Tried NL Beta, 100% not for me. What next for Production ?

2»

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,428
    @username
    Account bound is an interesting idea, but.
    On my archer char I recently replaced gloves of feudal grip with gloves of the holy warrior. 
    This frees up the feudal grips for me to pass on to an alliance mate who does not have gloves of that level. It's what I do, I don't sell stuff, I give it away to friends who need it. Your idea would prevent me from helping friends in that way. :(  Not everything is about gold and profit.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,897
    @ username
    Account bound is an interesting idea, but.
    On my archer char I recently replaced gloves of feudal grip with gloves of the holy warrior. 
    This frees up the feudal grips for me to pass on to an alliance mate who does not have gloves of that level. It's what I do, I don't sell stuff, I give it away to friends who need it. Your idea would prevent me from helping friends in that way. :(  Not everything is about gold and profit.

Until everyone has access to free shard transfers both shard then account once equipped make sense 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 242
    username said:

Making rewards extremely low cost (because account bound, so no market value) to reduce legit players grind, true sandbox able to transfer items, while stopping bot farms for profit, will invigorate these tots and make people come back to play and earn the rewards. Subscriptions ++. Potion sales ++. Bots --. GIVE ME A BETTER SOLUTION.
    Just stop, none of this even begins to make sense and repeating yourself isn't a replacement for logic. If rewards are account bound and "extremely low cost" then people are just going to farm whatever they plan to personally equip and then dip out. They certainly aren't going to buy potions to do it, why would they? You've literally removed every incentive to buy potions.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,415
    If they go the Account Bound way that will hurt plyers with more than one main account unless they make it Master Account Bound.  I mainly play ONE shard, BAJA, and have suits set up by class and swap pieces all the time between accounts and with account bound items that means I will need to farm FOUR times the amount of items to support my TWO main accounts, NO THANK YOU.
  • usernameusername Posts: 783
    edited August 8
    If they go the Account Bound way that will hurt plyers with more than one main account unless they make it Master Account Bound.  I mainly play ONE shard, BAJA, and have suits set up by class and swap pieces all the time between accounts and with account bound items that means I will need to farm FOUR times the amount of items to support my TWO main accounts, NO THANK YOU.
    DO YOU READ????????????????????????????????

The rewards would cost a FRACTION of the turn-in points as they currently do. 100 point item = 10 points account bound.

SO NO, YOU WOULD STILL SAVE TIME AND/OR BE ABLE TO GET FAR MORE IN THE SAME TIME.

This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    edited August 8
    Just stop, none of this even begins to make sense and repeating yourself isn't a replacement for logic. 
    "I don't agree so it doesn't make any sense" good one!
    Lord_Nythrax said:
     If rewards are account bound and "extremely low cost" then people are just going to farm whatever they plan to personally equip and then dip out.
    Yea, that's the point. You like mindless grinds? Also, ironically you forgot it incentivizes people to resub to actually play the game while hosing bot farms, whoops. 
    Lord_Nythrax said:
    They certainly aren't going to buy potions to do it, why would they? You've literally removed every incentive to buy potions.
    Your same logic could be applied to current ToTs: you can just buy them from bots who run 23/7 without potions, you certainly aren't going to buy potions to do it, why would you? You've literally removed every incentive to buy potions.

F- Try harder next time.

Once again more failed logic and still no other suggestions on what to do to curb botting and reduce the grind!

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,638
    @username why are you so jealous of what others have?  When I play UO. The thought of what other have or are doing does not cross my mind.

What does matter, is the usability of an item for ME.  Account bound makes stuff less usable for ME. I get extra pieces, not to sell, but to give away or use if I decide to make a new toon that could use it.

Stop being concerned about what others do and you will not be such an angry person.  That will work in RL also.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited August 8
    username said:

Yea, that's the point. You like mindless grinds? Also, ironically you forgot it incentivizes people to resub to actually play the game while hosing bot farms, whoops. 
    Yeah listen champ, I don't know how to break this to you, but these events are filler content intended to keep people occupied for more than a day or two. If you've managed to get this far without realizing that, then maybe you just aren't qualified to offer suggestions. Actually, given that you think eliminating grind will somehow increase sales of anti-grind cash shop potions, yeah you definitely aren't qualified.

You might have a leg to stand on if you asked them to make rewards account bound while drastically increasing their price. I still wouldn't agree with you, but at least you wouldn't be standing here screaming into the void that the devs should squander their limited efforts by making seasonal events that last two days each.

