ARMY OF SAMPIRES Atlantic Deceit Lvl 1 - MAKE ALL DROPS ACCT BOUND NOW

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    That is hilarious. Serves the botters right
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866

Yoshi said:
    "covetous level 3 tram is more fun than deceit"

Perfect! That was the first place i thought of as well LOL

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Maybe @Kyronix can weigh in on the legality 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "a GM gave me a slap on the wrist and said not to..."
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Yoshi said:
    What did he say about the Sampire army?  Well at least you are keeping them at the keyboard.

Took one for the team. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Yoshi said:

Nothing a brand new unlinked EJ account with imbued +mage jewels won't fix. 
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    Urge said:
    Yoshi said:

Hehe, I was going to say the same thing.
    Give em a taste of their own medicine as they say.

Sadly, it shouldn't have to come to that though.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    CovenantX said:
    Urge said:
    Yoshi said:

Hehe, I was going to say the same thing.
    Give em a taste of their own medicine as they say.

If scripting is still viewed as illegal and the GMs won't do work then i see nothing wrong with allowing players to get creative. 
    No opinion on any of this except I'd like consistency from the forum mods @Rorschach
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    CovenantX said:

Sad, but true. The DEVS and GMS won't do anything and players should not having to waste their time with this at all.

It's great that they were all be able to be gated out and killed but you know all their items are insured and you know they'll just update their script to avoid gates (they did in Wildfire, Hythloth, etc.). Again, great it was done, but unless we're going to do it on all 24 how many ever shards there are 24/7 well yeaaaaah not much was 'fixed' and technically it's harassment. I'm a big fan of fixing the issue not slapping a bandaid on it which is why we need CHANGE in the form of account bound items for all, or at least the option with reduced priced rewards (10 instead of 50) so we can transfer our own items. Wow, what an idea, being able to use our items as we wish without this shard bound trash.

This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited October 2022
    Yoshi said:

LMFAO! Would've been even better if the spawn that day was Repond. Watch them get squished by Titan Rockhurlers. :D

Urge said:
    If scripting is still viewed as illegal and the GMs won't do work then i see nothing wrong with allowing players to get creative. 
    Exactly. This game is a sandbox. It was built upon the very idea of players being able to police themselves. That as PK guilds would rise up, so too would anti-PK guilds.

username said:
    Again, great it was done, but unless we're going to do it on all 24 how many ever shards there are 24/7 well yeaaaaah not much was 'fixed' and technically it's harassment. I'm a big fan of fixing the issue not slapping a bandaid on it which is why we need CHANGE in the form of account bound items for all, or at least the option with reduced priced rewards (10 instead of 50) so we can transfer our own items. Wow, what an idea, being able to use our items as we wish without this shard bound trash.

Because the items are Shard Bound, not every server is heavily script farmed like Atlantic is. For example, i can farm the Lvl 4 Crypts on Napa and not see another soul for hours.
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    Account bound would just lead to all this botting being done on shards other than atlantic.  They would script this badboy 24/7 with less competition and transfer everything back to ATL. 

Shard bound all the way.  Play local, farm local or buy local. 
    Kaz said:
    Account bound would just lead to all this botting being done on shards other than atlantic.  They would script this badboy 24/7 with less competition and transfer everything back to ATL. 

What the profitability in farming account bound items?
    Kaz said:

What lol you seriously think these people are botting for their own item stash? LOL
    They're farming to sell. 
    They can't sell? They won't play. 
    What's so hard to understand?

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    PlayerSkillFTW said:

Because the items are Shard Bound, not every server is heavily script farmed like Atlantic is. For example, i can farm the Lvl 4 Crypts on Napa and not see another soul for hours.
    Which has been my point from day 1. Not all shards are created equal and unfortunately for those that call ATL "home" we have to deal with more people/botters/scipters/etc. It's only right that ATL be given more spawn to work with or open Fel.

Fact is, 75% of the others shards like Napa simply do not need more spawn or Fel open but you have the whiners on here saying "but it's not fair we don't get what ATL gets". Sad that those cry babies are dictating how the event runs on the most populated shard in the game because they think their dead shard should be treated the same.

