Spellweaving

“Half of the spells are cast-able (without even much reduction in function) at JoaT. 

Arcane circle
gift of renewal
Attunement
Thundertorm
Nature’s fury
immoliating weapon

no reagents needed or tithing 

mana shield is a real double edged sword, at 105 spellweaving and level 6 circle you get 20% mana shield but it still consumes 50% mana to damage so really drains much more mana.

I really think should need at least 70 skill for arcane circle and stoning on/off skill should poof the circle”

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    edited June 2023
    Are you sure about arcane circle? Players with 100 skill do not get the full time and cause the others not to get it either.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "reason human armor is worth double elven armor,
    i get level 6 with every char 100% time i play, so do must people"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    Pawain said:
    Are you sure about arcane circle? Players with 100 skill do not get the full time and cause the others not to get it either.

The duration doesn't really matter. It's been at least 10 years since i've used this joat so i couldn't say an exact time but you can get a max circle and have access to the cool stuff. 

After all these years i'm surprised i don't see more samps and pvmers utilizing this. A few hours of Attunement and gift of renewal is super good. 

Not saying i agree or disagree with the OP but it is there. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,981Moderator
    edited June 2023
    but 2 x 120s with mastery get 6 for 6.
    All the spells you mention have a duration which is based on your skill level. The spells are castable, but the duration is less.

edited June 2023
    Mariah said:
    but 2 x 120s with mastery get 6 for 6.
    All the spells you mention have a duration which is based on your skill level. The spells are castable, but the duration is less.

Attunement and gift of renewal are hard capped on duration. The effects are based on skill and circle levels. Which is still REALLY good for only requiring a simple quest and a little mana. 
    edited June 2023
    "at 0 skill attunement absorb 57, at 106.5 it absorb 81
    at 0 skill gift of renewal heal 11 every 2 seconds for 90 seconds, at 106.5 it heal 15 every 2 seconds for 90 seconds

57/81 equals 70%,
    11/15 equals 73%

why i get 70+% of something at 0 skill? don't even need reagent....

even thunderstorm
    i deal 15 damage to ogre with 0 skill, same sdi with 106.5 i deal 18
    15/18 equals 83%"

edited June 2023
    Are yall talking about using the mastery?

5 players with 120 and 1 with less than100 only get the 5 players. 

A 100 skill does not give 9 hours.

Yes needing a focus after midnight is not easy. Those extra hours matter.

Why do you think people on Atl. Call out for skilled focus groups.

You are just finding out Weaving is a support skill?  

Why don't you just drop magery in PvP if Weaving is so great? 
    edited June 2023
    Pawain said:

Not the mastery.

If you're human and do the spellweaving quest, as long as you have a spellweaving spellbook in your pack and you can get a full circle then you can cast the above spells with Joat 20 skill. Very useful. 
    Urge said:
    Pawain said:

Not the mastery.

If you're human and do the spellweaving quest, as long as you have a spellweaving spellbook in your pack you can get a full circle you can cast the above spells with Joat 20 skill. Very useful. 
    You get 6/9¿?
    Pawain said:

You get 6/9¿?
    You can get 6/? with no skill circle. Yoshi's pic says 5 hours. You'll just have to get another circle sooner. Duration of Attunement and Gift of renewal is hard capped. 
    edited June 2023
    Interesting.  My archers are elves. I do have a warrior that is human.  Might add deaths at the next dungeon.

Don't you only get the higher values if a 120 skill player casts?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,981Moderator
    Casters in the circle must be within 20 skill points of each other.
    Mariah said:
    Casters in the circle must be within 20 skill points of each other.
    OK I knew when a less than 100 skill person was with us, they did not add.  

So you need 6 lame weavers.
    edited June 2023
    I don't understand the issue. Thunderstorm with little or no SDI does very little damage. Attunement is based on real skill. Most of these have real skill in the calculations and durations. 