Go ahead and post more of your tedious "general chat PVP hero" attitude if you want. Make your fonts all different sizes while you're at it, I know you really like that. But this is a terrible idea that no one agrees with and it has a 0.0% chance of ever being implemented.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,897
    Can we stop the derail now? Cleanup thread move username stuff to his own thread. Let people who don't like NL have a voice
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,415
    username said:

The rewards would cost a FRACTION of the turn-in points as they currently do. 100 point item = 10 points account bound.

SO NO, YOU WOULD STILL SAVE TIME AND/OR BE ABLE TO GET FAR MORE IN THE SAME TIME.

WOW  Who the hell do you think you are?  You have ZERO proof that it will be cheaper to begin with.  I DO NOT buy this stuff I farm it myself you idiot.  I always get two and share them between accounts and with account bound I would require 4 for 2 accounts.  With al due respect go #$%^ yourself and pound sand.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,136Moderator
    As @McDougle has already asked, back on topic please. This thread has been derailed far enough.
    edited August 8
    username said:

WOW  Who the hell do you think you are?  You have ZERO proof that it will be cheaper to begin with.  I DO NOT buy this stuff I farm it myself you idiot.  I always get two and share them between accounts and with account bound I would require 4 for 2 accounts.  With al due respect go #$%^ yourself and pound sand.
    That's part of my suggestion LOL? Have only said it like 500 times. Perhaps GO READ IT instead of making yourself look dumb ragebaby. 

Here you go dumdum, quote myself a few posts ago:
    username said:Items inherently 'valueless' because they cannot be used/sold therefore point -> reward prices can be very low, reduces grind for players

edited August 8
    username said:

Yeah listen champ, I don't know how to break this to you, but these events are filler content intended to keep people occupied for more than a day or two. If you've managed to get this far without realizing that, then maybe you just aren't qualified to offer suggestions. Actually, given that you think eliminating grind will somehow increase sales of anti-grind cash shop potions, yeah you definitely aren't qualified.

You might have a leg to stand on if you asked them to make rewards account bound while drastically increasing their price. I still wouldn't agree with you, but at least you wouldn't be standing here screaming into the void that the devs should squander their limited efforts by making seasonal events that last two days each.

Go ahead and post more of your tedious "general chat PVP hero" attitude if you want. Make your fonts all different sizes while you're at it, I know you really like that. But this is a terrible idea that no one agrees with and it has a 0.0% chance of ever being implemented.
    Hate to break it to you, people are QUITTING because they're such massive grinds and the bots are winning. Why would prices for items in an account bound system cost MORE? You don't make sense. No one is asking for these events to last two days each, great straw man. Once again confirming no one on these forums actually reads my suggestion and are just trolls. 

Still waiting for that solution. 

edited August 8
    Mariah said:
    As @ McDougle has already asked, back on topic please. This thread has been derailed far enough.
    Ok. People get really offended when you attack their RMT $ way of making money AFK with 3rd party client ways of collecting ToT items, got it.

Although, I would argue talking about ToTs is highly relevant to the post as that's the only content we get. Alas...

-------------------

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,412
    edited August 8
    Kyronix said:
    We'll have a more detailed announcement of the fall plans as we get closer to the season, but you can expect anniversary rewards, a Halloween event (in the context of a ToT), updates to the Huntmaster's challenge, and moving into winter our holiday themed events. 

Before you tee off and bemoan the fact that we are doing another ToT, we do them for a reason.  They are very popular.  Players really enjoy them.  

That's not to say we are not oblivious to feedback that they can feel repetitive, as such we have some plans to spice them up with some interesting (we think) takes this year.

As for the suggestions, "Revamp the desolate lands to make them interesting?  complete champ, peerless, doom reward revamps?  new armour sets to collect?"  Please be more specific as to what you are looking for.  These generalities don't give us much in the way of actionable feedback, so you'll have to be a bit more precise to deliver what you are asking for. 

Thanks for the feedback!

Hi Kyronix,

Looking forward to some Halloween content.

On the reward side;
    The Solaris Earrings have become an issue.
    Also the Divinum Talisman.
    When I say become an issue, I mean tons of players need these for gear set-ups, and they are soaring over 1 plat per item, and almost impossible to get hold of - it would be great if they could make a return - there are probably other items but my head is hurting right now.

