Tried NL Beta, 100% not for me. What next for Production ?

JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 963
edited July 27 in General Discussions
Good luck to all those enjoying the Beta

My question is as the title

What next @Mesanna ?

Last global event over, so whats the plan?

And please, no more ToT type Dungeon kop outs,  what's the next huge global story line event arc?

Starts August maybe?

Obviously you are not neglecting the production shards whilst NL is being tested right?  this does not count as an event right?  

Revamp the desolate lands to make them interesting?  complete champ, peerless, doom reward revamps?  new armour sets to collect?

Cant wait for the news update for those of us that are not interested in NL...........

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,153
    Plus one
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,164Dev
    We'll have a more detailed announcement of the fall plans as we get closer to the season, but you can expect anniversary rewards, a Halloween event (in the context of a ToT), updates to the Huntmaster's challenge, and moving into winter our holiday themed events. 

Before you tee off and bemoan the fact that we are doing another ToT, we do them for a reason.  They are very popular.  Players really enjoy them.  

That's not to say we are not oblivious to feedback that they can feel repetitive, as such we have some plans to spice them up with some interesting (we think) takes this year.

As for the suggestions, "Revamp the desolate lands to make them interesting?  complete champ, peerless, doom reward revamps?  new armour sets to collect?"  Please be more specific as to what you are looking for.  These generalities don't give us much in the way of actionable feedback, so you'll have to be a bit more precise to deliver what you are asking for. 

Thanks for the feedback!

• JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 963
    edited July 27
    ok,

The ML armour sets are woefully undergunned compared to modern legendary drops.
    So, for deco purposes for collectors, could we have a fresh new collection of armour set drops?

With amazing stats when combined, like when they first came out many moons ago, make the new sets relevant and compete with legendary armour pieces 

Looking at peerless, doom artifact drops, and Tokuno majors they are really bad news. Apart from the odd good drop, the rest are not fit for purpose,  so I was thinking about new artifact drops, or a drop selection system?    grafting in doom to get a Glenda, or the roof to get a totem of the tribe, kinda sucks

turn in 5/10 roof, peerless, champ, doom rewards to pick the one you really want? get people back into these places now you are looking to crack down on illegal clients and multi box cheating..........  so its not a kick in the goolies when you get yet another spell book from the Sygian dragon, save them up and trade them in :)

but make the tinker legs in the abyss etc worth 10-20 trade in points,  the current market can show which rewards are worth more..........

This will encourage players to go for it, and combat the hordes drops that previous cheats stockpiled,  I would much rather go get drops if it was a viable option to trade in drops I don't need for ones I do......

collectors like me would love to have a full set of Stygian Abyss artifacts so trading in spares to get them all would be amazing

Don't get me wrong, I love ToT reward system, just not another dungeon :(. What about in the solen hive?  defend the hive from invading solen armies? (diff hued solens war parties with new hue dyes on corpses and rewards etc?

we love dyes!

Town invasions with the ToT system instead of dungeons, or as well as? both running at same time so we can mix it up a bit,  get fed up with dungeon, defend a town, vice versa, just like forsaken sails

Please also keep including beacons and t chests etc with new rewards every now and again, this gave many players an alternative way to get rewards.

Like the Black gate event, or ilshenar mini champs you created,  more more more!!!!!

T maps and fishing chests,  great to get the hats in them, but what about a mega rare chance of getting an insane artifact, artifact rarity 13/14/15/16/17/18/19/20 paintings, deco items or ethy mounts?  gold chargers, green beetles statuettes........ but super rare, so you dont get a bag full in 20 mins like current fishing chest artifacts 

not the same rate as the blaze cu :), but if you have 500 sos to do, you get a chance of a few belter rewards!!!!

Stuff like this :)

Kyronix said:
    We'll have a more detailed announcement of the fall plans as we get closer to the season, but you can expect anniversary rewards, a Halloween event (in the context of a ToT), updates to the Huntmaster's challenge, and moving into winter our holiday themed events. 