/rant
    keven2002 said:
    PlayerSkillFTW said:

Which has been my point from day 1. Not all shards are created equal and unfortunately for those that call ATL "home" we have to deal with more people/botters/scipters/etc. It's only right that ATL be given more spawn to work with or open Fel.

Fact is, 75% of the others shards like Napa simply do not need more spawn or Fel open but you have the whiners on here saying "but it's not fair we don't get what ATL gets". Sad that those cry babies are dictating how the event runs on the most populated shard in the game because they think their dead shard should be treated the same.

/rant
    We all pay the same your pvp/Atlantic play is no more deserving than Origin cats or pac
  • Pawain said:
    Wouldn’t happen in Fel…
    An army of sampires attacking the same target would kill the sampires?  More like they would kill all the players.
    My favorite is when trammies like this have no idea how to kill a group of samps. If that is the case why wouldn’t more people just use bots to PvP, way to many variables.

edited October 2022

Urge said:
    Yoshi said:

"good idea, i (i mean an anonymous EJ player) has some grand plans for a congregation of bots, watch this space for some more fun"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Wouldn’t happen in Fel…
    A really good script writer, if they wanted to, would lay waste to all of Felucca, please don't be this naive.
    Naive, the only one naive is you. I’ll take a good mage against the best script. I’ll kill 10 samps running the best script you can find. I’d only cast less than 6 spells and have them all dead. Para fields, poison fields, walls, meteor swarms ez money. Only done it a hundred times.
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    username said:
    Kaz said:

What lol you seriously think these people are botting for their own item stash? LOL
    They're farming to sell. 
    You don't think that having an army of well geared bots on all the shards wouldn't be profitable for someone with inclining to do what's been going on in the ToT events?  That they couldn't use such resources to farm profitable stuff? I could think of several ways that would be extremely profitable... just saying.

Also, if your solution were to be implemented, where would that leave this content? An event that you get the 5-6 items you want in the first couple weeks, then a dead dungeon for 6 weeks (except for the bots that I think will still be there)?  What about folks trying to help players who aren't good at farming this type of content (we do this during the last weeks of all these events), how would they do that?
    Where would that leave the players that aren't on for this one? Have to wait a year to for the items to be re-cycled on an event?  No way to purchase them?  What if they don't get recycled at all?

Listen I get what you're saying, and I get why its appealing, but overall its a bandaid in itself.  A treatment of a symptom rather than the disease, and creates further issues downstream (whether you wish to admit it not).
    edited October 2022
    Naive, the only one naive is you. I’ll take a good mage against the best script. I’ll kill 10 samps running the best script you can find. I’d only cast less than 6 spells and have them all dead. Para fields, poison fields, walls, meteor swarms ez money. Only done it a hundred times.

Do it without a 3rd party client. You're nothing without your cheat crutch holding you up.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Wouldn’t happen in Fel…
    A really good script writer, if they wanted to, would lay waste to all of Felucca, please don't be this naive.
    Of course you will.....
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Wouldn’t happen in Fel…
    Glad I have my waders on because the bullcrap is getting deep in here.
    edited October 2022
    “Skittles is not exaggerating, bots no match for players at all.

only reason they were allowed to continue at wildfire event was because there was literally no point killing them, all drops auto insured and the bots programmed to res and return, waste of mana. And they don’t even rage at you in general chat which is the main objective for killing”
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited October 2022
    Yoshi said:

LMFAO! Would've been even better if the spawn that day was Repond. Watch them get squished by Titan Rockhurlers. :D

Urge said:
    Exactly. This game is a sandbox. It was built upon the very idea of players being able to police themselves. That as PK guilds would rise up, so too would anti-PK guilds.

username said:
    Again, great it was done, but unless we're going to do it on all 24 how many ever shards there are 24/7 well yeaaaaah not much was 'fixed' and technically it's harassment. I'm a big fan of fixing the issue not slapping a bandaid on it which is why we need CHANGE in the form of account bound items for all, or at least the option with reduced priced rewards (10 instead of 50) so we can transfer our own items. Wow, what an idea, being able to use our items as we wish without this shard bound trash.

To my opinion, this is only wishfull thinking.... it never happens in games or, if it happens, it does not last for long.....

