PVP - Felucca suggestions

JujuJuju Posts: 10
edited February 16 in PvP / VvV
Hello @Kyronix

here are my suggestions for Felucca:

1) make powerscrolls shard bound. If you play most populated shards, you need to fight in Felucca to get scrolls and not just buy cheap scrolls farmed on deserted shards and xsharded…too easy otherwise

2) revamp the loot of harrowers. It’s hard, it’s risky and the loot that the harrower gives is totally outdated

3) make town buff for reds, inside dungeons place a stone similar to towns (with no governors)…this way it can be worth to go red again

4) remove guardzone from yew…make it totally guard zone free, so if you are red and in VVV you can freely pvp in team fights there and get crosshealed

5) nerf the new waki that was spawned with the new tokuno event. Spark should not work with the special but now it does

6) make blood legendary items, shard bound, with lifespan 30 days. These items will be dropped at champ spawns in dungeons, no t2a. Items with 10 mods. You will be able to have very good suits very easily and you will have to keep fighting and doing spawns to get this type of gear. The lifespan 30 days will keep people doing champs (and more pvp).

7) remake a bounty system for reds, if a red dies you can claim his soul with a deed that can be bought at the minter by the banks. Returning the deed enpowered with the soul will get you some gold (depending on the bounty board quotations)

8) higher the base skill cap from 720 to 740, we want template variety, after so many years, it’s time to higher a bit the base cap for the skills. Players want to do something different. At least do it for 300+ months accounts if you don’t want to do it for all.

9) make shields disarmable, with a lower percentage rate in compare to a weapon

10) give spellbooks more sense in pvp, not disarmable and with a bonus for spell dmg (5%), the buff cannot work combined with a shield

Comments

• AlexAlex Posts: 23
    I emailed @Mesanna ; quite few times suggesting a lot of new items to be added to Ingame Store.

• Ring of the Escape!! - Teleport Ring with 20 Charges, 500 SOV. This will sell like candy!
    • New VVV Mounts, New Skin's Maybe? Bring the Old Faction Color's into VVV
    • New Hair Dyes
    • New VVV gears

also from Topic above, all excellent suggestions!

• JujuJuju Posts: 10
    edited February 16
    I think teleport rings will cost more and more and not many people are using them nowadays, since they are becoming less and less available in game. If you have 3/4 players using them across all shards because they want to invest few platinums to have a little stock…well it’s NOT really a big deal, it does not create any issues for pvp. We are talking about not even the 0.3% of the pvp population among shards. Let teleport rings be as they are now, they will cost 10 million per charge in a year, and only 2/3 ppl will use them in game. 
  • CodyCody Posts: 30
    edited February 16
    Juju said:
    I think teleport rings will cost more and more and not many people are using them nowadays, since they are becoming less and less available in game. If you have 3/4 players using them across all shards because they want to invest few platinums to have a little stock…well it’s NOT really a big deal, it does not create any issues for pvp. We are talking about not even the 0.3% of the pvp population among shards. Let teleport rings be as they are now, they will cost 10 million per charge in a year, and only 2/3 ppl will use them in game. 
    Not sure where you’re pvping. Bout everyone in our guild has/uses them. Only reason less people use them is because they don’t farm/have gold to spend on them. Couple hundred charges available on vendor search at all times. 
    Almost every guild on atl abuses tele ring to archery dismount, tele ring to focus attack for splintering, etc

If they aren’t going to add a timer to tele rings or something, I suggest reverting riding swipe back to the way it was originally intended. For some reason people complained about riding swipe being able to be toggled before dismounting. Still had to be within melee range to dismount them. 
    That got nerfed and then everyone started running around using telerings to archery dismount. Way more broken than riding swipe was. 

I Suggest: 
    -add freeze timer to teleport or adjust range of it. Or just delete in general or make accessible to everyone at an easy cost such as the cost for VVV mounts. 

-revert riding swipe nerf to work as it originally was intended to. 

-actually adjust evasion. Maybe make evasion chance greatly reduced if you have a spell channeling weapon on/have magery/eval/mystic/focus etc. (I believe this was looked at near pub 108, and supposed to be nerfed. Proper testing wasn’t done and hardly any change happened.) 

-look at the new waki. Original pvp tuning thread was closed before testing came out with that. Doing easily 60 damage when sparks procs.