Before you tee off and bemoan the fact that we are doing another ToT, we do them for a reason.  They are very popular.  Players really enjoy them.  

That's not to say we are not oblivious to feedback that they can feel repetitive, as such we have some plans to spice them up with some interesting (we think) takes this year.

As for the suggestions, "Revamp the desolate lands to make them interesting?  complete champ, peerless, doom reward revamps?  new armour sets to collect?"  Please be more specific as to what you are looking for.  These generalities don't give us much in the way of actionable feedback, so you'll have to be a bit more precise to deliver what you are asking for. 

Thanks for the feedback!

@Kyronix since hats still dropping could we bring the turn in guy back on?
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,164Dev
    Grimbeard said:
    Kyronix said:

Thanks for the feedback!

@ Kyronix since hats still dropping could we bring the turn in guy back on?
    No, there was ample time to collect rewards for the event.  Hats will be disabled during the next WW publish and added to cleanup Britannia.
  • Jha_durJha_dur Posts: 19
    Kyronix said:

Thanks for the feedback!

I have to say this is positive that there is at least something in mind beyond New Legacy launch this fall.

RE: ToT Events - It is good to know that you are listening to the feedback about them feeling like a grind. When you say spice them up though, I hope you are not just talking more paragon skeletal drags and other high end creatures that are a giant pain for anything less than a group of 5-6 players. Maybe more of a champion spawn style system where you work up from lesser creatures to harder creatures. The drops get more frequent the higher you go with a final champion type creature that has the potential to drop multiple items. A build onto the covetous style system I guess but not to the point where you do 1 HP of damage with a flame strike because the creatures is so beefed up it is almost impossible to kill. Just spit balling some ideas there.

I did like the fact that with this last event you could get drops from something other than just killing monsters. While a lot of people like bashing monsters, having something else to do can really break up the "grindy" feeling a lot of people get from doing the clockwise circle in a hunting area killing whatever is giving drops.

I can also get behind Jack's statement about updating some of the older artifacts or creating a system that they can be turned in for points to get something better. Give people a reason to do the older systems like doom, peerless, etc. I like the idea that came out while I was away from the game of being able to use the doom drops as ingredients for higher end craftable items. I think I read previously that is was tricky to implement this though. Maybe instead of this, just an update to the drops stats themselves. I would say that they have an intensity that is somewhere in between the ToT meta drops and where they are now. Something that is usable but can be improved upon if you want to swap it out later.

I do like the idea of deco items though as well. While I do like PvP, I also like house deco and collecting things. I like most collectors have things I like and dislike.

I would add as my own though, can we look at the loot that creatures in game drop. Right now there are a handful of ML bosses such as Szavetra, Miasma, etc., that are roughly the same fame / karma level as other monsters such as greater dragons, balrons, etc., but drop paltry level loot in comparison. The fact that I can kill certain creatures 50-60 times in the time it takes me to kill one boss level creature such as Medusa and get 10x the loot is crazy to me. Of course a creature such as Medusa has the change to drop an artifact, a slither is really the only good thing that she drops and that is so infrequent. I can typically pull a major or legendary artifact off the corpse of Medusa or another named ML monster that is better than the other artifacts. Why spend the time there? RE: Artifact trade in.

Something else I would like to see would be the ability to purchase previous event drops from a vendor in game. Make them shard bound. Whatever. As someone who came back to game around 12 months ago after a roughly 8 year break (in which I was still paying for account), the availability of items such as morphius epaulletes and the hit chance earrings is low, even on Atlantic unless you are willing to spend an arm and a leg. Good luck trying to find some on a smaller shard. Make them 150m or 200m each. This has multiple benefits. It allows new and returning players the ability to obtain items that were previously available for free for a price. It takes gold out of the game via a gold sink. I could imagine myself spending 10p or more to equip characters I would like to get setup on other shards. It also decreases the motivation for people to script hundreds of these items with the goal of selling them for 500m each later.