Maybe yall have never used a real weaver. WoD is low damage without a 6.
    edited June 2023
    Pawain said:
    I don't understand the issue. Thunderstorm with little or no SDI does very little damage. Attunement is based on real skill. Most of these have real skill in the calculations and durations. 

Maybe yall have never used a real weaver. WoD is low damage without a 6.

"what are you talking about?

It's easier to get level 6 with no skill than with skill as you just put any EJ chars there on circle, don't need to train them up or even do quest...

at 0 skill attunement absorb 57, at 106.5 it absorb 81
    at 0 skill gift of renewal heal 11 every 2 seconds for 90 seconds, at 106.5 it heal 15 every 2 seconds for 90 seconds
    even thunderstorm
    i deal 15 damage to ogre with 0 skill, same sdi with 106.5 i deal 18
    15/18 equals 83%"

why you don't read/understand?

What you mean attunement is based on real skill? you can't even get +spellweaving skill items...

I speak only in facts and figures and you reply with nonsense

"

Pawain said:

I don't see it as a major issue myself but it is a nice little addition.

I don't do anything hardcore enough to justify trying to gather a no skill circle anymore but if you do i highly recommend trying it out. For the price of a little time doing a quest and a getting a circle it does help a lot! 

edited June 2023
    I can't copy the chart it is too big.

More than half the skills have weaving skill in the formula. 

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/spellweaving/#:~:text=Spellweaving is the spellcasting skill,cast an 'arcane focus'.

But you back up what I said about this being no issue since you mentioned killing ogres.

I'm referring to Yoshi acting like this is some OP thing that needs attention immediately. 

You are just informing others that they can add some of these things in to their templates to fight better so, @Urge Thanks!  Sorry I mixed you in. I could try Attunement on my warrior in the next dungeon.  I love Sanctuary. Any excuse to kill the rats is fun for me.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited June 2023
    Yoshi said:
    “Half of the spells are cast-able (without even much reduction in function) at JoaT. 

Arcane circle
    gift of renewal
    Attunement
    Thundertorm
    Nature’s fury
    immoliating weapon

no reagents needed or tithing 

mana shield is a real double edged sword, at 105 spellweaving and level 6 circle you get 20% mana shield but it still consumes 50% mana to damage so really drains much more mana.

I really think should need at least 70 skill for arcane circle and stoning on/off skill should poof the circle”

If you're going to start a war against stoning skills, then I think they should  prevent EJs from using the circle regardless of skill..if you want to screw a lot of people, then go ahead and screw A LOT of people..
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    edited June 2023
    Pawain said:
    I can't copy the chart it is too big.

More than half the skills have weaving skill in the formula. 

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/spellweaving/#:~:text=Spellweaving is the spellcasting skill,cast an 'arcane focus'.

But you back up what I said about this being no issue since you mentioned killing ogres.

I'm referring to Yoshi acting like this is some OP thing that needs attention immediately. 

You are just informing others that they can add some of these things in to their templates to fight better so, @ Urge Thanks!  Sorry I mixed you in. I could try Attunement on my warrior in the next dungeon.  I love Sanctuary. Any excuse to kill the rats is fun for me.

"yes skill is in formula, but complaint is that it's bad formula if you get 70-83% of the effect at 0 skill compared to over 100skill.

What you talking about urgent? nothing has changed in spellweaving the last like 10 years its been same.
    people been complaining about me abusing this for long time

I never said anything urgent, you wlll see people refuse to fight me because I do this.