-look at nerve strike/bokuto. This is a big topic, mostly because of the offense capabilities of pairing a casting school(magery/mystic) with the offense of the bokuto sweep/nerve strike. I’m think offense power of that is not what makes it so strong. The high offense paired with bushido confidence, evasion, and warcry gaining survivability. Templates like this are able to put out high damage without sacrificing survivability. 
    I think reducing the bokuto to hybrid templates will keep the bokuto useful for melee templates.

-adjust hybrid high skill templates to encourage pure mages/dexxers/real skill templates vs skill increase.(this was also looked at when discord was reworked, maybe look at reworking this to have discord be a radius it affects instead of a single target?) 

-delete VVV system or remake one that makes sense.
    Bugs since day 1 in it that have never been addressed. 
    Should be a waiting period to resign VVV but can get around that by resigning, leaving guild and logging in and out. 
    If a blue flags someone in VVV they go orange, if they die they can res and not be orange to anyone else besides who they originally flagged. 
    Vvv system now is mostly a few scripters running sigil bots to farm points for potions/mounts/etc. I’m sure there’s more missing here. 
    If the system gets redone incorporate some of the ideas for items people have mentioned. But should make people actually have to work at PvP engagement to get it. Not just sit around for three towns and get a good piece or mount. Should actually feel rewarded when you get it. 

Give people somewhere besides yew gate to PvP. 
    Capture the flag in dungeons or something. Realistically right now there is no reason to PvP besides just wanting to go fight other players. Should be a system in place that rewards players engaging in PvP combat to work towards something that requires others to also participate in to achieve. 
    Changing powerscrolls to shard bound won’t change anything, about 10 years too late on trying that. 

hard to try and give pure feedback because everything seems like it will just hurt more than an actually fix. Being overlooked for so long it’s hard to just narrow it to one/a few things. 
  • ezikelezikel Posts: 90
    1)Make Tele rings paralyze the user while waiting for cursor to appear
    2)Rebalance weapons to give non-bokuto weapons a purpose to be used
    3)boost the damage  for poison strike
    4) give  to spirit speak more hp went your healing your self and make a passive mana regen like focus
    5) Parry Mastery - Shield-bash, should no longer proc Glenda's Bone Breaker
    6) Splintering Weapon should no longer cause a target to bleed, instead it would only slow a targets movement speed.
    7)the bug where blues can go orange, die, lose their orange status and reflag on people after they have been killed without turning orange again.
    8)fix the dart cooldown between belt
    9) change the meta ,we need more diversity and pvp content
    10)the bokuto is way to powerful versu any other weapons .it's fast ,hit hard ,paralyse and can splintering .maybe make the weapons 2 heanded and slower or make nerve strike only paralises.
    11) after getting splintering ,i should be able to remove the bleed and heal with a bandage .
    12)make tamer useful in pvp its 240 skill that give almost nothing .its not normal that i can stand in front of pet and just walk aways
    they need a boost of damage and move a little bit faster .
    13)its way to easy to foot someone with bola and you need 0 skill for.am not sure if not already the case but you should need at least 45 hci and if you teleport you should lose your bola .
    14)let people chose the town buff they need and give  the same option in fel for the red
    15)remove all fast cast if bushido is mix with any casting school .
    16) kill the meta
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    No more color system anyone in fel open game

VvV gear only works in fel

Each fel city needs own gov and town buff tram buffs shouldn't work in fel
  • JujuJuju Posts: 10
    Cody said:
    Juju said:
    Not sure where you’re pvping. Bout everyone in our guild has/uses them. Only reason less people use them is because they don’t farm/have gold to spend on them. Couple hundred charges available on vendor search at all times. 
    Almost every guild on atl abuses tele ring to archery dismount, tele ring to focus attack for splintering, etc

If they aren’t going to add a timer to tele rings or something, I suggest reverting riding swipe back to the way it was originally intended. For some reason people complained about riding swipe being able to be toggled before dismounting. Still had to be within melee range to dismount them. 
    That got nerfed and then everyone started running around using telerings to archery dismount. Way more broken than riding swipe was. 

I Suggest: 
    -add freeze timer to teleport or adjust range of it. Or just delete in general or make accessible to everyone at an easy cost such as the cost for VVV mounts. 

-revert riding swipe nerf to work as it originally was intended to. 

-actually adjust evasion. Maybe make evasion chance greatly reduced if you have a spell channeling weapon on/have magery/eval/mystic/focus etc. (I believe this was looked at near pub 108, and supposed to be nerfed. Proper testing wasn’t done and hardly any change happened.) 