I am sure I could come up with more and ramble on more. Time to get up and cook up some dinner though.

• usernameusername Posts: 780
    edited July 27
    Kyronix said:

Account bound rewards. Stops the 24/7 botting for profit. Items inherently 'valueless' because they cannot be used/sold therefore point -> reward prices can be very low, reduces grind for players. Items able to be transferred and used as intended like a true sandbox.

Lowers the grind, gets people playing -> increases subs, stops bots farming for profit, potions of glorious potion sales through the roof -> increase broadsword profit. 

Win/win/win/win for everyone.

Do it.

This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    username said:
    Kyronix said:

Account bound rewards. Stops the 24/7 botting for profit. Items inherently 'valueless' because they cannot be used/sold therefore point -> reward prices can be very low, reduces grind for players. Items able to be transferred and used as intended like a true sandbox.

Lowers the grind, gets people playing -> increases subs, stops bots farming for profit, potions of glorious potion sales through the roof -> increase broadsword profit. 

Do it.

Please for the love of everything do NOT do this. Some people have multiple accounts and multiple characters they use on those accounts on multiple shards. The ability to buy items I do not have time to get or the desire to grind out is nice.Yes, the bots that are farming things 24/7 to get items is annoying and lowers the value of the items I work towards but it also allows me to get the items I need in some cases. If EA wants to make all the rewards available for purchase on a vendor in game as a gold sink, sure make them account bound. Until them leave them alone. Shard bound is bad enough.
    Jha_dur said:
    username said:
    Kyronix said:

Do it.

Please for the love of everything do NOT do this. Some people have multiple accounts and multiple characters they use on those accounts on multiple shards. The ability to buy items I do not have time to get or the desire to grind out is nice.Yes, the bots that are farming things 24/7 to get items is annoying and lowers the value of the items I work towards but it also allows me to get the items I need in some cases. If EA wants to make all the rewards available for purchase on a vendor in game as a gold sink, sure make them account bound. Until them leave them alone. Shard bound is bad enough.
    Shard bound until equipped then account bound 
  • RadstRadst Posts: 99
    Not for me as well. If I wanted the 1997 "nostalgic feeling", I can just buy NPC armors and go fight Lich or Dragons LOL. Or I can just go play Ultima 6 or 7 again, or watch some video gameplay. 

We are getting old; we dont have the energy for this "new" stuff to what end and "purpose"? But NL will probably require constant Dev effort while most people prefer more contents on Production shards.

edited July 28
    Jha_dur said:
    username said:
    Kyronix said:

Do it.

Yep, it would only benefit you. You could farm up an entire set for all your chars and accounts in a fraction of the time you previously did it for one server, given the point cost for rewards could be majorly reduced. Missed out on one server? Since account bound, not shard bound, just transfer them over, like a true sandbox.

I really don't think you thought your reply through. At all. This only benefits your situtation 10000% and would save you time while hurting RMT bots :D and save you gold. You, and legitimate players that don't have time for the endless grind, only win with my suggestion.

@Kyronix consider account bound rewards as part of your "War on Unapproved 3rd party programs"

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    username said:
    Yep, it would only benefit you. You could farm up an entire set for all your chars and accounts in a fraction of the time you previously did it for one server, given the point cost for rewards could be majorly reduced. Missed out on one server? Since account bound, not shard bound, just transfer them over, like a true sandbox.

I really don't think you thought your reply through. At all. This only benefits your situtation 10000% and would save you time while hurting RMT bots :D and save you gold. You, and legitimate players that don't have time for the endless grind, only win with my suggestion.

