It would be handy to have an icon or message in CC showing the time to Thorn planting

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
edited April 2023 in General Discussions

As we know, there is a down time to planting Thorns.

It would be handy, for the CC, if a message was to be given, and/or an icon showing within the buffs/debuffs, saying how much time is left 'till one can plant another thorn.

By the way, 2,650 Luck and did not get an egg drop in the backpack.... several times.... is this normal ?

What would be the Luck number to get an egg 100%, all times ?

Comments

• RockoRocko Posts: 174
    Timer is agro timer, or close enough.  If you group with someone and take turns, you can continuously plant seeds.

Don't give up so easily, you will get eggs.

100% egg drop? 1 meeeeeeeelion luck.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2023
    “I was getting 100% at 4040 (under luck statue effect)”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 881
    game is 25+ years old popps

BOO HOO I didn't get  eggs 100% of the time!

several times? pathetic

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    A general cool down timer that covers several things that could be toggled on and off would be nice here in CC.

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “not having cool-down timer for green thorn has no impact on play.
    not having cool-down timer for attunement causes death and loss of items or causes people to download third party software to fix issue, - which comes with unattended macro capabilities built in. I think there are higher priorities”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 881
    so in 2 month time no-one will be planting green thorns, but someone cannot set a timer for 3 mins, or however long it take, or just chill out during the cooldown cycle and wants the whole world to stop and cater to his silly little needs. EVERY other player has adapted and dealt with this tiny little inconvenience knowing it will only be for a short while.....Popps, oh no, change it to suit me!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited April 2023
    @popps

Best way to get more eggs per thorn is to take 2 friends. And you can chat for the 20 seconds that you have left over if you get too fast at gathering eggs.  Or continue writing the next novel.

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/12219/plant-thorns-with-friends-get-more-eggs
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    @popps yes you will not get eggs 100% of the time with a max luck suit of 2840.

But you do get over 90% after you rub the statue. So you have an hour that you can get eggs at a very high rate. Invite 2 friends and the eggs increase to about 50+ eggs per session. I let the others loot the corpse so I do not get those.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited April 2023
    Just do it how the scripters are doing it.

Take four bots characters and surround 1 tile, rotate planting the thorn on that tile you have stam blocked.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    "Alexa, set timer for 3 minutes"
    "Alexa, set timer for 3 minutes"
    I wish the alexa stopwatch worked. 

"sorry I am having trouble accessing your stopwatch skill right now"

For the Music thread.  Alexa Play Ozzy's Boneyard on Sirius XM.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    Backwards, forwards, for me it's all the same, just time. ;)
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Pawain said:
    @ popps yes you will not get eggs 100% of the time with a max luck suit of 2840.

But you do get over 90% after you rub the statue. So you have an hour that you can get eggs at a very high rate. Invite 2 friends and the eggs increase to about 50+ eggs per session. I let the others loot the corpse so I do not get those.

Mongbats with 2680 get a egg everytime and a bonus eggs in 4 out of 10 corpses according to my 20 thorn 1 hour experiment this morning.

so in 2 month time no-one will be planting green thorns, but someone cannot set a timer for 3 mins, or however long it take, or just chill out during the cooldown cycle and wants the whole world to stop and cater to his silly little needs. EVERY other player has adapted and dealt with this tiny little inconvenience knowing it will only be for a short while.....Popps, oh no, change it to suit me!

Perhaps you should say YOU won't be in 2 Months, I will still be planting a couple hundred per week just like I always have.  Maybe not a huge number of us still do thorns and Vorpal Bunnies but enough. Not to mentions the Swamp vines and a real good way to fast farm A LOT of reagents on Siege. So yeah the cool down timer would be handy for thorns as well as whatever you think it might be of use for.
    @Tyrath I do not see an egg every time at that level.

But the point is, @popps can get an egg with a easy to craft luck suit, which he has, and 1 hour on the statue.

I find it more beneficial to give 20 thorns to 2 others and take turns planting. 1 hour gives 3 hours of eggs.
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    Rocko says: "Honey, please tell me when three minutes is up."  Mrs. Rocko: "Do it yourself."

Huh, never thought about it that way.  Do it yourself.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    I was using the stopwatch on my phone because my 3 paid tamers were killing 3 bunnies too fast and I have the patience of a 3 year old.  Then I realized I could have one of my EJ characters plant the 4th thorn. So no need to use the stopwatch anymore.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Maybe a message like the taming whisper mastery does but it doesn't justify a buff bar cooldown by any means. 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    I come post between every thorn just sayin