Pub 115 Feedback Thread

1235710

Comments

  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited January 2023
    Seth said:
    +1 to spell channelling, and DCI +10 to protect the fisherman. 

    " +10% dci of 0 weapon skill, is still 0"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,776
    Yoshi said:
    Seth said:
    +1 to spell channelling, and DCI +10 to protect the fisherman. 

    " +10% dci of 0 weapon skill, is still 0"
    Why yes make a fishing skill weapon kinda like mage weapon 
  • ValeriaValeria Posts: 97
    edited January 2023
    Only back in the past couple years but I love the game and the memories like everyone else who played in the 90s... You got a lot of vocal posters here and I love reading their suggestions.

    I think your turn in rewards ought to be themed to the event. I know it's probably unpopular.  I missed the balron bone event and I need two of those but I'll wait till they get recycled.

    If it's alchemist themed, why don't you do dyes? Maybe some sets of old tokuno colors?  Or maybe some unique new spell book only dyes?  Could maybe come up with some kind of potion holding belt similar to your first aid belt. As someone gone for 20 years coming back to learn of crystal balls and jawbones... Maybe start putting together teleport items for crafters. A reward item that takes you to all the alchemist shops of Britannia for this one. I think it'd be neat at least. You got gardening into this event... What about a small planter for a reward?  If you just wanna recycle old artis you could always put some classic luck things like armor of fortune which is now kinda hard to get in doom after the doom change or leurocians mempo. People always like messing with luck and you won't have to worry about power creep. What about a vending machine clicky that gives one random potion from all possible potions per day? Or a clicky lockdown that gives you a random seed of any color or type of plant available?

    Just a few ideas for ya @Kyronix ; B)
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,286
    Sounds good
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,870
    Kyronix said:


    @ Kyronix - Can you confirm my question about the Fel luck bonus going towards the egg pack drops?  Should the inherent 1000 luck bonus go towards the chances? Currently it does not.





    There is no +1000 bonus for Fel in the luck calculations here.  That +1000 is very specific to certain systems - loot generation being the only one that comes to mind off the top of my head. 

    Every system is built to use luck differently.



    @Kyronix

    Thank you for the kind clarification.

    Would it be possible, whenever you might have the time, to clarify more precisely for all that the the Felucca 1,000 Luck bonus applies, so that @Mariah , when possible, could hopefully add the info to the UO Wiki page explaining the functioning of Luck in UO for future reference for all players who might need to seek the information ?

    I see quite some confusion among UO players about the 1,000 Felucca Luck Bonus so, I guess, being more precise as in regards to where it does apply, could help out a lot of UO players.

    Thanks.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited January 2023
    “It’s already on the wiki page, and has been for a long long time:

    • Loot generated in Felucca has a 1000 point luck bonus applied to it.
    • Harvesting saltpeter in Felucca applies a 1000 point luck bonus.“
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 289
    edited January 2023
    Feedback

    - fishing pole ( Siege Perilous ) :
    Since Siege Perilous have ''Uses'' on any weapon/tool dbl-clicked, would you consider taking them off for that vet reward only please, I don't think anyone would be pleased to have a short time limited vet reward.

    sand vortex statuette :
    Weird art, could be polished a bit...

    -
    Refinement Generator : 
    Why would you  add a station that gives refinements when you  can do already a bunch of content to get these refinements, it's like taking off the purpose of doing your content to get them, bad idea...
    Suggestion : Make a refinement storage station instead, much like the jewelry box where it takes less lockdowns and you stack all your refinements in it (up to 500 per station)

    Rest of the publish 115 :
    Good job on all :)
    Suggestions of rewards for the eggs turn-in trader npc, I'd suggest  a luck apron artifact, some spell damage gloves artifact, revamp recipes for the other Doom artifacts that has been untouched : spirit of totem, inquisitor gloves etc so many..
  • Some suggestion for the egg turn in rewards:

    Dyes
    Plinths
    Lucky Apron - 100 Luck, 5 strength, 5 HPI
    Mysterious Cubes
    The hedges from the egg turn in last year
    Mark of the Destroyer
    Batlin’s Inner Voice
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,776
    @Kyronix any word on what final fishing pole will look like? 
  • Some suggestion for the egg turn in rewards:

    Dyes
    Plinths
    Lucky Apron - 100 Luck, 5 strength, 5 HPI
    Mysterious Cubes
    The hedges from the egg turn in last year
    Mark of the Destroyer
    Batlin’s Inner Voice

    I forgot to add Yukio's Glass Earrings
  • MojmirMojmir Posts: 8
    Drogenis spellbook, balron bone armor, 3 slot rideable shadow wyrm :)
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,100Dev
    Grimbeard said:
    @ Kyronix any word on what final fishing pole will look like? 

