HLD/HLA

2»

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2023
    "(when you're hit with HLD it shows your char status current DCI and calcs for you)
    but pff i will use a 45 dci char anyway, which when hit with HLD - drops to 30DCI.

Just quick initial test, will do more later:
    Assuming permanently under HLD debuff which was pretty much the case for the 29 swings i recorded

So UOCAH says, 55.77% chance to get hit?

first quick test of 29 swings,
    got hit 17
    dodged 12

so it really was possible to dodge a hit while under HLD
    but its near 59% got hit, also the aggressor only had 40% HLD, but like i predicted, remained under HLD debuff for entire duration even with only 40% HLD and not 50%HLD.

will ofcourse need to do at least 100 swings for decent results"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 925
    edited May 2023
    Yoshi said:

So UOCAH says, 55.77% chance to get hit?

UOCah seems to be adding the 5%  hit/miss rule in addition to the normal formula.  but that rule affects players with 0 weapon skill even if they're going against one with 120.0.

This is also why you might notice you dodge on occasion even while you're disarmed, though the chance is super low (min 5%, with 45 DCI it can be nearly 9%).

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    under HLD without parry, you should have roughly at 42.5% chance dodge, it's not always going to be consistent because it's really all RNG, you could be hit 30x in a row if RNG permits it, you can also be missed 5x in a row while you're disarmed if RNG permits that.

so the numbers are accurate  If you're under HLD the entire time (45 hci vs 45 dci -pre debuff) but this isn't taking into account the players running from each other, which will almost always remove HLA & HLD effects. under the current durations.

In group fights, there's a higher chance HLD will remain in affect, because as you've stated   If one person uses HLD on you, everyone attacking you gains the benefit of it. the same is true for every debuff (aside from Enemy of One) at least that I can think of off-hand.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2023
    “The piper just stands there taking hits, hardly any monsters run around. Certainly not faster than player can move anyway.

I think maybe for PvM you get the full -25%dci with HLD too.

So def does not need to last 8 seconds at all”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited May 2023
    Yoshi said:
    “The piper just stands there taking hits, hardly any monsters run around. Certainly not faster than player can move anyway.

I think maybe for PvM you get the full -25%dci with HLD too.

So def does not need to last 8 seconds at all”
      I do believe that to be correct as well, because if that were not true, assuming NPCs do not have any +DCI beyond what their 'skills' grant,  HLD would never proc if it worked like it does in pvp.

ICQ# 478 633 659