Please can you fix whatever it was you did that knocked out many of the 3rd party programs. They are working as you may know, but not if you carry on like this. It is knocking out a really good playstyle. Honestly, fix this, give us our playability back, then I'll give you a ton more ideas on content, but there will be little point you introducing stuff players cannot play.

If you want the truth, if you knock out the big O, and force everyone to EC - a. many players will quit because they will not make that change, b. EC will become the next mass scripted client - it is just a different language - LUA instead of Javascript - the only reason it has not been done is no-one likes this client enough to do it yet, or, players will switch to ClassicUO, which is an open-sourced client, which basically has the whole world updating it, so they will adapt for anything you do anyway. These are not meant to be threats at all, I'm just being realistic with you. The O client has taken a hit, because their Devs stopped working on it, so it does not have the adaptability, yet it remains the best client to play on.

edited August 8
    username said:

Hate to break it to you, people are QUITTING because they're such massive grinds and the bots are winning. Why would prices for items in an account bound system cost MORE? You don't make sense. No one is asking for these events to last two days each, great straw man. Once again confirming no one on these forums actually reads my suggestion and are just trolls. 

Hey champ, if you reduce the cost of the items by 90% as you suggest, and you remove the ability to farm and sell extra items, then what's going to happen to the amount of time people invest in the event? That's right, everyone is going to farm what they personally want over a couple of days, and then never go back, because why would they?

Like in your fevered imagination what are people even doing in this scenario? Just playing day after day, piling up item after inexpensive item they don't need, buying potions off the cash shop so they can farm even more items they don't need and can't sell? Other people see this and think wow, that's great, I need to resubscribe so I can buy cash shop potions and spend weeks piling up hundreds of unsellable items too!

At least under the current status quo newbies can make some mils farming crap to sell. It'd be nicer if they didn't have to compete with bots, but it's still better than just nuking everything into irrelevance the way your goofy suggestion would.
    Mariah said:
    As @ McDougle has already asked, back on topic please. This thread has been derailed far enough.

Someone asked what's up next, the dev said more ToTs, now people are talking about ToT design. It hasn't been derailed at all.
  • RangeIIRangeII Posts: 19
    I would love to have an option beyond trash cans for old event drops.  I still have several from the ML release event and apparently trashing the pirate plunder hats still dropping is worth less than a point per hat.
    Don't trash them yet, they'll just count as 'a tricorn hat', worth the same as any low end looted tricorn
    edited August 9
    username said:

Hey champ, if you reduce the cost of the items by 90% as you suggest, and you remove the ability to farm and sell extra items, then what's going to happen to the amount of time people invest in the event? That's right, everyone is going to farm what they personally want over a couple of days, and then never go back, because why would they?

Like in your fevered imagination what are people even doing in this scenario? Just playing day after day, piling up item after inexpensive item they don't need, buying potions off the cash shop so they can farm even more items they don't need and can't sell? Other people see this and think wow, that's great, I need to resubscribe so I can buy cash shop potions and spend weeks piling up hundreds of unsellable items too!

At least under the current status quo newbies can make some mils farming crap to sell. It'd be nicer if they didn't have to compete with bots, but it's still better than just nuking everything into irrelevance the way your goofy suggestion would.
    Hey champ. You've been asked multiple times to stop derailing the topic. No one wants to hear your illogical rant. No one asked; no one cares. That means stop posting garbage that has nothing to do with the op. Got it?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

edited August 10
    username said:

Hey champ. You've been asked multiple times to stop derailing the topic. No one wants to hear your illogical rant. No one asked; no one cares. That means stop posting garbage that has nothing to do with the op. Got it?
    The thread isn't derailed at all. The original poster asked what was coming next, Kyronix said it's more ToT events, and now we're having a nice friendly discussion about how those events should be designed. A discussion you started, and were happy to plow forward with for an additional three posts after Mariah's suggestion.

What's the matter all of a sudden? After all, you must have a great explanation for why someone would continue to farm account bound items, even after drastically reduced prices allow them to get everything they need ten times faster than normal. I'm just so curious to hear it, and certainly a smart guy like you must have thought his idea out at least that far.

Please, by all means, enlighten me. We can even go start our very own thread about it if you want. Would you like that? Then you can describe it all you want with no concern about derailing anything.

Let's leave the decision to the devs and call a halt to this.