    It will be spell channeling with FC net 0 and not allow enhancement with special materials.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,309
    edited January 2023
    Kyronix said:
    Grimbeard said:
    @ Kyronix any word on what final fishing pole will look like? 

    It will be spell channeling with FC net 0 and not allow enhancement with special materials.

    And a pretty colour?  Please? 
    My current one looks like this:

  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,286
    no luck on the pole ?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,776
    Kyronix said:
    Grimbeard said:
    @ Kyronix any word on what final fishing pole will look like? 

    It will be spell channeling with FC net 0 and not allow enhancement with special materials.
    I don't see many using this 
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Skett said:
    no luck on the pole ?
    For luck on the pole you can use carpenter runic tools , like everyone did before. 
    Awesome decision , @Kyronix

    Any chance we can get recipe for insurable bandage belt (no other properties) which will work  like quiver , so you will not loose your bandages. I defenitely have not enough first aid belts )) and new players have even more troubles each time they die. Or let us cut grey robe with scissors to have 3-5 " emergency" bandages.

    Is it possible to make vet reward station to stop pets using some skills|abilities| spells? Which only waste mana in PVM , like disarm , dismount , mortal ,  etc....   Or some menu to do that on the fly. 

    Any container which works like powerscroll book and stores up to 500 refinement ingredients? I'd even agree if each will use 1 storage space like it is now , just to avoid so many troubles sorting them. Add it to Cleanup rewards (like amalgamator) 

    Since (it was asked so many times) we cannot sort BODs in book , is there any way to make search field in it, so BODs you are looking for  will have different colour , or bold text, whatever. My eyes are not getting better with age .....

    Gargoyle version of Swords of Prosperity will be nice (while it is Daisho , it cannot be altered now). As a drawback you can disable altering of Boots for Cu Sidhe.  Same for Armor of Fortune and Luck Collar. Or add gargish version for  mark of wildfire.    and hunter's headdress stats gargish glasses (with +20 throwing) , please. 
    Any possibility to make SA  stealables (valkyrie glaive , Light in the way) to  spawn with random slayer and random damage type?     Same different slayers |protectors  for Grugor Shield (gargish version is still bugged : cannot be repaired) and Lerei Hunting spear . 

    and more slayer talismans , 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,286
    edited January 2023
    Kyronix said:
    Grimbeard said:
    @ Kyronix any word on what final fishing pole will look like? 

    It will be spell channeling with FC net 0 and not allow enhancement with special materials.




  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,776
    Catching footwear should be addressed through skill gain much like every skill you miss more and hit for less damage at 50 skill than at 120 i was fine with addressing it through a vet reward but honestly it's just a slap in the face as it is
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,309
    @gwen before we had first aid belts my warrior, archer and tamer each carried an insured bandage summoning talisman, these are relatively easy to get from Heartwood quests, give 10 bandages at a time and have a number of charges. Downside is you have to keep wearing it until the timer says it has recharged. When the item runs out of charges they can be replaced with a runic switch.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,019
    Grimbeard said:
    Kyronix said:
    Grimbeard said:
    @ Kyronix any word on what final fishing pole will look like? 

    It will be spell channeling with FC net 0 and not allow enhancement with special materials.
    I don't see many using this 

    Interesting. I saw zero realistic feedback from you (you suggested to make it a ranged melee weapon), and when you don't get some OP best in class item from it you make a remark based on no facts. Outside of SC (for mages to keep equipped while casting) what other properties are needed? Do you really need FC/FCR on a pole when there are dozens of items outside of jewelry that will give you those? Do you really need more luck when you can fish in a full luck suit (luck is also unproven to actually do anything with fishing to my knowledge)? 

    Probably too late now but why don't you actually make a pitch on what realistic things (ie you are not changing how the item works) you'd like to see added?

    Otherwise this is just like any other reward in the game, you can choose to use or not use. It's going to be giving fishers an unlimited junk proof hook so there is a good chance I'll grab one if the price is right.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,776
    keven2002 said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Kyronix said:
    Grimbeard said:
    @ Kyronix any word on what final fishing pole will look like? 

    It will be spell channeling with FC net 0 and not allow enhancement with special materials.
    I don't see many using this 

    Interesting. I saw zero realistic feedback from you (you suggested to make it a ranged melee weapon), and when you don't get some OP best in class item from it you make a remark based on no facts. Outside of SC (for mages to keep equipped while casting) what other properties are needed? Do you really need FC/FCR on a pole when there are dozens of items outside of jewelry that will give you those? Do you really need more luck when you can fish in a full luck suit (luck is also unproven to actually do anything with fishing to my knowledge)? 

    Probably too late now but why don't you actually make a pitch on what realistic things (ie you are not changing how the item works) you'd like to see added?