-look at the new waki. Original pvp tuning thread was closed before testing came out with that. Doing easily 60 damage when sparks procs.

-look at nerve strike/bokuto. This is a big topic, mostly because of the offense capabilities of pairing a casting school(magery/mystic) with the offense of the bokuto sweep/nerve strike. I’m think offense power of that is not what makes it so strong. The high offense paired with bushido confidence, evasion, and warcry gaining survivability. Templates like this are able to put out high damage without sacrificing survivability. 
    I think reducing the bokuto to hybrid templates will keep the bokuto useful for melee templates.

-adjust hybrid high skill templates to encourage pure mages/dexxers/real skill templates vs skill increase.(this was also looked at when discord was reworked, maybe look at reworking this to have discord be a radius it affects instead of a single target?) 

-delete VVV system or remake one that makes sense.
    Bugs since day 1 in it that have never been addressed. 
    Should be a waiting period to resign VVV but can get around that by resigning, leaving guild and logging in and out. 
    If a blue flags someone in VVV they go orange, if they die they can res and not be orange to anyone else besides who they originally flagged. 
    Vvv system now is mostly a few scripters running sigil bots to farm points for potions/mounts/etc. I’m sure there’s more missing here. 
    If the system gets redone incorporate some of the ideas for items people have mentioned. But should make people actually have to work at PvP engagement to get it. Not just sit around for three towns and get a good piece or mount. Should actually feel rewarded when you get it. 

Give people somewhere besides yew gate to PvP. 
    Capture the flag in dungeons or something. Realistically right now there is no reason to PvP besides just wanting to go fight other players. Should be a system in place that rewards players engaging in PvP combat to work towards something that requires others to also participate in to achieve. 
    Changing powerscrolls to shard bound won’t change anything, about 10 years too late on trying that. 

hard to try and give pure feedback because everything seems like it will just hurt more than an actually fix. Being overlooked for so long it’s hard to just narrow it to one/a few things. 
    Nobody in your guild uses them, except maybe one person. As I said they cost a lot and only a few have them. I pvp every day and I pvped longer than anyone left in the game . We want template variety so any improvements that give diversification is welcome.  we need to get template variety. So it would be good to enanche old school mages with spellbooks but nowadays having no parry makes a player insta killable when pvping in team fights.

Any improvements to get pvp in dungeons is welcome
  • sibblesibble Posts: 113
    I'm going to re-suggest a battlegrounds-type of shard:
    - Dedicated PVP shard
    - Cannot create characters on battlegrounds shard, only transfer existing from other shards
    - Rewards-based system
    - Able to freely transfer characters to/from via a token purchasable through a NPC
    - Leaves a ghost slot on that shard reserved for when your PVP character moves back
    - 24hr timers for transfers

This way you can cross-shard PVP with the entire player-base without having to pay for character transfers etc.  There's a ton more of ideas that can be thrown into this.
  • Del805Del805 Posts: 15
    Hello, these changes are just here to really out here to help balance out the pvp.. a few issues is mages are being left behind.. Pure casting mages, with all the damage overtime ability's and players swinging at a max cap its very hard to kill someone with just casting spells...  
    Also gargs are just not very good right now.. 

I think allowing parry mages with no combat skill to get to 25 sdi again would be a great start on helping.  

1.)You should not be able to Splinter,Spark, or Bone Break with any special move toggled with exception to masteries... the concept behind the weapons are great and they open up many templates for mages, and dexxers. But its time to remove Splinter/Specials moves Sparks/WW. 

2.)If you do Manage to keep Special abilities like Sparks, Please add a weapon for gargs, like a cyclone. Gargs really do not get any love or have anything OP.  Add Splinter for Glaives, 

3.) As the bets and main person who uses exp potions, I am 100% ok with this change especially now that my exp potions will add DR on my targets evade.

4.) Most people just buy gold then buy teleport rings might as well add it to the store so uo can have more resources to the player base. 

5.) Please increase heal potion and apple timers by 5 seconds... 

6.) Please add back Disarm Defensive ability to combat skill mastery.. 