Sooner or later, there is a group of players who, be it because they are more numerous, or because they use cheats or better cheats or for whatever other reasons and all that, gets to dominate over competing players' and they inevitably end up getting the monopoly of those spawn and whatever they give.....

Which, in turn, results in these few players as compared to the overall players' base, being able to "corner" the market for those items thanking to their monopoly, and thus be able to ask whatever they want from fellow players for those items.... and this, not only drives a rampant inflation up in the game but, also, often drives away many players from wanting to keep playing the game because now, in order to get those items, they have to get through long, mindless and repetitive grinds to earn the huge piles of gold that those players holding those monopolies ask for those items.....

It hurts the game, flat out, to my opinion....

Yet, I keep seeing this efforts in trying to Design games in the hope that players would police players.... Ihave never seen it happen, and think that it will never happen in games....

As I said, it is mere wishfull thinking.....

There needs to be an in-game policing that is independant from players and cannot be manipulated by players, to my opinion....
    edited October 2022
    Kaz said:

Absolutely.

Shard bound, me thinks, has been the best thing to happen for lower population Shards other then Atlantic in years...........
    edited October 2022
    username said:
    Kaz said:

They're farming to sell. 
    Please correct me if I am mistaken but I seemed to understand, that they are account bound as long as the account is Endless Journey.....

When the account gets subscribed, the account bound limitation goes away and the item becomes only shard bound, no longer also account bound....

So, I imagine, some among these players might farm a go-go with endless journey accounts and pile up all these drops as account bound, then, when they are done, subscribe for 1 month, have the account bound tag be removed, then go back to endless journey but enjoy the now no longer account bound items.....

Assuming that some among these players might sell then these items, over the span of the Event how many might they be able to gather worth how many Platinums in total ?

For the cost of 1 month subscription, it does not look like too much to me....

I mean, say that they can run their scripts 24/7 or at least for many, many hours a day, and get hundreds of drops per day, that can mean, over the span of the Event quite many Platinums worth of items which can have their account bound tag removed, as I have understood it, by just subscribing that EJ account for 1 month and then, once the items have had their account bound limitation removed, revert it to a free, EJ account and get to keep the no longer account bound items to sell them....

Still a lot profitable, it looks to me....

Different would it be, if the account bound limitation was to "stay" even if the EJ account was to be turned into a subscribed account.... then, the profitabily would indeed go away.
    popps said:
    username said:
    Kaz said:

They're farming to sell. 
    Please correct me if I am mistaken but I seemed to understand, that they are account bound as long as the account is Endless Journey.....

When the account gets subscribed, the account bound limitation goes away and the item becomes only shard bound, no longer also account bound....

So, I imagine, some among these players might farm a go-go with endless journey accounts and pile up all these drops as account bound, then, when they are done, subscribe for 1 month, have the account bound tag be removed, then go back to endless journey but enjoy the now no longer account bound items.....

Assuming that some among these players might sell then these items, over the span of the Event how many might they be able to gather worth how many Platinums in total ?

For the cost of 1 month subscription, it does not look like too much to me....

I mean, say that they can run their scripts 24/7 or at least for many, many hours a day, and get hundreds of drops per day, that can mean, over the span of the Event quite many Platinums worth of items which can have their account bound tag removed, as I have understood it, by just subscribing that EJ account for 1 month and then, once the items have had their account bound limitation removed, revert it to a free, EJ account and get to keep the no longer account bound items to sell them....

Still a lot profitable, it looks to me....

Different would it be, if the account bound limitation was to "stay" even if the EJ account was to be turned into a subscribed account.... then, the profitabily would indeed go away.
    Go read the patch notes @popps
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    popps said:

You are mistaken. Details are in the publish notes, and on the event page.
    McDougle said:
    keven2002 said:
    PlayerSkillFTW said:

/rant
    We all pay the same your pvp/Atlantic play is no more deserving than Origin cats or pac
    Difference is that we could shut down Origin and keep the game going. My guess is that there are probably some free shards out there that have more of a population than Origin (outside of EM events). Go look at your Deceit event. It's almost completely empty. 

Compare that to ATL which basically is UO. If they were to shut down ATL they would be shutting down the game.