    Otherwise this is just like any other reward in the game, you can choose to use or not use. It's going to be giving fishers an unlimited junk proof hook so there is a good chance I'll grab one if the price is right.
    I know you read my threads because you have it bad for me worse than Allen.  so i won't bother to repeat my suggestions or point to numerous others. It's not what I'd hoped for and with a tip of my not transmoged top hat I'm out of this discussion 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,286
    pole is second year vet reward thats the cost
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,019
    edited January 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    keven2002 said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Kyronix said:
    Grimbeard said:
    @ Kyronix any word on what final fishing pole will look like? 

    It will be spell channeling with FC net 0 and not allow enhancement with special materials.
    I don't see many using this 

    Interesting. I saw zero realistic feedback from you (you suggested to make it a ranged melee weapon), and when you don't get some OP best in class item from it you make a remark based on no facts. Outside of SC (for mages to keep equipped while casting) what other properties are needed? Do you really need FC/FCR on a pole when there are dozens of items outside of jewelry that will give you those? Do you really need more luck when you can fish in a full luck suit (luck is also unproven to actually do anything with fishing to my knowledge)? 

    Probably too late now but why don't you actually make a pitch on what realistic things (ie you are not changing how the item works) you'd like to see added?

    Otherwise this is just like any other reward in the game, you can choose to use or not use. It's going to be giving fishers an unlimited junk proof hook so there is a good chance I'll grab one if the price is right.
    I know you read my threads because you have it bad for me worse than Allen.  so i won't bother to repeat my suggestions or point to numerous others. It's not what I'd hoped for and with a tip of my not transmoged top hat I'm out of this discussion 
    So... again zero useful feedback? You are so one-note. Instead of saying "nobody will use this" tell them why and make compromises or other suggestions. Or just go post about communication. Either way, thanks and safe travels.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,019
    @Kyronix - Have you been getting reports of issues dismounting (manual dismount via double click) the frost mite? I just went to dismount my frost mite in brit commons and just lost my second ethy statue.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,651
    edited January 2023
    keven2002 said:
    @ Kyronix - Have you been getting reports of issues dismounting (manual dismount via double click) the frost mite? I just went to dismount my frost mite in brit commons and just lost my second ethy statue.
    I didn't notice that it did that.
    mine isn't in Cinderella's backpack either.

    I just tried it on TC on Tooth Fairy and it does the same thing.
    in CC it will still be in your backpack
    you can click it to mount up and click on yourself to dismount.

    but when I logged in EC (with Pinco's UI)
    and clicked to mount it and then used the dismount icon
    I dismounted the ety but it isn't in the grid anymore.
    and when I switch to CC it isn't in there either.

    i just double clicked my health bar in EC and it goes back into the backback.
    it is only when you use the dismount icon that it poofs

    =====

    do you use Pinco's UI?
  • keven2002 said:
    @ Kyronix - Have you been getting reports of issues dismounting (manual dismount via double click) the frost mite? I just went to dismount my frost mite in brit commons and just lost my second ethy statue.

    I've been mounting/dismounting one now without this issue occurring in the Brit Commons area. Although, every now and then I get knocked off due to the "mounts and flying are not permitted in this area" message. Is your pack full?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,776
    Could we move gate to champ Slightly outside dismount area 
  • Sad that i can't ride my actual Frost Mite. Even tamed a new one on TC, and it wouldn't let me ride the living version of it. :(
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,174
    Idk why we can't have a new fishing pole tied to a wep skill and have it imbuable. It's obviously something a lot of us actually want. 

    I'm also unsure why we need a salvage station vet reward that does the same thing as a salvage bag which we can get for 1200gp? Unless it does something special i'm just not seeing it. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,870
    edited February 2023
    Yoshi said:
    “It’s already on the wiki page, and has been for a long long time:

    • Loot generated in Felucca has a 1000 point luck bonus applied to it.
    • Harvesting saltpeter in Felucca applies a 1000 point luck bonus.“
    Well, but Kyronix specifically mentioned that the 1,000 Felucca Luck bonus does NOT apply to the eggs generated in Felucca...

    Yet, aren't those eggs still " Loot "?

    I mean, by reading the UO Wiki page, and that "Loot generated in Felucca has a 1000 point luck bonus applied to it ", why shouldn't the players think that "also" for the eggs of the upcoming Event the 1,000 Felucca Luck bonus was to apply ?

    We now know it because Kyronix mentioned that it does not apply.... but my opint is, that the issue was NOT clear and of a simple understanding since, it required a specific Query and precise Answer from a Developer.

    Not to mention that, to my understanding, the 1,000 Felucca Luck bonus applies to Resource gathering.... is getting resources considered as "Loot" ?

    Hence, to my opinion, the explaination of the 1,000 Felucca Luck Bonus should be more precise as in regards to what it applies on and what not.
Sign In or Register to comment.