7.) Please add 3-5 second before a player can perform a specials ability after changing their weapon

8.) Please increase the stamina taken from running through a player and stamina taken from taking damage, please increase refresh potion timer to 10 seconds... 
    this would balance everything out with cookie cutter builds and force the players to run more a natural build... if they want less stamina reduction then the player will need to invest in plat email. with less lower mana cost. 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Del805 said:
    Hello, these changes are just here to really out here to help balance out the pvp.. a few issues is mages are being left behind.. Pure casting mages, with all the damage overtime ability's and players swinging at a max cap its very hard to kill someone with just casting spells...  
    Also gargs are just not very good right now.. 

I think allowing parry mages with no combat skill to get to 25 sdi again would be a great start on helping.  

1.)You should not be able to Splinter,Spark, or Bone Break with any special move toggled with exception to masteries... the concept behind the weapons are great and they open up many templates for mages, and dexxers. But its time to remove Splinter/Specials moves Sparks/WW. 

2.)If you do Manage to keep Special abilities like Sparks, Please add a weapon for gargs, like a cyclone. Gargs really do not get any love or have anything OP.  Add Splinter for Glaives, 

3.) As the bets and main person who uses exp potions, I am 100% ok with this change especially now that my exp potions will add DR on my targets evade.

4.) Most people just buy gold then buy teleport rings might as well add it to the store so uo can have more resources to the player base. 

5.) Please increase heal potion and apple timers by 5 seconds... 

6.) Please add back Disarm Defensive ability to combat skill mastery.. 

7.) Please add 3-5 second before a player can perform a specials ability after changing their weapon

8.) Please increase the stamina taken from running through a player and stamina taken from taking damage, please increase refresh potion timer to 10 seconds... 
    this would balance everything out with cookie cutter builds and force the players to run more a natural build... if they want less stamina reduction then the player will need to invest in plat email. with less lower mana cost. 
    TC has a PVP Publish on it right now waiting your testing then you may post here to help outhttps://forum.uo.com/discussion/13790/publish-117-pvp-updates-discussion#latest  
  • jazz_handsjazz_hands Posts: 27
    You make it sound like your pro Red but your not. Reds should get an automatic "Red Bless" that increases stats 5-10%
    Who are you talking to @jazz_hand?  There is a thread for this stuff and if you truly cared about PvP you would go to TC and post in the TC PVP thread.  
  • jazz_handsjazz_hands Posts: 27
    edited March 21
    Who are you talking to @ jazz_hand?  There is a thread for this stuff and if you truly cared about PvP you would go to TC and post in the TC PVP thread.  

Who are you talking to @ jazz_hand?  There is a thread for this stuff and if you truly cared about PvP you would go to TC and post in the TC PVP thread.  

here are my suggestions for Felucca:

1) make powerscrolls shard bound. If you play most populated shards, you need to fight in Felucca to get scrolls and not just buy cheap scrolls farmed on deserted shards and xsharded…too easy otherwise

2) revamp the loot of harrowers. It’s hard, it’s risky and the loot that the harrower gives is totally outdated

3) make town buff for reds, inside dungeons place a stone similar to towns (with no governors)…this way it can be worth to go red again

4) remove guardzone from yew…make it totally guard zone free, so if you are red and in VVV you can freely pvp in team fights there and get crosshealed

5) nerf the new waki that was spawned with the new tokuno event. Spark should not work with the special but now it does

6) make blood legendary items, shard bound, with lifespan 30 days. These items will be dropped at champ spawns in dungeons, no t2a. Items with 10 mods. You will be able to have very good suits very easily and you will have to keep fighting and doing spawns to get this type of gear. The lifespan 30 days will keep people doing champs (and more pvp).

7) remake a bounty system for reds, if a red dies you can claim his soul with a deed that can be bought at the minter by the banks. Returning the deed enpowered with the soul will get you some gold (depending on the bounty board quotations)

8) higher the base skill cap from 720 to 740, we want template variety, after so many years, it’s time to higher a bit the base cap for the skills. Players want to do something different. At least do it for 300+ months accounts if you don’t want to do it for all.

9) make shields disarmable, with a lower percentage rate in compare to a weapon

10) give spellbooks more sense in pvp, not disarmable and with a bonus for spell dmg (5%), the buff cannot work combined with a shield

What the hell you talking about your not a Moderator, read #3 maybe after 2200 post and the trip to Mordo you need to take a break.

LOL  I never said I was a Mod and you are supposedly so much into PvP log on to TC and TEST then post your stuff in the TC PvP thread.  You jealous that people have more posts than you, don't worry padawan you will get there.