As for Garth comment about screwing people using EJ accounts, I only suggested that arcane circle require some skill to use, more than JoaT, and for gem to poof if you stone it.
    Should resolve all issues"
    Ya they intended to not let things carry over after removing skills.  They missed that one.  The gem does lower if you did it with the mastery and change masteries.
  • I knew about this 17 years ago. I would use JoAT Attunement to absorb AIs in PvP, and Gift of Renewal to help keep me healed. It's mostly useful in PvP to survive a burst attempt. In PvM, Attunement absorbing 57 damage once every few minutes isn't a big deal, and GoR's healing pales in comparison to a Sampire's life leeching. Attunement/Gift of Renewal spell cast attempts still fail quite a bit at just JoAT skill levels though.
    I knew about this 17 years ago. I would use JoAT Attunement to absorb AIs in PvP, and Gift of Renewal to help keep me healed. 
    The good old days. Wait a min...bok and evade mages were cycling thru then too. 
    Yoshi said:

people been complaining about me abusing this for long time

Observing your Modus Operandi, others are doing it now so you want to stop them and start getting yourself ahead in some other fashion.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 270
    Yoshi said:

Arcane circle
    gift of renewal
    Attunement
    Thundertorm
    Nature’s fury
    immoliating weapon

Arcane circle does absolutely nothing in itself. Thunderstorm, Nature’s Fury, & Immolating Weapon are worthless at JOAT lvl unless ur killing mongbats. These are obvious non-issues other then trying to lend credence to your issue w attunement & gift of renewal.

Attunement & Gift, as PlayerSkillFTW aptly said,
    I would use JoAT Attunement to absorb AIs in PvP, and Gift of Renewal to help keep me healed.
    Both spells at JOAT lvl are mostly used in PvP & its been that way for 15yrs. Get over it already. Your crying over spilt milk thats dried up & turned to dust over a decade ago.... seriously bro. Don’t get angry at the game bc some folks don’t die as fast as u want then go on a rant abt how 15yr old mechanics need to be changed... pathetic, really.

Next you’ll be ranting how JOAT needs to be removed entirely.

Yoshi said:

Obviously Horrible idea for so many reasons I won’t even list them. Just stop already.

We all get that you hate not getting a killshot bc attunement blocked it or someone healed up while running from you thanks to GoR. Its been part of the game forever.... its way past time to move on bro.
     :D 
    edited June 2023
    Acid_Rain said:

Yoshi said:

Obviously Horrible idea for so many reasons I won’t even list them. Just stop already.
    “Can’t you at least humour us with one?

(I’m not sure what all this:
    urgent
    angry
    crying
    ranting 

business is about

i have stated some facts and figures only, if you think it should remain unchanged - I have no dog in the race)

for me, since EJ accounts I have played with level 6 circle on every single char at all times. Whereas before, it would be a bonus if I could get only so normally would not bother with it”
    “Perhaps then Garth could be right and should only stop EJ accounts from being able to circle if you don’t want them to change Arcane Circle skill level”
    edited June 2023
    “Let me also ask another question.

the wiki states:

You must first prove yourself worthy to be taught by the elves of Heartwood or Sanctuary. This is achieved by undertaking the quest Learning the Ways of the Arcanist

And for arcane circle:
    Caster and up to 4 other arcanists standing within an arcane circle.

How all my EJ chars even count as arcanist when I haven’t done quest on any of them?

edited to remove inappropriate RL reference.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 270
    Yoshi said:
    “Let me also ask another question.

the wiki states:

You must first prove yourself worthy to be taught by the elves of Heartwood or Sanctuary. This is achieved by undertaking the quest Learning the Ways of the Arcanist

And for arcane circle:
    Caster and up to 4 other arcanists standing within an arcane circle.

How all my EJ chars even count as arcanist when I haven’t done quest on any of them?

edited to remove inappropriate RL reference.

Because they’re all human & all have 20 spellweaving by default thanks to JOAT??

I’m done here. Feel free to rally for an unnecessary +15yr old mechanics change that only a few disgruntled PvPers find favorable. 

<3
    edited June 2023
    “Can still circle with Elves and Garg who don’t have quest or JoaT

that’s a shame because I was looking forward to hearing maybe one of your reasons why requiring more than 0 skill to cast arcane circle was a terrible idea. Oh well..

also I’ll add 
    rally?
    disgruntled?
    PvPers?

To your list of adjectives to describe some facts and figures regarding spellweaving spell strength

i think perhaps you’re replying to the wrong thread in your head”