@ Kyronix consider account bound rewards as part of your "War on Unapproved 3rd party programs"

Yes I did think my reply through. One good thing about this game is that if I change my mind on a piece of armor or weapon I am using I can sell it to help me get the other piece of armor I desire. Account bound makes any item you obtain useless to anyone other than you. If it becomes useless in the future to you, then it is useless in general. At least with shard bound if I change my mind on something 3-6 months down the road I can sell it to someone else and buy an item that works for me. Account bound is a horrible idea. I am still not a huge fan of shard bound but I can understand why they did it, kind of.

I wish you would stop trying to peddle your nonsensical idea though as this great solution to bots. This idea only solves the issue of bots at these events. It does not solve the issue of bots related to all other aspects of the game. Instead of trying to impact other peoples game play, how about Broadsword do something about the bots. You know like suspend account and ban accounts. While your solution would theoretically solve the bot problem, it also impacts other players and is the equivalent of squeegeeing the floor while water is still pouring out of a broken pipe. It may not bother you, but it would likely bother others, myself included.

Something I have mentioned in another thread that could help solve the problem of bots farming the items for future profit and the problem of other players who missed previous events is to make the items available to purchase on an in game vendor for in-game gold. Set the price at something like 25-50m immediately after the event and have the price scale up to 100m or something over the course of the next 12 months. I have said higher prices in other threads but really the final price is something that can be worked out towards the end. One thing I have not said and that I thought of now is to make the vendor purchased items non-shard bound.

Making them non-shard bound has the effect of always ensuring that the shard bound versions are worth a fraction of the price of the non-shard bound ones. Do not want to buy the item but instead farm it, cool. Do not want to grind for days, go buy the item from the vendor. The development team also controls the price of these items and essentially limits the long term ROI for the bot accounts. I would guess to say that these bot account have items stashed away in bank boxes to slowly trickle into the market. This allows them to slowly increase the price and maximize there profit, RE: Balron Bone Armor before the pirate event. It was up to 800m-1p for it from what I remember seeing on Atlantic. If the maximum price for a non-shard bound item was 100m, it would have gotten to maybe 60-70m maximum price. Reduce the potential long term profit and I bet you see a dramatic decrease in the bot accounts at these events. Finally, allowing the items to be bought off of a vendor has the added benefit of being a potentially huge gold sink. I do not think many people would complain if a few hundred plat was removed from the gold pool in game.

Only shard bound items need become account bound 
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 963
    guys,  can you take that elsewhere,  I am waiting for @Kyronix is reply to my earlier postand I dont want this to degenerate into a row and become locked
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 402
    edited July 28
    me either.  i always liked UO cause it wasnt based on questing.     its very nostalgic, but i dont like that you have to quest.  i dont see vets being interested in this, but old time players coming back may be.  i would offer it FREE TO PLAY.  its really not worth a sub.  i still dont really get the point of it.  what are the rewards after the shards wiped after a year?  i have a feeling they will be status symbol of some sorts rather than really "worth it"

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,622
    edited July 28
    guys,  can you take that elsewhere,  I am waiting for @ Kyronix is reply to my earlier postand I dont want this to degenerate into a row and become locked
    He already answered what's going to happen in prodo shards for the rest of the year.  Thread may as well go elsewhere or be locked.

They have said they are not going to revamp armor sets.  First what would you make those 8 or more sets do?  The events are where we get new items now.

They are not going to revamp Doom.  What would they add?  Things that we get from ToTs?

Would take then 10 years to re do all the items you get from drops.  There are thousands of them. By the time they revamp them, power creep would make them useless again.

That is why they introduce new items thru what posters asked for all the time. ToTs.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited July 30
    Jha_dur said:
    username said:

@ Kyronix consider account bound rewards as part of your "War on Unapproved 3rd party programs"

Yes I did think my reply through. One good thing about this game is that if I change my mind on a piece of armor or weapon I am using I can sell it to help me get the other piece of armor I desire. Account bound makes any item you obtain useless to anyone other than you. If it becomes useless in the future to you, then it is useless in general. At least with shard bound if I change my mind on something 3-6 months down the road I can sell it to someone else and buy an item that works for me. Account bound is a horrible idea. I am still not a huge fan of shard bound but I can understand why they did it, kind of.

