Advanced Training Dummy review

RockRock Posts: 567
edited May 2018 in General Discussions
Short version: I like it!

Ever since I came back to the game and saw the Advanced Training Dummy (ATD) in the Tinkering gump, I've wanted one. I read about it and found out you needed to buy the Gothic Theme Pack to have access to it.  I spent the $10 this morning and made one. Why do I like it?
  • It allows training melee weapon skills to 60.
  • It also raises Tactics.
  • It also raises Focus.  (To be fair, so does breathing hard.)
  • It occasionally strikes back (about 6 pts damage).  This effect raises Parry as well.

I have not observed it raise Anatomy, but with that skill already at 56.9 maybe it is just an infrequent gain to 60.

There is a visual glitch, at least in the enhanced client.  I reported that in this post.

Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    edited May 2018
    You could of just beaten a wolf spider with 100% poison weapon and saved $10 and got to way over 60 skill. A quick Google search for "ultima online melee training" would explain how to do this.
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    @DJAd, I know there are lots of other ways to train melee skills.  The Gothic Theme Pack is by no means a "must have", but I decided to get it and then report on one aspect of it.  It also offers a chest of sending that allows your characters to send up to 50 items/week to the bank.  (Total for all your characters on that shard, regardless of account.) Yes, I know there are other ways to get stuff to the bank as well.  To me it was worth the money.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)