literally just a jerk and gain nothing.
    @Kel nice write up.  I'm wondering if some don't want to play warriors because there is no Life Leech.  I liked mine because I don't play a sampire in UO. So I am used to it.  The low mana is not pleasant.  But we are up to 10 on jewels now.  No dismount on bosses would help.  The boss does not toss a tamers pets away and make have a recovery time. Hmm that would be a neat special.

But I am going mage tamer because I play a tamer 90% of the time.

I don't know how many BODs it takes to upgrade us, but the hard-core BOD guys are going to do their thing, just like Artisan festival, which is done by just one player on many shards.  NL had quite a few doing it.

Also, one aim of NL is that a new player can catch up with the other players quickly.  So we may not like that?  I don't know.
  • RonFellowsRonFellows Posts: 124
    I didn't spend more than 4 or 5 hours playing last weekend.

It’s a bit strange that the global increase in loot from monsters is based on crafters filling BODs. I understand that loot will gradually improve as the shard progresses through its cycle, but it still feels like the crafter isn't very useful from an individual standpoint.

I still don’t like that a reagent belt comes from completing inscription BODs. It should either be a mob drop or related to tailoring. Players who focus on inscription don’t want to grind BODs, they’re after the SDI bonus.

Boars and pigs still serve no purpose because they don't have any resources. Maybe add hides or just remove them altogether.

I still don't like that I can’t transfer hides from my fighter to my crafter. Maybe an account bound resource pack could be better?

Mining has improved now that clicking a tile allows mining it until completion. But I still feel that blacksmithing is several times the grind that tailoring is.

I’m looking forward to a PvP test weekend. Maybe after the wipe, you could implement a test center style environment so actual PvPers can log in and test PvP with endgame gear.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 851

I still don't like that I can’t transfer hides from my fighter to my crafter. Maybe an account bound resource pack could be better?
    Yeah, I’m really hating this. Resource gathering for me is something I enjoy doing as a low key way to enjoy the game. My crafter has no fighting skills at all. She already juggles skills on stones a lot, depending on what crafting she’s doing. My fighter has always gathered resources for my crafter. 

I don’t want to create a fighter / crafter in NL either. 

What I don’t understand is why NL is gimping the potential commerce between players? Why would you not want players to be able to gather and sell resources to one another?
  • KalseyKalsey Posts: 8
    Great idea to make resource packs account bound.  Like the gold is.  

My mage has all these feathers and nothing to do with them.  Crafter can't fight more than a turkey, haven't started tailoring yet, but wondering how she is going to obtain colored leather.

Loving every weekend, wish we could have even one more day to play?  Just one more?

edited August 20

Mining has improved now that clicking a tile allows mining it until completion. But I still feel that blacksmithing is several times the grind that tailoring is.

I'm glad that is the case, I finished a Blacksmith this weekend.  I hope tailoring will be easier.

Someone that can articulate better than I needs to provide feedback for Blacksmithing.  I got to 100 and placed a house but it was unpleasant at times.  I did like the between 10s quests. And was happy I did not have to fight anything.

I only did BOD quests, I think I should have thrown in a few scavenger quests.
    edited August 20
    @Grimbeard ;  thanks that reply I just erased did not belong to this thread.