I wish you would stop trying to peddle your nonsensical idea though as this great solution to bots. This idea only solves the issue of bots at these events. It does not solve the issue of bots related to all other aspects of the game. Instead of trying to impact other peoples game play, how about Broadsword do something about the bots. You know like suspend account and ban accounts. While your solution would theoretically solve the bot problem, it also impacts other players and is the equivalent of squeegeeing the floor while water is still pouring out of a broken pipe. It may not bother you, but it would likely bother others, myself included.

Something I have mentioned in another thread that could help solve the problem of bots farming the items for future profit and the problem of other players who missed previous events is to make the items available to purchase on an in game vendor for in-game gold. Set the price at something like 25-50m immediately after the event and have the price scale up to 100m or something over the course of the next 12 months. I have said higher prices in other threads but really the final price is something that can be worked out towards the end. One thing I have not said and that I thought of now is to make the vendor purchased items non-shard bound.

Making them non-shard bound has the effect of always ensuring that the shard bound versions are worth a fraction of the price of the non-shard bound ones. Do not want to buy the item but instead farm it, cool. Do not want to grind for days, go buy the item from the vendor. The development team also controls the price of these items and essentially limits the long term ROI for the bot accounts. I would guess to say that these bot account have items stashed away in bank boxes to slowly trickle into the market. This allows them to slowly increase the price and maximize there profit, RE: Balron Bone Armor before the pirate event. It was up to 800m-1p for it from what I remember seeing on Atlantic. If the maximum price for a non-shard bound item was 100m, it would have gotten to maybe 60-70m maximum price. Reduce the potential long term profit and I bet you see a dramatic decrease in the bot accounts at these events. Finally, allowing the items to be bought off of a vendor has the added benefit of being a potentially huge gold sink. I do not think many people would complain if a few hundred plat was removed from the gold pool in game.

... And how's that working out for you? Guess you can get 20m for your Balron Bone armor that originally cost you 150 1-2m artifacts. Great investment that'd have been. Shogun items are all the same price, if not cheaper, than when they dropped. You really think you can compete with these bot farms in the marketplace, even years down the road, is delusional. It's clearly not working, but, people like you are so selfish in this game, only thinking of their selves, and what benefits them. Narcissism. It's only a nonsensical idea to people that don't have a brain and/or don't use it. 

You enjoy farming up points at a mediocre rate only to have the item you claim that took you at least an hour be worth 50m? That's on you. Yes, I, and most other players, would rather them be un-tradable, but transferrable, and be able to acquire them faster while giving a giant middle finger to bots. I don't have infinite time unlike some no-lifers that sit in the game 24/7. 

Just take a look at how many people have quit because of no development and no new content for the game. On the unofficial forums there have been several recent posts where people have quit, citing specifically the ToTs are the main reason they've quit, botting + boring, the little of content we get is not even worth doing lol. I've seen entire guilds collapse because of how much of a grind and the fact it's the only content we get is. We need something different that's not a huge grindfest and my suggestion would not only alleviate that quite a bit, but also encourage people to come back to get 'limited' time account bound items.

Speaking of which, I love how you entirely glance over the fact it would be fantastic for subscriptions and potions of fortune :D And every other MMO I can think of has character/account bound gear. But keep dreaming, yea I'm the crazy one :D

• sibblesibble Posts: 174

I understand that a lot of resources went into NL and we're probably not going to get a global expansion - so I'm thinking of relatively small things that can be added for global.

-  We haven't had an increase in land for housing in a very long time - can this be done for Tram T2A or maybe parts of Eodon?  Time of Legends was a good expansion but I feel like there's a ton of land with not much going on with Eodon.  Maybe even put in an area similar to New Magincia where there's a little area with roads where people can place housing and promote vendor areas.  I think there's space in Eodon to do that.

