Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,212
    Pawain said:
    Ok 50 Min of Pirating.  

Tamer/ cannon user  16
    Tamer/cannon user 14
    Archer/Bard   14
    Tamer/bard    14

I have not counted each toons individual haul before, I am shocked they were near the same.
    Not sure if that was RNG or by design.

I'm used to constant dungeon fighting for an hour with Luck and getting 20 to 30 hats.

Are you getting 58 hats in less than an hour @ Popps on Void pool?  I never did even with 2 toons and getting to level 70+ in there.
    Thanks for the info.

The thing to keep in mind here is that you are using 4 accounts. As you saw the production per account was about the same (14-16 hats) so for someone only using 1 account that would be much less than 58 hats. When you are in the dungeon, you are likely only using 1 main account to get the drops so it's actually pretty in line with that drop rate for you.

That said, this event is active for 3 months and there are only 12 items total to choose from so there shouldn't be an issue getting plenty of whatever people want.

• Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 119
    edited April 28
    popps said:

Personally, I think that it should be made easier to break Pirates aggro on players' characters... as it is now, Pirates stick on players' character and it is very hard to break this aggro and it usually ends up with the player's character ending up dead, at higher waves.

For example, if Pirates at the Void Pool were to be set as their priority to focus on Pets on Summons when nearby, rather then players' characters, this could give a little help to players to break Pirates' aggro on their characters.

So you're saying high-level event monsters sometimes have the audacity to actually hit you, causing you to die as a result, and you think this is a problem that requires developer intervention? Get out of here dude, go play the game.

If a monster targets you, stand and fight, or run away and die. Dying happens. I play a pretty decent sampire and nonetheless I die there now and then. The void pool just keeps leveling up until it becomes unreasonable and the players lose, that's how it works.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,963
    edited April 28
    popps said:

Personally, I think that it should be made easier to break Pirates aggro on players' characters... as it is now, Pirates stick on players' character and it is very hard to break this aggro and it usually ends up with the player's character ending up dead, at higher waves.

For example, if Pirates at the Void Pool were to be set as their priority to focus on Pets on Summons when nearby, rather then players' characters, this could give a little help to players to break Pirates' aggro on their characters.

So you're saying high-level event monsters sometimes have the audacity to actually hit you, causing you to die as a result, and you think this is a problem that requires developer intervention? Get out of here dude, go play the game.

If a monster targets you, stand and fight, or run away and die. Dying happens. I play a pretty decent sampire and nonetheless I die there now and then. The void pool just keeps leveling up until it becomes unreasonable and the players lose, that's how it works.
    No, I am saying something different.

Using Area of Effect from a distance should not cause a MOB to forget anything attacking it right next to it, be it a pet, a PC or a Summon to get aggroed the caster of that AOE that is far away.

That is, proximity of an attacker should be a priority for the MOB... after all, this is what "tanking" is all about in gameplay, isn't it ?

Instead, what happens is that the Pirates at the Void Pool often, too often disregard whatever is tanking them, be it a PC, Pet or Summon, and aggro for the player's character that is hitting them from a distance be it spells, AOEs or ranged weapons... and when this happens the "tanking" gameplay tactics becomes useless.

With many MOBs other then the Pirates at the Void Pool, instead, tanking is a valid tactics that works since the MOBs stick on whatever is tanking them, PC, Pet or Summon, and players' characters from a distance can take advantage of the tanking gameplay tactics.

Or we do not want to have any longer a tanking gameplay tactics to be a valid one ?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,162
    @popps ; have you noticed that you are the only poster complaining about any of the ways to get hats?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,435
    I wish I could get them cleaning up the bank
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,871
    Skett said:
    I wish I could get them cleaning up the bank
    You could, if you clean the RIGHT bank.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 932
    @mariah. Please lock this. Popps can’t play the game and wants it all changed to suit him, as per usual. This is very boring 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,963
    @ mariah. Please lock this. Popps can’t play the game and wants it all changed to suit him, as per usual. This is very boring 
    How so ?

Last I knew, tanking MOBs in Ultima Online is considered a valid gameplay tactics and players actually look for the best way to tank a MOB be it a Boss or anything else.

Why Pirates at the Void Pool should be functioning in a way that defies the tanking gameplay tactics when this works for a whole lot of other MOBs ?

At lower waves, it is not a problem, but with stats of Pirates increasing as waves go up, it does become a problem because one often does not even have sufficient time to cast invisibility to break the aggro and even then, the ranged players' character, even after a succesful invisibility cast, gets revealed (another effect of Pirates' stats increasing ?) and when this happens, at higher waves, often results in getting killed by the Pirate/Pirates aggroed on that PC.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,871
    popps said:
    @ mariah. Please lock this. Popps can’t play the game and wants it all changed to suit him, as per usual. This is very boring 
    How so ?

Last I knew, tanking MOBs in Ultima Online is considered a valid gameplay tactics and players actually look for the best way to tank a MOB be it a Boss or anything else.

Why Pirates at the Void Pool should be functioning in a way that defies the tanking gameplay tactics when this works for a whole lot of other MOBs ?

At lower waves, it is not a problem, but with stats of Pirates increasing as waves go up, it does become a problem because one often does not even have sufficient time to cast invisibility to break the aggro and even then, the ranged players' character, even after a succesful invisibility cast, gets revealed (another effect of Pirates' stats increasing ?) and when this happens, at higher waves, often results in getting killed by the Pirate/Pirates aggroed on that PC.
    Then it's working as designed, they are changing tactics, so you too will need to change tactics. As many have said before, you will need to play cooperatively (this is a MMORPG afterall) with others since everything in UO is not a single player experience, you will need to get in a guild or at least a friend or two to play with you. They can heal you and break aggro, etc. But, and this is the most important part, as someone said above the Void Pool is designed to become ubeatable and the mobs get increasingly more powerful each wave until they're a posse of Kryptonians waltzing up to the walls. L2P
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 932
    This is an event Popps, the Dev team, who do NOT cater to you can change things as and when they wish.  How boring would this game be if all event mobs acted in a predictable way.

ADAPT, oh, and drop poisoning or at least learn how it works, you are embarrassing yourself, you are a veteran after all
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,014Moderator
    I've backspaced 3 times trying to diplomatically analyze this thread and the answers on it. I can't do it.
This discussion has been closed.