-  New Pigments via clean-up: we love dyes, this never gets old.  Can we get some new colors?  I really like the ones that have two-tones like mossy etc.  Mix up some freaky colors, we'll eat em up!

-  Speaking of clean up rewards, can we add more items that yield points?  I believe some of the rewards from the past couple years don't yield clean up points.  Like the cards that comes with rewards etc. I have tons of these just sitting in storage.  Maybe even yield more points for dumping legendary artifact drops.

- The rewards from seasonal events have been awesome.  Can we work towards sets?  Maybe set bonuses with HCI SSI?  Like full arch lich armor set, etc.  Full dexer set vs full mage set.  Legs next time?
    "everything looks stupid" UO feedback 2024
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,408
    @sibble unless you are playing on Atl UO does not need any more housing area.
    Yes players would love new dyes and new things to turn in!  Small amount of work that would yield much happiness. 
  • AndrastaAndrasta Posts: 20
    Also please add lot of new clothing (especially something to replace the cloak), new furniture, new house tiles and some more functionality to the Classic Client. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,881
    Not only is there nothing for production for 2 months but the developers who've been MIA for 4 years suddenly all active and attentive 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited August 1
    McDougle said:
    Not only is there nothing for production for 2 months but the developers who've been MIA for 4 years suddenly all active and attentive 
    Duh how many times did I tell you they were working on NL instead of answering questions that are of no consequence to anything.

And now you are complaining about them being active....  I'm sure I predicted that one.  It's so you.

• Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 239
    username said:

Do it.

You beat this hobbyhorse on the regular and it's just the worst. Like oh boy reward prices are low and I can't sell them, guess I'll do the new event for two days until I have what I need and then forget it exists.
    username said:
    ... And how's that working out for you? Guess you can get 20m for your Balron Bone armor that originally cost you 150 1-2m artifacts. Great investment that'd have been. Shogun items are all the same price, if not cheaper, than when they dropped. You really think you can compete with these bot farms in the marketplace, even years down the road, is delusional. It's clearly not working, but, people like you are so selfish in this game, only thinking of their selves, and what benefits them. Narcissism. It's only a nonsensical idea to people that don't have a brain and/or don't use it. 

You enjoy farming up points at a mediocre rate only to have the item you claim that took you at least an hour be worth 50m? That's on you. Yes, I, and most other players, would rather them be un-tradable, but transferrable, and be able to acquire them faster while giving a giant middle finger to bots. I don't have infinite time unlike some no-lifers that sit in the game 24/7. 

Just take a look at how many people have quit because of no development and no new content for the game. On the unofficial forums there have been several recent posts where people have quit, citing specifically the ToTs are the main reason they've quit, botting + boring, the little of content we get is not even worth doing lol. I've seen entire guilds collapse because of how much of a grind and the fact it's the only content we get is. We need something different that's not a huge grindfest and my suggestion would not only alleviate that quite a bit, but also encourage people to come back to get 'limited' time account bound items.

Speaking of which, I love how you entirely glance over the fact it would be fantastic for subscriptions and potions of fortune :D And every other MMO I can think of has character/account bound gear. But keep dreaming, yea I'm the crazy one :D
    Let's just agree to disagree. You do not like my idea. I do not like yours. Fixing the bot issue would be nice but there is not an easy solution that will not piss off a portion of the player base.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 296
    The BOTs don't really bother me because they increase the respawn time and quantity of the mobs. I usually play am mystic-mage-spellweaver and bury myself in the midst of  BOT squad and cast area spells and summons. The mobs have to attack the BOTs to get to me.
  • JohnKnighthawkeJohnKnighthawke Posts: 424
    edited August 3
    Kyronix said:

Thanks for the feedback!

With the mechanics you have, you could get away with a lot of different things, the key would be mixing things up, finding appropriate rewards, finding interesting (or at least intense and not bad) storylines to pursue, and whatnot.

Events can be cookie cutter without looking or feeling like it. Also, at this point, you have a few different molds.

EDIT: You also have EMs. Seek their input. Great Lakes's EMs are great sources of lore, creativity, and stories. I remember when Malachi used to write the global fiction pretty consistently. What happened to that?
  • OkamiOkami Posts: 84
    I wish 1/4 the effort put into this tabard "fix" had been invested in the game over the past 4 years.

The client is garbage.

The content is stale, and all we get are cut and paste event structures with new text that rarely means anything.

Meanwhile the global plot fizzled with no real payoff on the Fellowship, which is a shame since that's one of the iconic Ultima Storylines.

I had some hope for NL being good as a fresh start that might condense the playerbase to a shard other than atlantic for fresh interactions but it's a 50/50 mix of decent ideas with awful implementations. (Example: The house name idea was cool, the random generated nonsense it gives are straight garbage.)

And the EM program is in shambles by all appearances. We've been dancing around the same arc for 3 years on Catskills with the same pair of villain groups, and they both have worn out their welcome on an OOC level.
    edited August 7
    Jha_dur said:
    Let's just agree to disagree. You do not like my idea. I do not like yours. Fixing the bot issue would be nice but there is not an easy solution that will not piss off a portion of the player base.
    Therein lies the problem. You think you're the authority for what would piss off or not piss off the players. If only the developers did things that would not piss off the population the game would have been dead 20 years ago. Sometimes, just sometimes, the devs need to do things that some random board troll says could 'piss off the players' to make the game better.

Recent example? Lots of crying about 3rd party clients and the devs starting to do things about it. By your logic we should just continue to allow them? You don't make sense, and no I will not agree to anything with you. 

The fact is tons of players have quit due to the stagnant content and the style of these ToTs and is pissing people off more than any account bound change ever will, specifically because most players have limited time and are completely outdone by the bot farms at these events. I'd be willing to bet anyone that defends the current ToT rinse/repeat system either has no job or profits&bots these events. 

If your best is agree to not disagree, and not pose as simple of a solution as I have, you have no room to talk. Because 'account bound' is the best and simplest idea I've heard yet. 

Making rewards extremely low cost (because account bound, so no market value) to reduce legit players grind, true sandbox able to transfer items, while stopping bot farms for profit, will invigorate these tots and make people come back to play and earn the rewards. Subscriptions ++. Potion sales ++. Bots --. GIVE ME A BETTER SOLUTION.

Let's do it @Kyronix

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,412
    username said:
    Jha_dur said:
    Therein lies the problem. You think you're the authority for what would piss off or not piss off the players. If only the developers did things that would not piss off the population the game would have been dead 20 years ago. Sometimes, just sometimes, the devs need to do things that some random board troll says could 'piss off the players' to make the game better.

Recent example? Lots of crying about 3rd party clients and the devs starting to do things about it. By your logic we should just continue to allow them? You don't make sense, and no I will not agree to anything with you. 

The fact is tons of players have quit due to the stagnant content and the style of these ToTs and is pissing people off more than any account bound change ever will, specifically because most players have limited time and are completely outdone by the bot farms at these events. I'd be willing to bet anyone that defends the current ToT rinse/repeat system either has no job or profits&bots these events. 

If your best is agree to not disagree, and not pose as simple of a solution as I have, you have no room to talk. Because 'account bound' is the best and simplest idea I've heard yet. 

Making rewards extremely low cost (because account bound, so no market value) to reduce legit players grind, true sandbox able to transfer items, while stopping bot farms for profit, will invigorate these tots and make people come back to play and earn the rewards. Subscriptions ++. Potion sales ++. Bots --. GIVE ME A BETTER SOLUTION.

Let's do it @ Kyronix
    My best, is to say you talk non stop bollocks. :)